Something is broke with Alter of Infinite

AllSlidersMaxed

I cannot say what it but something is wrong with Alter of infinite. The ranking board is full of characters with Story gear only. One character was literally naked except upsurge harp. 

I understand there are some very large whales out there but these alts are clearing stage 19 and I only see it on Alter of infinite. If you were mega whale and going to get your trash tier alts ranked I would think you would do it for all Demonsbane not just one. I would hope stage 19/20 would be difficult enough to require a coordinated party.

Lastly I think this also shows the ranking system is broken that you can get ranked while doing no damage to the boss. To get ranking some system should be put in place that required a minimum amount of participation. So whales cant just carry no gear alts and get higher ranking than people who are actually trying.

• Like 1

Its not just bard. It exists across multiple classes. And if it really is whales carrying alts why would they stop at alter of infinite why arn't are all the demonsbane instances like this. I guess it is possible but I find that unlikely. Even if it is true kinda goes to my third point that the ranking system is kinda trash as well.

Edited by AllSlidersMaxed

I agree with sliders, this is something that is appearing across all classes on this one dungeon. I also agree that there needs to be some sort of participation in the dungeon to get credit for the ranking if this problem persists.

Hopefully with the new dungeons coming out and the olds ones falling off it will eliminate this issue with Altar rankings. But if it persists I think it will need addressed.

23 hours ago, Airelin said:

anymore.

yeah, ”anymore„ 🥴

to OP: yeah ranking is rigged, but NC can't seem too catch on how rankings get rigged. Back when ToI was still happening [a place with 100 Floors] the ranking had people clearing floors above 100 [they don't exist] with a time less than 0 seconds [-7 or so]. MINUS time to clear inexisting things. Them people still got rank 1 reward.

and despite the community flagging those who temper with rankings nothing has changed for the better.

Then again people start selling rankings now.

Edited by Saito Sacchi

Highly depends imo.

scenario A: buncho peepos farmed the hell out of the game so they are legit and are now bored and sell runs, I could not be any more d'accord with it.

scenario B: people using exploits/cheats sell rankings because they know howto clear without any effort.

as said_ community is on it. at some point NC will have to take action.

Scenario B is not happening since "those people" who are selling runs are doing it the legit way. Just stop complaining over the game for silly things; they got gear, get over it

Also: If you're talking about "It's not possible to do mechanics as 3 people", in Altar of the Infinite mechanics can be done by only 2 people.

Edited by Airelin

Issue : All demonsban ladders (rank 1 and 2) of few classes are cheated/abused by 4 people since almost 6 seasons now, with unattainable scores by legit way.

Solution : Max geared people are compensating for this loss by carry-ranking on their alts. Which is possible with 3 maxed gear people in Altar 20.

Altar has the lowest stat check out of the current 3 demonsbanes, so it is the 'easiest' to carry low geared alts in. Nexus and Chimera both start having high stat checks from floor 12 and start requiring you to have the appropriate gildstone leveled up in order to be somewhat relevant.

As for Zai's comment about 'unattainable scores' - we clear the dungeon within 10 minutes when clearing the dungeon in one attempt without wiping, and by full clearing the dungeon so it's at 100% on the meter. Those scores are all obtainable, let alone can go even higher than what is posted depending on how much more mechanics you do (the pinging sound you hear when doing stuff during the boss adds mech points to your overall score). 

13 hours ago, Chaosbutter said:

As for Zai's comment about 'unattainable scores' - we clear the dungeon within 10 minutes when clearing the dungeon in one attempt without wiping, and by full clearing the dungeon so it's at 100% on the meter. Those scores are all obtainable, let alone can go even higher than what is posted depending on how much more mechanics you do (the pinging sound you hear when doing stuff during the boss adds mech points to your overall score). 

173k points on stage 20 Altar isnt obtainable by "legit way", kinda simple to verify with KR ranking. It's not a question of clearing in 10min without wipe, I don't know if you're trolling or if you're serious ^^'

Race' score of less than 30sec was obtainable if you remember

Edited by Zai

16 hours ago, Zai said:

173k points on stage 20 Altar isnt obtainable by "legit way", kinda simple to verify with KR ranking. It's not a question of clearing in 10min without wipe, I don't know if you're trolling or if you're serious ^^'

Can't say for EU ladders - NA ladders max out at 160k which are obtainable legitimately.

5 hours ago, Chaosbutter said:

Can't say for EU ladders - NA ladders max out at 160k which are obtainable legitimately.

Yeah 160k in Lab for Sure but for Altar and Nexus youre around 150/155k points with 100% mob clear + 25% DmG Partic. + 8-10 min Run Clear 

On 1/29/2023 at 4:44 PM, Chaosbutter said:

I specified on Altar.
Each max point depends on instance.
We saw the same on shrine : max was around 150k and 4 trolls made 180k ^^
It's just some exploit that works on each demonsban, used by always the same 4 people on each demonsban since hall of trials

Nvm, kinda happy to solved this issue by ranking alts, dont like that but no choice

oJbDPLd.png

This is a problem, just because someone is abusing the ranking does not mean it isn't broken. I'm sorry if this guy is a friend of yours, or you are doing the same thing on this server or another. The fact remains that this isn't how the rankings were intended to be. This is obvious proof of someone abusing the system.

This only has one consequence, and that is to drive players away from the game. 

Yes, this is definitely abusing a system that is currently in place. Characters that are low geared have no business being that high ranked, where most players can't clear up to Stage 19.

On 1/21/2023 at 12:31 PM, Airelin said:

I understand, but again, since it's the oldest demonsbane and lot of people have way more than enough gear to clear f20, they basically 3 man it. There's no weird exploit happening in there anymore.

If there are, "lot of people have way more than enough to clear F20", as you claim there are then why are we seeing some random characters coming from 1 or 2 accounts with story gear and no gear at all like Sibold's example, and not another set of geared players ranked as such? Just a group of Maxed geared characters exploiting the system by carrying even if this is not cheating it's abusing the system. There needs to be some type of change to how characters obtain their rankings then just simply existing in the fight.

Possible solution  @Green Storm

• A good point made at the beginning of this thread is to have a Minimum DMG % dealt in the fight required to be ranked.
  • Since all these low geared characters are also low Hongmoon level, maybe to have a Hongmoon level requirement per stage.
  • Have some sort of gear check in order to enter the instance.
  • Only allow a certain amount of players per account to be ranked.

Thanks for taking the time to read and consider the possible solutions.

Kinda insane how people always find a way to abuse the system. They could also make it so only one character per class per account gets ranking rewards. That way I don't have to be pissed off when my ranking is lowered by one dude and his 6 alts and his 3 friends that are helping carry and their 6 alts.... I'm only playing this game casually. I only ever get ranking rewards on my one main character. It would be nice to just get what I earned instead of being knocked down the ladder by a few whales hogging all the top rewards.

On 1/31/2023 at 5:21 AM, Nanology said:

Kinda insane how people always find a way to abuse the system. They could also make it so only one character per class per account gets ranking rewards. That way I don't have to be pissed off when my ranking is lowered by one dude and his 6 alts and his 3 friends that are helping carry and their 6 alts.... I'm only playing this game casually. I only ever get ranking rewards on my one main character. It would be nice to just get what I earned instead of being knocked down the ladder by a few whales hogging all the top rewards.

Understandable, kinda a good idea, unfortunatly not really possible i assume
Didn't really want to do it, even if some others whales already did that since long time. But have to adapt when the support gets humiliated by some trolls since 6 months.
Sadge for casual gamers 😞 Hope you keep enjoy the game !