What's the point?

Rayane

Any point for new and returning players to play this game anymore?

I come back for soul boast finished it in time because you can't do it anymore.

So i started doing dgs getting oculus accessories have all except bracelet and belt which i cannot get because after the last patch  Abyssal throne got way harder.

Did many times before the patch can't do it once since then,whales don't help they kick you from the party and after they got the accessories they only do stag 1 for daily.

And after all the grind to get the accessories and upgrade them wasting a lot of gold because someone thought punting a fail system in the upgrade system was a fun idea.

And when you finally get your stuff to 10+ they just add new accessories that not only make all your hard earned stuff junk,all the items and gold you put into it wasted,and you have to start again, and oh but you cannot get the new stuff because it only drops at stg 5 and up and you can't do it because you don't have gear for it,and people that have gear for it don't help, and unless you have 10k boss attack power and you cannot get that because you can't get the new gear and the only other way is to upgrade the old stuff to like 20+ wasting gold that you will need to upgrade the new stuff.

I know you guys are making the game harder to force player to spend money in the game so i ask you this:

WHY PEOPLE WILL SPEND MONEY IN THE GAME TO UPGRADE THEIR GEAR IF THEY CANNOT GET THE GEAR? EVER THINK OF THAT?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Rayane said:

Any point for new and returning players to play this game anymore?

I come back for soul boast finished it in time because you can't do it anymore.

So i started doing dgs getting oculus accessories have all except bracelet and belt which i cannot get because after the last patch  Abyssal throne got way harder.

Did many times before the patch can't do it once since then,whales don't help they kick you from the party and after they got the accessories they only do stag 1 for daily.

And after all the grind to get the accessories and upgrade them wasting a lot of gold because someone thought punting a fail system in the upgrade system was a fun idea.

And when you finally get your stuff to 10+ they just add new accessories that not only make all your hard earned stuff junk,all the items and gold you put into it wasted,and you have to start again, and oh but you cannot get the new stuff because it only drops at stg 5 and up and you can't do it because you don't have gear for it,and people that have gear for it don't help, and unless you have 10k boss attack power and you cannot get that because you can't get the new gear and the only other way is to upgrade the old stuff to like 20+ wasting gold that you will need to upgrade the new stuff.

I know you guys are making the game harder to force player to spend money in the game so i ask you this:

WHY PEOPLE WILL SPEND MONEY IN THE GAME TO UPGRADE THEIR GEAR IF THEY CANNOT GET THE GEAR? EVER THINK OF THAT?

Id just say at this point people play , because they are addicted and cant quit 

Also blade and soul has solid pvp  build up , but unfortunately support nor current playerbase cant see it 
they are desperately trying to make blade and soul like another dungeon grind game 
1K per dungeon or dont play game XD 
this is why they added ctrl + k (aka insignia system) 
and people need to read stuff , unfortunately average new / returning player doesnt even bother reading 
so they just look POWER THROUGH  great nice damage , ( but it also destroys regen) XD  

also there isnt proper  anti guard system in blade and soul  so there are a lot of cheaters and some youtubers even made a video about it  😄

8 hours ago, Cartolino said:

How do you fail to do Abyssal Throne Stage 5 with 4 Oculus accessories?? There are easily enough people who still run this dungeon.

read again what i wrote 
also pve in most gaames doesnt require any brain power.  and blade and soul pve content (1k dungeon run is not special )
what blade and soul does nicely is pvp 
1v1 
nobody sees it 
but that requires people to get good. and remove their xmls  XD 
or let everybody use it
 playing roulette with this is NOT working 

On 6/4/2023 at 5:41 PM, Rayane said:

after they got the accessories they only do stag 1 for daily.

Every one i know either does stg 5 or 8 every day.

Don't know why you think people do stg 1, much better dynamic rewards from stg 5 and even better from 8

Don't spend money, the F9 thing is very bad for gold value and none of the quantaties in store, rng box, trove etc are not worth spending money on.

Battle pass is alittle worth.

Sell 90 day premium for like 450k is probably the most worth for NCoin, doing that often, it's good gold for NCoin.

and you have to start again

Just use succession.

My +20 stuff goes to +16 of the newest things.

and unless you have 10k boss attack power

10k bap is very low nowdays.

I dropped my alt at like 8800 bap (like 2 months ago i dropped him now) because i hit like a wall there and it was annoying trying to find parties and the dmg was just abyssmal compared to main.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also just as a final thing, NCsoft does very little to combat botting or cheating in this game.

My entire clan window is just people botting one specific dungeon for upgrade materials all day.

I don't because i think it's wrong to cheat like that, But these people get a lot of mats from this and that is how they get +20 on the newest accessories so fast

Edited by Uldrum

On 6/7/2023 at 1:30 AM, LunarS0ng said:

Like any game online in this world, either you start to force yourself to understand the changes or you just simply move on and Uldrum explains everything already.

The thing i've noticed with these "Rant, I'm leaving" posts is that they never comeback to like, respond to the arguments or feedback they get on their first post.

It's almost like it's.. Ranting just for attention sometimes, But not to improve their experience in the game, Just because the want to yell about how unfair things are.

• 3 weeks later...

whales do only stg1 AT? guess I am not considered a whale any longer. doing 8 and 5 if not multi, like everybody is

On 6/9/2023 at 4:33 AM, Uldrum said:

Ranting just for attention sometimes

basically people ranting just do so as they "leave". Making the lifes of the limited mods on forums even harder. and about botting - yeah - NC doesnt mind as long people spend money.

On 6/5/2023 at 7:56 PM, Uldrum said:

Also just as a final thing, NCsoft does very little to combat botting or cheating in this game.

My entire clan window is just people botting one specific dungeon for upgrade materials all day.

I don't because i think it's wrong to cheat like that, But these people get a lot of mats from this and that is how they get +20 on the newest accessories so fast

Yea people botting poharan, grim, altar, f20 skysong with astro bug, etc etc... makes it very demotivating to farm anything yourself... atleast I have my static to just do dailies with and not really give a damn about gearing up or rankings. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2023 at 1:32 AM, MakeTheGOD said:

Yea people botting poharan, grim, altar, f20 skysong with astro bug, etc etc... makes it very demotivating to farm anything yourself... atleast I have my static to just do dailies with and not really give a damn about gearing up or rankings. 

In the case of Skysong you'd still need the same overall DPS, so no real benefit is gained on that front. It's not like it magically enables them to do Stage 20.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2023 at 12:47 AM, DenialOfTruth said:

In the case of Skysong you'd still need the same overall DPS, so no real benefit is gained on that front. It's not like it magically enables them to do Stage 20.

Yes and no. Depend of group setup. All astro does is to make the run less buff/grab/breaker dependable. Meaning they can get away with just playing on 10% hp with full zerker/pt and pure dps rather than destro for cc extend plus grab, bard for buff and so on and so on. And also you have less chance to fail due to being knocked over by a tornado in the middle of the purple pizza....

Soul Boost Plus is now out and stage 2 begins with a requirement of either Abyssal or Skysong at stg5 x3 and progressively more runs at that stage.   So yes the game encourages farming,  but can  someone still in  Starcross gear be accepted into a party  for this?   Was not the point of soulboost to prepare players to do higher stages of the current dungeons ....

Asking about this in game chat and the response was that a party composed entirely of starcross geared players may be able to do stage 5 but it depends on a lot of ifs.

this game is prettty much on it's last leg i see less and less ppl now. NCsoft is probably trying to milk it for all its worth before they closed it down. it's too hard for a new player to enjoy this game the cost of upgrade and the grind/farm for material is too costly. i understand they gotta make their money for keeping the server open but how are you to get new player to play and spend money when the game doesn't even help you to enjoy it's content. NC store doesn't help either with everything in there is so costly. you basically gotta spend $100 each time just to have enough ncCoin to buy a couple item that you might need to further your game play. maybe NCsoft needs to rethink their marketing strategy. old players are already set..they have their gears to do what they need to do but new players good luck cause no one is willing to carry you through a dungeon so you can catch up to everyone else and maybe just maybe enjoy the game a little. so all in all i understand where Rayane is coming from. blades and soul isn't a player friendly game where new players can enjoy, it's more of thank you for playing now give me your bank account type of game. Rayane my advice to you is since there no pvp there's no point in trying to get top gear of the back. work with what you have and just slowly work your way up..all there is is just dungeon run after run. just do your daily and just keep saving eventually you'll be gear up like everyone else. no pvp so no point in rushing to have top gears. 

• Like 1

Game is hard only if you chase top stats. There is plenty of f2p players that play with market prices / crafts and upgrade. They may not have 20k BAP but i`ve seen quite a few around 14k mark. Just play smart. I came end of Jan during old SB. It wasn't easy but i`ve spend some coin. There is still people with around 8-10k bap doing stuff. And getting to 8k isn't hard at all. 

if my “future-sight” is worth anything at this time: they are working on transitioning it to more beginner friendly and less pay to win for more play to win.

however i am worried their development team is looking at what “works” instead of creative “BnS-style” innovations… i.e, with the northern continent they added those nodes for account-wide stats, and the recent update includes iteration on the same system but also working backwards into their earlier content which seems promising… but, on the other hand the collections and bounty type content gets boring really fast IMO especially when the cheaters still keep their ill-gotten gains and clog ranks with their plethoras of burner accounts, as well as their time worn practice of abusing the power creep to skip the crafted gameplay coordination and corrupting any potential for communal unity…

pretty much why i play alone: as a non cheating lover of high-craft video games, i really dont know for certain if who i see around has any capacity for relating to the experiences im looking for and what i believe the developers intentions are with their artistry within their workplace.

theyve trended on bigger and bigger numbers (damage, health, modifiers, etc…) as the game ages, but i hope they realize that is not important to the game, what is though is the relativity between player’s ability to cooperate with each other towards common goals with only some regard to distinguishing player’s long term investment with time, payment, and/or both

i think we all want Blade and Soul to find long term success, especially if one takes the time to read forums, and also log in to post/reply

so much to look forward to and lots of great experiences bring me here even though some individuals have made them less so. Consider how beneficial the practice of online game participation has been for your health! I love that Blade and Soul exists personally.

Thank You Everyone

P.S just jump straight to glean through the drop-scotch path!:))

• Like 2

I think that ncsoft does not understand that with the business model they currently use, the only thing they do is push players further away if they do not realize it before fixing this, in the end there will be no one left to play with, they have to realize that this is not as lineage 2 will not work the same.

Although I wouldn't say that lineage 2 works well but at least it survives which is not the same as what is happening with bns which is slowly dying.