Forums

Upcoming Upgrade Costs are absolutely insane

19 hours ago, FriendlyFox said:

You need on average 6743 Sacred Vials to +0 -> +20 your soul.
Cheapest offer of Vials are 3x Sacred Vials for 800 NCoin. So you need 2248*800 NCoin, aka 1,798,400 NCoin.
With their official course of 8000 NCoin = 100€ we would be on average 22,480€ for a max soul. If you're unlucky you can go up to 70,000€ for a max soul.
That's not how I would describe doable with a credit card since it's legit only 1 out of 5 items which require this huge amount of materials.

In no game should max gear be equivalent to more than 100,000 €, sorry that's a hard no for me.
Pay2win took a new dimension due to KR having a hugely inflated economy and just pushing their upgrade prices and RNG factors onto the western release (and even adding more RNG and worsening the loot to top it off).

I agree with you the expense is too much the level of progress in the game is too exaggerated I was even calculating only the time it takes to get the Shadow Fury weapon item and it only takes 6 months of farming and if you don't have to pay everything it's too expensive I would say outrageously expensive.

On 5/10/2022 at 5:03 PM, Shiro said:

When will KR get that west does not like endless grind and paywalls?

We are now getting the same grind required as KR but we don't get the resource padding that they get. They get a lot of oils and pods from events as a means to help them upgrade. What is the actual difference now between our regions? Because it was mainly that we didn't have RNG upgrades before. So KR players needed this resource padding because their upgrades were all RNG. Now we are at the same stage but our region is starved completely of gold, oils and pet pods. Now there is yet another event that doesn't give us those measly 2 vials and packs. Yes, it is now as measly as the 1 synth stone per week we have gotten in previous events.

I've always grinded a lot for hours ever since playing this game but it's now become an unreasonable grind due to how our region is handled. I would honestly say our region is now more P2W than KR, everything is locked behind the Cash Shop now to get any sort of good quantity. I took a break from all this for a month already, playing some days and not some, and I come back just for it to get worse. I took a break because I felt it was pointless to keep trying since I failed to +13 anything for an entire two months. It doesn't matter if I grinded because the rewards were worthless, which pouches tanking to be near worth nothing and I never got any sort of significant drop I could sell for gold income.

On 5/11/2022 at 4:49 AM, LordSwift said:

Play the game without a care in the world, spend little to nothing of your hard working money unless you don't mind knowing that nothing will change, no feedback will matter they'll only give you the illusion of such, and the game will likely cease to exist in the near future for the west anyways, everywhere else it'll continue to thrive though, IMO if you could put up with the ping and grab a KSSN somehow lol you'd be way better off joining the Korean server if you like bns so much. Especially if you're competitive too even!

Yup, honestly, this is great advice at this point for people that still want to continue and I'm ready to do it because this is getting really bad. Once people run out of the evo stones from the event months ago, it's going to get worse and the bandage solution will be to put oils into some sort of Cash Shop only event the same way they did with Sterling scales, when this doesn't put the resource available at a good healthy number because of the low player base.

I'll go play in KR and I'll never be as good as here due to being ping crippled but at least my money and time are not being wasted like they are here. A bonus is also that the KR version also cares to keep their game clean from trash using 3rd party tools in their rankings if you plan on being competitive despite the ping issue. No more half baked skill patches either that are literal months behind. Everything gets balanced right away.

• Like 1

every time they restrict they destroy more the system is like the hm lvl, they raise the level but the experience counts more and more to get it now they lowered the experience in the connection before they gave 1 million and now only 100 thousand also the system gets more content but you can't make that content in the game and the only way is to pay to speed up the process and that results in a very big imbalance in the game since only some can make this content and restricting content for everyone, even for those who pay or For the whales it is almost impossible, it is becoming more expensive even when spending real money.

psd: please balance the game well and make the content accessible to everyone and not just paying real money.

Posted (edited)

It doesn't make any sense to play every day, do daily, weekly, pay premium and exit lag so that you can't progress in the end, it's wasting time without getting anywhere (everything is being limited in the game)

I pay 17 dollars a month for nothing

Edited by chilegamerz
Posted (edited)

This update is just too much and makes the gap between f2p players and p2p players way too huge and even people that spend some money will have it way harder now too, and yeah these updates with soul/pet is just too ridiculous. And we at least get the meme kaebi village to get 200 gold daily which literally doesn't help much and can't even count it as extra gold weekly, since we don't even get weekly pet packs/sacred vials from event anymore, so kaebi village is just basically a replace for those... and yeah at least when they intorduced this new soul/pet they could've at least introduced an event with pet packs/sacred vials without the 2 weekly limit like before we didn't even have the limit, so people would be able to at least farm properly vials etc. with the event hopefully ncwest will fix this issue of course, but like we saw previously with their promises to fix our gold issue, we get a joke of a kaebi village.

Edited by TapSan
Posted (edited)

I wanna play devil's advocate here and say alot of it is because of your state of mind fuelled by how this community is.

And with that I mean that there's like a near impossible to reach carrot dangling infront of everyone - and just because a few

people actually were able to obtain that carrot in some super extreme way, we now feel the norm is to get it aswell.

Obviously from a competitive viewpoint I can understand that, but the amount of people running around who supposedly spent an average of

1,5 million gold to upgrade all their accessories to +20 is disgustinly big given that we all know it's near impossible to farm all that gold legit by selling raid loot, sterling scales, hm scrolls and psyche chests. Is that all the game design's fault, that you riled eachother up to max all your stuff in ways that are shady?

Many of the resources are obtained in ways that go beyond the limitations of what a human can archieve by just playing the game and that gives you false expectations aswell.

In contrary to my words,

all-in-all I do agree that they should better the situation so that the competitive scene isn't just about knowing geared people.

I just wanted to give you something to think about.

Edited by luzt
8 hours ago, luzt said:

And with that I mean that there's like a near impossible to reach carrot dangling infront of everyone - and just because a few

people actually were able to obtain that carrot in some super extreme way, we now feel the norm is to get it aswell.

I don't care about an insane grind. But I absolutely hate the RNG span this game got by now.
Before you could tell approximately how much gold/resources/time you'd need to get to a specific level, but now all you grind for is not actually progress but you just grind for another lottery ticket.

Players (at least me) want to feel progress however maginal it is. But with the current system and our economy you'll be able to try to upgrade like once a month. And either the goddess of luck shines down at you or your whole grind was for absolutely nothing. It feels INSANELY bad that your whole playtime was suddenly for nothing and makes you wonder on every failed upgrade why you even play the game.

I spent 750 Sacred Vials and 125 Sacred Oils, what I gathered from playing everyday, cashing in a lot of events, grinding dungeons for 7(!) months. I got 1 (!) single upgrade from 12->13. At the same time a mate one tapped it from 12->13 with 14 Sacred Vials. Do you know how shitty it feels, that I needed 736 Sacred Vials and 125 Sacred Oils, 7 months of "work" for the same upgrade?
This is the first time in the 3 years I play this game (and I played every single day, I even playing during vacations) that I didn't login anymore. And even if Green Storm sent feedback to the development team I think the damage is done for me. The 7 months of "work" I did went poof and I can't imagine a world where we'll get it back.

I honestly think I'd have preferred 20,000 stages of the items but with guaranteed upgrades instead of 20 but with this shitty RNG upgrade system. It just doesn't feel rewarding at all. EU/NA went from barely RNG to even more RNG than already KR. And we got the upgrade costs from KR while our economy is not even 10% of that from KR (while we were already complaining about the gold income of this server). I think it's done.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FriendlyFox said:

I don't care about an insane grind. But I absolutely hate the RNG span this game got by now.
Before you could tell approximately how much gold/resources/time you'd need to get to a specific level, but now all you grind for is not actually progress but you just grind for another lottery ticket.

Players (at least me) want to feel progress however maginal it is. But with the current system and our economy you'll be able to try to upgrade like once a month. And either the goddess of luck shines down at you or your whole grind was for absolutely nothing. It feels INSANELY bad that your whole playtime was suddenly for nothing and makes you wonder on every failed upgrade why you even play the game.

I spent 750 Sacred Vials and 125 Sacred Oils, what I gathered from playing everyday, cashing in a lot of events, grinding dungeons for 7(!) months. I got 1 (!) single upgrade from 12->13. At the same time a mate one tapped it from 12->13 with 14 Sacred Vials. Do you know how shitty it feels, that I needed 736 Sacred Vials and 125 Sacred Oils, 7 months of "work" for the same upgrade?
This is the first time in the 3 years I play this game (and I played every single day, I even playing during vacations) that I didn't login anymore. And even if Green Storm sent feedback to the development team I think the damage is done for me. The 7 months of "work" I did went poof and I can't imagine a world where we'll get it back.

I honestly think I'd have preferred 20,000 stages of the items but with guaranteed upgrades instead of 20 but with this shitty RNG upgrade system. It just doesn't feel rewarding at all. EU/NA went from barely RNG to even more RNG than already KR. And we got the upgrade costs from KR while our economy is not even 10% of that from KR (while we were already complaining about the gold income of this server). I think it's done.

THIS.

People have been telling NCSoft for MONTHS that gold needs to be fixed with all the other issues so a situation like the game has right now will not happen. Well, too late now. The damage has already been done. People are mass leaving the game out of frustration. Our servers are a absolute mess, fixes might be too late now. 

This current RNG fiesta wouldn't even be the biggest problem if we had the exact same gold situation as KR, but we have 1/10 of it. Months after months we told them, our feedback was ignored. 

Also I don't get why removing vials from events in the current state of the NA/EU servers was a "good" idea for them, it made literally everything worse.... no matter if whale or not. 

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the next F10 special deals are a Sacred Vial chest for 4000 NCoin including 50 of them. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, FriendlyFox said:

Couldn't have said it better.

If it was not RNG, I wouldn't mind even a much higher cost than previous souls (they were usually under 200 vials each tier), let's say 600 vials from 13 to 20, would still be reasonable (no rng)

But now, you have this rng system to hide the fact you need about 3k sacred oils to max soul and roll good stats on it. If what NCSoft aimed for, is only lucky people to continue playing (that need far less than thousands cuz lucky), then you achieved it, but don't be surprised while everyone else leaves in frustration.

Anyway yes the damage is already done and most probably too late to fix. This needs an emergency fix, remove the RNG, make it a reasonable cost (like 500-600 vials to +20), and compensate the people who already tried on souls with stuff back, but this is the issue. This patch should've never been approved this way.

EDIT: This applies to gold costs on weapon / accessories too. The insanely low RNG chance is there to hide the fact it costs millions of gold to max them. Again, if there was no rng, and people saw the costs, they'd immediately quit. IF what NCSOFT aim for is only lucky people to continue playing, then have fun with 1/10 players of an already low playerbase.

Edited by Shiro
  • Like 2
On 5/10/2022 at 11:03 PM, Shiro said:

You are absolutely out of your minds this time. The costs are beyond insane.

You're right, they're ouf of their minds. I just wasted 5k gold trying to get earrings from +5 to +6, ofc failed. 

I been a f2p ever since day 1 back in 2016 and I have been playing this game casually.  Yes I agree with all of you that the upgrade cost and RNG is insane. Most MMORPG run like this where they release new set of items every 6-12 months which makes the previous top tier item completely worthless and very easy to get.  That's their whole business model to make money and you can't escape from this fact with every MMORPG out there.  FeralStripes brought up a good point just stay within a certain upgrade limit instead of maxing everything out. 

• Like 1