Wondering if it's server lag

nonia22

Returning player here. I just finished my c2a chests, and thought to try the solo dungeons. I did my homework, watched the guides before going for CoS, but still got stuck at Master Hong.

Most of the time when I tried to iframe his attacks, I saw on the screen that my iframe skill got spammed a few times, but my character just kept dps until she got hit. To actually iframe in time, I had to stop and wait like half a second before the moment came.

It also happened that during Master Hong's mech phase, if I cc him from too far away, say 7m+, even though Hong was cced (the cc bar being filled), I still got instantly killed.

The ping displayed in game was usually somewhere between 80 to 100ms, but when the mechanic phases started, it always spiked to 120+. So I am wondering if it was due to some sort of ani-cancel that I couldn't iframe in time, or it was just sever lag. Could somebody help please?

8 minutes ago, nonia22 said:

Most of the time when I tried to iframe his attacks, I saw on the screen that my iframe skill got spammed a few times, but my character just kept dps until she got hit.

Some classes if not all have shared global cooldowns, which means you cannot use a 2nd skill (iframe is a skill) while using another. For example Soul fighter dragon fury has shared GCD with iframe so you need to stop a lil moment. Experienced players only stop like half a second or even less.

It also happened that during Master Hong's mech phase, if I cc him from too far away, say 7m+, even though Hong was cced (the cc bar being filled), I still got instantly killed.

You got hit from his aoe ? you die from stacks ? i have to assume things here. Maybe upload a vid for something like this ?

The ping displayed in game was usually somewhere between 80 to 100ms, but when the mechanic phases started, it always spiked to 120+. So I am wondering if it was due to some sort of ani-cancel that I couldn't iframe in time, or it was just sever lag.

Ingame ping is not exactly the real world ping cause it dosent put in the input time etc. Your ping is a real bad one so try stopping your attacks like 1 sec before iframe or maybe even 2 depening on how much real input lag you have.

3 hours ago, nonia22 said:

Returning player here. I just finished my c2a chests, and thought to try the solo dungeons. I did my homework, watched the guides before going for CoS, but still got stuck at Master Hong.

Most of the time when I tried to iframe his attacks, I saw on the screen that my iframe skill got spammed a few times, but my character just kept dps until she got hit. To actually iframe in time, I had to stop and wait like half a second before the moment came.

The ping displayed in game was usually somewhere between 80 to 100ms, but when the mechanic phases started, it always spiked to 120+. So I am wondering if it was due to some sort of ani-cancel that I couldn't iframe in time, or it was just sever lag. Could somebody help please?

What you are experiencing is delay between what is happening on your screen versus what actually happens in the server.

For example if you press dodge skill to dodge something in your screen but in the server you already got hit by the attack, your dodge will not be registered and your character just continuous dpsing. Since everything happens in the serverside, you have to anticipate what actually is happening currently depending on how high your latency is. Low latency means you dont have to do it that much but if you have mid to high latency you have to be pretty dam good at knowing what actually is going on in the game right that moment. Everything you see on your screen comes with a small delay and doesnt represent what is currently happening in the server in your game.

As for the cc part, you most likely did it too late and master hong still got it off even though cc'd. So yea pretty much just delay caused by your latency to the server.

6 hours ago, FeuchterLyn said:

Some classes if not all have shared global cooldowns, which means you cannot use a 2nd skill (iframe is a skill) while using another. For example Soul fighter dragon fury has shared GCD with iframe so you need to stop a lil moment. Experienced players only stop like half a second or even less.

You got hit from his aoe ? you die from stacks ? i have to assume things here. Maybe upload a vid for something like this ?

Ingame ping is not exactly the real world ping cause it dosent put in the input time etc. Your ping is a real bad one so try stopping your attacks like 1 sec before iframe or maybe even 2 depening on how much real input lag you have.

I don't think it was global cooldown, because the iframe skill was ready and up. 

As for the instant kill, it was after Hong's laser beam phase.

Based on what @Amarathielsays, latency is indeed the problem. This reminded me of Mushin Tower 20 floor in the old days, when I got hit every time the boss jumped because of ping spikes. Guess that's RIP for me then. My only motivation to attempt CoS and Den of Ancients is to get the outfits. Wish they make those outfits available elsewhere outside of the dungeons.