Ideas or Suggestion

Fynn58

i have an alt. dual swords; things were going fine until after an update by those wonderful people who run the game.  Now my alt with over 400K health is totally killable by ANY NPC who hits her once.  I've tried sending screen shots to those lovable/wacky people in Support but every time I try ; when I press submit I am told it took to long and I was disconnected. So any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

I'm looking forward to NCWest being able to make repairs only if the players make things easier...

• Why don't you finally even out the spec differences, like you allowed any badge to be used? Currently, there are three options for most specifications, but only one is actually usable. I will give a few examples that I know:
    Summi – most play fantasy, a few play ex-earth and no one plays ex-wind.
    FM - almost everyone plays fire, because DPS is twice that of Lightning and nobody plays ICE.
  • Why don't you balance DPM for individual classes? Summi is total pleb where a player with the same geat but playing for example FM has double damage?
  • Why don't you increase the income of gold, when in order to get to a higher gear the player would have to play honestly every day for thirteen years!
  • Why don't you do something with PvP so it's not dead, after all I'm waiting 15 minutes for an opponent in the arena! It would be enough to limit the acc rewards, which would prevent the 1st player from having 10 characters in the top places there.
  • Why don't you change the unable to trade items to bonud to acc, even if you have to buy a sealing charm for some items, which is currently useless?
  • Why did you take cat taunt from the summoner class? As if the class wasn't nearly useless by now…

On 7/28/2022 at 8:58 PM, darthBaal said:

I'm looking forward to NCWest being able to make repairs only if the players make things easier...

• Why don't you finally even out the spec differences, like you allowed any badge to be used? Currently, there are three options for most specifications, but only one is actually usable. I will give a few examples that I know:
    FM - almost everyone plays fire, because DPS is twice that of Lightning and nobody plays ICE.
  • Why don't you balance DPM for individual classes? Summi is total pleb where a player with the same geat but playing for example FM has double damage?
  • Why don't you increase the income of gold, when in order to get to a higher gear the player would have to play honestly every day for thirteen years!
  • Why don't you do something with PvP so it's not dead, after all I'm waiting 15 minutes for an opponent in the arena! It would be enough to limit the acc rewards, which would prevent the 1st player from having 10 characters in the top places there.
  • Why don't you change the unable to trade items to bonud to acc, even if you have to buy a sealing charm for some items, which is currently useless?
  • Why did you take cat taunt from the summoner class? As if the class wasn't nearly useless by now…

In all nice feelings and honesty... your wishes won't be heard. 

There is meta specs and there is very bad specs. It is how it is. They won't fix this anytime soon, more like they will built up on it. New specs are always overbusted so people are pleased into swiping or rerolling which does involve real money cost as well. It's a business strategy. 

I gave up on it tbh. You either play the game or you don't and you deal with the changes they release to the game if you do decide to keep playing. That's the only way. 

I m a veteran on this game i played it for thousands of hours back in the days, with the ue4 upgrade i joined in and actually had some fun but i didnt have too much time and the game was repetitive and worse than before.

Yesterday i just wanted to see how it was rolling once again and yeah before even the start i was having issues... 

The download was THE MOST DIFFICULT download i have even done in my life, to get it going i was needed to delete files constantly but after 1,5days of trying i joined in finally. 

To find what? The economy was crushed, the players told me they were making so little gold that i was freaked out, like 200-400 gold a day WITH ALTS when 9 months before i was making 1500gold a day with 1 character that was decent and not even good for end game raids.

The game have removed item paths permanently and as a returning player or even as a new player you are completely lost in the sea of unknown new materials and the old ones that are dozens in your inventory.

The game has destroyed its pvp and open world content with only the dungeon instance and some raids still remaining somewhat intact but very boring and pointless.

It can be fixed tho first things first the launcher. Without fixing the errors yourself no one will download it because he cant and he wont bother even search for it and even if someone like me tries it he may not succeed, the only reason i tried so much was my connection problems i didnt want to play other games and disconnect. 

Secondly revive the pvp aspect by giving players a new pvp path to pursue on battlegrounds boost the rewards on bg and arena to be worth the time. 

Thirdly make everything in the game aquireable to f2p players like gems that are almost impossible to get them as f2p or the sacred oil pet pods

That you get 3 per week and 1 simple upgrade need 5 of those this is not good enough and if you are thinking "oh no this cant be done the players will grind and make full upgrades everywhere and then they will get bored and stop playing" is just not happening players were leaving for a while now and they are still leaving

Make players do 1 upgrade every 2-3days playing only 1 character. Accs are problematic the way you have them just rng dropping and without path like weapon. I was doing gotta catch em all achievment if i bought the old necklace from vendor for 2k gold and then i was told to throw it up well what do you expect me to continue playing? No destroying it for boosts or whatever the 150 new little bonuses are were not worth my time. 

Dungeons keep changing and the old ones are gone forever, just balance the old ones and make them change every week so there is some versatility to break down the boredom. 

Clan crafting, player crafting should be meaningful and costume crafting be available more easly with a lot of old costumes all in one place to be aquired with some no p2w mats and another tab with p2w but the players should at least be able to get 4-5 of those old good costumes fairly easly

Re-add item pathing window again really. And as for the new time consuming features that i know little about just make them a little easier. Im 2115ap and i know nothing about psyches or whatsoever. 

I m not expecting clever answers from gms but i want to hear the thoughts of other players. Do you agree with my suggestions? 

the game hasn't destroyed pvp, some players have

I've played this game since start and am still playing, I don't have much issues like others with gold and materials, but that might be cause I am litterally a horder lol, all except 2 characters are geared semi up to date, main up to date with some spots of improvement left

I take it easy, I am not chasing for newest gear, I will get it some day

On 8/1/2022 at 8:43 PM, xWHarleyQuinnWx said:

Dungeons keep changing and the old ones are gone forever, just balance the old ones and make them change every week so there is some versatility to break down the boredom. 

I do agree with the rest of your post, but this is inaccurate: old dungeons are removed from F8/Cross Server, but their open world entrances still exist. The most recent removals from F8 still have rewards that are useful too, you just have to go to their locations in open world.

No dungeon has ever been removed from the game except Naryu Sanctum, and even that was just for a month while we waited for the revamp. Event dungeons do not count.

13 hours ago, DenialOfTruth said:

I do agree with the rest of your post, but this is inaccurate: old dungeons are removed from F8/Cross Server, but their open world entrances still exist. The most recent removals from F8 still have rewards that are useful too, you just have to go to their locations in open world.

No dungeon has ever been removed from the game except Naryu Sanctum, and even that was just for a month while we waited for the revamp. Event dungeons do not count.

I forgot about that one dungeon at Yehara's Mirage that got removed.

Coming in here to kinda address some of these that are continuously popping up in threads and suggestions because the developers did do a 10th anniversary Q&A recently. Of course, we never see it because they only broadcast it and make it available to the Korean playerbase. BnS in the West has very dedicated players that have stuck through with this game despite it's myriad of issues, so I find it just sad that some of this information regarding the future of the game has to be relied on by 3rd parties. Thankfully, some players have kindly translated it for us and is available on a Discord server.

The interview is available on Youtube. https://youtu.be/6ozfzlJM_JU

And there is another recent interview with one of the game designers. https://bns.plaync.com/board/update/view?articleId=62d51d452eaf0a71c30a8014&viewMode=compact&size=18

On 7/28/2022 at 2:58 PM, darthBaal said:

Why don't you finally even out the spec differences, like you allowed any badge to be used? Currently, there are three options for most specifications, but only one is actually usable. I will give a few examples that I know:

"Questions about needing to rebalancing the classes

- We can deal with it very fast if we nerf it, but we did many updates thru buffing and making new good classes/spec so it was hard to manage.
 We admit we were not good at it, we will try improve it."

My personal take on this is that they just suck at balancing. lol

To me personally, specs that are less challenging to play simply perform better. But this is also the case for a lot of different games, such as fighting games. Characters that have less complexity and in the hands of a skilled player can be easily abused and mastered. The player dedicates more time to other aspects of the game such as reading their opponent rather than pulling off complex moves on the character. There is less room for mistake. This often leads to "cheese" characters being top tier.

Unfortunately this is also the case for BnS. They should still try to improve other specs continuously instead but it also seems to me that they perhaps do not have the time to dedicate a lot to this... It took them so long to rework Warlock and Force Master. Literally years. I don't even see that many Force Master players anymore, which leads to the next point below...

On 7/30/2022 at 7:57 AM, Amane said:

There is meta specs and there is very bad specs. It is how it is. They won't fix this anytime soon, more like they will built up on it. New specs are always overbusted so people are pleased into swiping or rerolling which does involve real money cost as well. It's a business strategy. 

This is also a very probable reason. lol

Also, as a competitive fighting game player for some years, you can choose to use "non-meta" and if you are skilled enough, you can go places but inevitably, you will hit a wall against those using the current meta. That is just the reality of it. You just have to accept the limits or finally bend the knee to play the meta.

Why don't you do something with PvP so it's not dead, after all I'm waiting 15 minutes for an opponent in the arena! It would be enough to limit the acc rewards, which would prevent the 1st player from having 10 characters in the top places there.

On 8/1/2022 at 8:43 PM, xWHarleyQuinnWx said:

Secondly revive the pvp aspect...

"Request about activating Arena / 6s Content
 - We try to care, but it's too far gone we can't touch it right now.
We did had e-sports and we know it's a good content but let us make some more people to make bigger sample.

Clan / Community plan
 - Bns Playing experience / Dungeon play is a top priority right now. It did fall behind the priority.
We are planning to add clan 본산war, but we are a bit worried about the reaction from players cuz it's based on pvp, so we're planning to implement it after clan system rework and more clan cooperating content

PVP function Balancing

1. During July, 6s Frenzy / Floating Island Frenzy buff will be rebalanced for pvp combat condition upgrade, and will also make Frenzy buff 24/7.

2. We did acknowledged that some insignias are preventing from some classes' Key playing, so we're going to adjust such troubling insignas to improve unfair pvp content.

3. Furthermore, we'll balance arena mods / pvp mods also. Adjustment for overpowered, Supplements for insufficient.

We can't implement all of it in haste, but we'll work on it continuously."

Yeah... NC is well aware and while this looks dreadful, at least they are honest that they let it die and cannot actually work on it. It is why I brought up that they seem to be having manpower issues in regards to class balancing. BnS is the game pulling the least amount of money for them for their MMOs, so don't be shocked to learn that a game that is not pulling in as much money is also doing poorly in terms of management. It's a domino effect. Bad decisions will lead to poor income, UNSURPRISINGLY.

unknown.png

But also, the developers are hesitant to add PvP content, as indicated in the clan battle section.
I don't mind PvP, when it's balanced as that allows for both players to rely purely on skill. I had a lot of fun recently sparring one of my friends in Arena and I even streamed it. You can only spar since nobody will queue up for Arena anymore.

I think NC misunderstand why people dislike PvP in this game, perhaps? Why can't have the two PvP modes co-exist? Even bring back the gear balanced BG that was removed? It is a nasty habit of this game's management, imo, to bend over backwards to one side and completely ignore and take away things from the other.

Always chasing after the whale money without sustainability (see chart above) and not realizing that having a healthy population of happy players to pull in MORE potentially paying customers and having content creators is what will make the game successful. They have good examples to follow already of other MMOs and even other F2P games with happier players and better populations. There is no magic to it, really.

But I do think it takes magic to pile drive a great game this badly into the ground when a framework for a successful MMO has already been laid out years before. 🤣

Despite my cheeky comments, I do want the game to do better.

Why don't you increase the income of gold

Coming in to also say that the gold issue has INDEED NOT BEEN FIXED. Adding gold via paid measures is not fixing it. Battle Pass cannot even be bought with HMCoins. If you are F2P, it does require you to manage your free currency better but there is nothing you can do if the game flat out just denies you from using it.

Edited by Gengar