Red Pirate Princess

xYukikoChanx

Hello,

I was wondering if I am the only once that finds it weird that Red Pirate Princess isn't in the new Poharan teamed event, since even the red-black hairstyle is in it.

As far as I know this costume has been since forever in f3, yet not obtainable yet(correct me if I'm wrong)

I think it would have been nice to also put the costume in the event , since it's the second time they brought the event back, yet still no Red Pirate Princess

It is a rare outfit from Poharan impostor (black and red hair instead of our favourite white and black hair) in the 24-man E.Fleet Supply Chain. To spawn her, you need to kill 3 major bosses thrice in that dungeon. It is possible to solo easily with story-gear, but gonna be time-consuming cuz all of the spawn waiting time.

45 minutes ago, Kozuki said:

It is a rare outfit from Poharan impostor (black and red hair instead of our favourite white and black hair) in the 24-man E.Fleet Supply Chain. To spawn her, you need to kill 3 major bosses thrice in that dungeon. It is possible to solo easily with story-gear, but gonna be time-consuming cuz all of the spawn waiting time.

Are you sure it even drops there? Support said it doesn't.

Red Pirate Princess aswell as Red Gankplank Style Hair was a pretty damn rare drop in old 4 man POH dungeon, as they introduced  Silverfrost and YETI dungeon etc. as new 4 man stuff... they made Poh and Bloodshade only 6 man and (normalized) nerfed the unqiue rewards (Red Gankplank Hair got fully removed...not sure about Red Pirate Princess, when i remember correctly it was puchasable at a vendor near POH dungeon for some time) At this time there was a bit of an outrage aswell because shortly after Silversfrost update they introduced first casher boxes and Red Gankplank Style was 1 of the possible outcomes........Thats the reason i remember this :D

It was actually not a drop itself, you could get a ticket in the dungeon to then buy it from a NPC outside both, Blackram Supply Chain and E.Fleet Supply Chain, just like what you can do now with the Temptress outfit outside Bloodshade Harbor. At least that's how it was in Asia, but maybe it was one of those things that they didn't port over here or they removed it eventually, because if you check those NPCs now they don't have any cosmetics and if you put the cursor in the dungeon there's no ticket for the costume in the rewards.

I leave proof of this in some screenshots and the link to the video itself from the channel LOLIPANGXX LLP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwoeTfGX3rk

U1Bbmkj.pngYJhFfbe.pngkrMEaeZ.pngkx17PpF.pngqUPqs6I.pngDnyQf2z.pngbfbGSRB.png

5 hours ago, Crow Scarecrow said:

It was actually not a drop itself, you could get a ticket in the dungeon to then buy it from a NPC outside both, Blackram Supply Chain and E.Fleet Supply Chain, just like what you can do now with the Temptress outfit outside Bloodshade Harbor. At least that's how it was in Asia, but maybe it was one of those things that they didn't port over here or they removed it eventually, because if you check those NPCs now they don't have any cosmetics and if you put the cursor in the dungeon there's no ticket for the costume in the rewards.

I leave proof of this in some screenshots and the link to the video itself from the channel LOLIPANGXX LLP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwoeTfGX3rk

That's nice and all but sadly this is NCWEST so we had alternate ways. As far as I know it just got removed and they never bothered.

6 hours ago, Yasu said:

That's nice and all but sadly this is NCWEST so we had alternate ways. As far as I know it just got removed and they never bothered.

They are partially correct - that was actually the method to obtain pirate princess for some time (not sure if it still is or if it's a drop). But yes, you are 100% correct, after 4 man was gone so was Red Pirate Princess. What confuses me is why they keep putting custom gang into these realmrift events which was an f10 items, alongside something that can currently be obtained without obstructing event reward, instead of putting in the alternate f2p version that was removed.

1 hour ago, Laura099 said:

They are partially correct - that was actually the method to obtain pirate princess for some time (not sure if it still is or if it's a drop). But yes, you are 100% correct, after 4 man was gone so was Red Pirate Princess. What confuses me is why they keep putting custom gang into these realmrift events which was an f10 items, alongside something that can currently be obtained without obstructing event reward, instead of putting in the alternate f2p version that was removed.

Proof or it didn't happen, i played since launch and i didn't see it anywhere nor have i ever seen anyone wear it. People claim this and that yet nobody can show proof from our version.

They are partially correct - that was actually the method to obtain pirate princess for some time (not sure if it still is or if it's a drop). But yes, you are 100% correct, after 4 man was gone so was Red Pirate Princess

So, a few things. First, the reason I posted that is because, if it was in other regions why it was not in ours? Laura said that it was like that first but they removed it later when the 4 man was gone but that's not the case, the proof of that? If you go to the stream where they presented Blackram Supply Chain and E.Fleet Supply Chain for the first time in the west, before the game even launched in the west, when BSC was a 4 and 6 man dungeon, they showed the items that you could get from that same NPC and this is what you would get, soul shields, weapons and accs but not the outfit.

Blade & Soul Weekly Livestream: Blackram Supply Chain https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMsJiORciIE

c9GENyt.pngVD61bgO.png

And this is what you could get in the asian version around the same timekx17PpF.png

So is not that we had it while the 4 man version of BSC was in use, we never had that outfit in the same system or it would be shown at that livestream, it was actually the last stream before the game went live. Also, they talked about the drops from the dungeon and they never mentioned the Red Pirate Princess so I really doubt it was ever there. In the stream where they presented Bloodshade Harbor they showed this briefly and there's no costume in the list of drops.

k5ITiPe.png

Second thing, I've read a lot of times people defending NC West in many topics saying "Oh, well, they don't make decisions, they don't have a say, they just implement what NCSoft tells them to put" but that's a lie and a very sad one, because, again, if you look in the old livestreams, when they took questions from the chat, they repeatedly say that they didn't want to put things in our version that Korea or Taiwan had in theirs, for example, legendary weapons. Maybe people don't remember this, but legendary weapons were obtainable via Hongmoon Store in the asian version and NC West didn't like that so they were very firm in the decision to make it an item that everyone could get by playing normally. They also didn't like certain outfit decisions made in the asian version so they asked for changes to the dev team and I leave you proof of everything here, livestream titled "Blade & Soul Weekly Livestream: Unchained Update - February 18, 2016" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcmy2Ec3FSM

Quote 23:00
"We asked to the dev team that the outfit was a little bit inconsistent, so the male version of this one originally had, you know, the cool pants and everything else, the lyn female actually had the pants and everything else but the other females had this dress that was beautiful, it's a lovely dress, but it felt a little bit inconsistent, specially since the lyn female had this particular outfit. So we asked the dev team if they could possibly either create a male version and a lyn version of the female outfit or a female version of the male outfit and so they created this particular version of the costume to drop in the instance."

Quote 43:30
"if you've seen it in other regions chances are we will, it like almost 99.9 percent chance that we will have it. The exception would be if it's related to business model, because our business model is custom, so, like, legendary weapons being on the store or legendary weapons being on a RNG box or legendary weapons, I think, in general are not available in our client right now. And so if they're related to business model stuff, you know, we make the decision in whether it's going to be in or not. Content related stuff, like pets, wings, stuff like that that you see in other regions we will likely get them in some point too, we just don't know when because that stuff is things that are kind of nice to have but are not necesarily tied to a particular content piece."

So, according to they themselves, they actually have a say in the things that they put in the store, so is not like they're mere victims of NC Soft greed. And they also have a say in the costumes that are put in the game. And maybe this is not an "important" topic but is one of the many things that you can take as evidence of the little care that the west team have nowdays compared to the old days. Yes, this outfit was not there from the begining, but they used to actually listen and stand up for the west players, now they barely answer a post.

Edited by Crow Scarecrow
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Crow Scarecrow said:

So, a few things. First, the reason I posted that is because, if it was in other regions why it was not in ours?

Who knows, there are plenty outfits that never got released in our version. For licensed outfits it makes sense since it would cost them money but the normal ones? There is no good reason it's only nc being stupid just like it's stupid to rotate only 2 outfits every two weeks and release tons of recolours when there are tons of outfits people would love to throw their cash at.

So, according to they themselves, they actually have a say in the things that they put in the store, so is not like they're mere victims of NC Soft greed.

Well that's half true, it's their job to manage the game in our region so adjustments to it to suit the west is just what they are supposed to do. They are merely employees and can't really demand anything from nc korea, if korea says no there is nothing they can do about it.

Edited by Cor

On 10/11/2021 at 9:15 AM, Crow Scarecrow said:

Second thing, I've read a lot of times people defending NC West in many topics saying "Oh, well, they don't make decisions, they don't have a say, they just implement what NCSoft tells them to put" but that's a lie and a very sad one, because, again, if you look in the old livestreams, when they took questions from the chat, they repeatedly say that they didn't want to put things in our version that Korea or Taiwan had in theirs, for example, legendary weapons. Maybe people don't remember this, but legendary weapons were obtainable via Hongmoon Store in the asian version and NC West didn't like that so they were very firm in the decision to make it an item that everyone could get by playing normally. They also didn't like certain outfit decisions made in the asian version so they asked for changes to the dev team and I leave you proof of everything here, livestream titled "Blade & Soul Weekly Livestream: Unchained Update - February 18, 2016" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcmy2Ec3FSM

This - time and date, look at that, 2016. Just an fyi, people did not use that back then. In 2016 not only did NCWest have a proper team, but the KR Devs were entirely different. In 2017 the original lead developer for KR was replaced by the (current) one, and from there things started plummeting downhill. Two community leads left NCWest, only to be replaced by some kids that left not even a year later - now it's currently being run by someone who I don't even think has posted a thing on here in over a year. I know it's not Hime.
Meanwhile our other teams are simply...translation. If you're going to make the argument "well they said they want different stuff from KR" then why is everything we've had in the past 3 years from...KR? It's to the point where we even know what events we're going to get months in advanced. If you want proof, look at the iron conqueror event. People expected that since August. For further proof, look at Brood Chamber. It was put in all Korean with UE4. Recently it was changed, but the mini-boss is still Korean. Outlaw Islands quest npc was also Korean, not sure if she still is. It's clear as day we're just getting translations.
And for your final piece of evidence----we just got a new CEO for the West in June or July. How can you say the west is making executive decisions when it didn't even have an executive until recently? That's where that argument comes from. But that's not people defending West, that's people saying killing West doesn't mean NCSoft will do anything. It stems from Soft after all.

Also in regards to Red Pirate Princess, you're right. I was thinking of when I played on KR with the translator in 2015, I mix those two up more often than I should. Didn't play either too long tbf.

On 10/11/2021 at 12:04 PM, Cor said:

Well that's half true, it's their job to manage the game in our region so adjustments to it to suit the west is just what they are supposed to do. They are merely employees and can't really demand anything from nc korea, if korea says no there is nothing they can do about it.

I am quoting what they themselves said publicly in an official stream, I am speaking based on the information they have given themselves, so obviously they are not going to do and undo what they want of the game, but they have a say in what ends up being added and the proof is right there in what I published. Not everything is all or nothing, there is the middle ground. They clearly have a say in what is added, again, citing what they themselves said, but clearly they also have to move within certain limits for the company and the game itself. So do not misinterpret what I said, it is not "half true", it is totally the truth because at no time did I say that they have more power than they have, I simply cited what they themselves have said officially. So unless you say that what they themselves express in their official broadcasts about the company is "half true", what I said is totally true and I think that they, the members of the company (at that time), would know more about it than someone outside of it.

16 hours ago, Laura099 said:

This - time and date, look at that, 2016. Just an fyi, people did not use that back then. In 2016 not only did NCWest have a proper team, but the KR Devs were entirely different. In 2017 the original lead developer for KR was replaced by the (current) one, and from there things started plummeting downhill. Two community leads left NCWest, only to be replaced by some kids that left not even a year later - now it's currently being run by someone who I don't even think has posted a thing on here in over a year. I know it's not Hime.
Meanwhile our other teams are simply...translation. If you're going to make the argument "well they said they want different stuff from KR" then why is everything we've had in the past 3 years from...KR? It's to the point where we even know what events we're going to get months in advanced. If you want proof, look at the iron conqueror event. People expected that since August. For further proof, look at Brood Chamber. It was put in all Korean with UE4. Recently it was changed, but the mini-boss is still Korean. Outlaw Islands quest npc was also Korean, not sure if she still is. It's clear as day we're just getting translations.
And for your final piece of evidence----we just got a new CEO for the West in June or July. How can you say the west is making executive decisions when it didn't even have an executive until recently? That's where that argument comes from. But that's not people defending West, that's people saying killing West doesn't mean NCSoft will do anything. It stems from Soft after all.

Also in regards to Red Pirate Princess, you're right. I was thinking of when I played on KR with the translator in 2015, I mix those two up more often than I should. Didn't play either too long tbf.

I don't know what you mean by "people did not use that back then", but the proofs you gave to show me wrong are totally out of place, because precisely in the quote that I left above they clearly state that the content they have in Asia is going to arrive here 99.9% of the time and what you want to use as proof that I am wrong is precisely content that has been added like is supposed to happen, so you did not understand or didn't read the quotes before replying. Obviously we know what event is going to be added, like the iron conqueror event, because it is part of the content and, again, the content is 99.9% sure that it will arrive here, as they said themselves in that stream and as I put it in that quote. So you're not proving what I said wrong at all by using content added as "proof". What they expressed at that time is that they have a say in what is added in the business part, in the store, just as I left it on the quote and as I clarified later too and they also let it be seen that it is within their possibilities to ask for changes to things such as the outfits that are added as in the case of that Naryu Labyrinth costume.

And then, for the last part, I never said that they are making executive decisions, I showed that they themselves have expressed in the past that they have a say in what is added in the West in the business part. As I said before to Cor, I am not saying that they have more power than they themselves have expressed that they have, so do not put words in my mouth when I left proof of everything I said in quotes from their official transmissions. You and many people seem to assume that it is all or nothing, that they either have full power in what is added or are but pawns in NC Soft's movements when, according to what they have said themselves in official streams that anyone can go to check, they have a certain capacity to handle what we receive in the West. But what happens is that people go one of two ways, they blame absolutely everything on the western team or they use that excuse saying "Leave them alone, they just follow orders, they can't do something about it" when, again, according to what they themselves have said, not what I made up or what I believe, but what they have said themselves, they have the ability to decide (until a certain point) what is added to the game in the business part and also a little in terms of things like outfits.

Given that, probably the part of "people did not use that back then" was also born from a misunderstanding of what I said so the answer to that is probably in my same comment above, just like the answers to the rest.

I do not know how I can quote what has been officially said and yet there are protests that what I put here is wrong or is "half true". But hey, I have left all the evidence there, I have said everything I had to say, to continue would be just going around in circles because the answers to the protests of what I said are exactly within what I said so i'll leave it here.

8 hours ago, Crow Scarecrow said:

I am quoting what they themselves said publicly in an official stream, I am speaking based on the information they have given themselves, so obviously they are not going to do and undo what they want of the game, but they have a say in what ends up being added and the proof is right there in what I published. Not everything is all or nothing, there is the middle ground. They clearly have a say in what is added, again, citing what they themselves said, but clearly they also have to move within certain limits for the company and the game itself. So do not misinterpret what I said, it is not "half true", it is totally the truth because at no time did I say that they have more power than they have, I simply cited what they themselves have said officially. So unless you say that what they themselves express in their official broadcasts about the company is "half true", what I said is totally true and I think that they, the members of the company (at that time), would know more about it than someone outside of it.

I don't know what you mean by "people did not use that back then", but the proofs you gave to show me wrong are totally out of place, because precisely in the quote that I left above they clearly state that the content they have in Asia is going to arrive here 99.9% of the time and what you want to use as proof that I am wrong is precisely content that has been added like is supposed to happen, so you did not understand or didn't read the quotes before replying. Obviously we know what event is going to be added, like the iron conqueror event, because it is part of the content and, again, the content is 99.9% sure that it will arrive here, as they said themselves in that stream and as I put it in that quote. So you're not proving what I said wrong at all by using content added as "proof". What they expressed at that time is that they have a say in what is added in the business part, in the store, just as I left it on the quote and as I clarified later too and they also let it be seen that it is within their possibilities to ask for changes to things such as the outfits that are added as in the case of that Naryu Labyrinth costume.

And then, for the last part, I never said that they are making executive decisions, I showed that they themselves have expressed in the past that they have a say in what is added in the West in the business part. As I said before to Cor, I am not saying that they have more power than they themselves have expressed that they have, so do not put words in my mouth when I left proof of everything I said in quotes from their official transmissions. You and many people seem to assume that it is all or nothing, that they either have full power in what is added or are but pawns in NC Soft's movements when, according to what they have said themselves in official streams that anyone can go to check, they have a certain capacity to handle what we receive in the West. But what happens is that people go one of two ways, they blame absolutely everything on the western team or they use that excuse saying "Leave them alone, they just follow orders, they can't do something about it" when, again, according to what they themselves have said, not what I made up or what I believe, but what they have said themselves, they have the ability to decide (until a certain point) what is added to the game in the business part and also a little in terms of things like outfits.

Given that, probably the part of "people did not use that back then" was also born from a misunderstanding of what I said so the answer to that is probably in my same comment above, just like the answers to the rest.

I do not know how I can quote what has been officially said and yet there are protests that what I put here is wrong or is "half true". But hey, I have left all the evidence there, I have said everything I had to say, to continue would be just going around in circles because the answers to the protests of what I said are exactly within what I said so i'll leave it here.

Reread the second quote, they did indeed say that. Although that is untrue.
Over the course of 2016 and early 2017 content did not line up true and blue. There were several things that were different, and even dungeons, albeit they were still the same dungeons, were released in the incorrect order in NA. Story as well, originall KRs story was vastly different from ours, even factions was I believe. What's more you are quoting what they themselves said in a 2016 stream to counter a point people started using in 2019 - that was what "people did not use that back then" meant. Thought it was pretty self-explanatory, but that's addressing the excuse of "West doesn't make the decisions anymore". They do not, technically never have, they used to just pitch ideas and ask for the ok (there's a forum post buried somewhere in fact where one of the GMs talks about the yun race and how they couldn't make any side quest or explanation in story on how yuns procreate due to KR saying it may end up being a story thing, so they weren't allowed. Back in 2018 methinks).
And besides, I don't know why a stream where they always say "things are subject to change" and essentially use a script given to them by developers is your definitive proof. Who are the people giving them the notes? Who are the people giving them access? Name one person they mentioned that was an NA dev, and you'll have proof for....2016. And only 2016.

Quick reminder, all those ppl from 2016 stream are gone for a while now. Maybe not without a reason. It also doesn't rly matter. NCsoft or NCwest, at the end they deliver a product and it's ours decision  how to deal with it.