Nerf on Musician

Shinwai

Prior to the nerf, I was doing lvl 18 on hard diff in shadow of masters.  My numbers were good and darkwield was good. Consistantly played lvl 5 and even a bit more. When the nerf hit, I tried out Shadow of Masters and died at lvl 2.  Tried it again next day died at lvl 3.  Darkwield became unplayable.  At the easiest lvl I die after every 2 or 3 kills. Never died once prior to nerf. I can understand nerfing damage a bit, getting it in line with other builds.  I've adjusted the build for the most defense.  I'm at lvl 20.  I can no longer run missions even at lvl one I constantly die. It's like a joke.  Even running across the floor, I die.  Not like something hit me and my health drops,  It's

like full health and then instantly dead.  And this is not  in a battle!  I was doing a run with a group of guys I've teamed up with many times, and they amazed at how quickly I died.  I like the character and it's fun to play.  Right now it's basically unplayable.  

Judging how he is saying he dies super fast...maybe we should ask:

Do you have a costume equipped and soulshields? Soulshield bonuses will not work without a costume equipped (though since hes doing hard content i doubt that would be it)

Bard never ment to be a tank afaik, so yeah you'd die alot. Still, the only changes are in my talents hence it ruined my playstyle and - yeah - this rendered me a bit squishy but nothing out of the ordinary.

1 hour ago, ASHE ENT. said:

I'm guessing about equipping insignia you are not supposed to ...

Like Daredevil or Killing Strike

or even full PT or maybe any PT could be devastating at the beginning. Then again dying out of combat really hits some other nerf: bleeding. Unless OP did tinker with game we can't bleed out of combat afaik.

as for darkweald: yeah there are big mobs, which take longer to kill. as ranged you may aggro many mobs which will gather around you and you  can't heal agains much at the beginning. and HM20 is far from over *wink*

as for shadow(?) of masters: I assume you did a NM by mistake. Happens to me all the time, since I cba what I do aslong I finish the daily in it. Then again it comes down to runes you'd pick. Some can proc and benefit you - here lies the twist - sometimes they won't proc and you don't get any benefit. This can explain waves 2 or 5, yet with full storymode gear HM stg 10~15 seems to be the sweetspot

as for general: do a filescan! I mean its highly unlikely but occasionally patching the game wont fix but break stuff. On my end: I re-install BnS every year since some patch always finds a way to corrupt my game.

food for though:

-> share your gear/F2/P/runes/compound/etc

-> record SoM runs so we can visualize