New player

Maximus Magnus

Got no tips to give, but i can just warn you about one thing ; this game is full of cheat actually, a level you cant imagine.
You shoud care about the time you invest.
I'd like someone told me that when i started.

Enjoy the best mmo gameplay actually existing.

This game builds on reaction times and fast gameplay. Your ideal class depends on your playstyle. This game has a few dedicated tank classes, but all of them can do the work. Other than that, everyone is a self healing dps, so that's nice.

Personal quick summary of all of the classes:

Assassin - can go to stealth, great mobility, has a party protection, melee
Blade master - tank, has party protection, nice mobility, melee
Destroyer - immovable object, spin to win, has many cc, party protection and a grab, melee
Force master - ranged dps, has grab on fire talent, party protection on ice talent, good cc resist on lightning talent (fire is the best atm), good overall mobility

Kung fu master - tank, immortal, can turn into a wolf on 3rd talent tree, melee, woof woof

Summoner - has a useful cat which can resurrect ppl while you can still dps and survive, can res the whole party by sacrificing the cat while the summoner is also dead, has party protection and some party heal, ranged

Blade dancer - has party protection, similar to blade master but it can spin to win too, on 3rd spec can summon a samurai ghost which helps with cc-ing, melee

Warlock - ranged dps, has party enhancing buff (soulburn), can summon a demon which only exist to stun, and give movement speed buff and explode, 3rd spec abandons the demon and uses a scythe with nice mobility, 2nd spec is also an immovable object, ranged

Soul fighter - mix between kung fu master and force master, has both ranged and melee skills, has an instant party res and some party heal

Gunslinger - easy to learn ranged dps with high mobility

Warden - tank, also an immovable object, easy to learn, has two hp bars and needs no mana but uses own hp for spells, but the lifesteal is so strong you wont even notice the hp drain, melee

Zen archer - ranged dps with high mobility

Astromancer - ranged dps, throws stars at you, has party enhancing buff (polarity), nice looking skills

Dual blade - 1st spec is insane melee dps, but only if hp is below 30%, hard to learn and survive; 2nd dps has lower dps but has nice skills, doesnt need to be on low hp

Warden or gunner is good for newbies but dont be afraid to try harder classes, all of them are fun to play.

What to do?
Finish all story missions (they will give you a nice starting gear), then finish all orange quests too, they open raids. Scarlet conservatory, Steelbreaker and Seprent's den orange quests are not soloable, but if you can enter the raid then it's okay. Emperor tomb orange quest is tricky, you go into the raid, talk to Yuna inside, then you have to go outside and talk to the girl who teleports you to the solo version of the boss.
Do all orange quests, they give you skills and increase stamina.
If you reach lv 60, do Koldrak (epic challenge icon bottom left corner), it's not always available, only for 10 minutes every 3 hours. The daily quest is worth it. Also dont stand in the lava:D
F8 is dungeon lobby. After you finish the quests, try to do as many dungeons (on easy mode) as you can for the daily quests and daily challenge. Also dont forget to pick up the weekly challenges too! (all weeklies except for the red ones, they are for 6v6 pvp which is trash)

Cheaters are  present and pretty open about it. There is no anticheat... Ppl use damage enhancing cheats and justify it by saying "i lag" or "i have huge ping" even if they dont, but it wont really affect you in any way, so don't worry about them.

I've been playing bns almost since launch and I'm not planning to stop. It has enjoyable gameplay.
Have fun:D