Still unable to do dungeons on characters that completed story before Blade & Ghoul Patch

Potatomonstar

@Hime

As the title states we are not able to do any dungeon content via LFP from ST and up on characters that completed the last Act before the current update. The story rewards were updated but my characters are still sitting on Exalted 3 and all of the old story equipment. Are there any plans to address this because it seems like a major oversight. At the moment it seems like the optimal thing to do is to literally delete these characters and start over.

5 hours ago, Potatomonstar said:

@Hime

As the title states we are not able to do any dungeon content via LFP from ST and up on characters that completed the last Act before the current update. The story rewards were updated but my characters are still sitting on Exalted 3 and all of the old story equipment. Are there any plans to address this because it seems like a major oversight. At the moment it seems like the optimal thing to do is to literally delete these characters and start over.

Yeah, I wonder about the same issue and hope it will solve with the next story update. 

2 hours ago, Potatomonstar said:

This would solve the issue yes. Right now I have 2 characters that cannot do Dungeons via F8 LFP. On 2 other characters I had to pull mats away from my main to upgrade their weapons to Dragon Forge 3 which is worse than the Grand Celestial 3 that the story drops.

You do know Dragon Forge 3 is PVP ? Riftwalk 3 is most likely stronger. Its not expensive to get to Shadowforge 3 maybe 400Gold or something and mats but if you run with multiple chars you probably have the mats.

Its sad the game doesnt explain all the dungeon related things well to new players so heres a heads up guys - you can literally take off your weapon and still do every dungeon from F8 lobby. All you have to do is go to F8 lobby, select the dungeon you want to enter and instead of clicking LFP which is greyed out you just enter alone. Once you are inside you just click the icon i highlighted in the picture below and voila you can now do any and every dungeon you want.

05ca8c1b1b8bc4ba8938703405ba408b.jpg

5 hours ago, Chunin said:

Its sad the game doesnt explain all the dungeon related things well to new players so heres a heads up guys - you can literally take off your weapon and still do every dungeon from F8 lobby. All you have to do is go to F8 lobby, select the dungeon you want to enter and instead of clicking LFP which is greyed out you just enter alone. Once you are inside you just click the icon i highlighted in the picture below and voila you can now do any and every dungeon you want.

05ca8c1b1b8bc4ba8938703405ba408b.jpg

I'm aware of this, but it doesn't justify not letting characters have the bare minimum story gear. Because that incentivizes deleting and remaking the character

5 hours ago, lillvargen said:

f you have a character you feel can't lfp in f8, gear up before you do then

Idm people having lower gear, but at least show you are willing to gear up

People can't gear without doing raids and dailies.

People with low gear can't do dailies, so, can't participate in events, therefore can't gear at a proper speed...

On 10/13/2021 at 8:19 PM, Potatomonstar said:

@Hime

That's only to lfp into a dungeon party which is almost unheard of since practically all of the recruiting gets done by joining a party that gets posted in the dungeon lobby, not lfp'ing into one in the dungeon lobby.

With how dungeon recruiting works in NA and has been working for awhile, then not being to lfp into a dungeon will only be an issue if you happen to want to join an in-progress party.

I agree that they have to rework lower gear progression since they actually made it harder to upgrade your weapon in certain ways despite being able to get to gc3 fairly easily if you do Koldrak and Mushin Tower Floor 7 everyday to eventually get you storm dragon 9 weapon and get gc3 from there with one upgrade.

Edited by Saxozone

13 hours ago, Saxozone said:

That's only to lfp into a dungeon party which is almost unheard of since practically all of the recruiting gets done by joining a party that gets posted in the dungeon lobby, not lfp'ing into one in the dungeon lobby.

With how dungeon recruiting works in NA and has been working for awhile, then not being to lfp into a dungeon will only be an issue if you happen to want to join an in-progress party.

I agree that they have to rework lower gear progression since they actually made it harder to upgrade your weapon in certain ways despite being able to get to gc3 fairly easily if you do Koldrak and Mushin Tower Floor 7 everyday to eventually get you storm dragon 9 weapon and get gc3 from there with one upgrade.

In EU for Easy Mode dungeons most people just lfp, so it is still an issue. Recruitment is usually just done for normal or hard mode.

Regarding the progression: Why should you farm Martial Token to get a weapon that is worse than the one you get from story now?!

GC3 should be made available for 5 Naryu Silver from Junsorei and the weapon for martial tokens should be upgraded to GC9 or Thornbreaker 1.

8 hours ago, Baldi said:

In EU for Easy Mode dungeons most people just lfp, so it is still an issue. Recruitment is usually just done for normal or hard mode.

I play in EU mainly, last event I also did some dungeons with my US alt. And so I can say, there is a major difference with the use of LFP in F8 (easy mode). In EU you usually get your ranks filled quickly or at least in a few minutes, on US server you can try LFP  for ages and be happy if you find a single one to join, as everything is done in recruit chat before entering.  Lesson learned-

I have a character that is HM24 who used to be able to solo most of the dungeons up to BT.  Now I can't begin to make it through most of them -- even on  'easy' I can't dent them having 1000 times my hits before some timer runs out.

Even on SSP -- I've been able to kill the hairy big mid-bosses since HM16.  Now with an HM24 I can't even dent their hits.  Is this intentional?  All bosses have hits in the hundred-millions?  

Also it seems there was a huge inflation factor added to prices -- but not to quests for beginners.

Also I'm running into quests like the shopping one in Jadestone -- that are beginning level quests, but that I can't complete until I am level 35-36?   Can't even check the market, forget trade -- if I could just check market, I think that quest would be done.  

Other prob -- I noticed there was no one in faction chat in crims, so I wanted to switch to Ceru.

I haven't been able to get together the new price for the costume, so am shut out of faction quests.

One might think some of these issues are not related -- but they are -- the costs for doing things have all all been raised, but now am not getting money or items that I used to get as a beginning 

character.  Used to get a gem out of the 'how-to-socket/unsocket' quest -- now, it evaporates.

Trying to start a new character is harsh.  I also tried with a lvl60 boost in DB - still very harsh, since

no training in F12 for new characters, and no quests to learn your class with Hunjoon.(sp)?

Sorta looks like UE4 was rushed to release w/o testing, and full completion -- like there were

contractual requirements?  There seem to be so many fewer people from a few months ago.

37 minutes ago, Nicolee said:

Sorta looks like UE4 was rushed to release w/o testing, and full completion -- like there were

contractual requirements? 

Thats the case for EU/NA. We dont have anyone to test the updates before patchday but KR is testing them for their own gameversion. Since our patches are specifically made for us thou there is no testing for us at all.

37 minutes ago, Nicolee said:

There seem to be so many fewer people from a few months ago.

Even tho some might let it sound like i am alone with my oppinion here in forum but thats mostly due to the HP increase in dungeons and the addition of normal mode.

Since every geared player and their grandma do hardmode or easy mode there is litterly no way to progress after you managed to get the easy mode gear simply cause you wont find groups for Normal mode unless you search manually. Alot of players me included enjoyed this game cause you could go F8 and press LFP to run everything but thats no longer the case.

At this point i am only here to log in sometime and do some pvp.

On 10/21/2021 at 11:41 PM, FeuchterLyn said:

Even tho some might let it sound like i am alone with my oppinion here in forum but thats mostly due to the HP increase in dungeons and the addition of normal mode.

The HP increase in the dungeons is outrageous -- I can't complete the 1st Boss in any of the mid dungeons, like Naryu Sanctum or Rakesh -- couldn't get them below 90% before a timer went  off.  

But when I say I don't see many people, I mean from the number of people standing around chatting and socializing in places like the 1st village -- jadestone.  or even in faction chat.   About 1/5 - 1/6th the numbers hanging around chatting.

I didn't even get to looking to go with a party cept maybe once and the did the LFP thing in Normal and had 5-6 in party in 30-40 seconds, but that was for the 3-4 lowest on the dailies.

On 10/21/2021 at 11:41 PM, FeuchterLyn said:

Since every geared player and their grandma do hardmode or easy mode there is litterly no way to progress after you managed to get the easy mode gear simply cause you wont find groups for Normal mode unless you search manually. Alot of players me included enjoyed this game cause you could go F8 and press LFP to run everything but thats no longer the case.

I rarely did LFP -- it was either looking for who was doing a specific dungeon, or leading a party myself on one of the lower dungeons -- but I only did that if I could solo or almost solo those.  I'm not even close to soloing any of the dungeons available from F8 now, so no more parties for me.