[Official thread] New Empires bug tracking

Green Storm

• NCSOFT

Hi everyone,

We're going to try to track bugs that are related to the New Empires release in this thread. Please feel free to share what you discovered in this thread (provide the details of where you saw the bug and the precise actions you did to see it). If you already created a forum thread for your report, you can imply link to it here.

Currently known issue:

- Your character can't seem to be able to enter the Circle of Sundering solo dungeon. A workaround seems to be to try to enter from the right side of the door (near the wall).

- Soul Boost cannot be completed due to the removal of the Aerodrome dungeon from the Demonsbane System.

- The Wyvern Wings are incorrectly named Mysterious Dragon Wings.

• Green Storm changed the title to [Official thread] New Empires bug tracking

I would like to add to that list that the new weapons do not give  warden any resilience like the regular weapons did before, which would be a major downgrade.
Edit: well that might be wrong because the dunngeon preview shows BM weapon and i diddnt realize, my bad  :x

Edited by JustAltF4
Human error

• Idk if this is a bug but there is no shop to buy the accessories after 100/300 dungeon runs. The Npc is in Mushin Tower but his shop is empty. Other regions have this shop, so some clarification would be nice.
  • Gunner 3rd spec has no walking animation in Arsenal Mode. It is just A-Posing.
  • New accessories are not in Equipment resonance. The new lists are empty and true earring was also not added to Saga of Eternal SacrificeH4GBHrD.png

Ctrl+J reports that both Sterling Scales and Sterling Scale Fragments are no longer available from any content in the game despite still being required by heart upgrades.  This is surely just a bug in what Ctrl+J is reporting, right?

When attempting to add Awakened Stages to the Meridian Mystic Badge, it says "There is a chance of failure.  For more information on these chances press the Probability Detail button." but no such button is present.

The patch notes say "The Evolution Progress icon can be seen under "Current Equipment" icon in the "Manage Equipment" UI." but this did not show up within five attempts to evolve a +10 Skystealer Earring into a +11 Skystealer Earring.

• Like 1

Update: "Evolution Progress icon" also doesn't show up when failing to evolve a 3+ Skystealer Bracelet into a 4+ Skystealer Bracelet.  My earlier report was using Synthesis Stones and this time I used Fusion Stones, so it seems likely that it's broken regardless of evolution material, equipment type, and stage.

Trader Gang Sanghae in Mushins tower doesn't have anything.

You talk to him and nothing appears.

This is the merchant were suppose to buy the new Weapon mat and new accessories from with the 100-200 run achievement.

So currently the only way to get new weapon and new accessories is to pray for good rng from it to drop even if you manage to do 100-200 runs

12 hours ago, Green Storm said:

- Soul Boost cannot be completed due to the removal of the Aerodrome dungeon from the Demonsbane System.

Additionaly, other dungeons needed for Soul Boost are now removed from dungeon lobby and Daily Challenge. Also, there are less quests in Daily Challenge now, doing 7 of them for Soul Boost is nearly impossible for low gear alts (requires hard mode dungeons or PvP).

Scales cannot be farmed from dungeons in Cross Server(F8) anymore. Forest of Echoes was the main way to farm them (since it had lower HP as a 4man dungeon) but they are no longer on the drop table. You CAN run Thornwind Cavern, House of Idols, Stonescale Passage (requires 2 ppl), Cathedra Cliffs, Brood Chamber, Sandstorm Temple for Scale Fragments from the daily quest, bonus rewards, and drops, but this is very inconvenient. It is likely not intended for the dungeons that were just removed from F8 to be the only farmable source of scales (Nocturnal, Shimmering).

Skystealer Crystals are also in the same boat as Scale Fragments; you can only acquire them from the 3 Bonus Rewards or Nykarri Hall of Trials floor 1-2 if you choose to farm that. 4/6 BiS accessories are still Skystealer, and most people won't drop their class for the Starcross accessories immediately, so it's very stupid to not have a farmable source of upgrade materials for them. I know KR somewhat addressed this in a later update, but it seems naive to just ship an obviously broken patch when a fix already exists. Why copy mistakes when you can avoid them?

Substratum no longer drops Sterling Scales so there is literally no way to upgrade Heart without acquiring them from the Hongmoon Store (not enough supply on market). The drop rate was already terrible enough before that the only real supply of them was from Trove, but now there is actually no farmable source at all.

Also, as people have already said, the trader for the new demonsbane dungeons doesn't have a menu.

8 hours ago, DarkAngel72 said:

Trader Gang Sanghae in Mushins tower doesn't have anything.

You talk to him and nothing appears.

This is the merchant were suppose to buy the new Weapon mat and new accessories from with the 100-200 run achievement.

So currently the only way to get new weapon and new accessories is to pray for good rng from it to drop even if you manage to do 100-200 runs

Even then it's rather unfortunate you need both 300 runs, 20 essence, and it's limit 1 per ACCOUNT.

KR also got Triangle Garnet and Obsidian from normal dungeons in F8, while we still only have Octa (although realistically it doesnt matter unless it's at least Square). It doesn't really matter anyway since most of the people who cared about garnet/obsidian just abused soul boost before it got adjusted.

Soul Boost is also pretty much impossible to complete since it requires Aerodrome 1-11 and 7 DC Quest requirements (was only supposed to be 5), which is very difficult now since there are only 9 Quests on DC, and 2 of them are PvP which are mostly impossible to complete since the queues won't resolve. Not that big of a deal since there's only a month left anyway and there will probably be another Soul Boost after, but it would've been nice for it to remain functional.

I hope at least some of these issues can be addressed soon rather than waiting for the next patch cycle. I'm not holding my breath though, NC management has a pretty bad track record with running any of their games or listening to player feedback.

The new Pity-System isn't working at all. At least if I read the patch notes correctly there should be a pity-system for lower tiers than Upsurge, so for Skystealer.

I've tried 40 times to upgrade my Skystealer Earring from +10 to +11 and didn't even get a bar to fill up or anything.

So either I'm wrong with Skystealer should have pity or the system is simply not working.

Another Update: I failed to upgrade the same Skystealer Belt from 4+ to 5+ over 20 times in a row... while merely extremely bad luck normally, this also strongly implies that the "Evolution Progress" system isn't just not showing graphically but isn't functional at all.

Per the Patch Notes, Aerodrome & Substratum are supposed to be part of the Daily Challenge, but neither have shown up for completion since the patch. Normally they're just below the Chaos Supply Chain.

What's up with the guide and the loot table for stage 5+ for Nykarri Hall of Trials? Many are stating that you need at least stage 6+ to get an accessory drop (ring/earring). I wonder how much else is incorrect here? Most are trusting the guide since for AD/SUB/CSC within your patch notes they were incorrect as to the correct minimum floors or ranges in which several rewards were drop eligible yet the guide was correct in those 3 cases. It seems this time maybe the patch notes are correct and the guide is incorrect. Easy solution? Change it to say stage 6 and audit all/the rest of the loot drop common rewards tables and increment or move around as necessary.

OFze139.png

Edited by LordSwift
  • Like 1

Achievements "Ship Out" and "Armed and Dangerous" do not register wins in the new dungeon variation of Aerodrome and Substratum, which means you can't clear them to buy the Substratum and SkyStealer Accessory Chests with Demonsbane Challenge Tokens.

• Like 1

The three "current" 6-man dungeons give far less combat XP than the three "current" 4-man dungeons (approximately a factor of 10 difference) despite all six having their difficulty approximately equalized this patch.

It is no longer possible to F-roll ("Retreat") out of Master Hong's grab in Forest of Echoes despite that being the "preferred" method of doing so in Circle of Sundering, the battle this fight is an "echo" of.