2005 C++ Error 1935 - can't install :(

Ninjakittay

On windows 10 - several others have been able to install the BnS lite installer and move onto updating the game launcher. I am stuck at trying to get past the silly 2005 C++ Redistributable file requirement as part of the InstallShield Wizard, that prompts me to install as it comes up in a little box:

Status, Pending. Requirement, Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable MFC Security Update KB2538242(x86).

Every time I run as admin on the installer, it pops up saying it's required to have this particular version of C++, so fine, I click install. It begins to act like it's installing okay.. then fails, every single time. It looks like I have 2008 and onward C++'s installed just fine. This confuses me. Recommended by some forum posts and research to try to manually install 2005 C++ stuff. Grabbed it straight off Microsoft's site. Run as admin, watch bars.

That is when the error 1935 comes up as so:

Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of the assembly "Microsoft.VC80.ATL.type="win32".version="8.0.50727.42".publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e183b".processorArchitecture="x86"". Please refer to Help and Support for more information.

So in fact, I did. I tried contacting two different people for help on Microsoft's help and support chat. Spent too many hours with them remote'ing into my compie to check on things and try to solve. Seems like this IS in fact a problem for many others, but can't seem to find a solution to work. Kind of become stubborn about fixing this, mostly because it makes no sense to me and I'd like to get to the bottom of it. /sigh.

What in the world is going on? If 3 other people on similar set up gaming pc's all downloaded the installer and had no issue, what else could it be? I'm about to try deleting all my C++'s and attempting one last go at it.. unless, any of you kindly could assist me on this :( I am adept at keeping up on CC clean, not getting weird files, doing updates, and as of today, didn't do anything out of the ordinary to possibly cause this.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem too. It kinda sucks, you know. Even though I run it through compatibility mode, it doesn't seem to install the Microsoft Visual C++, and I've been doing it for two weeks now. I even try to install the Microsoft Visual manually but it goes with an error. /sigh

Archived