Is Darkweald Permanent or not?

Jago

• NCSOFT

It's me again! I can confirm that we currently have no plans to remove The Darkweald! The method to obtain hourglasses will change.

It's impossible in MMOS to say that a piece of content is "permanent" as we can't exactly predict what future update would require removing it, either by design or because it's causes issues that aren't easy to fix.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Green Storm said:

It's me again! I can confirm that we currently have no plans to remove The Darkweald! The method to obtain hourglasses will change.

It's impossible in MMOS to say that a piece of content is "permanent" as we can't exactly predict what future update would require removing it, either by design or because it's causes issues that aren't easy to fix.

I hope it remains for a long time to come, it's actually a pretty good place to AFK farm at and it's clear there may be some thought into expanding it. I've seen inactive loading portals on B1 that suggest that it might get more someday in the future...

• Like 1

• NCSOFT
12 hours ago, DenialOfTruth said:

it's clear there may be some thought into expanding it.

You're right that there is room for more things to be introduced in The Darkweald. Please don't read my comment as a promise that it will happen, but I know that it's possible.

The Darkweald was a "recycled" content from Blade & Soul Frontier, there were 2 field bosses, you can kinda see the remnants of some places with inaccessible portals. 

All I can tell is there are some items missing in  darkweald ore merchant, like a weapon skin, maybe the one in the  battle pass season 6. 

There is more to come, yet the question remains if we will get it [as already stated here].

I'd only wonder if we would get more items to get with the currency? Like hourglasses themselfs?

Also since we just moved to bimonthly updated I am sure it'll be either gone in february or updated.

3 hours ago, Saito Sacchi said:

There is more to come, yet the question remains if we will get it [as already stated here].

I'd only wonder if we would get more items to get with the currency? Like hourglasses themselfs?

Also since we just moved to bimonthly updated I am sure it'll be either gone in february or updated.

It hasn't been removed in KR yet, so until that time, it is impossible to say when or if it will be removed.

I really would hope so. Ebonrealm was gone fast too without much notice. Certain other things do also just vanish (blinks at SSP), so all we actually can confirm is the bimonthly route which was announced. Minus announcements rarely hold only truth within.

rn, I only see online/dbct as a source of hours. And even if the area stays [which is highly likely since there is more content] I expect huge exp nerf etc. To my liking mobs started to spawn alot slower now. Also I get roughly 25k less(130to106) exp already. And as for items, there isn't much to actually farm here.

3 hours ago, Saito Sacchi said:

I really would hope so. Ebonrealm was gone fast too without much notice. Certain other things do also just vanish (blinks at SSP), so all we actually can confirm is the bimonthly route which was announced. Minus announcements rarely hold only truth within.

rn, I only see online/dbct as a source of hours. And even if the area stays [which is highly likely since there is more content] I expect huge exp nerf etc. To my liking mobs started to spawn alot slower now. Also I get roughly 25k less(130to106) exp already. And as for items, there isn't much to actually farm here.

Ebon Realm still exists, it just became useless as newer content came out.