allow UI resizing to go both ways

Nicolee

If you have a higher res screen (say 3840 x 2160), its hard to have a clear image where the UI is readable.

Iv you try 1920x1080, the picture isn't sharp -- much like mentioned in MS Win's resolution dialogs where they mention that if you don't use

the monitor's native res, you'll get slight bluriness, especially in/around text.  If I try to run at native res, text and icons/widgets are very tiny and text is often

unreadable.  If I run at 1080p, I get more bluriness which also interfers with reading small text, especially against a low-contrast background.  So I compromise at 1440p (2560x1440) -- but it is a compromise with effects from the higher and lower resolutions -- still making text hard to read.

I try to run with UI at 100%, as that seems to be the most clear.  However, what I'd really like to see is ability to use high res (3840x2160), but with ability to

set the UI to values > 100%.  It's easier to retain clarity and sharpness for smaller amounts of magnification ( increases of 120, 125, 133, 150%) when done by

software).  Right now, you can decrease magnification (values <100%) or go w/fixed size (100%).  I'd like to see the option to use the UI% value to magnify the UI -- so I'd still get sharp images using the native resolution of my monitor, but could also get the UI text magnified (which ends up really tiny on a higher res display).

Can't show a picture, really, since text and images you see, are also automatically scaled by one's display card and monitor, which will obscure effects of BnS UI and res settings.

I don't know, but it seems just allowing the res slider to achieve values >100 might be a simple/cheap/easy first step.  It might not be perfect, but likely better than trying to read 4pt txt! 

Thanks!   Hopefully this is the right place for game suggestions

• Like 1