Lets make RNG even more ridiclous

Mandii

This is a joke right?? In a RNG heavy based game not only is it crazy hard to get a gear drop for your class now you have to add on the RNG chance of getting other classes gear, making it even harder to get gear for your own class?????? 

Why the hell would this be a feature. You need to get to stage 6 to have a chance of getting the gear drop where the boss has 81 billion HP, resulting in needing a high AP party, on top of that the RNG is garbage just for any type of gear drop, but now your going to add an additional RNG chance of hoping you get gear for your own class??? This is a bloody joke. 

I don't farm a dungeon in hopes of getting other classes gear even for salvage purposes. If I wanted to salvage a gear peace i would continue to farm and just salvage the additional pieces I get. 

On top of this NO WHERE in the Namdo Shrine Dungeon Preview page does it mention there is a CHANCE of getting other classes gear instead of your own. 

Please fix this.

On behalf of the last committed community who continue to support this game. 

unknown.png

• Like 2

All as intended. The RNG is insane and it's frustrating to see someone get a drop that YOU can use! And just to put some numbers to the RNG at hand...though keep in mind exact drop chances are unknown currently, but for the sake of math, lets say it's 5%.

5% is 1 in 20 effectively. So not only do you need to get a 1 in 20 chance to roll in your favor, you additionally need to roll a 1 in 14 chance to get the correct thing in the first place! And this will get worse when the 15th class comes out, whenever that will be.

This requires change without delay. It is clear that someone at NCSoft is willing and able to make our version worse: It is well known and documented that in KR, both Hall of Trials and Namdo Shrine you could get weapons and accessories at Stage 1. Why was it deemed acceptable to make it literally 60 to 80 times harder for us to get accessories (based off of HP values between Stage 1 and Stage 6)?

I don't expect this to be addressed in any meaningful capacity.

1 hour ago, Mandii said:

This is a joke right?? In a RNG heavy based game not only is it crazy hard to get a gear drop for your class now you have to add on the RNG chance of getting other classes gear, making it even harder to get gear for your own class?????? 

Did you miss the entire previous tier?

We already went through this with the earring and ring from hall of trial

1 hour ago, DenialOfTruth said:

And this invalidates their feedback...how, exactly?

that they should not be shocked that it's a thing for the neck as well, when it was like that for the ring and earring

Was nobody around when they made you buy your accessory with cores, complete 300 runs before being able to buy it and bid against 5 other players on a ridiculously low drop rate?  I'm not a fan of the current system either but it's definitely way better than it was prior to Demonsbane dungeons. The most annoying issues were the weapon rng drop but that's supposedly fixed with a selection box if one drops now & the vendor being broken and people with extremely poor luck not getting their accessories after 200+ runs. 

Haven't messed around in the new dungeon too much but NHT the accessories dropped pretty regularly and yes; it is extremely annoying seeing it not be for your class. But you use the salvaged item to buy your accy (if it's ever fixed.....), change your enchantment effect and use them in your compound.  So call me crazy but this system is way better than it was before.

What everyone needs to be upset about is a vendor that is the only way for to purchase new updated gear in the game still being broken. I understand things happen and are beyond anyone's control at times. But since the release of UE4 literally every patch has had major issues and with the exception of the vendor, the new loot system being on the very low end of problems.

1 hour ago, Uldrum said:

that they should not be shocked that it's a thing for the neck as well, when it was like that for the ring and earring

I'm not looking to start an argument, just pointing out how ridiculous it and difficult it is. TBH i'd be happier if they just nerfed the drop rate by 75% but guarantee the drop being for your own class then this bs. 

31 minutes ago, Azareel6 said:

Was nobody around when they made you buy your accessory with cores, complete 300 runs before being able to buy it and bid against 5 other players on a ridiculously low drop rate?  I'm not a fan of the current system either but it's definitely way better than it was prior to Demonsbane dungeons. The most annoying issues were the weapon rng drop but that's supposedly fixed with a selection box if one drops now & the vendor being broken and people with extremely poor luck not getting their accessories after 200+ runs. 

Haven't messed around in the new dungeon too much but NHT the accessories dropped pretty regularly and yes; it is extremely annoying seeing it not be for your class. But you use the salvaged item to buy your accy (if it's ever fixed.....), change your enchantment effect and use them in your compound.  So call me crazy but this system is way better than it was before.

What everyone needs to be upset about is a vendor that is the only way for to purchase new updated gear in the game still being broken. I understand things happen and are beyond anyone's control at times. But since the release of UE4 literally every patch has had major issues and with the exception of the vendor, the new loot system being on the very low end of problems.

Yea won't lie that also sucked but at least you knew that after getting your gear piece it'd be for your class.  

I'd be fine if they either:
A: Add a NPC to exchange gear for your class 
B: Add tokens like they did for the previous accessories
C; Keep as is, but allow the accessories to start dropping as of stage 3 or 4 to give more people a chance to farm them. 

Edited by Mandii
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mandii said:

We have that, it's the guy in the "known issues" the "Does not currently sell any items" guy

Edited by Draknalor

45 minutes ago, Mandii said:

I'd be fine if they either:
B: Add tokens like they did for the previous accessories
C; Keep as is, but allow the accessories to start dropping as of stage 3 or 4 to give more people a chance to farm them. 

Yea I feel you definitely does feel like something needs to be done. Not sure if they fixed it or not but I hate that the patch notes don't line up with Ctrl+J. Notes state floor 6 for accy and Ctrl+J shows or at least did show stage 5. Haven't been in much the passed couple of days to see what the changes are.

I like your idea of exchanging ones you have for ur class, but a 1 for 1 might be a little too easy with the drop rate of them on stage 6. Maybe make it where you could swap 3-5 accy for your class specific one. But for that to work they'd have to make a vendor that works 😛 lol.

Totally agree, they need to add items to the NPC  as soon as possible.

So my WL has +300 runs of F6 in Hall of Trials and no earring

But it drops necklace on its first run in Namdo Shrine and 2 weapons in 150 runs.

My sin is 150 runs in and hasn't dropped her classes necklaces or weapon box yet..

Its getting mind numbing boring at this point and I honestly feel like taking a break till they fix the NPC.

Tired of seeing basic loot, maybe if you increased the Sacred Vials and Pet packs to be bundles of 5-10 it would be ..fun..

@Green Storm can you comment on the NPC, please ?

Edited by luzt

Tbh... that's not even that much RNG. Atleast you got some time to farm and won't get bored with completing it in 2 days. 

They should do something on the upgrade RNG though or maybe more gold income?

Edited by Amane

Both are annoying, but this topic isnt about upgrade RNG or gold income.

300 runs without getting your loot seems fine to you ? Weird opinion

And regardless if i get my loot in 2 days or not it already got boring, boring because theres no progression, cant do higher floors because missing Necklace

which boost your dps by like +30% if you get decent rolls on your gildstone, but need a necklace first to put it in..

Even in old desolate tomb it took less runs than that, so I think you're alone on that one, an anomoly

5 hours ago, luzt said:

Both are annoying, but this topic isnt about upgrade RNG or gold income.

300 runs without getting your loot seems fine to you ? Weird opinion

And regardless if i get my loot in 2 days or not it already got boring, boring because theres no progression, cant do higher floors because missing Necklace

which boost your dps by like +30% if you get decent rolls on your gildstone, but need a necklace first to put it in..

Even in old desolate tomb it took less runs than that, so I think you're alone on that one, an anomoly

I played a MMO where you hunt one specific unique item for over 10k kills. Trust me, 300 kills is nothing. 

Maybe it's like that because we have quite the different experience when it comes to rare drops. While you think that 300 kills is way too much, for me, 300 kills is absolutely no grind at all. 

Obviously, it is very hard to please everyone when it comes to droprates. 

A good example would be Sterling Scales though, I think for a material item it was actually worse than accs... they should really look into that first. 

And second, sometimes it really depends on your personal luck as well. I know people that already completed all current Starcross accs and did so in under 100 kills. 

Edited by Amane

8 hours ago, xxDiana said:

If you got your gear immediately they would be no replay value 

theres no fun in getting stuff without putting in work

While RNG is never really a good thing players are happy about, I think they can handle this actually well. 

The only problem I see right now is the new change in acquiring this new tier of gear with the current speed of content. 

The Upsurge tier might be complete next month, and at that point they need to figure out how to pass some time before the next tier will be released since people need more time to grind for the new tier. 

Obviously, people can be lucky... that's also RNG... but there's alts too. 

On 6/9/2022 at 5:08 PM, Mandii said:

Why the hell would this be a feature. You need to get to stage 6 to have a chance of getting the gear drop where the boss has 81 billion HP, resulting in needing a high AP party, on top of that the RNG is garbage just for any type of gear drop, but now your going to add an additional RNG chance of hoping you get gear for your own class??? This is a bloody joke. 

And then you have to RNG upgrade it, and RNG reroll the bonus stat. Oh, I would forget about RNG psyches. Enjoy!

BTW did you finish your THOUSANDS of CSC runs for shield set?

Edited by Walex

29 minutes ago, Walex said:

I lost the count on my thousands of CSC runs for the shield set (simply because no achievement measures it that far), and I am happy to report that 2/8 pieces are still garbage.

I have a suggestion, though, to make it more exciting! What if we made soulshields randomly break when you try to fuse them? Add a little bit more RNG, since getting the right box from a right box and then rolling the right stat (which has random quantity of each stat in it) and then fusing it with a random range of extra stats and primers is not enough RNG for this one place. It should also make it RNG reduce the stats when you try to fuse other pieces. And the psyches being fused having RNG value needing anywhere between 2 and 5 per piece is kinda meh. You should make psyches also RNG fail and RNG decrease, because we aren't suffering enough as is.

Did I mention I did thousands (plural) of that place and a quarter of my soulshields are still garbage?

• Like 1

Hey, at least you've got more than me!

I did less runs of course, and only 50% (4/8) of my shields are good, but at least you've got people to run with, no?

The game is so alive, and the community is so lovely that I'm lucky enough to multi run like once per week or two!

20 minutes ago, Walex said:

Hey, at least you've got more than me!

I did less runs of course, and only 50% (4/8) of my shields are good, but at least you've got people to run with, no?

The game is so alive, and the community is so lovely that I'm lucky enough to multi run like once per week or two!

People move on pretty much instantly when something new comes out or when they are just done with the content.

I think i did somewhere around 1800 PoH runs during the first 2 weeks of that content being out, But my 5 is still not BiS stats.

The best thing you can do is just make friend and run static multi's with them.

Just try to do as much runs as you can for new content the first 1-2 weeks of it being out, After that Multi's tend to drop off quite fast.

Wanted to add that RNG farm isn't fun at all + static multi groups can leave many behind & I bet the players don't find groups for demonsbane easy (heck I don't always find them from what I saw) so better to join any groups also.  1175 coins for myth soul shields if you solo farm it and you lucky is very awful

• Like 2

On 6/15/2022 at 12:43 PM, Walex said:

And then you have to RNG upgrade it, and RNG reroll the bonus stat. Oh, I would forget about RNG psyches. Enjoy!

On 6/15/2022 at 1:16 PM, Rhiakath said:

I lost the count on my thousands of CSC runs for the shield set (simply because no achievement measures it that far), and I am happy to report that 2/8 pieces are still garbage.

I have a suggestion, though, to make it more exciting! What if we made soulshields randomly break when you try to fuse them? Add a little bit more RNG, since getting the right box from a right box and then rolling the right stat (which has random quantity of each stat in it) and then fusing it with a random range of extra stats and primers is not enough RNG for this one place. It should also make it RNG reduce the stats when you try to fuse other pieces. And the psyches being fused having RNG value needing anywhere between 2 and 5 per piece is kinda meh. You should make psyches also RNG fail and RNG decrease, because we aren't suffering enough as is.

Did I mention I did thousands (plural) of that place and a quarter of my soulshields are still garbage?

here not counting as well but easily 5000 to 10.000 runs done since dungeon came out. Piece #7 is still not good, and almost never drops (maybe once every 15 days?) on stage5 which is what people play, sadly. On the other hand was extremely lucky with my #8 and after it dropped couple of times I got it perfect, but could be now saying im still missing #8 too due to this really bad rng system. Stats couldn't be rolled on shields? We asked for this decades now