Game is now more p2w than ever before

Kenzie Lyn

Game is getting more and more p2w with every waking moment also cant keep up with pvp for battlegrounds anymore no matter how much you grind u wont get anywhere without spending money PVP is essentially a whale thing outside of arena at this point 

• Like 3

• Amraith changed the title to Game is now more p2w than ever before
9 hours ago, Slavemistress said:

If you get Premium are you still considered a F2P ?

Cant be Free to play if you paid for premium. since you did spend money technically, or inputted $$$ into the game if you bought from a seller for gold. Because the seller would have had to pay $$$ to buy that premium for you and gift it to you for gold. 

Essentially if you are paying $$$ into this game indirectly or directly still not f2p lels. because f2p does not come naturally with premium. 

7 hours ago, Askaria said:

Cant be Free to play if you paid for premium. since you did spend money technically, or inputted $$$ into the game if you bought from a seller for gold. Because the seller would have had to pay $$$ to buy that premium for you and gift it to you for gold. 

Essentially if you are paying $$$ into this game indirectly or directly still not f2p lels. because f2p does not come naturally with premium. 

You can buy prem from other players for all I know. So you could be F2P.

1 hour ago, BossLeee said:

Without donators the game will automatic closed. Its the part of game. Even in other games people still use real money to provide for there characters. If u guys want free to play go play roblox my goodness

Hello BossLeee,

I must admit, this is the most funny comment I saw in this forum.

If you even play this game for a week or more, please do answer me some questions:

1) Did you really check all the way to upgrade your gear in-game without paid ? And please do tell me all the way to upgrade it from the scratch without C2A event. 

2) We ain't talking about not paying, but even with donate like you said (I won't say it "Donate" since you got something in return). Did you know they shut down Master X Master and some other games even had donators ?

3) And the last question: If you know the game will (might) shut down or this server closed, are you willing pay for it (Without getting any refund) ? The currently situtation in-game really bad, so try to join it before you comment something funny

Thank you & have a nice day

Seriously though the game isnt going to last like this and honestly it's both dissapointing and laughable because all the ground work is there to make it reasonably succesful. The truth is the seem to lack an actual competent leader who can turn around to management and basically say strait to their faces if they actually want a sustainable buisness they either need to make the game far more approachable and to stop with the whale wars and escessive nickel and diming and actually balance the game to be more welcoming. 

New players and returning players tend to be more willing to part with their money if they feel the game is enjoyable to play, right now you cant do most of the stuff in the game except obsolete content because once you finish the story your presented with a 1000 ap wall and left with gear so low you cant even do easy mode dungeons unless you pretty much get carried by more charitable players. 

Theres far far too much needless grinding and imbalance in the game and there needs to be a serious rethink. Sadly all we ever seem to see is a whole lot of silence and hiding, the representatives here say very little but in all honesty its not their fault but their managers and superiors who refuse to take onboard feedback and listen to their players. They seem to only care about a short term profit not a long term growth plan. It's 2021 not 2010 the model they seem to be addicted to relies on whales to bankroll them but less and less people are willing to part with that cash expecially as so many games like Bless have crashed and burned hard on the same tactics and its showing as their profits are shrinking. 

• Like 2

I'm wishing it too. But rather waiting/doing something with the hope: They will change the game better.

I prefer enjoying daily on one char and then back to the other game with new class this week. Then EW on Nov.  There is nothing we can do/help/work to change the situation.

Just wait for next maintenance, and rage more UwU

Ok, how exactly is the game pay 2 win here? For PVP: Players still need to run the dungeons to actually get the PVP gear and need to upgrade it (you can't pay2win this). You need to do PVP to upgrade the weapon, you cannot p2w this either (some older weapon tiers sometimes are purchasable for currency but those are old outdated weapons)

Next, lets go to Soul / Pet / Heart / Talisman - Oils arent that hard to come by....you either play the market and buy what you need while acumulating scales to upgrade, or you farm CS and MSP to make your own oils.

Pet packs can be transmuted or bought off F5 - so this isnt exactly p2w either.

Fusion stones - can be afk farmed.

The ONLY thing i would agree on that hard to get are gems, however you do not need the latest end-game gems, as they really do not impact much.

The game is much more pay2progress rather than pay2win since you can essentially get anything you need in game and not to mention you do not need 100% end game items to be able to clear all current content or even do PVP for that matter.

5 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Ok, how exactly is the game pay 2 win here? For PVP: Players still need to run the dungeons to actually get the PVP gear and need to upgrade it (you can't pay2win this). You need to do PVP to upgrade the weapon, you cannot p2w this either (some older weapon tiers sometimes are purchasable for currency but those are old outdated weapons)

Next, lets go to Soul / Pet / Heart / Talisman - Oils arent that hard to come by....you either play the market and buy what you need while acumulating scales to upgrade, or you farm CS and MSP to make your own oils.

Pet packs can be transmuted or bought off F5 - so this isnt exactly p2w either.

Fusion stones - can be afk farmed.

The ONLY thing i would agree on that hard to get are gems, however you do not need the latest end-game gems, as they really do not impact much.

The game is much more pay2progress rather than pay2win since you can essentially get anything you need in game and not to mention you do not need 100% end game items to be able to clear all current content or even do PVP for that matter.

I don't require dungeons for most PvP gear, so if I were to pay, it would definitely be faster.
Cause all tiers of weapon except the last take bloodstones. Buy some gold, buy some mats, craft, ez Dfang 9. Now, you do have to go through a gold seller so...what can NC do. But then the only way to get the upgrade material past Dfang is either through pvp like you said, or just wait for the month long cash grab boxes. You can definitely pay to win for those.
Most agitator accessories, if you've paid for premium, or paid a lot of ncoin, you have from fortune's favour. They'll probably still bring that back. The only thing you can't get are the gloves and bracelet, which do require either pvp or 3 days of Hong and Mao - cant pay for those.
Soul, Heart, Pet, Talisman are far from what I would consider accessible for f2p. Obtainable is one thing, that they definitely are. But getting them takes a fair bit of time unless you run HMs with people who have...paid...to get a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ton of gold. Unless you buy boxes, trove, or fortunes favour! Nice n ez.
Overall - is it pay to win....ehhhh probably? But does it give them a clear advantage that can't be made up by a f2p player? No. In other words....you don't have to pay to progress, but you can pay to win.
Think ya got the two mixed up. Pay to progress means as a f2p Im stuck, unable to do a damn thing, I should just quit the game cause there's no moving forward. Pay to win means exactly that, you pay to get an advantage and win. Not exclusive, not progression, just to quickly get to the point where you can win.
Which also is not a bad business model, I don't see why people hate the pay to win aspect. It's in everything. Gotta give something to people who pay. But as long as it's still doable via f2p, even if it's more limited, it only remains that.

14 hours ago, Laura099 said:

I don't see why people hate the pay to win aspect. It's in everything. Gotta give something to people who pay. But as long as it's still doable via f2p, even if it's more limited, it only remains that.

We had this discussion also in Pokemon Unite and i take this as an example cause its easy to understand.

There are thoose items which give you plain stats thoose need to be leveled to lvl 30 and for that you need to farm upgrade material.

Unite got released on: 21.07 and farming 3 items to max level takes several months of playtime. You could also get thoose items via cash shop to make it faster.

Now how is a free to play supposed to aquire an item that needs atlest some months to have the same stats in 1 week ? Simply they cant its physically not possible to play enough to have the same advantage as a paying customer making it pay to win without the option to farm it at all.

Same here with BNS. Look at most of the gear which is gated behind a big timegate even if you farm hardcore while paying customers can just pay to win their way through thoose items. Its an advantage you cannot have without paying simply due to the missing time.

So in conclusion this game is gated behind paywalls yes and it is pay to progress and even pay to win if we are not talking about 6 year old accounts simply cause with f2p farming its not possible to reach max pvp gear.  All of this applys to pvp only cause you dont have any advantage over other players in pve.

First of all, you can literally get PvP gear now with the tokens from Circle of Sundering and Den of the Ancients. Even though it's starting gear, everyone has to upgrade their gear, not expecting to get highest gear for free to compete with non f2p players.

For PvE, it purely depends on how fast you want to progress. If you don't care about gear too much then you can easily farm what you need and slowly get vials/petpacks and whatever you need. Especially with the C2A event that we had, you can clear HM dungeons (I would recommend either HoI, TC or FoE). Yes, it will take time, you will have to learn mechanics, I know people that have spend hours and hours learning mechanics and clearing once, but that's part of the MMO satisfaction, no? Or is that just for me that I get my fun from learning/clearing dungeons instead of the game providing me with end game gear?

F2P, you can get really far, you just need to know how and need to have the motivation to play, as there's a lot of stuff possible to do and little information available for how to do that. 

55 minutes ago, Supertaro said:

First of all, you can literally get PvP gear now with the tokens from Circle of Sundering and Den of the Ancients. Even though it's starting gear.

Thats the issue here its starting gear. In a competetive gamemode with Season ladders etc. there should be no way to be disadvantaged other than maybe having a worse class. If you have no way obtaining the same stats as people cashing thousands of €€€ than this competetive gamemode is broken.

And as ive mentioned we are time gated here so it is pay to win. You litterly cant get the same stats without €€€. And like ive said its different if you are already a player since day one cause theoretically you had the time to get the gear but most players simply had not the time to do so. If you simply say "but its farmable just needs time" then this is wrong cause imagine an item giving 500pvp attack power which can be obtained by paying 1 Million gold for it or 50€ in Hongmoon store. With such an logic thats not pay to win.

For PvE, it purely depends on how fast you want to progress.

Atleast i didnt write about pve being pay to win but i also cant understand how a coop gamemode (lets not talk about challenge mode) can be pay to win. You have litterly no disadvantage if your companion is pay to win.

F2P, you can get really far.

Even 1 Evasion stat point or 1 block stat point is pay to win if you cant get the same stats. I am just listing why BNS is Pay to win in my oppinion i am not trying to write down a wikipedia article for it or anything.

Also what would be the issue with giving rental max gear which can only be used in pvp while the rental cost is equal to what normal gear would cost on the long run. This would remove any kind of pay to win aspect from this game in an instant.

Edited by FeuchterLyn

no it isn't, it's more cheat to win then pay to win.

However yes when it first started tis game was all  costmetics in the cash shop  then trove and buing gold (f9 now) came, made it a bit pay to iwn but amazingly still at that time pay to win still don't beat grind.  EXP also stays non pay to win for a very long time, where whales would ahve low HM levels while grinders would ahve hight HM Levels. 

and now it all just cheat and pay to win...."fun" game!

Edited by LaraKelly

Blade and Soul is pay to progress on a very high level.

So much so that some people mistake it for p2w.

For many, pay to progress on a high level is nothing else than modern p2w.

But in the end, being it either of the 2, people dislike that kind of models.

Edited by Ketsueki Tenshi