Koldrak AFKers

Injan

Beside koldrak being borderline barely playable due to server issues, lately there are plenty of afking people doing nothing.

Past 6 runs i've had to do around 20%+ of damage on each character: 

32% - archer 2.6k ap

24% - warden 2.2k ap

21% - gunner 2k ap

This is ridicullous as it takes between 4-6 min per run !

Like getting disconnected during switch wasnt problematic enough to do it on all characters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kurumi Blade said:

well, a lot of people crash so no dps, and other just afk cause otherwise they will crash and get nothing, i guess they r just trying to get at least the quest done, if koldrak was playable, that wouldnt happen, or at least not as much.

I rather think the event has attracted quite some leechers tbh...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Injan said:

Beside koldrak being borderline barely playable due to server issues, lately there are plenty of afking people doing nothing.

lol.. Half my runs i have to afk because pressing buttons does nothing... untill he does the tail swipe where i can maybe get 1 or 2 hits in. before the unresponsive skills kicks in again.

The games netcode is broken and Koldrakes is the prime example of where we see it break. Its depressing sitting there at the tail spamming buttons and nothing happens.

Edited by matthew

10 hours ago, matthew said:

lol.. Half my runs i have to afk because pressing buttons does nothing... untill he does the tail swipe where i can maybe get 1 or 2 hits in. before the unresponsive skills kicks in again.

The games netcode is broken and Koldrakes is the prime example of where we see it break. Its depressing sitting there at the tail spamming buttons and nothing happens.

yes sometimes it is just messed that way, I got that too sometimes. Most of the time it is rather similar like today, on main I did like 1/3 of the total DPS, it was a pita long fight, but right at the last 10% when it came to the kill reward all the lag must been suddenly gone and his last few % been gone in amazing speed.

• Like 1

I only see maybe 1-2 afk'ers in Koldrak and 99% of the time they're someone that does no damage. Literally no different than being a low dps that never picks up ice shards to increase the whole lobby's dps instead of selfishly trying to get a premium chest or last hit.

Almost every koldrak I do on my main, I never see the ice buff bars fill up at all because low dps alts never pick them up. Whereas on my alts, I'm always trying to pick 2 full stacks of ice shards per tail pushback because I know someone has higher damage than me and can get the dps'ing job done faster.

As for the OP of this thread, I say for you to watch your words and just make sure you're not one of those 2-3m dps alts that never pick up ice shards and complain about koldrak runs taking 4-6 minutes to complete.

Edited by Saxozone
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

That doesn't solve any problems, in fact it only causes more problems to the remaining X# amount of people, the more people goes AFK the more stress and annoyance it puts to those remaining trying to finish as many alts as they can during the limited time, I'm sure you wouldn't want to end up in a team where 11 of your team mates AFK while you're the only one doing the job, so if you have nothing better to suggest, it's a lot easier to go around the thread, then show low intellect/selfish solutions, no offence of course. Everyone of us are having skill delay problems in Koldrak, it's not just selected X# amount of people, but everyone is trying to do their best and clear as fast as possible and "not simply, eh I'll just afk why bother" solution.

Not everyone :).
I just give you solution for your imaginary problem, as almost noone is afking in koldraks, at least not the ones that I'm doing.

Edited by Smoq

1 hour ago, Smoq said:

Not everyone :).
I just give you solution for your imaginary problem, as almost noone is afking in koldraks, at least not the ones that I'm doing.

my 3rd run on alt today was a nice afk one again, probably as there was no super high DPS with us, I had aggro at 10kk DPS, it took ages and only 5 people been actively attacking. Then I took my time to run around area and stream it a bit to be able to check it after and yes all  the rest of that "raid" came gliding down to the NPC one after one a bit after the kill.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Belido said:

my 3rd run on alt today was a nice afk one again, probably as there was no super high DPS with us, I had aggro at 10kk DPS, it took ages and only 5 people been actively attacking. Then I took my time to run around area and stream it a bit to be able to check it after and yes all  the rest of that "raid" came gliding down to the NPC one after one a bit after the kill.

Seemes like you are unlucky.

8 hours ago, Saxozone said:

I only see maybe 1-2 afk'ers in Koldrak and 99% of the time they're someone that does no damage. Literally no different than being a low dps that never picks up ice shards to increase the whole lobby's dps instead of selfishly trying to get a premium chest or last hit.

Almost every koldrak I do on my main, I never see the ice buff bars fill up at all because low dps alts never pick them up. Whereas on my alts, I'm always trying to pick 2 full stacks of ice shards per tail pushback because I know someone has higher damage than me and can get the dps'ing job done faster.

As for the OP of this thread, I say for you to watch your words and just make sure you're not one of those 2-3m dps alts that never pick up ice shards and complain about koldrak runs taking 4-6 minutes to complete.

Here ya go if this makes your day any better.

https://ibb.co/qChLSjW

PS. image insertion function seems to not work... used 3 different sites none gets accepted........

PS2: beside reading tittle i'm pretty sure you'll be able to tell right away which video was recorded during the day and which during the night on the videos below, which only adds oil to the watter with how poor the servers are, not just in koldrak, there its just amplified.

1:

2:

Edited by Injan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Belido said:

it is like every 2nd or 3rd run, I usually just starting to look around when the stupid beast refuses to die and my alts are not that high DPS.

Oh, now I see the practice, one person was afk in my run... but he wasn't just afk, he probably was doing it on 2 accs ;)... so he was semi afk :D.

But still it was one person.

18 minutes ago, Smoq said:

Oh, now I see the practice, one person was afk in my run... but he wasn't just afk, he probably was doing it on 2 accs ;)... so he was semi afk :D.

But still it was one person.

I had something new too, on Alt, the few peaople on Koldrak just left after a while and left the 4 AFK ones behind, I joined the way back to server, sadly you are able to re-join Koldrak at this stage.

17 hours ago, Injan said:

Here ya go if this makes your day any better.

https://ibb.co/qChLSjW

PS. image insertion function seems to not work... used 3 different sites none gets accepted........

PS2: beside reading tittle i'm pretty sure you'll be able to tell right away which video was recorded during the day and which during the night on the videos below, which only adds oil to the watter with how poor the servers are, not just in koldrak, there its just amplified.

1:

2:

I got a chance to look at the videos and it really does seem like you're the only one even doing anything in there given that the framerate with everyone fighting koldrak is usually low and you were constantly around 40+ fps.

I'm not exactly sure if you're able to reenter a different koldrak after exiting an incomplete one. Since you do koldraks from alts given what you said already, then if you see the dragon's health higher than 75-80% after the first tail knockback, I'd advise to leave the dragon and go on another alt if you can since the average health range of the dragon on the first pushback is usually around 35-65% hp.

That's all I can really tell you, but it does suck. I had to leave a koldrak on my 2.3k bd alt as well a few days ago and I decided to do dragon on another alt as a result since I realized the damage was either too low or too many people afk'ing.

Edited by Saxozone

I ussualy get like 45+ fps in koldrak/raids and anywhere between 65-120 in normal dungeons, but stutters are caused by server, i know it might hard to see that in compressed video but fps difference is 6 frames between them.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 2:19 PM, Injan said:

32% - archer 2.6k ap

24% - warden 2.2k ap

21% - gunner 2k ap

This is ridicullous as it takes between 4-6 min per run !

Like getting disconnected during switch wasnt problematic enough to do it on all characters.

Then pursue NCWest to make Koldrak more playable and less people will AFK.

It's quite a shame that you need to fear crashing/DC out of koldrak and miss your daily because of it. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Amane said:

It's quite a shame that you need to fear crashing/DC out of koldrak and miss your daily because of it. 

Now you also have to fear that all acttive players leaving the fight and you left alone with a load of AFKers 😛

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Offy78 said:

To help whom and with what?

helping fight koldrak, rather than staying in the room up-top with Dokdan like I normally do. every time i go down and try to fight koldrak, i get disconnected.

when that changes, i'll stop "akf'ing". they can fix it, or they can take koldrak off the daily challenge, or they can leave things the way they are and i'll just keep doing what i've always done. joining in the fight is just not an option - it doesn't result in getting the daily done.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arcane Theory said:

helping fight koldrak, rather than staying in the room up-top with Dokdan like I normally do. every time i go down and try to fight koldrak, i get disconnected.

when that changes, i'll stop "akf'ing". they can fix it, or they can take koldrak off the daily challenge, or they can leave things the way they are and i'll just keep doing what i've always done. joining in the fight is just not an option - it doesn't result in getting the daily done.

You call it helping, but you're taking the place of someone who maybe could do some dps, so this is not help, but your role. I agree, the situation is very bad. But what happens when those who can fight and carry others start to leave seeing a slow decrease in hp? This is already happening. Will you stand there for 25 minutes or forever? Personally, I can do without a koldrak for dc, I have no serious problems during a koldrak fight, except for crashes when changing a character, I already have a gilded hexa garnet...  When I see several afk people, I quit. I just don’t want to do their job for others.

And, yes, the nc does its job badly, but if you look at the forum, you will notice that the vast majority of people are passive and wait for someone else to write about the problem instead. If more people complained, maybe the nc would react.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Offy78 said:

I can do without a koldrak for dc, I have no serious problems during a koldrak fight, except for crashes when changing a character, I already have a gilded hexa garnet... 

How fortunate for you that you don't have that problem, but that doesn't give players like me more options for dealing with it.

2 hours ago, Arcane Theory said:

How fortunate for you that you don't have that problem, but that doesn't give players like me more options for dealing with it.

I would be happy if no one had any problems in the game, but it seems NC will not fix the problem reported by 3 people only. This problem does not even appear in the list of known issues.  So instead of just standing afk, you also have an option to report the problem and insist till they fix it. More we are, more chances to get something. If you find it difficult to write threads, then at least support others by putting "likes".

Always report them when you see AFKers and Bots. They are set to take advantage of everyone else and only to benefit themselves from day one. They will not care for your game play either as they have tons of machines 24/7 non-stop farming and botting to get quest items, gold, exp, then sell in-game items or accounts for real-life currency. They exist everywhere in this world now but we can certainly fight back. Greedy human beings hide behind AI and cheat/automation mechanism to gain advantage for their existence.

I start to think that Koldrak instance is flawed from day one to these exploits. People have been using cheating macro scripts to gain top tier rewards amid overwhelming the server causing crashes. Maybe this instance can be re-imagined too to better serve real players base (not just the account-counts, which is probably the main reason this problem could happen and not easy to resolve in the first place).

If there are powerful whales killing Koldrak it will lag spike the map so a lot of people can't move and may look afk but those Koldraks are usually over in a few seconds.If no whales Koldrak can be slow but there should be nobody lag spiked then and they should be able to move.

Interesting also that really OP players seem to also even slow loading of Koldrak map where a couple times the load was very slow and i found Koldrak was actually dead all ready when i got on the map.But lag spikes can happen elsewhere too...you have to be careful on first MSP Turtle because you can get lag spiked there and miss hitting it.Usually helps to do some damage on map before Boss which seems to aid against getting lagged.