Jump to content
Forums

Please revive PvP


Aonie

Recommended Posts

Blade and Soul has one of the greatest PvP gameplay in all MMOs, but since all rewards are cancelled, noone plays it.

I really miss it to play some battlegrounds or arena, and there are many people who miss it too.

It would be pretty easy to make this game mode alive. Last week, where arena was needed for Sould Boost 7 daily challenge,

it was pretty alive for a short time, even tag team via random queue was avaiable.

Obviously we need some good rewards for weekly and seoson rewards. It should be something account bound, which is not tradable for gold,

so gold sellers dont have a reason to abuse it.
For example: just add some Sterling Scales or Vials as rewards, and this game mode would be alive again.

And arena need ranking requirements like BG, so you got ranked at 1400, because 1600 is too high for most of the players.

BG and Arena boxes should need some rework too for better rewards.

 

@Greenstorm please tell the developers they have to do something.

 

and everyone who think the same can push this post too pls. 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2022 at 2:24 PM, Aonie said:

Blade and Soul has one of the greatest PvP gameplay in all MMOs, but since all rewards are cancelled, noone plays it.

I really miss it to play some battlegrounds or arena, and there are many people who miss it too.

It would be pretty easy to make this game mode alive. Last week, where arena was needed for Sould Boost 7 daily challenge,

it was pretty alive for a short time, even tag team via random queue was avaiable.

Obviously we need some good rewards for weekly and seoson rewards. It should be something account bound, which is not tradable for gold,

so gold sellers dont have a reason to abuse it.
For example: just add some Sterling Scales or Vials as rewards, and this game mode would be alive again.

And arena need ranking requirements like BG, so you got ranked at 1400, because 1600 is too high for most of the players.

BG and Arena boxes should need some rework too for better rewards.

 

@Greenstorm please tell the developers they have to do something.

 

and everyone who think the same can push this post too pls. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2022 at 7:24 AM, Aonie said:

Blade and Soul has one of the greatest PvP gameplay in all MMOs, but since all rewards are cancelled, noone plays it.

I really miss it to play some battlegrounds or arena, and there are many people who miss it too.

It would be pretty easy to make this game mode alive. Last week, where arena was needed for Sould Boost 7 daily challenge,

it was pretty alive for a short time, even tag team via random queue was avaiable.

Obviously we need some good rewards for weekly and seoson rewards. It should be something account bound, which is not tradable for gold,

so gold sellers dont have a reason to abuse it.
For example: just add some Sterling Scales or Vials as rewards, and this game mode would be alive again.

And arena need ranking requirements like BG, so you got ranked at 1400, because 1600 is too high for most of the players.

BG and Arena boxes should need some rework too for better rewards.

 

@Greenstorm please tell the developers they have to do something.

 

and everyone who think the same can push this post too pls. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/21/2022 at 1:24 PM, Aonie said:

Blade and Soul has one of the greatest PvP gameplay in all MMOs, but since all rewards are cancelled, noone plays it.

I really miss it to play some battlegrounds or arena, and there are many people who miss it too.

It would be pretty easy to make this game mode alive. Last week, where arena was needed for Sould Boost 7 daily challenge,

it was pretty alive for a short time, even tag team via random queue was avaiable.

Obviously we need some good rewards for weekly and seoson rewards. It should be something account bound, which is not tradable for gold,

so gold sellers dont have a reason to abuse it.
For example: just add some Sterling Scales or Vials as rewards, and this game mode would be alive again.

And arena need ranking requirements like BG, so you got ranked at 1400, because 1600 is too high for most of the players.

BG and Arena boxes should need some rework too for better rewards.

 

@Greenstorm please tell the developers they have to do something.

 

and everyone who think the same can push this post too pls. 

 

No one needs this, no thank you, instead fix blade dancer 😘

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

hi can we revive this topic please?
A lot of community feedback were addressed in the last patch, so my optimism is very high that we might can revive pvp again.

Again, the main problem of pvp is, that it's not rewarding enough.

Adding bound mats would make the pvp modes more active, like mentioned from aonie.

I don't think we need hm coins back in pvp since that will start the abuse again.

Unless there is a minimum gear requirement for doing bgs it will be hard abused (cheating, wintrading etc.) if there are tradeables/gold to obtain or remove placement games so people can't get a high ranking through rng games and keep minimum req for rewards 1400 rating.

It would be amazing if we can revive pvp somehow since it's one of the best pvp in gaming.

Edited by H1ghL1ght
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Green Storm first off you might remember me as the angry guy ranting about this company and its employees. I wont do that here or atleast i try not to. 
Ive quit the game in August of 2021 and the reason i stayed away from the game was the missing pvp. Ive uploaded a vid here in forums of me searching for 2 hours and getting like 1 player to play with. That wasnt acceptable back then and it is not today either. So right now i am testing it again. Ive gotten 1 player so far for 2 matches and i am queing for 1hour and 30 minutes right now not looking like i get much more players. 

So what was the reason the gamemode died ? well its the company itselfe. Its not hard to fix this issue but NCsoft is simply not interested in doing so. 1 year and no changes to the rewards. We dont need HM coins just for example oils or whatever item is with big demand in a non tradable version. 

 

The reason i was so angry back then was cause i love the game even now but even tho this is such a big issue in the game it never got fixed even tho fixing it is such an easy task. 

There are Servers which i am not going into more detail but they are created for pvp and active. So there is a demand for pvp but sadly people cannot get it the official way since ncsoft proves for atleast 4 years that they do not support that part of their game. 

So @Green Storm i expect you to be quiet again cause well and please dont take it the wrong way you guys simply ignore everything pvp related. Ive never seen anything about pvp written by a mod in years so i dont expect you to answer aswell. I expect you to remove that text thou cause i critizize nc here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • NCSOFT
3 hours ago, PervertedLyn said:

@Green Storm first off you might remember me as the angry guy ranting about this company and its employees. I wont do that here or atleast i try not to. 
Ive quit the game in August of 2021 and the reason i stayed away from the game was the missing pvp. Ive uploaded a vid here in forums of me searching for 2 hours and getting like 1 player to play with. That wasnt acceptable back then and it is not today either. So right now i am testing it again. Ive gotten 1 player so far for 2 matches and i am queing for 1hour and 30 minutes right now not looking like i get much more players. 

So what was the reason the gamemode died ? well its the company itselfe. Its not hard to fix this issue but NCsoft is simply not interested in doing so. 1 year and no changes to the rewards. We dont need HM coins just for example oils or whatever item is with big demand in a non tradable version. 

 

The reason i was so angry back then was cause i love the game even now but even tho this is such a big issue in the game it never got fixed even tho fixing it is such an easy task. 

There are Servers which i am not going into more detail but they are created for pvp and active. So there is a demand for pvp but sadly people cannot get it the official way since ncsoft proves for atleast 4 years that they do not support that part of their game. 

So @Green Storm i expect you to be quiet again cause well and please dont take it the wrong way you guys simply ignore everything pvp related. Ive never seen anything about pvp written by a mod in years so i dont expect you to answer aswell. I expect you to remove that text thou cause i critizize nc here. 

 

I remember you! 😉 First things first: your message was respectful, critical feedback. There is no reason to remove it! We never moderate based on the fact that a message is a criticism. You are allowed to express your opinion of the game as long as you do it respectfully. If your criticism was done at the expense of staff (e.g., "you're lazy") or with offensive words, we would give you a warning or possibly a ban depending on how severe the infraction is.

 

We've discussed this topic since I've joined the Blade & Soul team 8+ months ago and we haven't found a way to address this issue yet. I understand that you and this part of the community loved the game because of this, so I'll keep asking!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Green Stormwanna address this issue? bring back season rewards for PVP.

why only PVE? that doesn't seems right for everyone that enjoy pvp.

just reverting that change will fix this. it's literally a 1 string code, can't be hard or difficult to do since we had those rewards for 4 years..

19/01/2022 hongmoon coins/venture tokens removed from pvp = pvp became 100% dead.

image0.jpg

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/19/2022 at 1:03 AM, Green Storm said:

 

I remember you! 😉 First things first: your message was respectful, critical feedback. There is no reason to remove it! We never moderate based on the fact that a message is a criticism. You are allowed to express your opinion of the game as long as you do it respectfully. If your criticism was done at the expense of staff (e.g., "you're lazy") or with offensive words, we would give you a warning or possibly a ban depending on how severe the infraction is.

 

We've discussed this topic since I've joined the Blade & Soul team 8+ months ago and we haven't found a way to address this issue yet. I understand that you and this part of the community loved the game because of this, so I'll keep asking!

First off i am very suprised to even hear something. I thought you do the same as the others before and well in the beginning you also ingored everything pvp related. 

I am sure you expect me not to be satisfied with that answer thou. I mean i am happy to hear you even mentioned it to the higher ups. But 8 months and no changes is simply unaccaptable. Its a really really easy thing to fix and i know for sure we have people who do that kinda stuff as hobby in the bns community who could fix such a problem in a day. 

 

On 10/19/2022 at 7:57 AM, HappyStardust said:

@Green Stormwanna address this issue? bring back season rewards for PVP.

why only PVE? that doesn't seems right for everyone that enjoy pvp.

just reverting that change will fix this. it's literally a 1 string code, can't be hard or difficult to do since we had those rewards for 4 years..

You are right thats what ultimatavly killed off pvp but it wasnt in a good state before either. I was one of the people who wanted the removal of HM coins cause we have seen several people win trading themselfe to the top spots with their 20 accounts and i am not exaggerating there was a russian dude that actully had that much accounts cause he used Blade and soul as his mainjob as his monthly income. 

thx to that we had people that played in the worlds and or are constaly in top 5 in bronze farming Ranking points. It was not worth playing PVP back then too. It was better to just log in last day and win trade to get the hm coins. 

So in short while we had more matches we didnt really have better pvp or more players since we had at max like 3 different people if its a good day thx to the hm coins. We could have kept the hm coins in pvp if the company would have banned wintraders but we have tryed to report them. Over several seasons. Several players have reported with evidance but ive never seen a single wintrader getting banned. 

On 10/19/2022 at 7:57 AM, HappyStardust said:

19/01/2022 hongmoon coins/venture tokens removed from pvp = pvp became 100% dead.

 

PVP was dead before that too cause of the problem i described above. What i personally asked in forums and everywhere else was the removal of them but not without adding something else like Mats to be farmed there. Mats that are hard to get in PVE like the stones you need to create oils etc. But they removed them without giving anything in return.

So in the end the reason they removed it was not to help pvp but to remove the HM coins in the game and increase the need for NC coins. 

Edited by PervertedLyn
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean, everyone loves the PVP if it has an overarching goal to do it.
Bns has so much content and a day just so many hours. So if u decide to spend 2-3 h in BGS instead doing dailies/pve attempts or just farm to progress, clearly we need rewards to compensate this shift of our time towards PVP instead pve.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/22/2022 at 9:34 PM, PervertedLyn said:

 

You are right thats what ultimately killed off pvp but it wasnt in a good state before either. I was one of the people who wanted the removal of HM coins cause we have seen several people win trading themselfe to the top spots with their 20 accounts and i am not exaggerating there was a russian dude that actully had that much accounts cause he used Blade and soul as his mainjob as his monthly income.

i mean, i kinda agree with you but the problem is, PVE has both mats/gold AND hmcoins, why PVP should be different? they MUST add both as well, mats/gold AND hmcoins as season rewards exactly just like PVE imho.

that would be really easy to fix by just adding some more pvp quests as daily, so people can choose either pve or pvp to spend their time and farming mats/gold/exp/hmcoins.

On 10/22/2022 at 9:34 PM, PervertedLyn said:

We could have kept the hm coins in pvp if the company would have banned wintraders but we have tryed to report them. Over several seasons. Several players have reported with evidence but i've never seen a single wintrader getting banned.  

i agree also here but, wintraders on 6v6 were really rare, at least on gold games, and they would appear on bronze/silver only on the last days of end season, where most of the players used to be placed already high on rankings, and it was just a way to play with your alts and farming some more hmcoins as well;

anyway, back then you couldn't get 4k gold by doing 3 dailies on alts every 2 days, and those wintraders were there on 6v6 just for farming hmcoins, now NOONE will bother spending time and accounts by trying to wintrade for hours just to farm 2 venture tokens anymore, trust me, when you can spend 5 minutes doing 3 dailies on each of your alt and get 4k gold.

also, they could simply fix that by removing hmcoins from just being top 300, exactly like PVE ladder right now (actually you won't get any hmcoins if you are below top 100) and trust me wintraders won't bother anymore because that will become too much time-consuming.

The only pvp mode that will remain kinda easy to wintrade would be 1v1, but i rather prefer those changes instead of not being able to even do 1 game for the entire season!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, HappyStardust said:

i mean, i kinda agree with you but the problem is, PVE has both mats/gold AND hmcoins, why PVP should be different?

Cause it is different since there is no support from NCsoft. They proved they are not interested in banning people abusing anything pvp related so it would just revive the wintraders. 

 

I totally agree that we need more mats in there. Like Skystealer, oculus or whatever crystals. But please no HM coins. Its so frustrating knowing you are way better than most of the people above your rank but they have multiple accounts to wintrade but you dont. Also ive mentioned the russian doing BNS PVP wintrade as his job to earn his living. He was extremly good but that dosent mean he should be allowed to wintrade either. 

7 hours ago, HappyStardust said:

that would be really easy to fix by just adding some more pvp quests as daily, so people can choose either pve or pvp to spend their time and farming mats/gold/exp/hmcoins.

That would do nothing. Adding PVP quests dosent help in getting more players as the pve people still wont care about it. Only solution as i wrote is to put mats in there that are hard to get in pve. Remember the time Moonstones where not avaible in pve mostly but easily accesable in 6v6 ? Back then we also didnt have that big gear difference between new and old players. 

7 hours ago, HappyStardust said:

i agree also here but, wintraders on 6v6 were really rare

I am not talking about 6v6 at all this is just part of pve since its so hard pay to win. If i do like 200k with a full combo but my enemy does 1million with one right click thats not pvp in my oppinion. Well technically it is but its no fun. 

7 hours ago, HappyStardust said:

now NOONE will bother spending time and accounts by trying to wintrade for hours just to farm 2 venture tokens anymore,

The problem was never in 6v6 but well even i as someone who never wintraded and never bothered to rank my alt above 1600 i easily got 30 - 40k hm coins. Now imagine you have 20 accounts and wintrade with lets just say 100 chars which the russian i talked about most likely did. Thats easily several hundred thousand of HM coins. He had millions of gold thx to them in a time even 10k gold was conisdered alot. Thats still possible nowdays just look into f10. Rank 1 gave 10k hm coins alone btw. 

7 hours ago, HappyStardust said:

also, they could simply fix that by removing hmcoins from just being top 300, exactly like PVE ladder right now (actually you won't get any hmcoins if you are below top 100)

I wont comment on that since you are talking about 6v6. If you manged to get high there you either had big luck with groups or you are an assasin. 

7 hours ago, HappyStardust said:

The only pvp mode that will remain kinda easy to wintrade would be 1v1,

Atleast you noticed yourselfe. So please excuse the confusion but i wont talk about 6v6 since i dont consider it as real pvp cause of the problem above. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Green Stormi just wanted to update this topic since something actully happened. Soul stone prices rose up and i got told its cause they are litterly unobtainable via PVE now. I actully got matches pretty quick and could manage to get my alts to gold rank in like half an hour or something.

 

Please keep it that way. People are already complaining cause they dont want to PVP they rather want to slack. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...