Updated Newbie guide after Skystealer and Starcross removal

Hungibungi

Hi-hi!
Time to update the guide since they just removed 2 whole tiers of accessories (by removing upgrade materials) from existence, sooooo... Here we go!
(This is posted before the update hits, but... I am not really hopeful about them keeping Skystealer and Starcross materials, so... Yeah)

This is just a general guide with not much information, please read this guide made by Soulris for detailed information!
Want a guide for your class and/or for dungeons? Join the Academy Discord server!
Also, this is just my opinion. The main point is to have fun, so feel free to skip/add a few steps! 😊

Inventory management:
                Cosmetics can be put into the Showroom (F3)
                Keep everything from SoulBoost, F8 Dungeons, Raids, Battle Passes, Daily / Weekly Challenge rewards
                Keep random coins you get from dungeons, they can be exchanged for rewards in their respective NPC shops
                Keep food, charms, keys, repair tools
                Keep everything that is marketable, you can sell them for some extra gold

Early game (aka story and basic stuff):
                Join Crimson in EU and Cerulean in NA
                                You can change faction in Silverfrost Mountains -> Zaiwei -> Merchant Square and talk to the NPC Sul Lipin
                                awRTCDp.png
                Finish yellow, purple questline
                                Orange questline is optional, imo u can skip them but you do you

Mid game:
                Upgrade your weapon to +1 before you use the SoulBoost tokens!
                Daily routine:
                                Every Heroic and Demonsbane dungeon at least once a day
                                Shrouded Ajanara and Sanctum of Masters once a day
                You can find people in Faction/World chat and/or inside F8
                I would recommend only doing Easy Mode and Stage 1 difficulty dungeons until you are comfortable with your class/spec and are near the end of SoulBoost
                Do not join Hard Mode or Stage 5 difficulty dungeons until you know what you are doing (and know mechs)!
                Check out the Hongmoon Store (F10), in particular the Hongmoon Coin tab for free items
                Chaos Supply Chain Stage 5 is a good entry into harder content, I would recommend starting with that one as your first Stage 5 dungeon
                                You also want to farm out the True Poharan Soulshield set
                                                You want to have Crit on all of them
                                                You want to have Accuracy on 2, 4, 5, 6, 8
                                                You want to have Mystic on 3, 4, 7, 8
                                                You want to have Recovery on 1, 2, 5, 6
                                Crit and Accuracy is more important than Mystic and Recovery early on
                                You should use Psyches on them once you have a perfect roll
                                You can feed them into each other to increase stats
                Get Oculus Ring, Earring, Gloves from Stage 1 Isle and upgrade them to +6
                Do not use your Psyches yet, wait until you get the set from Isle, Abyssal Stage 5
                Upgrade your Unity Stones until you have all Orange, then start rerolling for Boss AP / stats you lack (like Crit / Accuracy)
                Farm out / get from NPC every Gildstone and make them +3 (if you have extra, reroll for better stats)
                Start making a debuff dmg Compound page (at first a Mystic / Debuff dmg hybrid page is fine)
                Turn in tasks as you complete them in your Journal and Art Gallery
                Use Insignias
                Get one of the AP Achievements
                Get the Shrouded Ajanara Badge and Amulet

End game:
                Get the accessory set from Isle and Abyssal Stage 5 (half Oculus, half new tier)
                                Use your psyches on them
                                Upgrade them as much as you can
                Upgrade your SoulBoost Soul/Heart/Pet/Talisman to +12
                                Only tier them up with SoulBoost tokens!
                                                Next SoulBoost will give free upgrades
                                You ideally want to make them +14 before making them Mythic rarity, but if you are not a hardcore grinder be happy with +12
                Start upgrading your Gildstones
                Upgrade your Amulet and Badges
                Once the rest of the new tier comes out, you ideally want to Success your +20 Oculus into them making +16 new tier, buuuuuuuut you can be happy with +16 into +12 as well 😊
                Get the new weapon from Stage 8 dungeons and start upgrading it

Alts:
            You want to have 3/6/9/12 alts
                        You only need to do 1 alt every 3 days
                                    Meaning you do 1 alt daily per every 3 alts you have
                                    Rest rewards stack up to 2, meaning they save the unclaimed rewards for 2 days, so doing them every 3rd day means no rewards lost
            They are useful for some events, gives some extra gold daily

Gems:
            There are weapon and pet gems, but tbh they are a hassle and should only touch them if you wanna rank

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Sadly it seems like I can't put links into the post, so... Can I please ask You (one of the Moderators) to change:
'read this guide' into a link with: bit.ly/BNSNewAndReturningGuide
'Academy Discord server' into a link with: discord.gg/KymkGQva5R
It was fine in the last guide, so I hope it is fine now as well. Thank you! 🙂 

• NCSOFT
6 hours ago, Hungibungi said:

Sadly it seems like I can't put links into the post, so... Can I please ask You (one of the Moderators) to change:
'read this guide' into a link with: bit.ly/BNSNewAndReturningGuide
'Academy Discord server' into a link with: discord.gg/KymkGQva5R
It was fine in the last guide, so I hope it is fine now as well. Thank you! 🙂 

Added links 🙏

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Hungibungi said:

Want a guide for your class and/or for dungeons? Join the Academy Discord server!

Everytime since i first joined in 2018 theres no channels at all in this discord server. No members either so i could'nt contact any admins about this issue.

I was originally in the channel but then it disappeared from my account for some reason. I've left it and tried rejoining several times over the years. Anway sucks its still a recommended source of information given my poor experience with it.

Edited by matthew

I don't remenber the 1st user experience but the Academy discord server is well populated and there is classes discussion everyday. Also all the class guide are pinned in it.
You probably need to ask for a class role at 1st to access everything on it

5 hours ago, matthew said:

Everytime since i first joined in 2018 theres no channels at all in this discord server. No members either so i could'nt contact any admins about this issue.

I was originally in the channel but then it disappeared from my account for some reason. I've left it and tried rejoining several times over the years. Anway sucks its still a recommended source of information given my poor experience with it.

It is still really active. You should be able to see either a #bot-spam or a #class-requests channel where people write in which class they play with (it unlocks channels for that class). I think you need to have at least 1 class role to see the general channels as well, but not 100% sure about that.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 2:31 PM, Hungibungi said:

It is still really active. You should be able to see either a #bot-spam or a #class-requests channel where people write in which class they play with (it unlocks channels for that class). I think you need to have at least 1 class role to see the general channels as well, but not 100% sure about that.

I appreciate the help.

The "BnS Academy discord" did work fine for me when i first joined it 6 or so years ago. It just randomly disappered from my server list, and everytime i join theres no channel lists or user lists. (Just an empty server). Maybe i was'nt active enough that it shadow banned my account. I've heard of it happening to other people on other discord servers too.  A friend had that same issue with my clans Lost Ark Discord.

Either way alternatives youtube and Alicekr.

@HungibungiCould also add that theres currently an event running on the 5th tab of the dragon express. I just noticed it tonight.

At the bottom is a "3-Enchanted essence bundle" for 50 gold. After a new player clears the daily quest they should have enough gold to purchase 1 3xessence per day per character. These can be used to exchange for essential crafting materials. like Sacred Vials, Pet packs, transformation stones.

• 3 weeks later...