Expected roles of classes

Hi there,

as this game has no classic tank or healer definition, one would expect every class to be equal doing damage. However, I found old posts stating that e.g. a KungFuMaster is always the tank and a summoner is more of a healer than a DamageDealer.

As said, these were old posts from 2017. How is the situation now?

Is the gunner shooting antibiotics as a healer in endgame?

The bard playing death metal on the harp and generating lots of aggro in endgame?

I'm especially interested in playing a heal-like class.

Thanks for answering ~

5 hours ago, Carole SaintChapelle said:

Hi there,

as this game has no classic tank or healer definition, one would expect every class to be equal doing damage. However, I found old posts stating that e.g. a KungFuMaster is always the tank and a summoner is more of a healer than a DamageDealer.

As said, these were old posts from 2017. How is the situation now?

Is the gunner shooting antibiotics as a healer in endgame?

The bard playing death metal on the harp and generating lots of aggro in endgame?

I'm especially interested in playing a heal-like class.

Thanks for answering ~

Generally....all classes can be tanks, you just slap some HM points into aggro and yolo. However....there are classes which are not persay dedicated tanks, but are classes best suited for tanking such as KFM, Blade Master for example. They have aggro skills, block / parries and dodges.

Its the opposite for healing, while there are classes that have a skill that CAN heal party members, everyone heals themselves through life drain. So there is definetely no heal-like class or dedicated healer class. There are however "support" classes, that give the party buffs. Bard especially has a spec dedicated to support.

• Like 1

The Tanking role on B&S is not the same as other games where the tank is supposed to really tank some damage.... it's just an Aggro Holder on B&S

B&S kinda introduced a new roll : the grab service

Good "Aggro Holders" : Warden, Destro, BM, KFM, SF?, Assassin?

Good "Grab" :  KFM,BD,Des,WL,Summoner,SF(rip own dps tho)

Gunner is pure DPS, the 3rd Spec is literally a "BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" Spec 

Musician got good burst but not as good as a shifting Dual-Blade

For Healing Classes : Go for Soul Fighter (melee) or Summoner (ranged)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ASHE ENT. said:

The Tanking role on B&S is not the same as other games where the tank is supposed to really tank some damage.... it's just an Aggro Holder on B&S

B&S kinda introduced a new roll : the grab service

Good "Aggro Holders" : Warden, Destro, BM, KFM, SF?, Assassin?

Gunner is pure DPS, the 3rd Spec is literally a "BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" Spec 

Musician got good burst but not as good as a shifting Dual-Blade

For Healing Classes : Go for Soul Fighter (melee) or Summoner (ranged)

I tank HM + STG 8 train on my Divine hand SF every day.

My friend who's sin tanks Altar always.

Divine hand does not grab tho, think that is only Ice.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2023 at 12:07 PM, ASHE ENT. said:

Correction. Replace WL with FM, because the extra damage % with WL is horrible and not worth it (while it's actually good with FM). Summoner also has a lower percentage boost, but at least it's a cat pin, which allows all party members to freely dps.
KFM can extend its own grab a little, which makes it stand out.

2 hours ago, Rhiakath said:

Correction. Replace WL with FM, because the extra damage % with WL is horrible and not worth it (while it's actually good with FM). Summoner also has a lower percentage boost, but at least it's a cat pin, which allows all party members to freely dps.
KFM can extend its own grab a little, which makes it stand out.

Yeah with the recent patch the extra damage % with WL grab went down from 80% to 60%. 

as already said I guess only 3 classes have aggro skill, which can be outruled by HMpoints and most time a melee tank is required to umm prevent range checks.

as for your journey becoming a healer...does any aside SF have an active heal anymore? maybe new class might receive heals iunno that