How is the game? is it dead?

Mallowcups

been wanting to play a new mmo played wow for years got tired of that went to SWTOR and GW2 i loved Tera online saw this and down loaded it got to 20 saw a handfull of ppl out while leveling 1-20 but went though all the clans and most have no had ppl on since 2017.. so is the game worth investing time and money into? so far im loving the game but dont want to get to 60 and have no one to do anything with any input is welcome ( btw i play on NA sever)

2 hours ago, lillvargen said:

most people just run thru and finish story  to get to lvl60  to get gear needed to start farming better gear

soulboost helps alot too

the clans you refer to are social clans probably

Yes social ones is the only ones that show up for me don’t know if I need to be 60 to see the other ones but I’ll rush to 60 and try looking again lol thanks for the reply 

I think the game is seeing a bit of a dip in play recently due to a PvP change... This MMO probably has, like, not exaggerating: The best PvP out of any MMO, F2P or not, so it's unfortunate they'd do something to jeopardize it, but.. xD hopefully they'll see the error of their ways, and a lot of the players (myself included) will come flooding back.

The change, by the way, was one that made the rewards for PvP'ing err... not.. very rewarding? lol. As good as PvP is in this game, a game-mode in an MMO unfortunately can't survive off of fun alone because MMOs demand too much grinding to allow for just purely fun modes.

competitive clans don't always post in the search window, most of them taking members they see in dungeons or any other content

social clans give you some discount on things so join one even if people don't show online

Gameplay is great, dungeons are good. Raids are some of the best but that's kinda dying out because of no new announced raids. There are of course issues with this game but I'm sure you'll see some of those posts around here.

I played Tera for about 6 years, GW2 up until level 80 and WoW. If I have to choose between those 3, tbh I'll pick BnS. Tera's story and characters weren't that interesting and the game is shutting down unfortunately. GW2, I'm not saying it's not good, it's good but I wasn't a fan of events and the horizontal progression. WoW is just.... wow. The questing while level is super boring and I moved on from tab targetting so that just bored me even more.

Overall I suggest trying the game out. The story and characters are great, which is fairly rare for a mmorpg. It also gives gear and there's soul boost going on to help gear too.

Like all worlds we are of what we make of it. Their are many of mainstream games that offer  a plethora of if individuals that are upbeat funny lively and those who follow their personas because of it. But not everyone engages to train or pay money to get what they want. Your experience speaks via your actions and the community will see to it and judge you based upon your character. I like to see this world as a training ground that test your heights. How far are you willing to challenge your self. Overall the world of Blade & Soul is beautiful and all of the stars who put their heart and soul into making sure it remains alive are truly what keeps the Dragon pulse striving. If your light goes out so will your dreams and will be a story untold. Your story that is. 

This game depends on just like any others on how much you like it. I have been playing this game since NA release and the content was great when it first came out. Now their is a grand canyon between new players and vets. The current dungeons are get in and out like you are playing the game "Payday" with no chatting at all. Since you are either running or fighting. You fail to kill a boss everyone leaves in pugs.

If this is happening you have to rely on a clan or group of friends to get thru the DC everyday. Having a set time everyone can be on helps a great deal. It will take months to catch up if not more time then that. New equipment seems to come out every 3 months so if you fall behind it gets rough. They don't allow you to catch up so you can play the new content. Like they want you to swipe your credit card to upgrade every time when new content comes out. Old content that is antiquated is still left in game as rewards. Most other mmorpgs make old content easier so ppl can catch up to the new content. Not in this game. Lot of items that could be used on alts that are 3-4 generations old are not even "Bound to account" and when they are the story content will give you better.

Other things you need to know is this game region is worked on last. If you ever seen that movie "Twins" with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito. This region is basically Danny DeVito in that movie. Every region has its own game version and each one is different so very little quality checks are made and you usually have to wait a month or never at all to get things fixed.

The HM store has been pathetic as well so they are not even trying to make money in this game.

I really want to recommend this game to people but all hope is lost with updates going like they are.

Edited by Garlend
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...