Please do something about PvP

Hello everyone 😐

For me farming gold for two hours a day with the aim of earning marginal stats is very little fun, I feel like I'm a hamster running on the wheel never getting anywhere, there were at least populated arena and battlegrounds would be cool and it would make sense.

In recent weeks I have tried to revive pvp by spamming open world events, the response has been almost non-existent, and I am not surprised, since players are led to focus only on pve. I hope that NCSoft, in addition to proposing new classes and raising the gear cap, will find the time to resolve this situation as soon as possible giving more space and attractiveness to the pvp. I can't believe this management is done on purpose. 

NB: as I had already expressed in another topic, I am aware that the game is changing radically, I hope just this change does not lead to the total abandonment of pvp side of the game. Regards

• Like 1

For me farming gold for two hours a day with the aim of earning marginal stats is very little fun, I feel like I'm a hamster running on the wheel never getting anywhere, there were at least populated arena and battlegrounds would be cool and it would make sense.

As someone who PvEs exclusively now, I agree with your points even if you enjoy PvP more and that the game feels extremely dull since there are no new raids, even as someone with a team that can do the rankings. Our team did really good last season, all ended in top 10 but this season people are getting carried via "illegitimate means" even though they put less effort as us, so there is little point to continue progressing. And really, this has been happening forever now with certain players but it was great that our team managed to even triumph over illegitimate players for a while.

Anyway, back to PvP, I used to really like tuning into Arena pvp streams back when the game had a healthier population. It was honestly great to get tips and interact with others about strategies and match-ups. This was before Battlegrounds were released. I liked going into arena and it was overall a good time for me. Back then, the rewards were actually useful, since Soulstones were locked behind PvP. Now having said that, I denounce materials that are used for PvE being locked behind PvP. It's crappy design and makes no sense. I feel the same way about PvP materials or gear being locked behind PvE.

In recent weeks I have tried to revive pvp by spamming open world events, the response has been almost non-existent...

I personally would love to see Arena and other PvP flourish again but there is a major issue I can point right away: TIME. The game is so extremely demanding because resources, primarily gold, are very low. I log in and have to do PvE because I need gold and this eats up all of my playtime. It's a bit ironic to keep logging in doing unfun things, honestly. I feel the game is not rewarding even if you are pouring your soul into it, like you described with your hamster wheel.

I'm going 2 months already unable to +13 any of my gear. They have chosen to lock away Synth stones in a mobile game type of fashion, them being limited to FoE and 3 times per day. I don't even get a single try anymore once a day since I need 20 synth stones. Using fusion stones is a good way to burn through months of gold in less than 10 minutes and maybe not even come out with a single upgrade. And buying gold via F9, well, I'm not going to spend on gold when it was the developers that created the gold issue to start with. Why am I rewarding bad decisions, that even the community manager has acknowledged is an issue? I do spend into the game in other ways but not for gold because the issue affects every single player at this time.

So you say you're barely getting a response from people and this is what I feel is the cause of that. People like me who PvE don't have the time to even have fun with casual PvP (let alone sit there for an hour trying to recruit for PvP) and this is because of the many issues I just pointed out, like the limited resources. If these limited resources are fixed, then you may get more people to do PvP even if the rewards themselves for that mode do not have much value. I'll be honest, there is a lot to do to fix PvP in this game, as there are a lot of issues but a start would be to fixing the issues that PvE has since the focus of the game is PvE. Another would be to get an anti-cheat with a heartbeat to make arena and battlegrounds a better place for everyone. I never liked battlegrounds since all I ever saw was people getting one-shot but surely it should get fixed as well.

• Like 1

Ive used to play alot of PVE but what always brought me back to this game was the PVP now i havent played much in the last time cause i dont wanna que up to 2 hours to get a single match in pvp and without pvp i cannot enjoy pve. It would be so easy to fix all this we have given them alot of possible solutions but in the end without their help this game is unplaybale.

When i log in nowdays i rarely see anyone still playing i played with in the last 5 years and well i knew most active players by name. Why thou ? every single one i asked why they quit said "cause pvp is dead".

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...