Event leaderboard rewards

Hungibungi

Now that the first week of the event is near, I feel a bit worried.

As Green Storm wrote here, they plan to adjust the leaderboards:

Is it going to happen before the weekly rewards are sent out?
If it is not going to happen before the weekly reset, would it be possible to just give out 50 (or at least 25) Cloudrift Coins for every character?
I have the time of 1:55.59 on one of my characters and is currently ranked 604. If we assume that the KR run of 1:48 is not the fastest, but really close to it, then the top ~300 should be gone (just an estimate, I am sure that You and the devs can figure out the mathematically best time possible).
Let's say that someone is the 525th at weekly reset with the current leaderboard, meaning they will get 12 coins. With a corrected leaderboard they would get 50 coins.

PS: I do not know what the best possible time is, just wanted to give an example of why we should get some extra coins if they can't adjust the leaderboards in time. 🙂

They removed some today, but left some obvious speedhackers still in it. Not to mention they removed some characters from an account, but left 4+ of their alts in the leaderboard.

They also likely werent rankbanned, cuz you see them still in other rankings meaning alot prolly gonna enter today and hack again. 

Im not sure if there already was a race and alot of em reentered today, but thats possible too.

Edited by Crona Darkdance

They did purge every suspicious time. Currently I am 355th with 1:55.59 😄Almost 300 places higher.
There's 1 issue tho... There was 1 event period 10 mins ago, so the leaderboard is screwed again... Now only the top ~20 is too fast to be true (on EU) tho, so that's a plus.
Thank you for cleaning the leaderboard out, hope you can do it once more before the reset 🙂 

• NCSOFT

I just want to confirm that we took the first actions to fix the Great Windwalk Race leaderboard, removing completion times that cannot be reached by playing the game normally. We're continuing to monitor the situation and will further action accounts if and when we deem it necessary. If you believe that your account was actioned incorrectly, please contact Customer Support. Do not post on the forums about this topic as we cannot discuss any account-related action publicly.

I'm also going to ask everyone to stop speculating about who did what, because most details about our actions and what we base them on cannot be shared publicly. Speculation does not lead to healthy discussions as we've already seen over the past week when we had to delete posts from players arguing on the forums. We will moderate comments that don't comply with the Forums Code of Conduct.

Thank you for your understanding.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Green Storm said:

I just want to confirm that we took the first actions to fix the Great Windwalk Race leaderboard, removing completion times that cannot be reached by playing the game normally. We're continuing to monitor the situation and will further action accounts if and when we deem it necessary. If you believe that your account was actioned incorrectly, please contact Customer Support. Do not post on the forums about this topic as we cannot discuss any account-related action publicly.

I'm also going to ask everyone to stop speculating about who did what, because most details about our actions and what we base them on cannot be shared publicly. Speculation does not lead to healthy discussions as we've already seen over the past week when we had to delete posts from players arguing on the forums. We will moderate comments that don't comply with the Forums Code of Conduct.

Perfectly reasonable. At the end of the day all we can do is report suspect behavior and hope for swift action. I do have my doubts about some of the times under 1:48, but it's possible there's a trick that's perfectly legit that no one else really knows right now. Still a solid event even with those trying to ruin the fun for others.

Well i am a returning player so had no idea of state of the game until that post made , about ban on timings , and the laugh stock that triggered on all discord pages about it 🙂 . So i agree with removing rankings even if they add smth on F10 or not 🙂 .

The top of the ranks are the same people removed last week. Should have rankbanned all the characters from the same account at least for this season.

If theres no downsides it will just happen again and again for no other reason than that they can. Mean the Seasonrewards are not even worth much. 

• NCSOFT

Hi,

We’re in the second week of the Great Windwalk Race and continue monitoring the situation. As I mentioned before, we’ve removed the scores that cannot be reached via normal gameplay from the week 1 leaderboards. We’ve seen that abnormal scores are back again during week 2, so we’re going to issue a temporary ban to players abusing this system. The week 2 leaderboard will be fixed accordingly next week.

Further abuse of the system will extend the temporary bans to permanent bans from the game. We do not take these actions lightly and want to reiterate that if a player continues to abuse the Great Windwalk System, they will permanently lose access to their account.

Note that we cannot discuss these actions publicly beyond telling you we are taking steps. If you need to discuss the situation of your account, please contact our Customer Support Team. Please continue not to speculate about these steps, as it does not lead to healthy discussions. We will moderate comments that don't comply with the Forums Code of Conduct.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Green Storm said:

We’ve seen that abnormal scores are back again during week 2, so we’re going to issue a temporary ban to players abusing this system. The week 2 leaderboard will be fixed accordingly next week.

Are you aware of ranking rollback that happened during maintenance? All rankings removed on tuesday afternoon/night were added back during maintenance

• Like 1

On 11/18/2022 at 11:15 AM, Green Storm said:

we’ve removed the scores that cannot be reached via normal gameplay

This is an inadequate measure. I have several specific questions regarding this issue. I understand you cannot discuss specific accounts, but you can discuss specific enforcement measures. If you cannot, then your credibility is at stake.

A. Do you plan to remove or investigate alt characters of players with impossible times from the leaderboards?

B. Do you plan to remove or investigate alt accounts of said players? Several players have at least 3 accounts with 8+ characters each.

C. Do you plan to flag these accounts as exploits="1" in the database to prevent entry in the event? A game ban is unnecessary, except for multiple accounts. The only reasonable solution is to prevent entry, otherwise they may still obtain rewards at a faster pace.

D. Do you plan to remove or investigate players who obtained nearly impossible times under 1:50 within the first 1-2 days? Below 1:52 is not even skill. It's a fight against known glitches (like the ravine invisible wall), lag and rng. The probability required to obtain this score so early is nearly non-existent. Below 1:50 times would require hundreds of runs on average, and several days of practice. The top 40-50 players of week 1, above 1:47, were still alts of known exploiters.

E. Do you plan to remove or investigate players with nearly impossible times using other methods of exploitation, which are not as obvious? It's impossible to list such methods here, as that is against terms of service.

Requesting videos places an unreasonable burden on players, due to time constraints in producing such videos. My list of exploiters now stretches to over 50, each with additional alt characters and accounts. I sincerely hope you do not expect the players to perform these functions.

Furthermore, if you do not take this action now, based on week 1 standings, they will simply abuse the inadequate measures you've outlined for them, which are - times above 1:47 will be considered legitimate, giving them another opportunity to abuse the system.

Edited by 2501

The issue of the topic has been answered a while ago and people seem to use it for off-topic discussion. Is there a way for me to close this, or would it be possible for you to close this topic?
Thanks.

PS: The topic was about the weekly rewards and a possible compensation, but as you all saw, the leaderboards were cleaned before resets and we got the correct amount of rewards. 🙂