Heart upgrade

Lägêrtha

From the patch notes we can read:

Heart

Sacred Vial has been removed from the Heart Upgrade requirements from True Virtuous Heart up to True Dauntless Heart

Which is pretty much misleading statement. Sacred oils was not required, there was already path with Sterling Scales. So reality is that you simply removed 3 times cheaper upgrade path. Just to be clear what this change actually is. And doing so without even posting patch notes before the patch and giving players chance to upgrade before.

• Like 7

Of course they post this when maintenance is already running. So players can't upgrade in advance before it becomes more expensive. NC hopes to increase the money they get from NA/EU that way. At least I imagine that.

I already heared the rumor yesterday on alice's discord but i couldn't believe it. For me, I am already at true resolute heart but I won't bother upgrading it anymore.

Just speak with your wallet everyone and don't spend anything on this company anymore.

• Like 2

This is a major unmentioned change that was thrown at the community without any feedback. First off WHY are you gonna remove vials from hearts tiers? Unless sterling scale gets a better RATIO, it's gonna be way harder for playerbase to gear up. Currently 1:1 ratio when the scale inflated cost is around 4k gold, can we expect buffed droprates on those scales from demonsbane? Literally gonna ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ off the majority of players and Lost Ark is right around the corner Lmao.

• Like 3

The change to make it the only choice to upgrade with sterling scales is terrible, first the use of sacred vials becomes obsolete for heart. second, not all players can farm the sterling scales and even those that can, it has a very low chance to drop.

It was perfect like it was, being able choose between sacred vials or sterling scales up to true dauntless heart, but making it only upgradable with sterling scales will cause the same problem that etherial vials did to unity stones refinement/upgrade.

Edited by DyoxEvo
  • Like 1

They are just "No More Mr Nice guy" and are now changing out version to fit more into how the KR version plays.

Our version got a lot of special treatment in the past to ease the upgrading and farming.

But it seems it is all getting removed now

Edited by Uldrum

6 minutes ago, Uldrum said:

They are just "No More Mr Nice guy" and are now changing out version to fit more into how the KR version plays.

Our version got a lot of special treatment in the past to ease the upgrading and farming.

But it seems it is all getting removed now

Ok lets say that is the case, fine.

Why all other regions then have so much less bugs than NCWest, and even when they get some it gets fixed asap? How comes Russian publisher that is like on same patch progression stage as EU/NA can manage their game so much better?

So uh this change is very interesting.

Sterling scales are not even in F10 and yet your telling me you want  us to upgrade with this when there is about 5 scales in the store each well over 2k gold?.
I hope we also get a free to play way as new/mid tier players to obtain them without swiping or we legit can't upgrade our hearts anymore...?

Hope the scales become more obtainable or that this change will be reverted back to 1 patch before with a choice of upgrade.

• Like 1

I needed around 6 sacred vials to get True Resolute Heart (1-2 weeks to get that), now I need 20 Sterling Scale Fragments which means I need another 3-6 months to update (considering RNG aspect and my luck in this game).

There wasn't any warning BEFORE maintenance. If I knew that sacred vials will be removed from update path I will buy missing sacred vials via market. Now my heart sitting on Awakened Resolute Heart - Stage 3 and I'm sure it will be sitting on that stage very long time.

Replace relatively scarce item for more scarce item is great idea. Even whales now struggle to get some.

At least give chance to exchange some amount of Sacred Vials for Sterling Scale Fragments (idk 40 per account) so players who now sitting on awakened stage 3 or stage 2 are able to get True Heart.

And if ppl from NCSOFT thinks that I spend 250€ to get 20 Sterling Scale Fragments from Startstruck Event, then they really must be from another planet.

At this point I really thinking leave this game for good.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chibiki Z said:

Hope the scales become more obtainable or that this change will be reverted back to 1 patch before with a choice of upgrade.

In KR Heart has always been a 100% P2W item.

We just got a different path because NCwest has gotten special treatment for years.

But it seems like they are now reverting all that special treatment and we are now getting the same exact game as KR.

• Like 1

I really think more of the remaining player base needs to blow up the forums regarding these ridiculous changes. I see people complaining in the in-game chat but there's no GMs in the game so it's worthless. Bumping this because it really is a terrible change.

I've been farming Sub since release and have seen ONE single scale drop. I have farmed 41s over 200 times for sure by now and have farmed 51+ as well. These things are nowhere to be seen and other high geared players are not having any luck either. Hell, the loot in general at 51+ is trash and unrewarding. Thanks for the single pouch I can sell just to fail my upgrade anyways. Ridiculous. My heart needs 25 of these damn things but the drop rate is worse than winning the lottery at this point.

Now the heart change is screwing over people with lower gear as well. Honestly, never mind my heart because I'm at the latest tier anyways but how are people at the lower tiers supposed to upgrade now when the supply is non-existent? What the hell are they doing at NCSoft??? I have seen so many people with high gear quit this game in the last 2 months and some now just raid log. There will be no future players to do content with if they keep nipping them in the ass on their way to better gear.

Edited by Gengar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

Yeah, you can finally stare at the computer screen for 10 hours straight and 10 hours later you'll still be in the queue ^^ that indeed will be fun

Even BnS had queue time when it was first released in 2016 😄

3 hours ago, dannythenut said:

WTF!?! this scales are nearly imbossible to farm... you need hundreds for the heart and can farm 1 per week if you're ultra mega super lucky? WTF!!!! @Green Storm who have this super stupid idea?? nc soft: "heart is to easy to upgrade for midgame players... let it make imbossible!!!" 

its how to make a lot of money before the game dies because only way to get the Scales is use ur Creditcard to upgrade. They dont think about the Player only how we can get more money

• Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 11:46 AM, Snatchyy said:

Also with soulboost event, we only get 7 champion stones. Now they're removing vials, it will be so much more now to get true champion from soulboost.

yep already at lvl  65 of the sb and there are missing stones and i dont want to spend 3k  x2 for the next tier.