How can we get more hourglasses?

Nicolee

On 1/31/2023 at 5:21 AM, lillvargen said:

the wheel tickets drop in low stages too, I got it as low as stg3 on alt

In s12, they drop 5 guaranteed / run.  In  stages less than s5, they drop 0 in 30 runs or less.  That is effectively zero.  With 10 tix from carries at s5, I got zero hourglasses.

Getting zero in lower stages, that result in zero hourglasses, is effectively zero compared to s12, where one can get 5 guaranteed.  Saying to farm lower rates that have a 0/30 chance of dropping for a tix that gives a 0/10 chance of dropping an hourglass = a less than 0/300 chance of getting an hourglass.

To be clear, where can I have some guaranteed chance of getting hourglasses, since as I watch, more and more people are reaching above HM30, while I effectively stand still?

On 2/2/2023 at 12:06 PM, Saito Sacchi said:

you  can buy more tickets via demonsbane tokens

Where?

Neither of the Darkweald NPC's in Muchins sell wheel tix, at all.  If ONLY that was true!  But sadly, if it is there, I'm missing it.

Please tell me where I can buy oculus wheel tix, since I really am not seeing it. 

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, Nicolee said:

Where?

Neither of the Darkweald NPC's in Muchins sell wheel tix, at all.  If ONLY that was true!  But sadly, if it is there, I'm missing it.

Please tell me where I can buy oculus wheel tix, since I really am not seeing it. 

Thanks!

Hi,

Check NPC - Trader Kang Sangyoung at Ajanara Monastery.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, xRogalDDL said:

Hi,

Check NPC - Trader Kang Sangyoung at Ajanara Monastery.

Thanks for the ptr, that kang charges ratings emblems not darkweld stones, so not nearly as many, however out of 22 tix on the wheel, got zero hourglasses and zero soups.  I have to say that even with a way to get wheeltix, that's still not a good way to get hourglasses.  Only way I've seen, was from Darkweald drop in the 1st week of the even (none since) and occasionally listed in F10(HMstore).  Still wish there was a better way to spend more time in DW and get the exp. 

Lately, I've had two mornings when I didn't get enough kills to finish the DW quest (kill 200 monsters).  I babysat the session this morning, and reason seems to be lack of monsters.  I find an area with 20-30 monsters in it, wipe them out, then they don't regen.  Only way I finished quest was by switching to another channel where I got lucky and the area wasn't cleared out yet.  Anyway to maybe increase the respawn rate? to at least allow finishing the quest in the time allotted?  It's not the fight time -- but the travel time between monsters + picking up loot bags. 

Respawn might not be as much an issue if could spend more time in there / day (some easier way to get hourglasses).  I even switched my guild to Acquired Taste, so I could be sure to have the soup to trade to the muchin NPC for the DarkWeald soup, but there's only so much I can do with low-access (limited time) and sparse monster respawns.

Thanks!

As I run into find an area that semi-open -- I see plenty of characters just standing around doing nothing -- no respawns whether they are close to others or not.  If they are close to others, I'm more likely to see no monsters anywhere, as they "help" each other clear out monsters, but I see no sign of being next to others helping respawn.  Not saying it doesn't help, just that I've never seen players together having better respawn rates -- only worse monster kill rates as they get in each other's way.

Only got hourglasses 1st week they were added.  After that, they were apparently removed.  I.e. luck had nothing to do with it -- they were possible early on, then removed.  :-(