Forums

Upcoming Upgrade Costs are absolutely insane

Shiro

You are absolutely out of your minds this time. The costs are beyond insane.

We are LITERALLY getting all the gold costs, sacred oil costs, pet pod costs, and so on that KR has. Until now, we always had less, for a good reason, KR has INFLATED gold AND oils, they get a LOT more from quests and even oils from daily challenge etc.

A premium transformation stone is over 5k gold on KR, here it's under 500g. This should clearly tell you the gold source difference and inflation. And yet, we get literally the EXACT SAME costs of gold on upgrades. A weapon try to upgrade, with low as hell chance, is over 1k gold???

The soul cost for our region (and pet) is beyond insane. Like seriously 8000 oils on average to max from 0.

We made that gold issue thread before for nothing. Sure, you add some gold sources, but they're still far less than KR, and now we're getting same costs as KR. Amazing.

Oh and want to know something even more funny?

This is the faction NPC exchange in KR (from new faction area because SSP was removed)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/789120095627640833/966449172532330527/unknown-359.png

So to upgrade a Mythical Unity Stone to Awakened Mythical there, you need 100 faction tokens, 30 sacred vials, and 5 premium transformation stones

For us we need: 150 faction tokens, 150 ethereal vials, 5 premium transformation stones

150 Ethereal Vials are worth A LOT MORE than 30 Sacred Vials, WAAAAAAAAAY more, so in fact not only we get kr costs on accessories, weapon and soul, we also have it FAR FAR worse on unity (and always did), like we're the laughing stock of a region.

When will KR get that west does not like endless grind and paywalls?

This patch is legit the real beginning of the end of BnS in the west. You thought skystealer era was bad in terms of costs, now it becomes at least 5 times worse.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I'm not defending them at all.

But i'm fairly sure Green storm and NCwest just translates the patch notes and implement the patch.

They don't have any say to what actually goes into the patches.

I do agree with you tho shiro, it is insane that we get the same exact things as KR even tho our version is so different on a fundemental level.

I hope NCwest can manage to adjust some of these values and the patch does not actually launch like this.

21 minutes ago, Uldrum said:

But i'm fairly sure Green storm and NCwest just translates the patch notes and implement the patch.

I do agree with you tho shiro, it is insane that we get the same exact things as KR even tho our version is so different on a fundemental level.

I hope NCwest can manage to adjust some of these values and the patch does not actually launch like this.

Your statement is correct. No one at NCWest has any say in any capacity...what NCSoft goes. The patch as presented is what we will get, no exceptions will be made to account for our region.

17 minutes ago, Shiro said:

I'm not blaming Green Storm, but the devs of course.

Why did they move away from doing our version "Sepperate" tho?

We had so many accommodations to account for our region for years, but in the recent patches they've started to phase in every single thing KR has they we tried to avoid for EU

Edited by Uldrum

1 hour ago, Uldrum said:

We had so many accommodations to account for our region for years, but in the recent patches they've started to phase in every single thing KR has they we tried to avoid for EU

Not just did they remove all accommodations, they made it actively worse for EU/NA. We got worse loot tables in the recent dungeons (KR f.e. Square/Penta/Hexa gems, we have Square/Penta, KR got Triangular/Square Pet gems, we got Triangular).
We didn't get content KR got to compensate the need for materials/gold etc.
KR has f.e. vials in their daily challenge, we have it in events (and even there it got removed now, we are now at 2 vials/week while on average we would need 6743 Sacred Vials, so on average 60 years (or 3,371.5 weeks) of weekly oils to +20 the soul).

These upgrade costs are insane. Just absolutely insane.
There is no way in hell anyone this is justified. We don't even have any way to farm Sacred Vials/Oils. Is it the occasional drop of 1 oil or evolved stone in ad/sub (from my experience ~3%)?
I insta maxed my soul when it got released (10th November 2021) and did a lot of trove, cash events afterwards. I got most of my weekly oils and event oils (which don't appear anymore apparently) and I'm currently sitting on 450 Sacred Vials and 160 Sacred Oils.
This is legit 10% of what I'd need for max soul. Half a year of farming/saving/cashing for average 2 additional stages?

This game is doomed if they actually decide to bring those upgrade costs. It's like they want the western release to die.

• Like 5

Deep sigh. 

Most my friends already quitted but I stayed. But how can I continue anymore? 

The reason I liked this game, besides the amazing combat system, was that there were no RNG upgrades. One would know that after grinding for something, one would get something. 

But now... There is nothing more than rng left. Throwing everything you worked for away for nothing, over and over again. I was unlucky and never got weapon to +11. And i absolutely hate trying to upgrade anything now... I don't want to keep playing, knowing that all my gear from now on will be nothing but a fresh unupgraded dungeon drop. I'd rather play a game where i can stay competitive and make steady progress. 

Every time there is a new patch, instead of being excited, I feel anxious and think "oh no" every time now. 

• Like 1

I respectfully agree.

The patches lately come from KR 1:1 in the West, with 2:1 (and that's being generous) the resources available to us. I will not get into the Chaos Supply Chain loot nerfs, nor the Skystealer accessories discrepancy in materials between us and KR mentioned a few months back, or many more.

I'll only present this for clarity:

• Last week, doing every possible raid quest excluding the Steelbreaker and Serpent's Den, I made 991g (mind you, Scarlet Conservatory had double loot, and the aforementioned amount includes selling all the 10/100 Gold bars from the reward chests, as well as the gold from the Weekly Challenge milestones).

• Upsurge Weapon requires 1100g from +10 to +11, with a 10% success rate.

Sooo what you're telling us, as the representatives of the game in the West, including doing Daily Challenges, we need to dump approximately a week's worth of gold, for a single try at a 10% success rate? You're gonna say we got the pity meter, pardon, the Succession System. You haven't given us any values on how much % a failure adds to it, but let's be honest, for 1100g, even if it filled up to 100% with a single failure, it still wouldn't allow us to upgrade to a respectable stage, before you release a new tier to that same piece of gear.

I sincerely hope you can take this into consideration. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hijack said:

I respectfully agree.

The patches lately come from KR 1:1 in the West, with 2:1 (and that's being generous) the resources available to us. I will not get into the Chaos Supply Chain loot nerfs, nor the Skystealer accessories discrepancy in materials between us and KR mentioned a few months back, or many more.

I'll only present this for clarity:

• Last week, doing every possible raid quest excluding the Steelbreaker and Serpent's Den, I made 991g (mind you, Scarlet Conservatory had double loot, and the aforementioned amount includes selling all the 10/100 Gold bars from the reward chests, as well as the gold from the Weekly Challenge milestones).

• Upsurge Weapon requires 1100g from +10 to +11, with a 10% success rate.

Sooo what you're telling us, as the representatives of the game in the West, including doing Daily Challenges, we need to dump approximately a week's worth of gold, for a single try at a 10% success rate? You're gonna say we got the pity meter, pardon, the Succession System. You haven't given us any values on how much % a failure adds to it, but let's be honest, for 1100g, even if it filled up to 100% with a single failure, it still wouldn't allow us to upgrade to a respectable stage, before you release a new tier to that same piece of gear.

I sincerely hope you can take this into consideration. 

I like it when people use actual numbers to back up their points and your numbers are pretty spot on. Without the doubled loot, all raids except Steelbreaker and Serpent's Den would be closer to 840-850g, meaning more then a week's worth of gold would be needed. Not great! You'd have to stack a full F8 train on top of that to make an attempt that week...and with the changes coming it is unclear if gold rewards will be significantly changing on that front either.

I will make one additional note, though: no new weapon tier has been announced in KR yet past Upsurge, and we're anywhere from 3 to 6 months behind on content depending on the release rate we get, typically a new dungeon every two months is the usual rate. A replacement isn't due any time soon, but at these costs you may very well be right that by the time we get the weapon to +11, the newest thing will be out. Getting a mere four chances to likely FAIL a month is not great in any capacity, but this may be why people are suggesting getting Shadow Fury Stage 9 to +11 first as it would be IMMENSELY cheaper even with the risk of losing levels.

30 minutes ago, DenialOfTruth said:

I will make one additional note, though: no new weapon tier has been announced in KR yet past Upsurge

Yes, I'm well aware of it, as you said. I'm just going off the fact we had the Skystealer accessories for about 6 months, before the release of the new Starcrossed (?) tier, so it wouldn't be that far-fetched to think the same would apply to the weapon. I apologize if it looked like I was implying there was a new tier announced.

Edited by Hijack

1 minute ago, Hijack said:

Yes, I'm well aware of it, as you said. I'm just going off the fact we had the Skystealer accessories for about 6 months, before the release of the new Starcrossed (?) tier, so it wouldn't be that far-fetched to think the same would apply to the weapon. I apologize if it looked like I was implying there was a new tier announced.

All good, I figured you weren't but it does help bring into view the time scales the game works with, and thus further reinforces your numbers. Maybe with some immensely good luck, someone could reach a really good weapon well before it becomes obsolete...but even whales might be reluctant with these costs.

3EyFrCw.png

https://imgur.com/3EyFrCw

a3Utfcw.png

https://imgur.com/a3Utfcw

I just want too start off by saying I agree with what most of the users have posted here in this thread, the upgrade costs in Blade & Soul are getting worse with every patch, items like: "Sterling Scales" now lock you out of heart upgrades, to RNG upgrades that can fail like on Skystealer accessories.

last year I was forced to change my mindset with Blade & Soul, & I figured out ways to not get trapped by RNG gold sinks:

- Only upgrade your Weapon/Accessories to Stage 6 to get the bonus effect , going past stage 6 is not worth it, because of the RNG upgrades that can fail with diminishing returns. Also by the time you get your gear to +9, it will be out of date & replaced with future gear.

- Don't upgrade your gems, you will get free gems from future Soulboost events for free.

- Don't waste gold trying to re-roll your compound system since it's a gold sink, most of the time you will end up getting pvp stats instead of pve stats

-Don't buy items from F10 hongmoonstore unless you really need them , most of the items are highly overpriced & are not worth it. You can check the price of hongmoon coins to F9 gold being sold & see how overpriced alot of the items are in the F10 Hongmoonstore.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-DO save all of your materials over 6+ months & only then decide if you want to upgrade, sometimes NC will have cost reductions on older gear, or you will end up getting free gear from the Soulboost events.

-DO fuse Crit or Boss AP into your soulsheilds, this will give you a large DPS increase & is a very affordable upgrade

DO, upgrade your unity stones, it's one of the best price/performance DPS upgrades you can get, since the game gives you free radiance unity stones everyday from login rewards.

-DO, keep an eye on the price of materials in F5 marketplace, you can sometimes find good deals if you are searching throughout the day.

-DO, run all F8 dungeons & weeklies, this is the best source of gold income in the game.

Trust me I understand how P2W Blade & Soul has become, & I have come too the conclusion that I just needed too change my mindset, Stage 6 gear is now the true max endgame gear & I'm okay with that. The best advice I can give to players is: just have fun playing the game & try not to stress over the overwhelming upgrade paths in the game. Play the game at your own pace there is no rush, not everyone needs the max highest gear in the game, I posted my gear above & I have already farmed over 1000x chaos supply chain dungeons runs.

I understand how alot of these Korean P2W MMO's turn out, with games like Tera having their servers officially shut down, like I said above don't stress, don't get mad , just play the game at your own pace & try too have fun!

• Like 4

Yeah at this point don't spend and stop caring on NA BNS. I mean whatever you need to enjoy the game, premium, go bare minimum as you can though.

Go pure f2p would be best if you're gonna stick around and ride out what very little time NA BNS has left (in comparison to 6 years from the start in NA) and I'm sure at this point it's on a downward spiral to its demise at maybe the end of this year or next.

Likely will be mass migrations exiting BNS in the coming months putting an irreversable nail in the coffin (slowly things like this have been happening but this will be a major turning point since it is not expected to likely address any of the issues mentioned above in previous posts in this thread)

I'd recommend if sticking around just play casually or don't care either throw time and or money at it but don't stress this game is not going to listen to any community feedback to better the current state at all. I think they're just hoping enough people leave they can shut down the west server (from koreas standpoint). We're going to be getting the korean model without accounting for any of the game economy or low population.

It does suck for competitive players that are more in line with like upper middle to middle class kind of players. They don't spend 10k/month maybe that much in a year, they're up there on the charts but not +20, they're funding the game to always be a step behind with bridging the gap between people who throw massive amounts of money at the game or people that just wait around for free handouts. They kind of get shafted the most in the end. Shafted as in they work hard to get where they're at only to not be able to enjoy it for very long as what they've obtained has either become a free handout, obsolete, or an endless cycle of neverending upgrades and pay with like no reason to even try other than to be decent today but irrelevant tomorrow.

Play the game without a care in the world, spend little to nothing of your hard working money unless you don't mind knowing that nothing will change, no feedback will matter they'll only give you the illusion of such, and the game will likely cease to exist in the near future for the west anyways, everywhere else it'll continue to thrive though, IMO if you could put up with the ping and grab a KSSN somehow lol you'd be way better off joining the Korean server if you like bns so much. Especially if you're competitive too even! Especially at this point. Plus super active over there. It's way worth over there paying for their monthly sub and prem, battle pass and stuff. And you know you can actually earn a decent amount of gold without you know playing 16 hours a day or spending 10%-20% of your yearly income. They have paid stuff too yes and gold buying stuff too yes but they have a way more viable gold earn system than we do lol.

• Like 2

I warned everyone... atleast I tried to last time, but they deleted my post immediately after I posted... because who cares about feedback right?

This is the end result. Barely anything has been done about gold. Now you guys get the full costs from Namdo, the class RNG drop system from Namdo, all the costs included with this patch... but with maybe 1/6th of Korea's gold income. Good luck. 

1 hour ago, FeralStripes said:

Trust me I understand how P2W Blade & Soul has become, & I have come too the conclusion that I just needed too change my mindset, Stage 6 gear is now the true max endgame gear & I'm okay with that. The best advice I can give to players is: just have fun playing the game & try not to stress over the overwhelming upgrade paths in the game. Play the game at your own pace there is no rush, not everyone needs the max highest gear in the game, I posted my gear above & I have already farmed over 1000x chaos supply chain dungeons runs.

I understand how alot of these Korean P2W MMO's turn out, with games like Tera having their servers officially shut down, like I said above don't stress, don't get mad , just play the game at your own pace & try too have fun!

Sorry and apologies, but you don't really understand a thing here. 

The fact you say play at your own pace and have fun is invalid, when they rebalance stuff so much that if you stop upgrading, you won't see any more good dungeons in your game time... because you don't have the required damage to do it.

43 minutes ago, LordSwift said:

Likely will be mass migrations exiting BNS in the coming months putting an irreversable nail in the coffin (slowly things like this have been happening but this will be a major turning point since it is not expected to likely address any of the issues mentioned above in previous posts in this thread)

Yes, because this server is all about milking the player these days. Back in the day, it already was P2W but they changed things so players kept playing the game because Korea added insane grinds that no western player would've done EVER. Now they just copy & paste 1:1, but with the same gold balance that NA/EU always had (they even nerfed it more at times LOL..)

Conclusion: No drastical changes have been done, this patch will finish it off. Sad to see.

12 hours ago, Uldrum said:

With all due respect Uldrum, but they only change certain things these days from Korean patches... and that is the good stuff by making it worse, the Poharan drop table for example or the newly released Kaebi village (time limited, far less gold than Korea got from it)

this game isnt going any where, cool your rockets, this game really shouldnt be compared to its "genre" genres are inherently corrupt because it would be stupid to try and reproduce the same **** in different colors or whatever distinctions are required to delineate between items clumped into any given genre...

i wonder why people are so ready predict the end, could be a lot of reasons, but a game like this** is important to the progress of the world.

i hope you all get to make art with your lives outside of nay-saying and destructivism, and i hope you feel brave enough to share it with the universe even if the scope has to be limited to what you can trust

**currently there are no comparable games with my said consideration: this game is far and above beyond comparison

Edited by swordin

4 hours ago, Uldrum said:

With Credit card.

They don't expect you to be F2P.

You need on average 6743 Sacred Vials to +0 -> +20 your soul.
Cheapest offer of Vials are 3x Sacred Vials for 800 NCoin. So you need 2248*800 NCoin, aka 1,798,400 NCoin.
With their official course of 8000 NCoin = 100€ we would be on average 22,480€ for a max soul. If you're unlucky you can go up to 70,000€ for a max soul.
That's not how I would describe doable with a credit card since it's legit only 1 out of 5 items which require this huge amount of materials.

In no game should max gear be equivalent to more than 100,000 €, sorry that's a hard no for me.
Pay2win took a new dimension due to KR having a hugely inflated economy and just pushing their upgrade prices and RNG factors onto the western release (and even adding more RNG and worsening the loot to top it off).

• Like 1

they just want to drive everyone away and they are going to. they jump up the price and make it almost impossible to advance unless you're rich and they destroy the dungeons we were using to play their games. The accessories that were available in AD and SUB will most likely be "DEAD ENDED" (meaning if they could be evolved to stage 10 and better they won't be anymore; That has always been their practice when they upgrade the game.

So from weeklies etc. I have been collecting sacred vials for over a year, average of like 4 sacred vials per week and today I wasted 480 sacred vials trying to upgrade my soul from +14 to +15 and I wasn't able to even upgrade it ONCE. We already had an issue before this with accessories having average upgrade cost around 250k gold from scratch to +20 neither did the gold issue really get fixed yet on top of it and now we get this patch with soul/pet upgrades where it costs 8000 oils like Shiro mentioned on average to max soul from 0 to 20, with current market prices that's 6,120,000 gold~ this is really stupid and really demotivating.