Forums

Low gold income on EU/NA Server

mesmer

Dear Support,

In the last 4 years, there was not a single time where I stopped enjoying Blade and Soul.
I've invested 4 years only in this one game, seeing its ups and downs, playing it almost every day and always having great fun.

However, the current state of the game and the direction that it is going in is nothing but frustrating. 

The biggest problem is the laughable amount of gold we generate in EU/NA. 

Let's first take a  look at how much gold is needed to upgrade accessories.
These  4 examples  show you how much saved up gold has been depleted from the Server Jinsoyun.
1'000'000g = Ring +20, Earrring +20, Necklace +20
950'000g = Ring +18, Earrring +18, Necklace +18
800'000g = Ring +18, Earrring +17, Necklace +18
700'000g = Ring +18, Earrring +17, Necklace +18

Look at the following spreadsheet to see how many attempts are needed to reach a certain stage with the probability of 50%, 90% or even 99% 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IN_JjoHsVABbUXd1P3U1d5aqbMq1M9ILbAjocD6wbhc/edit#gid=0

At a success rate of 50% which is considered to be VERY lucky you need about 180'000 gold total per accessory. 
However that's a lucky case and in reality it's more likely to require 300'000 gold to get to +20 accessories.
So it takes us about 1 million gold each semester to try and keep up  being "max gear".
At the current release speed of dungeons its even less then a semester to upgrade again.
At least that is the amount of gold needed for only accessories without adding the costs of weapon, soul, heart, pet and talisman, weapon/pet gems or ethereal vials.

And now for calculating the actual gold income from an active player like myself:
11 dungeons + 2 solo dungeons = ~240g/day (strongest character)
7 dungeons + 2 solo dungeons = ~120g/day (alt characters)
6 weekly dungeons = ~220g/week (every character)
5 weekly raids = ~1500g/week (strongest character/BM, IA, ET, VT and TT)
2 weekly raids = ~400g/week (alt characters/TT and VT)
Demonsbane rewards: 12'000g each month (assuming rank 2 in every ranking , average income would be WAY lower for most players) 

If I add everything together with my 8 characters, I make about ~13'600g each week.
That might sound like a lot, but the time invested for this gold amount is ridiculous.
I am playing every day roughly 5 hours and on the weekends up to 10 hours just to try and keep up my gold income.
And just to mention I am working full time next to Blade and Soul so every hour I am trying to earn gold I sleep less.

And if we add my gold up to the previous mentioned 1 million gold each semester.
(26 weeks x 13'600g) + (6 months x 12'000g) = ~425'000g

As you can see there is no possible way to upgrade everything with the amount of gold needed and effectively generated.
It starts to seem like there is no point in playing Blade and Soul if you can never reach "max gear" at all.

BUT... if we take a look at Korean Servers:
Kaebi ~1'000g/day (on each character)
11 dungeons + 3 solo dungeons = ~360g/day (strongest character)
7 dungeons + 2 solo dungeons = ~180g/day (alt characters)
6 weekly dungeons = ~320g/week (every character)
5 weekly raids = ~2400g/week (strongest character/BM, IA, ET and TT)
1 weekly raids = ~350g/week (alt characters/TT)
Demonsbane rewards: 12'000g/week AND 20'000g each month

If I add everything up taking my 8 characters above as an example I make about ~86'500g each week. That's ~540% more than we do on EU/NA server.
Lets now sum that up like above to a semester.
(26 weeks x 86'500g) + (6 months x 20'000g) = ~2'350'000g -> 5,5x the gold amount you can get in EU/NA.

Where is the faireness in that system? Do you really want us all to quit the game because you make it IMPOSSIBLE to progress in the game, reach milestones or achieve something?
I'm not a casual player at all, I want to keep up my max gear but it is completely impossible to do so without buying gold from external sources.

My wish and last hope for the EU/NA server would be to massively increase the amount of gold gained by completing a dungeon, for Demonsbane farmers add additional gold like 100 gold on each 41+ dynamic or something.
In general increase the gold that is generated on the server. There are no gold sources left to keep up progressing.
The game in its current state will soon come to an end when everyone realizes where the game is currently heading to: enjoy, progress, getting limited by gold income, beeing forced to buy gold for real life money from external sources.

As a last mention I have to talk about synthesis stones. KR requires 20 of them for accessory upgrades from stage +19 to +20 while we require 100? Excuse me? 
As a high ranked in  Demonsbane  you'd get 60 Synthesis Stones each week and ~15 per day from Forest of Echoes Dynamic.
That's ~165 Synthesis Stones each week. This has to be a joke to be able to upgrade 1 time with Synthesis Stones a week?

There is no reason to grind at all, because the rewards we get on EU/NA are way too low to make up the time spent. 
Myself  and many players are contemplating  quitting this game because of the reasons mentioned above above.

Dear community, what are your results/experiences so far regarding mythical accessories and the upgrade cost? 
Please NCWest, take care of that problem and dive into the issue @Greenstorm
Letting the things stay  the way they are will lead to many players quitting.

Best regards,
Mesmer

Edited by mesmer
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 15

+1 it's getting ridiculous how we're getting a way worse version than KR for no reason. KR had same gold issues even with more gold from dailies, and they quickly responded with Kaebi village within a month. WHY are we not getting same treatment? They want this region to be trash that much?

If they had no plans for Kaebi village at least should have lowered upgrading gold cost massively? But ofc not. Now it's too late.

• Like 9

we will get everything kr has atm but its gonna take so dam long until we get the village lets say gunner third spec will come around june then the rest we  will prolly get it at fall at that time the game in na will be gone 

Edited by PRrexoe
  • Like 6

Yeah it's ridiculous how we're always getting patches made worse compared to KR.
If we would even get everything 1:1 from KR sure, but we got 5x the fusion stone costs back during mythical accessories (from Uzume), we have 5x the synthesis stone costs and worst: nerfed gold everywhere and no Kaebi village coming, which was added in KR due to the huge gold sink which are the Demonsbane accessories.
I am 850k gold in for +17, +18 and +16. Others got to +20, +20, +20 with less than 350k, it's ridiculous how big of a difference being unlucky the required gold is.
Hell I'd be fine if every item would be like 400-500k fixed cost and guaranteed upgrades. But I absolutely hate hate hate how just a tiny bit of RNG makes the difference of more than 500k gold (which is more than 750€, since there is no way to farm this gold yourself as Mesmer already described in this post).

And honestly I have no idea what they imagined on making the heart upgrade costs suddenly 20 times more expensive retroactively and even for new players on the day of Lost Ark release. Are you really planning on giving players a reason to leave this game? There is no way to ever catch up for new players with this upgrade costs currently.

• Like 13

+1

It took me 292.525 to upgrade Ring/Earring/Necklace all to 17, and after that it took me 292.425 to upgrade Bracelet/Gloves/Belt all to 17.

Ontop of that is the fact that it required 1462 fusion stones which are harder to farm now aswell.

This is obviously not sustainable and shows a complete lack of forsight from NCWEST, I think it is quite apparant that they have given up on the WEST for bns at this point, I mean how else could anyone explain why they INCREASED THE HEART UPGRADE COST by multitudes the same day that the most hyped new mmo in quite some time was opening its servers (Lost ark).

We keep getting nerfed rewards in terms of Unity stones, gold and just really everything when they patch things over from KR, but our stuff still costs  the same to upgrade ????

If NCWEST is not intentionally killing off their game with these mooves, they need to seriously get someone that understand basic common sense and has any idea how the game functions to go over these patches we keep getting.

• Like 13

With gold being a very limited income, and with demonsbane upgrades having tiny chance to upgrade, even when playing heavily, on average we get enough gold to attempt only very few times to upgrade per day, and when they fail and countless days pass without a single upgrade it just feels awful.

Progression is no longer fun because it is mostly limited by daily/weekly quests gold, and trying to progress without knowing how many days it will take to get a single upgrade with rng upgrade system kills it even further.

• Like 10

People have been saying that the game is going to die soon for quite a few years already.

However, if ncwest doesn't take any actions regarding the blatantly dreadful issue we currently have with our gold income, I genuinely think the game will finally die for real in a short time. That's how serious this issue is.

But hey, maybe that's a good thing after all. That would mean we could move to a different game where its management actually knows what they're doing, knows the state of the game, listens to their players and comes with solutions for its problems! If only Blade&Soul could be one of those, but alas...

Edited by Shadowfury
  • Like 9

+1 now we even got new solo dungeon that gives us good amount of runes, but fusing them also eats a lot of gold we really need some better gold sources and good example for that would be kaebi village in KR.

Edited by t0pp34k
  • Like 3

I dont think they can do anything different.  They rush everyone to end game, and yet there is hardly any new content for it, and where there is it is not challenging it is only repetition.  Making you grind for gold is all they can do to keep the ever-dwindling base still here.  The formula has become old and stale.  The same with RNG.  The only challenge they can provide doesnt come with enough decent new content, it comes with having to do repetitive BS for a minor improvement.

Hi I agree with the here also 100%zu.Bin also so one of the here only bad luck has where others I sehs yes simply on it los plussen and it works with those wonderfully, with me of course not.Had 54 attempts necessary for an item only from plus 7 to 8.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mesmer said:

11 dungeons + 2 solo dungeons = ~240g/day (strongest character)
7 dungeons + 2 solo dungeons = ~120g/day (alt characters)

You can do Outlaw Island (~10g), Circle of Sundering (~8g) and Sanctum of the Masters (~18g + what you get in easy/normal/hard mode).

That should add a little more gold to your calculations.

Other sources of gold include Windrest (300% RNG) and Moon Refuge (you can get 5-20g per day, 400% RNG).

If you do crafting, you can craft Bloodstones, and make Pet Pods, which are worth about 300g.

You can have a bunch of alts producing materials to then channel into a single person, you can craft them in the background.

Just join The Forgekeepers and The Radiant Ring.

Edited by Cupidstar

Hello, thanks so much for your post, I agree.

I have played this game since launch, and now I've discovered that I will not be able to catch up anymore even if I spend all my time off work in BnS, because of this issue of bad RNG luck and not enough gold income. ( I have always tried to stay high gear, not max but very competitive) Also due to the RNG upgrades, I don't want to throw away any real money just to fail and fail and fail the upgrades. 

I failed 27 times to get one accessory to +6, I wish I would've recorded it as I think the chance of being that unlucky is like 0,3%. Anyway, lot of gold spend. (luckily other accessories only took around 10 tries to +6) Anyway, a while ago I tried to make one accessory +11, it failed 18 times and I used all my synthesis stones and ran out of gold too. All of that grind for nothing at all. And I don't feel motivated at all to continue to waste my time. People already might ditch me and take someone with like +15 or more accessories, in a game where dps is everything for those ranks. 

Also add a system for the unlucky, like if you don't get the stat you want on your accessory in 30 rerolls, just let us pick the one we want, other people most likely already got theirs in less tries. And for accessories, add a pity bar, like each fail adds +5% to the pity bar and when it's 100% we succeed. The amount we get pity each try could also depend on the success rate of the current stage. So that even the most unlucky have a chance of upgrading their gear.

Thanks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cupidstar said:

You can do Outlaw Island (~10g), Circle of Sundering (~8g) and Sanctum of the Masters (~18g + what you get in easy/normal/hard mode).

That should add a little more gold to your calculations.

Other sources of gold include Windrest (300% RNG) and Moon Refuge (you can get 5-20g per day, 400% RNG).

If you do crafting, you can craft Bloodstones, and make Pet Pods, which are worth about 300g.

You can have a bunch of alts producing materials to then channel into a single person, you can craft them in the background.

Just join The Forgekeepers and The Radiant Ring.

are you for real? he is already playing 10 hours a day (that's closing in on half of his life grinding in this game), he is running 8(!) daily trains with alt characters and then even 1 full daily train with his main and your solution is just to tell him spend even more time in the game for 80 gold per day for an additional hour of Outlaw Island with all his characters?
And at least in EU Pet Pods are also only 200g, not 300g and it requires 15g for Bloodstone Crafting and 25g Material costs, so that's 160g for a Pet Pod. And it's not like it's raining those Materials either and you need a looot of Pet Pods for your own gear already (189 alone from Square to Penta Pet Gems, 8x189 are 1,512 Pet Pods alone for one part of your gear).
Btw even if he would add Outlaw Island and Hong/Sanctum to the calculation the difference would still be the same since KR also gets more gold in those dungeons as well. Remember how they already buffed the gold reward, it was originally only a third of the current amount we have right now.

And for a more normal player not running 8x daily trains a day the calculation would be way different:
7 dungeons + 2 solo dungeons = ~120g/day (3x for me)
6 weekly dungeons = ~220g/week (3x for me)

in KR obviously people would run Kaebi on all characters since it's close to 1k gold per character, so:
Kaebi ~1'000g/day (14x since it'd obviously be the biggest income by far and it is autocombat in KR too, so not much work)
7 dungeons + 2 solo dungeons = ~180g/day (3x for me)
6 weekly dungeons = ~320g/week (3x for me)

EU/NA: 3,180g
KR: 102,740g

Now that's a waaaay bigger difference if you play the game more casually (and not grind half of your life in the game).

Btw Mesmer didn't calculate in the RNG gold boxes KR is also getting from the dynamics since they are RNG I guess, we don't even have those in EU/NA. They also get 1 Fusion Stone from every Daily Dungeon Quest, that's 12 Fusion Stones daily (and they also drop in Kaebi), we got 0 of them.

Edited by FriendlyFox
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FriendlyFox said:

are you for real?

No, I'm a ghost...

And at least in EU Pet Pods are also only 200g, not 300g

280-340g - check F5 next time.

15g for Bloodstone Crafting

Can be done in the background, while doing other things.

Also, the value is "less than 4g per day per 2 crafting guilds per character".

25g Material costs

Free materials you get from Soul Boost and dungeon boxes.

160g for a Pet Pod.

Not if you do the math correctly.

The most expensive part is the F5 fee for selling it.

But well, I'm just giving an idea on how to bump it up a little without any effort.

7 minutes ago, Shadowfury said:

@Cupidstar you're completely missing the point here, adding a little extra gold by playing the market solves literally nothing.

24 minutes ago, Cupidstar said:

But well, I'm just giving an idea on how to bump it up a little without any effort.