Blade & Soul - questions & feedback

Tachiibana

Hey,

I have some questions & feedback.

What did you aim to achieve with the new engine?

Hongjae Kim: Team Bloodlust’s goal was to improve the gameplay environment for our players by introducing a new engine.

This improvement led to removing the client lag issue, optimizing loading, enhancing graphics quality, and, most importantly, improving the internal development environment. In short, we’re going to do research and development to match the UE4 engine capabilities to offer better graphics that is more ”Blade & Soul” than the current one.

What do you think our players would enjoy most out of the update? 

Byungjoo Kwon: We hope our players will enjoy a smoother, higher-quality play after graphics improvement and optimization through the UE4 update.

I admit that "client lag issue", "optimizing loading" got better. But there is a problem. For me a big problem.

The graphic quality was improved, but not everythere. Like, when you click on details on costumes or F3, its kind of ugly and to shiny(attachment "1" & "2").

Demonsbane Update came on 9th of November. Story was very nice and cool, I love the Story of BnS. But why are many things in the Story is on low quality like ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤, when my Quality is at 5, like Mushin´s hands or other ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤(attachment "3").

There are so many graphic bugs since UE4(watch examples attachment "4","5" & "6").

I think, that NC is working on it. But.. my question is...

When can we expect to see changes? January 2022? 2023? 2024? I don´t need a Date, just approximately how long.

I though that UE4 will change the programming into better.

Now about Client. About Voice Over(VO).

Why it takes so long to repair the VO? I am really thinking to turn of the sound ingame. I selected german.

I dont want to hear "SO MUCH ANGER" in FOE (last boss) or other awkward sounds.

Accessoires path? Where?

Blade & Soul loses even more players. Why? Because of XML. Everybody know this. Fix this ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ Anti-Cheat pls.

• I want Pleb Black Moon(not the hard one) from Korea(nerfed). Just 2 times a week.
  • 4 warehouse slots,
  • use up several EXP Charms at the same time, I have over 800 Mil EXP Charms, dont want to use it singly

• Squid Game pls, Jesus. The first Event in BnS I would like to play hours. It´s the best Event from BnS ever.

There are so much other things, but dont want to write it all down. If you want, you can watch my trello:

https://trello.com/b/weXYTP2J/blade-soul-bugs-changes

Hope you don´t hate too much, thank you and bye.

I actually have a lot to say about this...

On 12/1/2021 at 10:47 PM, Tachiibana said:

I admit that "client lag issue", "optimizing loading" got better. But there is a problem. For me a big problem.

The "lag" was exchanged by unresponsive combat.

The "optimizing loading" was exchanged by things not loading properly, CTRL-F causes people's bodies to do not load, plenty of areas have all sorts of mixing textures and skyboxes and a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE amount of other bugs related to absolutely abysmal file loading.

Like, when you click on details on costumes or F3, its kind of ugly and to shiny(attachment "1" & "2").

That's a bug. Don't think they fixed it yet...

Demonsbane Update came on 9th of November. Story was very nice and cool, I love the Story of BnS. But why are many things in the Story is on low quality like ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤, when my Quality is at 5, like Mushin´s hands or other ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤(attachment "3").

There are so many graphic bugs since UE4(watch examples attachment "4","5" & "6").

Yup... This is what you traded the "optimizing loading" for.

No free lunches!

I though that UE4 will change the programming into better.

//content.invisioncic.com/w306168/emoticons/63.png//content.invisioncic.com/w306168/emoticons/63.png//content.invisioncic.com/w306168/emoticons/63.png//content.invisioncic.com/w306168/emoticons/63.png//content.invisioncic.com/w306168/emoticons/63.png//content.invisioncic.com/w306168/emoticons/63.png//content.invisioncic.com/w306168/emoticons/63.png

You really though it would improve?

TONS of things went backwards!

Worse than UE4!

Basic things such as ... MOVEMENT!

Accessoires path? Where?

They are still re-designing it for UE4.

Because the one from UE3 was functional, and they decided that UE4 was "good enough".

Enjoy something else that went backwards with UE4...

Blade & Soul loses even more players. Why? Because of XML. Everybody know this. Fix this ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ Anti-Cheat pls.

I already said what I had to say about this.

In short: you're wrong. Please no more malware. Please validate server-side, AS IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE SINCE 2012!!!

Hope you don´t hate too much, thank you and bye.

Nobody will hate you, as long as you don't cheat or leach or AFK.

You may be wrong, you may be right, but that's no reason to hate you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cupidstar wow you're nuts lol. I hate how the stutters in UE3 ate inputs, now it's gone now. I love how it is now because I can actually play the game now and not be frustrated lol

I dunno about the loading issue, its fine for me. Nothing is mix in with anything.

13 hours ago, Cupidstar said:

The "optimizing loading" was exchanged by things not loading properly, CTRL-F causes people's bodies to do not load, plenty of areas have all sorts of mixing textures and skyboxes and a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE amount of other bugs related to absolutely abysmal file loading.

I though that "optimizing loading" is Loadingscreen?

You really though it would improve?

TONS of things went backwards!

Worse than UE4!

Basic things such as ... MOVEMENT!

Not so much worse... FPS problems aren´t fixed. But better. Loadingscreen ist loading faster, and lot more..

They are still re-designing it for UE4.

Because the one from UE3 was functional, and they decided that UE4 was "good enough".

Enjoy something else that went backwards with UE4...

With a XML you can use STRG-I, it has UE4 design, but doesn´t work perfect.

I already said what I had to say about this.

In short: you're wrong. Please no more malware. Please validate server-side, AS IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE SINCE 2012!!!

Well, you are right. But it would be better than the current situation.

On 12/3/2021 at 3:25 PM, Metatime said:

Cupidstar wow you're nuts lol.

Thanks bro...

I hate how the stutters in UE3 ate inputs, now it's gone now.

Yeah, I know about the stutters. Yes, they are gone. That changes nothing.

I love how it is now because I can actually play the game now and not be frustrated lol

Yeah ... Try having a ping of 40-60ms in Europe, then we talk...

I dunno about the loading issue, its fine for me. Nothing is mix in with anything.

Good thing you admit the limits of your knowledge.

It's very simple to reproduce one of many issues:

1. Go to Sandstorm Temple
  2. Kill all the monsters until the first boss
  3. Trigger the boss
  4. Escape
  5. Take the portal
  6. DONE! You triggered one of many loading issues!
    Also, enjoy the missing door.

On 12/3/2021 at 4:43 PM, Tachiibana said:

I though that "optimizing loading" is Loadingscreen?

Yes, but stuff do have loading bugs anyway.

You can often see bad quality textures after loading.

Those won't be fixed at all, and will stay in bad quality all the time.

There are also issues with loading the body of hidden characters, in which you press CTRL-F to show them and they show as a bodyless head.

Not so much worse... FPS problems aren´t fixed. But better. Loadingscreen ist loading faster, and lot more..

But the most basic and most important things are worse than they were in UE4.

With a XML you can use STRG-I, it has UE4 design, but doesn´t work perfect.

Yeah, because it's unfinished in UE4.

They started re-designing but launched UE4 before finishing it.

Well, you are right. But it would be better than the current situation.

Trust me on this: it won't be better.

It will be the same.

Client-side stuff can be bypassed.

May take 1 minute or 2 years, but it will eventually be bypassed.

• Like 2