remove kodrak or bring back ue3, this is unplayable

Ether Retsu

ue3 the most trash experiences i had ue4 its 10/10 so stop talking creaps guys about ue4 was the best optimization they ever did , nothing will be 100% perfectly but apreciate there work for ue4 cause its really playable on raids and dungeons and most of the ppls i asked they are saying the same. Just patience

Edited by xRizzex

UE4 is only the client ... But dev never promised to optimize server+netcode 🤡

@Himewe still have no reply from servers load balancing issues ... NA seems to be less impacted from peak hours problems ... Are you going to fix or add more delay for people spamming changing characters ?!

Edited by RinDman
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Shekinah said:

UE 4 was an improvement but there are still many issues within the game. So, I wouldn't call it a 10/10.

They wasted the opportunity to truly fixing stuff.

UE4 fails in being in parity with UE3.

Almost all issues from UE3 still exist in UE4, but they added new ones!

BnS has issues that were fixed (in many games) way back before Windows 95 was a thing.

There's bugs related to sound cards (If a sound card has an apostrophe in the name, the settings reset).

Now, there's even MORE bugs related to sound cards (you get 0-1FPS if the game decides to use your VR headset sound card)!!!!

UE4 is a downgrade in almost all aspects.

It did update the engine, which is good.

It did fix problems with unstable performance.

But for more stable performance, we're met with so many bugs that it isn't even funny.

Just try to press CTRL+F, get in a dungeon, wait for people to be around you and press CTRL+F again.

Laugh at those bodyless heads floating everywhere.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RinDman said:

netcode

https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en-us/game/unreal-engine-4-update

We've broken limitations of previous engine and now introducing a refined game performance with less lag and more definition for your pure enjoyment.

NQgsVts.png

In short, they advertised less lag.

All they did was to divide the ingame ping by 2.

It works a lot worse than UE3.

• Like 1

Just now, claudiu20112011 said:

Literaly when koldrak is up we get masssive delay on skills, dc's when changing characters , connecting take 1-2 min after dc... pls fix this is so anoying.

Same. I don't think they can fix it because everyone that works at this company has no idea what they're doing.

• Like 2

i like the game, but game is now like alpha test to me, they didnt even repair dat camera stuck when dragon portal in dat event stupid dung. its been already a month since ue4, every second post on forum is about bugs, or issues, yet nothing happens here. Can they only puts some p2w love to f10?? I am really dissapointed with this game right now. Yet i love to play it.

• Like 1

I'm not trying to sayUE4 does not have it's problems...but some of the above mentioned issues may be related to individual PC performance. Most of the complaints about UE4 seem to be from a  very vocal minority with most people I have spoken with and run content with praising the increase to performance. Less DCs, better performance nearly everywhere, and all without the need to delete all the localization files to make the game playable.

One of the things to account for is the increased strain on your GPU with UE4 whereas the old version relied heavily on the CPU. Try lowering resolution settings and shadow rendering along with the rest of the frivolous graphics settings if you are having performance problems. 

Koldrak runs much better than it used to for me. Still completing the daily on 3-4 characters when it pops up.

Just another perspective on the matter 😕

I am going to concur with the above.  My system is ten years old, running an x58 mobo.  It runs an overclocked x5680 xeon chip.  I upgraded the gpu to a fairly inexpensive gtx1660 super.  TBH honest, UE4 runs just great, and far better than ue3.  Even Koldrak is far more playable.  If I can get great gameplay on this system and you can't, then its very likely you need to upgrade or something else on your system is wrong.

I actually saw a much higher GPU usage in UE3 with d912pxy.

I see 50-80% GPU usage now, when I would see 70-100% GPU usage in UE3.

Also, the FPS on an almost empty area was always 120fps, while now it doesn't touch 100fps...

However, the FPS in combat are more stable without having to use CTRL+F to get more than 40fps.

The RAM usage is also a lot better, but there's still really really really bad memory issues that still exist from UE3.

13 hours ago, Ether Retsu said:

everytime game lagged, always dc, when u can't repait it, then remove this crap already, i am sick of this crap for the god sake. UE4 is biggest joke here. Yes, its pure hate topic

UE3 koldrak was like 1-2 fps at most.

It's very playable now in UE4, no stutters, no freezes.

People that agree that UE3 has to come back because Koldrak is unplayable due to server lag are people that have no idea what kind of HELL UE3 was. As said above, you might not have had server lag that much, but instead you had 1-2 fps, like that was a good time. You've no idea and a lot of you probably have only played UE4 thinking it cannot have been worse in UE3, but believe me and others, it was a lot worse.

13 hours ago, Cupidstar said:

https://www.bladeandsoul.com/en-us/game/unreal-engine-4-update

NQgsVts.png

In short, they advertised less lag.

All they did was to divide the ingame ping by 2.

It works a lot worse than UE3.

Sure less lag and by lag I mean the real ping not just the simple cmd "ping" to the servers ... When servers's performances are worse and your client can't even calculate the waiting/choking or packet loss, the displayed ping value is a fraud 😕 Try to raid with gcd players/cheaters/abusers, same ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ happens ... Maybe not the FPS but the gameplay/responsiveness is definately still affected by that ...

At UE3 Koldrak peak hours, even if the fps is shitty sometimes, the responsiveness was rockstable/smooth and people were still changing characters with their bots, no problem ... So yeah they need to improve the load capacity of the servers or keep improving the netcode for the load ... OR remove the gcd auto bias since we have stable ping right ?

Edited by RinDman
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 6:21 PM, Ether Retsu said:

everytime game lagged, always dc, when u can't repait it, then remove this crap already, i am sick of this crap for the god sake. UE4 is biggest joke here. Yes, its pure hate topic

Bcz 80% if not more of all players use Xml and Gcd. And don't you dear tell them thats the reason. Bcz you will get 5 pages of reasons on how its their right to use it and why its good for them to do so. 

But if you use a little bit of logic and think of it a bit. 
Kr have x4 servers, if someone use xml it won't be noticeable probably. 
NcWest have x1 server. 

Now with that math we take some assuming numbers just to make a point. That NcWest have around 2-3k players + Alts. 
When koldra happens, almost every player do it. And right after they killed first dragon they log their alts. 

Now what will happen to a server if all players log in / log out different characters at the same time. 
Its not hard to figure out right? 

You could say its like open the doors to a store on black friday. 
Simple math. And adding to that xml / gcd users. 

I get that you are sick of it and a lot of players are. But most things are actually not the games fault. Its the community. 
And the community hate to admit it. Bcz you know arguments like
''i wouldn't use xml if ncsoft fixed their game'' 
''i need it bcz i can't play without it bcz my iq is below 55'' 
''i have always used it'' 
''i can only install the game with bns buddy / multitool'' 
''if the trash company allowed us to customize the game we wouldn't use xml'' 
''i need to skip cut scen, and im to lazy to press Esc'' 

And soo on, i think you get my point. 
It would be easier for the server if people played normally but why would they. 

''If there is a way to cheat, will some people always do it''
-Sherlock holmes 1855. 

Ps: It is Ncsoft fault for allowing Xml / Gcd That part is true. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 3:21 AM, Ether Retsu said:

I think your best bet is to reduce shadows in graphics settings and CNtrl + F and CNtrl + G to hide both other players and their animations. this somewhat helps for me

8 hours ago, 200IQ said:

Bcz 80% if not more of all players use Xml and Gcd.

Made up stats to make a wrong point?

You do realize that people were actually hacking on UE3, and Koldrak didn't had issues, right?

This point is absolutely disingenuous...

The same servers are used for UE3 and UE4.

The problem with Koldrak, from my observations, is that they removed the 2 phases where you had to spam space.

And something, on the server side, starts to go south when there's too many persons, and then the boss tries to get into the 2nd phase, even though it isn't supposed to.

This causes the boss to do not take hit damage, but take damage from the mechanics that were removed.

THIS IS MY THEORY, and you can verify it yourself.

But regardless of you agreeing or not with me, your claims that editing an XML file or removing GCD for all skills causes this is absolutely bullshit.

56 minutes ago, Cupidstar said:

problem with Koldrak, from my observations, is that they removed the 2 phases where you had to spam space.

And something, on the server side, starts to go south when there's too many persons, and then the boss tries to get into the 2nd phase, even though it isn't supposed to.

This causes the boss to do not take hit damage, but take damage from the mechanics that were removed.

I think Koldrak just have some points where he doesn't check if he is actually still alive and  using abilities. Like the Ice Crystal AEs, which he also happily casts while dead already (and nukes right into the quest turn in)

56 minutes ago, Cupidstar said:

But regardless of you agreeing or not with me, your claims that editing an XML file or removing GCD for all skills causes this is absolutely bullshit.

If I'd use XML edit, I'd tell the same 😄