Personal Opinion to state of the Game

Mizuki

So ye i think i waited quite a long time for any replies on my personal Bug list report.

anyway now i want to know what people say to the current state of the Game, i have a long list of things which i think should get some attention as sooner the better.

Why i bring it up?

the reason is cause i currently see only new dungeons for along time now coming in to the game, all you do is farm new accessories and if u dont u run ur daily dungeons, this game have so much more to give if thouse things would be taking care off.. 

so Please NCsoft or anyone that have the power to change things do something! 

Quality of life -

Loading Screen - i know that the speed of getting out of them are alot less, as in the beginning. but does it mean u have to have useless loading screens? i think no! 

with people giving the opportunity to have 14 chars is nice, but going in to Char select screen (loadingscreen) select next char (loading screen) to get then in to F8 for dailys (loading screen) find party (loading screen) get in to lobby (loading screen) enter the dungeon (loading screen)  i think there are alot of loading screens in between that can be skipped to make the life of the players alot easyer! 

Account Storage - we have meanwhile 4 tabs of Storage, but none for the whole account, u can argue that the case is u wont have to send over mats to ur other chars. 

but i have to say WHO actually love to do that in the first place??? i realy hate it and by having meanwhile so many alts its so crazy annoying to me and i think im not alone with that. (im not saying all items should be storage able but mats like crystals and tradable once that u can send other anyway...)

F3 or Showroom - magic number is 1547! this is the amount of outfits you can have in the game and i Love it! but! all you can have is max 5 Fav outfits? xD 

i mean i would love to have some kind of sort function or any other function that can be usefull to change outfits or to sort them. 

Fashion is the highest reason for most people to pay real money in the game is what i think, so it should aswell be taking care off. 

people deserve it. 

Screenshot - i would love to say for a long time nothing were made to give people a chance to do better screenshots, but sadly that was never the case. 

it even got worse as UE4 came out, u can change ur camera angle less and u stuck to some settings that are in the game since it was released years ago.

to bad cause this could bring more people in to the RPG section of the game, which is not small as some people might think... 

and i dont think that it is even a big Development thing which need years of creating.

Clan -  general talking i think having a Clan in BnS is a good thing, it should strength the Community and lead people together. 

the current state of the system of being in a Clan is just for the perpuse - Battle Ground - and to know Statistics of "Level, Name, Class, Rank, Zone, Last Online" 

yes sure there are Clan Outfit and the Crafting but

Clan Outfit -> insane price for Crafting i know its something that have to be unique, but to be that unique so just 3-4 clans are actually creating it, is not good.

Clan Outfit Usage -> as far i remember it just being used for Faction war cause player are vulnerable in the time they wear it, which is sad cause u spend so much on it. to get killed. (correct me if i'm wrong)

Faction - i loved the fight in the early days of BnS, it was so much action and fun. but sadly its over and the community decided to just switch to the Red Faction, i think its not a secret, and it is very important point for the current state of the game.. having such a huge system that splits groups between 2 factions are only good if people are actually interested in going to faction war and participating, but there is for a long time now, nothing similar going on there.

old days

Screenshot_160620_044.jpg

today and its not only the current day time 

unknown.png

Chat - there should be a trade chat or lfp chat which is not devide between factions! this would be awesome cause people are interested in lfp and selling too. so it would make a lot of sense to actually have something like that. 

the reason is also, that most people dont use Party finder F7, either they go f8 or faction/region. 

Arena - Tower of Infinity and the Trial Arena bouth ways to do PvE against Bots that should give u experience of PvP, but i think there should be something similar that is not Gear depending like in Arena 1v1 3v3 (different difficultys) i think then u could give new people that are unexperience a good experience with that kind of mode. they would feel less trash and being more experienced of their class. u could discuss that this way even less people would do pvp, but honestly this is already to late how much people actually do pvp? not many for a huge game as bns is. all i'm saying is give people opportunity to actually learn they class without being smashed to the ground by participating in arena. 

ps. this game is important for me, i know it sounds weird but it have everything unique what i miss in other games so i want it to be good.

like everyone else who is playing and spending time and money to this game.

• Like 1

The main issue is lack of content and the demonsbane system. It feels meaningless to gear up. The dungeons are the same on every stage, there is no challenge and no real incentive to go for a higher stage. When everyone with story gear can clear the same dungeon and low stages drop all the same gear, why go up?

Option 1:

Bring in additional mechanics and real wipes on higher stages and put some of the meaningful loot on higher stages only (accessories).

Option 2:

Bring back easy, normal, hard mode for dungeons with hard dps checks and impactful mechanics and accessory drops on hard mode so people actually have a challenge and reason to gear up.

Also bring back Raids.

The game needs content progression, not this stupid everyone can enter every dungeon on day one stuff.

• Like 2

Personal Opinion to state of the Game:

Better than it's ever been imo, as i'm finally reaching a point where i feel "Good enough" (92M dps on target dummy) Now that dps is still pretty outdated as i saw people doing that already like 6-7 months ago, But the point is that i am at that point as well now.

I love The Demonsbane system and that you no longer have to use scales to upgrade stuff.

I love that Nothing requires mechanics, thoughts or efforts, (Tried out Lost ark on launch but Pretty much insta Uninstalled when i saw what their endgame was like)

Getting Between 20-40 Insignia boxes from Sanctum every day is nice, I really like this solo dungeon.

We need faster and better ways for people to get up to high gear, Soulboost does not really get you very high only like 15-20M dps.

Need Unity & HM level catch ups for new/returning.

1 hour ago, Mizuki said:

Clan

Not been in a clan for several years now, It's nice that it's not a requirement for playing the game nowdays.

1 hour ago, Mizuki said:

Faction

I never have nor will i ever care about faction or PvP, So got no feedback for that

1 hour ago, Mizuki said:

Account Storage

That would be nice, Or at least a way to add more then 3 things to a mail

Edited by Uldrum
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mizuki said:

Loading Screen - i know that the speed of getting out of them are alot less, as in the beginning. but does it mean u have to have useless loading screens? i think no! 

Sadly, it kinda does.

The game has to throw everything loaded out, and stream new assets into the game.

Account Storage - we have meanwhile 4 tabs of Storage, but none for the whole account, u can argue that the case is u wont have to send over mats to ur other chars. 

Account-shared storage limits the need of yet another gold sink.

Gold sinks help to keep the economy in check, and prevent too much gold being circulated.

However, too low gold ruins an economy just as bad, and the gold situation is pretty poor, currently.

F3 or Showroom - magic number is 1547! this is the amount of outfits you can have in the game and i Love it! but! all you can have is max 5 Fav outfits? xD 

i mean i would love to have some kind of sort function or any other function that can be usefull to change outfits or to sort them. 

Fashion is the highest reason for most people to pay real money in the game is what i think, so it should aswell be taking care off. 

people deserve it. 

An option could be to allow to favorite outfit presets.

Something like having 10-12 outfit presets you can quickly change into, while out of combat.

Screenshot - i would love to say for a long time nothing were made to give people a chance to do better screenshots, but sadly that was never the case. 

it even got worse as UE4 came out, u can change ur camera angle less and u stuck to some settings that are in the game since it was released years ago.

to bad cause this could bring more people in to the RPG section of the game, which is not small as some people might think... 

and i dont think that it is even a big Development thing which need years of creating.

Besides the idiotic decision of the screenshots being IO bound:

And the dumb name change since UE4:

Everything else is fine.

Maybe add a photo mode, like in Cyberpunk2077?

Faction - i loved the fight in the early days of BnS, it was so much action and fun. but sadly its over and the community decided to just switch to the Red Faction, i think its not a secret, and it is very important point for the current state of the game.. having such a huge system that splits groups between 2 factions are only good if people are actually interested in going to faction war and participating, but there is for a long time now, nothing similar going on there.

I don't like PVP.

However, I do think the factions can be improved.

We have Crimson (red) and Cerulean (blue).

We just need a new faction: Celadon or Jade or Sage or Shamrock or Laurel (green) - or some other name.

Then, each faction gives you permanent statuses, like Crimson giving extra debuff damage or something.

Then Cerulean receive +1% gold or stuff costs -1% gold.

Then the Celadon faction gets extra protection and healing stats.

Chat - there should be a trade chat or lfp chat which is not devide between factions! this would be awesome cause people are interested in lfp and selling too. so it would make a lot of sense to actually have something like that. 

the reason is also, that most people dont use Party finder F7, either they go f8 or faction/region. 

You're thinking of a global chat.

Don't know if that is a good idea...

=========================================================

6 hours ago, LEaNLEoN93 said:

The main issue is lack of content and the demonsbane system. It feels meaningless to gear up.

It feels meaningless to gear up if you already have tons of gear.

If you don't, it feels awful to gear up.

Everything takes months and years to get, specially by yourself.

Bring in additional mechanics and real wipes on higher stages and put some of the meaningful loot on higher stages only (accessories).

This will only make whales more whale, and lower players even lower, further separating plebs from riches.

Bring back easy, normal, hard mode for dungeons with hard dps checks and impactful mechanics and accessory drops on hard mode so people actually have a challenge and reason to gear up.

Dungeons are getting a revamp.

Also, the rest of your suggestion only works for those that have the gear to do hard mode dungeons, or a group they already have to do hard mode dungeons.

Therefore, it also promotes a huge distance between plebs and riches.

The game needs content progression

Agree!

not this stupid everyone can enter every dungeon on day one stuff.

Disagree! Very strongly!

Your opinions come from separating riches from plebs.

Making higher geared players even more geared.

And the lower geared ones to struggle even more to gear up.

6 hours ago, Uldrum said:

We need faster and better ways for people to get up to high gear, Soulboost does not really get you very high only like 15-20M dps.

Soul Boost gear should be given as a start point after the Soul Boost system is gone.

Things that will be unobtainable when Soul Boost ends:

• Amulet - You need to run raids that you can't get in, to get enough Silversteel Anima to buy the amulet.
    Or you spend 50 weeks doing Den of the Ancients... No, thanks!

• Training Expansion Vouchers - HMcoins or NCoins only

• Gilded Square Gems - Too expensive to get anything over a square.

• Gilded Triangular Obsidian and Garnet - Takes 90 days to buy the Garnet by running Koldrak's thing.
    Triangular Obsidian is unobtainable, unless you spam old dungeons to get the Octal Obsidian.

• Dragon Trade Pouch - HMcoins or NCoins only

• Octal Diamond, Obsidian and Garnet Pet gems - You need to craft them yourself, but it is almost impossible, since people don't run Throne of Oblivion that much...

• Psyches - The ones we get are basically unobtainable, if you need them...

• Silversteel Chest - To get the Silversteel weapon.
    Haven't seen a single run to The Steelbreaker in months.
    You also need the DPS of this weapon to even be allowed to get inside the dungeon.

• Evolution stones - These help us bring the accessories inline with "ok" geared players.
    Specially the heart, since it is pretty much P2W now...
    Also, upgrading the Silversteel weapon is cost prohibitive.

Otherwise, when a new player starts, they are basically soft-locked.

Before Soul Boost, I was doing about 3-4 million DPS.

On 4/7/2022 at 12:35 PM, LEaNLEoN93 said:

The main issue is lack of content and the demonsbane system. It feels meaningless to gear up. The dungeons are the same on every stage, there is no challenge and no real incentive to go for a higher stage. When everyone with story gear can clear the same dungeon and low stages drop all the same gear, why go up?

Option 1:

Option 2:

Also bring back Raids.

The game needs content progression, not this stupid everyone can enter every dungeon on day one stuff.

YES, YES AND YES. 

This current Demonsbane system is awful for the game... for every single player.

1) you give new players false hope by pushing out these accs on low stages as well as keeping EASY MODE dungeons in the game. Nowadays, people are too stupid to even use basic mechs like a stun/kd for the CC bar. How did it even come to this point? Back in the day, mech failure would pretty much wipe your party. That's how it should be. This entire easy mode/no wipes braindead mentality is hurting the game and the basic knowledge that YOU as a player should know at this point. 

2) Whales and veteran players are bored. Why? There's no point for them go further after getting all accs... because there is NOTHING on higher stages. It's a "pointless grind and quit until next dungeon" thing. 

3) Demonsbane is boring in general. You do the same ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ rotation every single day... back in the day, we atleast had multiple different dungeons, raids and open-world content. And now? It's one damn dungeon, completely repetitive in it's mechanics and the same daily train EVERY SINGLE DAY. 

4) Demonsbane progression is one of the most frustrating progression systems ever introduced in this game. 

Yes, getting them accs is easy... getting more stats on it beyond a certain point is terrible... no matter if you're a whale or normal f2p player. And with the current speed of dungeon progression.. (yes we get the next tier soon, don't tell me it's not a thing yet), you'll eventually burn out and just quit the game. 

The current state is not good and I pretty much say it every post: Something has to be done ASAP. Time is ticking down.

If we go down this current path any further, people will leave and yes... they won't come back again. And that would be sad tbh.

20 hours ago, Cupidstar said:

Sadly, it kinda does.

The game has to throw everything loaded out, and stream new assets into the game.

Account-shared storage limits the need of yet another gold sink.

Gold sinks help to keep the economy in check, and prevent too much gold being circulated.

However, too low gold ruins an economy just as bad, and the gold situation is pretty poor, currently.

An option could be to allow to favorite outfit presets.

Something like having 10-12 outfit presets you can quickly change into, while out of combat.

Besides the idiotic decision of the screenshots being IO bound:

And the dumb name change since UE4:

Everything else is fine.

Maybe add a photo mode, like in Cyberpunk2077?

I don't like PVP.

However, I do think the factions can be improved.

We have Crimson (red) and Cerulean (blue).

We just need a new faction: Celadon or Jade or Sage or Shamrock or Laurel (green) - or some other name.

Then, each faction gives you permanent statuses, like Crimson giving extra debuff damage or something.

Then Cerulean receive +1% gold or stuff costs -1% gold.

Then the Celadon faction gets extra protection and healing stats.

You're thinking of a global chat.

Don't know if that is a good idea...

It feels meaningless to gear up if you already have tons of gear.

If you don't, it feels awful to gear up.

Everything takes months and years to get, specially by yourself.

This will only make whales more whale, and lower players even lower, further separating plebs from riches.

Dungeons are getting a revamp.

Also, the rest of your suggestion only works for those that have the gear to do hard mode dungeons, or a group they already have to do hard mode dungeons.

Therefore, it also promotes a huge distance between plebs and riches.

Agree!

Disagree! Very strongly!

Your opinions come from separating riches from plebs.

Making higher geared players even more geared.

And the lower geared ones to struggle even more to gear up.

Soul Boost gear should be given as a start point after the Soul Boost system is gone.

Things that will be unobtainable when Soul Boost ends:

• Amulet - You need to run raids that you can't get in, to get enough Silversteel Anima to buy the amulet.
    Or you spend 50 weeks doing Den of the Ancients... No, thanks!

• Training Expansion Vouchers - HMcoins or NCoins only

• Gilded Square Gems - Too expensive to get anything over a square.

• Gilded Triangular Obsidian and Garnet - Takes 90 days to buy the Garnet by running Koldrak's thing.
    Triangular Obsidian is unobtainable, unless you spam old dungeons to get the Octal Obsidian.

• Dragon Trade Pouch - HMcoins or NCoins only

• Octal Diamond, Obsidian and Garnet Pet gems - You need to craft them yourself, but it is almost impossible, since people don't run Throne of Oblivion that much...

• Psyches - The ones we get are basically unobtainable, if you need them...

• Silversteel Chest - To get the Silversteel weapon.
    Haven't seen a single run to The Steelbreaker in months.
    You also need the DPS of this weapon to even be allowed to get inside the dungeon.

• Evolution stones - These help us bring the accessories inline with "ok" geared players.
    Specially the heart, since it is pretty much P2W now...
    Also, upgrading the Silversteel weapon is cost prohibitive.

Otherwise, when a new player starts, they are basically soft-locked.

Before Soul Boost, I was doing about 3-4 million DPS.

See, that is the problem. 

They pretty much devalued 90% of the content, so people don't run it anymore and go with a route that contains the same repetitive tower climb dungeon (4-man btw) and the same daily train every single day. 

We had more dungeons in the daily rotation once, we had raids, we had open world content to do... that is ALL gone now. 

And yes we do have raids.... but let's look at them:

- BT, VT/SK, TT, ET are weekly burst through dungeons that don't even really require a brain anymore to complete. 2019, ET was actually a very annoying but nice raid. TT on release was really hard. They never rebalanced them to make them worth doing and challenge players. They just kept nerfing them. 

Hence... some people even charm through the IA raid now. The only real raid in this game right now is the BM raid (Serpent's Den). That's it. 

Raids became a huge joke, but in the past were one of the most played content in the game.

So many clans disbanded or simply quit because raids became meaningless.

Edited by Amane

1 hour ago, Amane said:

See, that is the problem. 

They pretty much devalued 90% of the content, so people don't run it anymore and go with a route that contains the same repetitive tower climb dungeon (4-man btw) and the same daily train every single day. 

We had more dungeons in the daily rotation once, we had raids, we had open world content to do... that is ALL gone now. 

And yes we do have raids.... but let's look at them:

- BT, VT/SK, TT, ET are weekly burst through dungeons that don't even really require a brain anymore to complete. 2019, ET was actually a very annoying but nice raid. TT on release was really hard. They never rebalanced them to make them worth doing and challenge players. They just kept nerfing them. 

Hence... some people even charm through the IA raid now. The only real raid in this game right now is the BM raid (Serpent's Den). That's it. 

Raids became a huge joke, but in the past were one of the most played content in the game.

So many clans disbanded or simply quit because raids became meaningless.

I agree, they devalued so much content...

They even devalued dungeons that were added before UE4.

Halcyon Hills - completely thrown out as soon as UE4 was released.

It was the latest dungeon before Forest of Echoes.

Devaluing content seems to be NCSoft's moto.

But hey, at least the content is there.

And thanks to raids being devalued so much, I will be stuck at a Silversteel weapon.
Can't get the material to evolve it to the next weapon.

Edited by Cupidstar
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Cupidstar said:

I agree, they devalued so much content...

They even devalued dungeons that were added before UE4.

Devaluing content seems to be NCSoft's moto.

But hey, at least the content is there.

And thanks to raids being devalued so much, I will be stuck at a Silversteel weapon.

Exactly, I don't understand why they had to remove like 80% of the dungeon loot and keep around like 7 of them. 

Why not rebalance them all and include them in the daily challenge? It's sad, because some of these dungeons were actually good and the mechs were challenging. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 10:51 AM, Cupidstar said:

You forgot about the Naryu Sanctum revamp...though I will admit I cannot blame you if you had...that was hell to run and I was not saddened much to see it be rendered obsolete and dead.

Technically you could get Shadow Fury weapon though Twisted Serpents Den pleb...but it takes 200 Legendary Dungeon Coins to buy the weapon mat box and you get 12 a week.

On 4/8/2022 at 7:01 PM, Amane said:

Exactly, I don't understand why they had to remove like 80% of the dungeon loot and keep around like 7 of them. 

Why not rebalance them all and include them in the daily challenge? It's sad, because some of these dungeons were actually good and the mechs were challenging. 

This might sound like the wrong opinion but I wouldn't want too many dungeons in daily challenge, nor too many dungeons I'd 'have' to run. Still, some dungeons could be brought back. I liked The Shadowmoore and it's not slated in the dungeon revamps we'll eventually get...next should be Hall of Trials (the fourth Demonsbane dungeon) plus revamps to Starstone Mines, Ransacked Treasury and Ebondrake Lair of all places...and Aerodrome and Substratum becoming regular dungeons. But that also means some are being removed from F8/Daily Challenge...I forget which are going but I think it's Sandstorm and Brood Chamber plus one more.

25 minutes ago, DenialOfTruth said:

You forgot about the Naryu Sanctum revamp...though I will admit I cannot blame you if you had...that was hell to run and I was not saddened much to see it be rendered obsolete and dead.

That's re-hashed content that should stay dead.

And no, I didn't forget. I used Halcyon Hills as an example because it was the dungeon that was launched before Forest of Echoes, if I'm not mistaken.

27 minutes ago, DenialOfTruth said:

Technically you could get Shadow Fury weapon though Twisted Serpents Den pleb...but it takes 200 Legendary Dungeon Coins to buy the weapon mat box and you get 12 a week.

Lol ... I get 0 a week, on average.

30 minutes ago, DenialOfTruth said:

This might sound like the wrong opinion but I wouldn't want too many dungeons in daily challenge, nor too many dungeons I'd 'have' to run. Still, some dungeons could be brought back. I liked The Shadowmoore and it's not slated in the dungeon revamps we'll eventually get...next should be Hall of Trials (the fourth Demonsbane dungeon) plus revamps to Starstone Mines, Ransacked Treasury and Ebondrake Lair of all places...and Aerodrome and Substratum becoming regular dungeons. But that also means some are being removed from F8/Daily Challenge...I forget which are going but I think it's Sandstorm and Brood Chamber plus one more.

It's not a "wrong opinion".

It's just that the selection of dungeons put into F8 is very arbitrary.

And honestly, quite horrible.

Stonescale Passage, Brood Chamber, Sandstorm temple...

They are the most boring dungeons in F8...

The Shadowmore, Starstone Mines and Ebondrake Lair have always had something different going for them.

1 hour ago, Cupidstar said:

That's re-hashed content that should stay dead.

And no, I didn't forget. I used Halcyon Hills as an example because it was the dungeon that was launched before Forest of Echoes, if I'm not mistaken.

Nope, it actually was Naryu Sanctum, and Naryu Sanctum was the only dungeon in the second Call to Arms that wasn't nerfed into Ultra Easy mode during it. Even Halcyon was nerfed to 50% it's normal HP values, but NS 2.0 was brand new (think it also came out during that CtA?) at the time. I do agree they should cool it on the rehashes though...either bring new mechanics or a different layout to the table or leave it dead. That's what I like about early FF14 dungeons...a good chunk had a 'harder' version at level 50, but you'd be facing new foes and often go down a different path then the original...that's what I'd like to see.

21 hours ago, DenialOfTruth said:

Nope, it actually was Naryu Sanctum, and Naryu Sanctum was the only dungeon in the second Call to Arms that wasn't nerfed into Ultra Easy mode during it. Even Halcyon was nerfed to 50% it's normal HP values, but NS 2.0 was brand new (think it also came out during that CtA?) at the time. I do agree they should cool it on the rehashes though...either bring new mechanics or a different layout to the table or leave it dead. That's what I like about early FF14 dungeons...a good chunk had a 'harder' version at level 50, but you'd be facing new foes and often go down a different path then the original...that's what I'd like to see.

I like your idea.

Add a secondary, optional path/phase, that's harder and adds mechanics to the bosses.

Like how Mushin's Tower floor 20 and Outlaw Island have.

This way, if you only want to do easy mode for the dailies, you can.

You can start a 2nd harder phase, which is basically the medium mode boss.
In medium mode, you can start the hard mode boss.