What happened to the Ctrl + I

chilegamerz

Please, to date, they have not yet given any response on what is going to happen with Ctrl+i. This was asked in 2021, it will be a year without this system and they have not yet given any response on the subject.

psd: if someone can leave the link on a Ctrl+i excel version that is being circulated by the community, please, since I can't find it now XD.

31 minutes ago, DenialOfTruth said:

I vaguely recall Green Storm indicating it might be coming back but I can't find the post in question. Most players use this spreadsheet for older stuff.

Thanks friend, it was just what I was looking for, may the gaming gods be with you.

Edited by chilegamerz

• NCSOFT
3 hours ago, DenialOfTruth said:

I vaguely recall Green Storm indicating it might be coming back but I can't find the post in question. Most players use this spreadsheet for older stuff.

You're right (again 😉 )! I don't have a date for it but the development team wants to bring it back as soon as they can.

I'm pretty sure I saw it somewhere that it's aimed to be back on December.

3 hours ago, Metatime said:

I believe in one of the latest patches KR got they got an updated version of ctrl +i but I could be wrong

They could update F2, F4 and combat systems now...

Edited by Walex

23 hours ago, chilegamerz said:

Please, to date, they have not yet given any response on what is going to happen with Ctrl+i. This was asked in 2021, it will be a year without this system and they have not yet given any response on the subject.

psd: if someone can leave the link on a Ctrl+i excel version that is being circulated by the community, please, since I can't find it now XD.

Why do you need it tho?

All stuff has the same upgrade materials for all stages nowdays

There is no different in mats from starcross +1 to +20

2 minutes ago, Uldrum said:

Why do you need it tho?

All stuff has the same upgrade materials for all stages nowdays

There is no different in mats from starcross +1 to +20

Do you really think it has no use? what kind of player are you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chilegamerz said:

Do you really think it has no use? what kind of player are you?

What kind of upgrade path would it show tho?

It was used to see the material for each stage in the past.

But now that every stage has random chance and same mats every attempt.

Then what is the point?

1 minute ago, Uldrum said:

What kind of upgrade path would it show tho?

It was used to see the material for each stage in the past.

But now that every stage has random chance and same mats every attempt.

Then what is the point?

Good for not lengthening the subject, I can tell you that for me it is something crucial but if it does not affect you, it is good for you.

Good for not lengthening the subject, I can tell you that for me it is something crucial but if it does not affect you, it is good for you.

Just tell me, why you want it.

What use does it have for you.

Every stage has the same mats.

The upgrade path does not have any use any more.

10 minutes ago, Uldrum said:

Just tell me, why you want it.

What use does it have for you.

Every stage has the same mats.

The upgrade path does not have any use any more.

That is your opinion if for you it has no use you are free to comment but for me it is different for me it has several uses and it is somewhat necessary and if you are one of the old players who use this system you will know what I am talking about.

but I repeat for myself and several others that I know this is useful and it is very necessary.

That is your opinion if for you it has no use you are free to comment but for me it is different for me it has several uses and it is somewhat necessary and if you are one of the old players who use this system you will know what I am talking about.

but I repeat for myself and several others that I know this is useful and it is very necessary.

But just explain.

What kind of upgrade path would the starcross Acessory show?

It just have the same mats for every stage, does not matter if it's +1 or +20.

Why do you need an upgrade path for that?

4 minutes ago, Uldrum said:

But just explain.

What kind of upgrade path would the starcross Acessory show?

It just have the same mats for every stage, does not matter if it's +1 or +20.

Why do you need an upgrade path for that?

But I guess you know this isn't just for Starcross jewelry, it's for the weapon, Soul. heart, pet, talisman, mystic badge, soul badge and for all pvp accessories.

23 minutes ago, chilegamerz said:

But I guess you know this isn't just for Starcross jewelry, it's for the weapon, Soul. heart, pet, talisman, mystic badge, soul badge and for all pvp accessories.

It's the same for all those tho, For weapons and accesories only the gold cost chances per stage.

and stage upgrades are random nowdays.

So having an upgrade path would just show you false amounts of gold and mats, Because the upgrade path does not know exactly how many attempts it will take for you to upgrade it.

Unless we are talking about low stages ofc, But most people should've gotten uprusge weapon by now.

"For PvP accessories"

Starcross and skystealer has PvP stats built into them now, you don't need sepperate PvP stuff

Edited by Uldrum

1 hour ago, Uldrum said:

It's the same for all those tho, For weapons and accesories only the gold cost chances per stage.

and stage upgrades are random nowdays.

So having an upgrade path would just show you false amounts of gold and mats, Because the upgrade path does not know exactly how many attempts it will take for you to upgrade it.

Unless we are talking about low stages ofc, But most people should've gotten uprusge weapon by now.

"For PvP accessories"

Starcross and skystealer has PvP stats built into them now, you don't need sepperate PvP stuff

Uldrum, your comments assume all players are at end game progression which is not the case and unlikely to be the case for some time.

As of this post, completing the story and Soul Boost will give players True Thunderflux Soul, True Champion Heart, Unleashed Alpha Pet Aura and True...alright I can't remember the Talisman name and Silversteel Stage 9 weapon. The rest of the items do not matter for the point I am about to make.

None of those are end game items. They are a couple tiers from maximum at that, and are not RNG and have varying material requirements.  Requirements that are best in game like CTRL I like more info needs to be.

Why are you opposed to the restoration of a feature that has use? You can skip to Upsurge Weapon, yes, but not the Soul, Heart, Pet Aura or Talisman. For the time being having the material needs of those on hand is important. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DenialOfTruth said:

Uldrum, your comments assume all players are at end game progression which is not the case and unlikely to be the case for some time.

As of this post, completing the story and Soul Boost will give players True Thunderflux Soul, True Champion Heart, Unleashed Alpha Pet Aura and True...alright I can't remember the Talisman name and Silversteel Stage 9 weapon. The rest of the items do not matter for the point I am about to make.

None of those are end game items. They are a couple tiers from maximum at that, and are not RNG and have varying material requirements.  Requirements that are best in game like CTRL I like more info needs to be.

Why are you opposed to the restoration of a feature that has use? You can skip to Upsurge Weapon, yes, but not the Soul, Heart, Pet Aura or Talisman. For the time being having the material needs of those on hand is important. 

Imo, every one should be.

NCsoft is way to stingy when it comes to Soul boost rewards.

Giving people rewards from 2-3 years ago is bad.

They should've given people Upsurge & Skystealer in this Soul boost, and materials to upgrade those and BM Badges and SS.

Don't know the names of the Shimmering scale version of Talisman, heart, Soul, pet, But stage 1 or Awakened of those.

Edited by Uldrum

14 hours ago, Uldrum said:

Imo, every one should be.

NCsoft is way to stingy when it comes to Soul boost rewards.

Giving people rewards from 2-3 years ago is bad.

They should've given people Upsurge & Skystealer in this Soul boost, and materials to upgrade those and BM Badges and SS.

Don't know the names of the Shimmering scale version of Talisman, heart, Soul, pet, But stage 1 or Awakened of those.

It's a catch up system designed to set everyone to a given baseline level of gear, not a 'lol you're endgame instantly' system. It would be pretty damaging to the game if they just handed out the most powerful items with no real effort because then there is almost nothing to really strive for. Even with the 'outdated' rewards, one still is more or less ready for Stage 6 Demonsbane content once mechanics are learned and they understand the capabilities of their classes. Soul Boost is fine as is.

They've been pretty consistent about giving rewards that are two tiers behind the 'best', excluding gems and badges (badges are one tier behind, likely due to a lack of badges in the game). There is not a single reward from Soul Boost that is 3 years old to my knowledge (except Thornbreaker weapon and gems, but you quickly get the materials for Silversteel Stage 3 to take care of the latter). In addition to the badges, Soul Boost actually gives enough Legendary Dungeon Coins to buy one of the Serpent's Den badges of your choice, partially resolving that issue. Both would have been better I do agree, but there has to be things for the player to strive for and do or they'll just quit upon attaining their goal which...isn't great for the game.

Season 3 in KR has most of what you're asking for and by the time we get that, Skystealer will be two tiers behind the best. Some rewards will likely remain unchanged as the only longer term upgrades we're missing from KR at this point is the Mythical Heart and Talisman they have.

You also didn't address why you are opposed to the restoration of an important system. Until Soul Boost does actually set people to the points you want it to (which is unlikely within the next few years given the slower pace of Soul, Heart, ect upgrades being released and what seems to be intentionally keeping a few tiers from max), it is still very useful to have.