Removed the ability to buy polishing cloths with fishing pearls?

VaBeachKevin

2 hours ago, zenbudai said:

I don't think it is supposed to share a CD

It is a weird feature I agree, and with the release of UE4, you thought they would fix the majority of issues that UE3 had other then performance problems, however, the shared CD between CD Boxes were always a thing, from the day they were released I believe, I don't remember them fixing this problem ever.

Having an event with Lamps/Pots after C2A event, happened in the past too and people always complained about the sharing CD of these boxes, the weird part about this, is that they know this issue exist & they know that such events have complications between each other, before they release them, but they still choose to release them one after another, instead of spacing such events out to smoothen the issue. While I don't have such problems myself, as I always complete my event weeks before end, It would suck if I had to deal with such issue.

however, you don't have to open C2A chests, you can ignore it, and just do lamps, until lamp event ends, and then finish your C2A boxes, unless the required gear is really necessary to finish your 4 daily challenges for the polishing cloth, now I can't guarantee that such thing still works with modern C2A chests, but on NA account I still have C2A chests that are from many many years ago, and I can still open them even if it says "Expired" - as long as you have the keys for it.

maybe @Hime can confirm on this for latest C2A boxes?

I have this C2A Chest for many years and can still open.

eXcEYa0.png

Joy to the Realm Jackpot which was release in 2018 - can still be opened.

YCsstuU.png

and then there's - that cannot be opened anymore. 

zjxzTCh.png

so really, all we need is confirmation from @Hime if the current C2A chest will be openable even after expired, which I'm pretty sure it will be, do it at your own risk though.

Edited by SayhaSeer
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

It is a weird feature I agree, and with the release of UE4, you thought they would fix the majority of issues that UE3 had other then performance problems, however, the shared CD between CD Boxes were always a thing, from the day they were released I believe, I don't remember them fixing this problem ever.

Having an event with Lamps/Pots after C2A event, happened in the past too and people always complained about the sharing CD of these boxes, the weird part about this, is that they know this issue exist & they know that such events have complications between each other, before they release them, but they still choose to release them one after another, instead of spacing such events out to smoothen the issue. While I don't have such problems myself, as I always complete my event weeks before end, It would suck if I had to deal with such issue.

however, you don't have to open C2A chests, you can ignore it, and just do lamps, until lamp event ends, and then finish your C2A boxes, unless the required gear is really necessary to finish your 4 daily challenges for the polishing cloth, now I can't guarantee that such thing still works with modern C2A chests, but on NA account I still have C2A chests that are from many many years ago, and I can still open them even if it says "Expired" - as long as you have the keys for it.

maybe @Hime can confirm on this for latest C2A boxes?

I have this C2A Chest for many years and can still open.

eXcEYa0.png

Joy to the Realm Jackpot which was release in 2018 - can still be opened.

YCsstuU.png

and then there's - that cannot be opened anymore. 

zjxzTCh.png

so really, all we need is confirmation from @Hime if the current C2A chest will be openable even after expired, which I'm pretty sure it will be, do it at your own risk though.

After this fiasco I do not trust that somehow my last C2A boxes would not disappear or become unusable, others have said things have become useless or disappeared even though the items were slated to be used through November.

I am sure I could go to support IF this did happen (they have recently helped me and I was very happy with results) but since I paid for them I don't want to risk it and have to be hassled to get them to fix what they broke.

3 hours ago, zenbudai said:

others have said things have become useless or disappeared

The chest won't disappear after event, unless you antique it, yourself. 

I don't think there was an instance when C2A chest become un-openable after redemption period, however with UE4 things might have changed, I don't know, but most likely nothing changed.

Though, if you antique an expired event chest, I highly doubt support will revert this even with your restoration tokens, but who knows.

So be sure not to antique an item you want to keep, it only takes 1 click, and everything is gone.

17 hours ago, zenbudai said:

If the 5 in your 290/5 is the 5 hour cool down then it will not work for me since my lamps share a cool down with the C2A chests.
I am 4 hours from my C2A chest cool down ending but have two more to go, so for the next 36 hours I cannot do a single lamp and I have read others mentioning they share a cool down with some other charms (which may have been fixed)

If the 5 in your 290/5 is not the cool down please ignore my math 🙂

Oh nono, the 5 is how many polishing cloths you need to make a top tier lamps. If you can open...3 lamps a day, which will be a 10 hour period, you can open the lamps within 20 days, which means even if you just now opened stage 1 armory you could still finish the lamps, since this is a 35 days event.
Since you did get a late start, I recommend logging in first thing in the morning, opening one up real quick, then when you do dailies open another, and just before bed open a third. You still have a great shot.

1 hour ago, Slavemistress said:

i am confused about using the Polishing Cloths though.Does upgrading Lamps by polishing add anything beyond more coins.And are the Coins only used to try and a get a top 4 award.Please list all the benefits of Polishing the Lamps to the maximum level.

Each tier has slightly better rewards, but the big thing is not the festival coins, it's the wishing token I believe. Regular gives 5, t2 gives 10, t3 gives 15. If you open all at the highest tier, you'll get 900 wishing tokens total, which can get you 90 purple unity stones which is massive for anyone that's still working on getting unity.