Final Thoughts

Solareus

Well, it was a great story to play through. It had all of the right levers pulled.

Endgame is probably the worst in online gaming. Treadmilling the same dungeons for a month was horrible, and to think that new players are going to do that for a year, never gonna happen. The endgame is from a bygone era when farming for something gained micro steps in advancement. Seriously expect new players with all of the other options on f2p to grind dailies for 1/1000th of a percent of a needed items for 2+ attack... 

The irony of it all is I knew all this before diving back in and thought it would be different feeling, but not being able to do any content without a group or raid is a complete 90 degree vertical F!@# YOU to new players. The only option is to buy items to increase players ability to advance. 

I had all of items from the event. Box 12 open, good 10k gold of materials and it is now deleted because none of it makes a lick of difference in advancement.

In closing, I hope the new Chinese regulations cripples NcSoft so badly they close down. Not only has NcSoft been one of the worst publishers, they prey on peoples addiction of advance in such a microscopic level it should be against the law. You may say why are they an awful publisher? Well they allow ArenaNET to pull my guild wars 1 with all expansion from my NcSoft account and I now can't ge that back. 

I supported this publisher a lot, playing lineage 2 for years on subscription and I have no shame in wishing there company the worst possible financial cycles in years to come. 

Thanks, but no thanks.

Solareus

Perma ban who cares.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Solareus said:

The irony of it all is I knew all this before diving back in and thought it would be different feeling, but not being able to do any content without a group or raid is a complete 90 degree vertical F!@# YOU to new players. The only option is to buy items to increase players ability to advance. 

Hol' up.

Did you just complain that you need a group of people to play with to do content in an MMO ?

Fo real.

Edited by GenericNick

2 hours ago, Solareus said:

Endgame is probably the worst in online gaming. Treadmilling the same dungeons for a month was horrible, and to think that new players are going to do that for a year, never gonna happen. The endgame is from a bygone era when farming for something gained micro steps in advancement. Seriously expect new players with all of the other options on f2p to grind dailies for 1/1000th of a percent of a needed items for 2+ attack... 

I came back to BnS from SW (won't say the full name, cuz we are on the official forum), and let me tell you that this game has a hundred times better end-game than SW.

1. In SW you have ONE, let me repeat myself, ONE end-game dungeon and that's it. We have SEVEN dungeons that we can farm here. Not counting solo dungeons and raids.
  2. In SW we had an RNG system for everything. Random stats (like with Soulshields, but we had 12 options and only 3 were good), random chance to upgrade your gear (like the Stage 1-10 system here that we have a GUARANTEED chance to upgrade *yes, I know that we have that RNG +1-15 or whatever system, but that is not as important as making an item stage 10 from 1*) + we had a limitation of how many times you can upgrade (meaning if you got really unlucky and you run out the item that reduced the times you upgraded, you either needed to get a new gear or pay 100+ eurs).
  3. SW has an energy system + the number of entries on the end-game dungeon is limited to 3 a day (and the droprates are horrible). We have none of that, only the weekly limit on raids (but we have resets for the newest raid + the drops are guaranteed in the main raids as far as I know). In SW you can only farm really weak mini-boss dungeons that drop nothing, but gold. Here you can farm as much as you want and you have a lot of places to farm in.

I truly think that paying more for a guaranteed chance to upgrade is way better. It might seem like that we need a lot of grind to upgrade stuff, but let me ask you 1 thing. Would you rather grind a bit more and know that you are done with the upgrade, or would you gamble for idk, let's say half the cost, but only 33% chance to upgrade? In KR they need less things to upgrade, but they have an RNG system that can make you ragequit after failing 10 times in a row and wasting (idk exact number, but let's say) 3x more resources than what you would need here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hungibungi said:

In SW you have ONE, let me repeat myself, ONE end-game dungeon and that's it. We have SEVEN dungeons that we can farm here. Not counting solo dungeons and raids.

Not true.

The "end-game" in BnS is ... raids!

Tbh might go back soon to ffxiv, am kinda done with these f2p mmos that just care for your money rather than their own game. Anything that us benefitting the players are being removed like the recent change of the Realm rift supply chain that let u exchange tokens for a 10mil charm plus a 2mil standard one and xp soup. This box dropped from the dungeon by killing mini bosses. I also played sw and again it is just a money grab like this one. Will probably just do some daily challenges and log off as FFXIV has the noctis car event up and ofc next month expansion of endwalker. Reaper looks badass. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, lillvargen said:

lol I see those complains every day in faction chat, whine this whine that, its an MMO, you have ton of fun stuff you can do

if you don't see the fun in a game just leave

where is this ton of fun stuff?

grind same dungeons forever for never ending gear upgrades

pvp dominated by cheaters and whales

events are always the same crap

raids... lets not even go there

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AxeofDawn said:

It's kinda sad how many people rather blame a game than responsibility for having fun.

This sentence doesn't even make any sense, responsibility for having fun what..?

The only sad thing here is nc soft who keeps destroying their own game, most people complaining about the game actually like the base game and hate seeing how nc is destroying it.

• Like 1