remove kodrak or bring back ue3, this is unplayable

Ether Retsu

7 hours ago, Cupidstar said:

Which didn't happen with UE3.

I play since 2016, and the only changes to my gameplay are when NCSoft butchers skills or simple mode.

In UE3, everything was mostly fine for me, but now it is barely responsive.

Actually yes it did happen, I know from experience that it indeed was the case in UE3 as well and even worse than now and I've been playing for at least 4 years.

In ue3 every time im in a group it lags like crazy and everything is unresponsive. Especially with high geared people who do over 30m dps. Now in ue4 that issue is gone completely.

Some skills feel unresponsive because everything is serversided which gives you even less time to react than what you would normally have to button presses such as F roll. Everything in your screen does not happen in real time, it is slightly delayed based on your latency. So if you try to change anything in your normal combo moves and do a dodge move or something else instead, you have to take into account the latency. That's normal.

7 hours ago, Cupidstar said:

Same values as I had with UE3, but now it feels like I'm playing at 600-700ms, instead of feeling like I play at 120ms (with autobias enabled).

If it really feels like playing with 600ms, there is indeed a problem somewhere and since not everyone has these problems it is safe to say it is not just the game. If it was, every single player would suffer from these same issues you have. Also I know exactly how high lag feels like as I have played games where closest server is in NA and im in northern part of europe and I can say there is -none- in bns atm. Not even in UE3 did I have that much issues. Only when in high dps party or raid.  At least for me. Apart from koldrak  but it's nowhere near as bad as it was in UE3 where I could get frozen for 10 seconds straight but that's just the server capacity reaching it's limits clearly and getting throttled.

Are you perhaps describing a different type of lag? Notably input lag. AMD control center software includes frame pacing analyser. It reports frametime inconsistency as high as 70+ms sometimes. 60fps = 16ms / 14fps = 70ms input lag.  Theres usually 1 spike every 2 seconds of varying intensity no matter what your fps is or where you are ingame.

Don't know what changes has been applied with UE4 on Koldrak instances, but it's ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ laggy (ping/packets/netcode, not about the fps, the fps are rockstable). Only UE3 version (server version, coz I dont think client would have this much impact ...) of koldrak was smooth as ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RinDman said:

Don't know what changes has been applied with UE4 on Koldrak instances, but it's ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ laggy (ping/packets/netcode, not about the fps, the fps are rockstable). Only UE3 version (server version, coz I dont think client would have this much impact ...) of koldrak was smooth as ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ... 

un-modded UE3 client was becoming a stuttering lag hell at the end.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RinDman said:

Never modded since I got my ryzen 5000, problem solved by meeting the real "requirement" 😂  

2 weeks ago i thought my ryzen 3600 was enough.. but obviously not anymore..

BnS updates makes hardware obsolette so fast man.. Maybe i need Windows 11 and a rocketlake to escape the lag being prepared for next months update.

On 10/14/2021 at 9:04 PM, 200IQ said:

Bcz 80% if not more of all players use Xml and Gcd. And don't you dear tell them thats the reason. Bcz you will get 5 pages of reasons on how its their right to use it and why its good for them to do so. 
Ps: It is Ncsoft fault for allowing Xml / Gcd That part is true.

You are messing with your own argument(s).  You claim using XML and GCD are cheating, but you also say 80% of the community are using them, then how do you define cheating?  Isn't cheating using something to obtain an advantage over the rest that the rest can't get?  

If the game allows something, and has allowed it for

years, but 20% of the players say it shouldn't be allowed because it is cheating, why would (or should) devs listen to a vocal minority?  If 80% are playing with a feature that ncsoft allows, why aren't you using it?  I.e. if it has been there for years and the devs don't "fix it", maybe they think it isn't a cheat?  Maybe it is a local customization option that you are refusing to use, but are being very vocal about in hopes they will make 80% of the players unhappy by banning the feature(s)?

If the majority (4:1) want to use it, and the devs allow it, then why should it be considered cheating?

On 10/13/2021 at 6:11 PM, LynMasterRace said:

Same. I don't think they can fix it because everyone that works at this company has no idea what they're doing.

They should hire you, you seem to know better then them, you could fix all the issues in no time! right?

12 hours ago, Nicolee said:

You are messing with your own argument(s).  You claim using XML and GCD are cheating, but you also say 80% of the community are using them, then how do you define cheating?  Isn't cheating using something to obtain an advantage over the rest that the rest can't get?  

If the game allows something, and has allowed it for

years, but 20% of the players say it shouldn't be allowed because it is cheating, why would (or should) devs listen to a vocal minority?  If 80% are playing with a feature that ncsoft allows, why aren't you using it?  I.e. if it has been there for years and the devs don't "fix it", maybe they think it isn't a cheat?  Maybe it is a local customization option that you are refusing to use, but are being very vocal about in hopes they will make 80% of the players unhappy by banning the feature(s)?

If the majority (4:1) want to use it, and the devs allow it, then why should it be considered cheating?

Sure we can argue ... Even if technically the servers allow fast opening/spamming request. I don't think any sane dev would think it's normal ... I would consider this as ddosing my services ... You can see how EU's load balancing is inexistant on koldrak peak hour ? Just by switching alts/logging, it's making the authentification servers close to crashing, but also items' servers, what's next ?

About the gcd, it's a cheat/abnormal thing when there's the calculator for adjusting it for ppl having high ms ... You gain so much DPS for CM ladders and solo dungeon or TOI timer ... So we must cheat/pay someone who making third party tool ? NCWest/NcKr you should add that for your premium service LUL

Another example on another game like Naraka :  People with high ms from cross-region, if their first hit of the combo-spam connects, you are dead ... You can't break/place anything between you the boss and them. Same thing is happenning on raid you still "feel" the input lag on raid again.

So UE4 free your fps, but not your inputs ... And I have the spam twice or more/break my mechanical keyboard to register my skill inputs ...

Same ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ happened to me on ARENA, but it's so dead and only hmc farmers ... But I may have packet loss, ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ happens probably ...

The game tickrate should be fixed and not allowing that ... Buts KR are too lazy to do  a proper job when porting to UE4. It almost they didnt touch anything on the server side netcode

I love selfish people who loves ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ blocking the other just for the ego meters 😕

• Like 1

• Rynara changed the title to remove kodrak or bring back ue3, this is unplayable
  • Hyunkel locked this topic