Is it that hard to fix Change Character disconnection?

Chimetsu

Waw, 1 week and no reply at all.

The moderator of the forum is not doing his/her job?

or we don't even have moderator anymore?

I mean, this is valid concern and a serious issue for the players.

50% chance of disconnection when changing character

• Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 2:33 AM, Chimetsu said:

We are waiting for an answer to this question for months. Moderators are just ignoring this problem and any question about, despite the fact that they have been tagged many times

Edited by Offy78
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 1:33 AM, Chimetsu said:

The moderator of the forum is not doing his/her job?

Lol... Really? You think 1 week is too much?

There are issues reported since 2016, at least, that still haven't been fixed.

One of those issues is disconnecting when changing characters.

They didn't fix it in 5 years. What makes you think they will fix it in 1 week?

On 1/8/2022 at 1:59 AM, Cupidstar said:

Lol... Really? You think 1 week is too much?

There are issues reported since 2016, at least, that still haven't been fixed.

One of those issues is disconnecting when changing characters.

They didn't fix it in 5 years. What makes you think they will fix it in 1 week?

Oh man, really?

This game doesn't produce a lot of $$ for the company and hence it doesn't have enough money to hire a good support system?

I mean, where are the responsive moderators like other games??

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 10:41 AM, Offy78 said:

We are waiting for an answer to this question for months. Moderators are just ignoring this problem and any question about, despite the fact that they have been tagged many times

Not even a word?

I don't know how to tag them.

But if you said they had been tagged many times and still didn't respond, that is super bad.

• Like 1

Becouse its not exakly games "problem"? and game crashes becouse of RAM stanby list increasing to much, more u have RAM the bigger stabil list, less u have more ofter its crashes programs. UE4 gives preload system so more RAM use, so faster and bigger RAM "standby" list. Go check internet, its like u blaming for what they just cant change.

2 hours ago, SamSalaBim said:

Becouse its not exakly games "problem"? and game crashes becouse of RAM stanby list increasing to much, more u have RAM the bigger stabil list, less u have more ofter its crashes programs. UE4 gives preload system so more RAM use, so faster and bigger RAM "standby" list. Go check internet, its like u blaming for what they just cant change.

So, you think 32gb RAM + 2 NVMe 1tb each is not enough? 😄 Well, seriously, it's not RAM problem, but 100% game problem.

4 hours ago, Chimetsu said:

Not even a word?

I don't know how to tag them.

But if you said they had been tagged many times and still didn't respond, that is super bad.

Yeah, not even a word.

To tag them, you type @ then you type moderator's nickname, then you select in the list.

I personally did it pretty everywhere where this problem is mentioned, but zero answer 😡

Well.... u know in standby lists was adding all files u akscesed, so if u downloaded 10 3 GB movie clips packs, sharing 10 GB archive with uTorrent, and running game, they all in it, until u gonna clear it by hand or until windows decide to do it, when I can't say. I restarted PC and I have 900 megabytes free memory even before I started BnS. Even more game won't started until I cleared Standby list, and I have 64 GB ram... And as u shud know each character changing adds about 0.5 GB to Ram standby list, check yourself. What adds raids its for u to look. So probably its Microsoft problem, or maybe they just won't care, they fink preload windows used stuff makes your work better after u started next time to. And u know... not lots people plays daily with 100 GB+ files, so maybe its not so important to them.

maybe this will be interesting for some users 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-releasing-standby-memory-when/874484bc-3c4d-4f0f-83ed-000e9dab971b

Edited by SamSalaBim

8 hours ago, Chimetsu said:

Oh man, really?

Oh yeah...

You only see people complaining now because the problem was harder to trigger before, but has always been there.

Probably they downgraded the servers in the background, when they changed to UE4.

7 hours ago, SamSalaBim said:

Becouse its not exakly games "problem"? and game crashes becouse of RAM stanby list increasing to much, more u have RAM the bigger stabil list, less u have more ofter its crashes programs.

No, the game crashes because it is as stable as walking over a river on a 300 years old rope bridge.

Memory usage is a huge issue, but Windows can deal with it.

Unless the game leaks memory, which is incredibly likely.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cupidstar said:

Probably they downgraded the servers in the background, when they changed to UE4.

I've been thinking about our server quality for a while now. I've always wondered why on day X I have more fps and better ping and on day Y I have less fps and worse ping and we don't even have many players. I also heard that koldrak does not lag like this in korea. Could all this koldrak lag and ping/fps instability be due to the crappy (if it is) server we have or is it just our client that's messed up? I just have this paranoidal feeling that we have the worst server they could get because of how worthelss our region is XD.

4 hours ago, Cupidstar said:

Unless the game leaks memory, which is incredibly likely.

This is also somthing that I've always wanted to know. UE3 1v1 was absolutely unplayable for me. After playing 3-4 matches the game would start freezing on using certain skills. I mean, not micro-freezes but a good 1 second freeze on each skill use. It's got better since UE4 but the problem is still there. People say it's due to memory leak. Is it so? If it is, does it need lots of work to fix? It just seems odd to me that they'd rather create stupid challenges from Squid Game instead of working on the real problems the game has. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SamSalaBim said:

Well.... u know in standby lists was adding all files u akscesed, so if u downloaded 10 3 GB movie clips packs, sharing 10 GB archive with uTorrent, and running game, they all in it, until u gonna clear it by hand or until windows decide to do it, when I can't say. I restarted PC and I have 900 megabytes free memory even before I started BnS. Even more game won't started until I cleared Standby list, and I have 64 GB ram... And as u shud know each character changing adds about 0.5 GB to Ram standby list, check yourself. What adds raids its for u to look. So probably its Microsoft problem, or maybe they just won't care, they fink preload windows used stuff makes your work better after u started next time to. And u know... not lots people plays daily with 100 GB+ files, so maybe its not so important to them.

maybe this will be interesting for some users 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-releasing-standby-memory-when/874484bc-3c4d-4f0f-83ed-000e9dab971b

When i play bns i don't download anything and nothing else running on my PC. Already tried restarting and tons of imaginable solutions. Personally i play since the first day of closed beta EU and never had this problem until the second week after ue4 was launched. A lot of people are in the same case, i would even say everybody. Everyone who plays like every day, and has like 14 characters and switching often,  experiencing disconnects, in best case once/day. Some days when i try to do Koldrak with 3 characters, i have 3/3 disconnects in a row, especially during the weekend. So I'm sure in my case the problem comes from the game and its servers, not from my PC.

36 minutes ago, Offy78 said:

When i play bns i don't download anything and nothing else running on my PC. Already tried restarting and tons of imaginable solutions. Personally i play since the first day of closed beta EU and never had this problem until the second week after ue4 was launched. A lot of people are in the same case, i would even say everybody. Everyone who plays like every day, and has like 14 characters and switching often,  experiencing disconnects, in best case once/day. Some days when i try to do Koldrak with 3 characters, i have 3/3 disconnects in a row, especially during the weekend. So I'm sure in my case the problem comes from the game and its servers, not from my PC.

just for the files, today I had only Windows system stuff in the background, I got 32gb DDR4-3600:

I just did a random single Koldrak run on my alts account, this was at 20:00 CET, a pretty busy time, it took about 5 minutes, I left thorugh portal, I decied to go for F8 for some snowballs and baaaang, Koldrak disconnect fun. Oh and this was the only toon I played at that time. I don't fell like upgrade to 128GB will fix anything to this issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belido said:

just for the files, today I had only Windows system stuff in the background, I got 32gb DDR4-3600:

I just did a random single Koldrak run on my alts account, this was at 20:00 CET, a pretty busy time, it took about 5 minutes, I left thorugh portal, I decied to go for F8 for some snowballs and baaaang, Koldrak disconnect fun. Oh and this was the only toon I played at that time. I don't fell like upgrade to 128GB will fix anything to this issue.

A very familiar situation. Often, when i'm kicked out on character switching during Koldrak time, i even can't connect back at all, until Koldrak time ends, if ever i try it keeps kicking me out on pin code 🤬

5 hours ago, Offy78 said:

A very familiar situation. Often, when i'm kicked out on character switching during Koldrak time, i even can't connect back at all, until Koldrak time ends, if ever i try it keeps kicking me out on pin code 🤬

That's because the session is still active in the server.

It takes about 5 minutes for it to "deactivate".

I know this because I used to have a weak PC that would crash the game every few months.

After it crashed, I couldn't login for about 5 minutes, saying the account is already logged in.

7 hours ago, Belido said:

I don't fell like upgrade to 128GB will fix anything to this issue.

Buying more RAM won't fix anything.

This is a server-side issue, not lack of memory in the client.

10 hours ago, Sophronia said:

I've been thinking about our server quality for a while now.

UE changed servers a while ago.

And with AWS, I think you can change the server performance on-the-fly.

It is very possible that they changed the server to the cheapest they could, and keep the CPU at 100% all the time.

(Which is usually bad, for many reasons)

I have no way to prove this.

I also heard that koldrak does not lag like this in korea.

Korea has the latest client and server versions, while we got some buggy offspring from an old version.

Apparently, many of the bugs we caught are bugs that have been fixed in Korea since the release.

This is also somthing that I've always wanted to know. UE3 1v1 was absolutely unplayable for me. After playing 3-4 matches the game would start freezing on using certain skills. I mean, not micro-freezes but a good 1 second freeze on each skill use. It's got better since UE4 but the problem is still there. People say it's due to memory leak. Is it so? If it is, does it need lots of work to fix?

From what I understand, it seems to be some bug in the client, where it doesn't properly release data after the match.

Everything is reloaded all the time, when you change from one place to the other.

Changing from the arena to the F8 should unload everything.

Probably there's some bug there, where it doesn't properly release the data.

A way to test this could be to disable texture streaming, and see how the game runs.

The game has lots of memory issues...

It just seems odd to me that they'd rather create stupid challenges from Squid Game instead of working on the real problems the game has. 

They would rather hunt down people's F2 images, and ban people with SFW F2 images, than to fix the game...

They would rather make the game more and more P2W than to hunt down on cheaters, even with evidence in front of them...

The game is being mismanaged, the community managers don't do anything, bugs that ruin the game and make it borderline unplayable are ignored and nothing will change...

One of those bugs is this ... The disconnects.

I do believe that the disconnects are 100% server-side.

Another disconnect-happy place is the last boss in Outlaw Island.

I disconnect a lot there, and when swapping characters.

Almost all bugs reported get lost in the ether or just ignored...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cupidstar said:

That's because the session is still active in the server.

It takes about 5 minutes for it to "deactivate".

I know this because I used to have a weak PC that would crash the game every few months.

After it crashed, I couldn't login for about 5 minutes, saying the account is already logged in.

Yeah, but it's like random, sometimes i can reconnect immediately, sometimes it takes more than 5 minutes, now i gave up and even don't try anymore but just wait kolrak time ends. This ### just drives me crazy.

11 minutes ago, Offy78 said:

Yeah, but it's like random, sometimes i can reconnect immediately, sometimes it takes more than 5 minutes, now i gave up and even don't try anymore but just wait kolrak time ends. This ### just drives me crazy.

I know, it's annoying...

But yeah, I don't see this being fixed anytime soon...

• Like 1