Do you really intend to alienate your paying base?

RockmanEXE

Fact: most of the player base at end game modifies their client

Fact: Most of the player base that spend any significant amount of money modifies their client.

Do you really intend to eliminate your paying base from the game because a few whiners want an anti cheat system that doesn't and hasn't worked in the past?  Bold move NCWest, we'll see how that plays out when your game dies in first quarter 2022 because you've banned everyone that actually swipes.  

FF14 is seeing a surge of new players because it's a game you don't need to modify to be able to play.  Most of the QoL stuff people want is actually implemented into the game by the strong dev team backing it.  And third party mods are on a DON'T ASK DON'T TELL basis.

You just launched one of the best updates to the game in it's history and now's the time you can keep it lively or kill it off for good.

Edited by RockmanEXE

1 hour ago, RockmanEXE said:

Fact: Most of the player base that spend any significant amount of money modifies their client.

Hopefully those people go away then.

The game needs less people that try to gain advantage through nefarious means.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, RockmanEXE said:

Do you really intend to eliminate your paying base from the game because a few whiners want an anti cheat system that doesn't and hasn't worked in the past?  Bold move NCWest, we'll see how that plays out when your game dies in first quarter 2022 because you've banned everyone that actually swipes.  

FF14 is seeing a surge of new players because it's a game you don't need to modify to be able to play.  Most of the QoL stuff people want is actually implemented into the game by the strong dev team backing it.  And third party mods are on a DON'T ASK DON'T TELL basis.

You just launched one of the best updates to the game in it's history and now's the time you can keep it lively or kill it off for good.

wait, I don't understand you, you are against the Anti cheat even if it worked? so you want to edit your client to get an advantage in end content? I don't understand lol, are you saying if they eliminated cheats its bad? mate you have no idea what you are talking about I know most of the whales in EU region and they are all against cheats and they would love to play the game the way it is without cheats I have NO IDEA from where did you get your thoughts.
Playing a fair game play is not an option it is a MUST, you like it or not the game needs to be protected and the protection needs to work and updated.

Edited by Hellway
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Uldrum said:

Hopefully those people go away then.

The game needs less people that try to gain advantage through nefarious means.

Don't worry the game won't have any people when they shut down the servers because all the whales quit.  😄

Edited by RockmanEXE

Just now, Hellway said:

wait, I don't understand you, you are against the Anti cheat even if it worked? so you want to edit your client to get an advantage in end content? I don't understand lol, are you saying if they eliminated cheats? mate you have no idea what you are talking about I know most of the whales in EU region and they are all against cheats and they would love to play the game the way it is without cheats I have NO IDEA from where did you get your thoughts from.
Playing a fair game play is not an option it is a MUST, you like it or not the game needs to be protected and the protection needs to work and updated.

Some people cheat, yes, like with the flying back in Thornwind CM.  Most people that use client modifications use it for GCD which compensates for ping issues to squeeze out maybe less than 10 percent extra dps, and things like using XMLs to rebind skills to different keys.  If they're going after people who modify to cheat the people who use it for QOL willl inevitably get caught in the crossfire.

Remember the disaster that was the ban waves when people were abusing the ET skill to gank people?  Yeah miss me with that.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RockmanEXE said:

Some people cheat, yes, like with the flying back in Thornwind CM.  Most people that use client modifications use it for GCD which compensates for ping issues to squeeze out maybe less than 10 percent extra dps, and things like using XMLs to rebind skills to different keys.  If they're going after people who modify to cheat the people who use it for QOL willl inevitably get caught in the crossfire.

Remember the disaster that was the ban waves when people were abusing the ET skill to gank people?  Yeah miss me with that.

Mate then suggest QoL do not suggest that they allow cheats, honestly I get it you want the QoL addons to be within the game instead of editing the client etc, but bro if they cheat in PvE they will cheat in PvP , and the whales you care about play this game mode and they love it.. I dun think anyone would agree to this.

Edited by Hellway
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hellway said:

Mate then suggest QoL do not suggest that they allow cheats, honestly I get it you want the QoL addons to be within the game instead of editing the client etc, but bro if they cheat in PvE they will cheat in PvP , and the whales you care about play this game mode and they love it.. I dun think anyone would agree to this.

They stopped giving us QOL updates years ago around the time Jonathan left.  NC decided to just copy paste KR client making little to no changes for us and left us hanging.  Gold scales and ET materials STILL aren't account bound 2+ years after they stopped being relevant.  We can suggest all we want but we won't get ANYTHING.  

This game relies heavily on its modding community and if we alienate the modding community this game is good as toast.  Did you see what happened to EME and TERA in north america?  

• Like 3

Make a feedback for QOL so they implemet it, the cheats are ruining the game nothing else, i basically didnt saw any party recrutements when tc came out for months besides selling offers.
If i would be a normal player who is interetsed in getting runs done and work on my gear as a free to play u have no reason to play, the game looks dead, no partys. Thats what cheats do, they turn this game to a maket place instead of a Team game and also kills the content the devs created for everyone to enjoy.

This game is based on a mix of geared and non geared as many games, and a lot of geared run with random ppl who dont have much gear just out of friendlyness, now geared  either solo it with cheats or they cant even get their gear in the firstplace if they play legit since there arnt partys.

If anything with the dungeon changes the whole loot destribution system kinda changes and the implementation of easy mode etc at least makes all content more avalible so u can manage also without big whales in ur party but the issue is still the same

Edited by Dema

15 minutes ago, Dema said:

Make a feedback for QOL so they implemet it, the cheats are ruining the game nothing else, i basically didnt saw any party recrutements when tc came out for months besides selling offers.
If i would be a normal player who is interetsed in getting runs done and work on my gear as a free to play u have no reason to play, the game looks dead, no partys. Thats what cheats do, they turn this game to a maket place instead of a Team game and also kills the content the devs created for everyone to enjoy.

This game is based on a mix of geared and non geared as many games, and a lot of geared run with random ppl who dont have much gear just out of friendlyness, now geared  either solo it with cheats or they cant even get their gear in the firstplace if they play legit since there arnt partys.

If anything with the dungeon changes the whole loot destribution system kinda changes and the implementation of easy mode etc at least makes all content more avalible so u can manage also without big whales in ur party but the issue is still the same

You must be new here if you think they implement QOL suggestions any more.  Even when they did it would be six months or more to see anything resembling what was requested.

People have been asking for fast transmute and box opening for years but we still rely on third party mods for that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LynMasterRace said:

This game is finished. Over half of the playerbase uses modifications of some sort, if you do this then I expect the 'unfortunate' shutdown notice sometime next year. With BNS2 tanking, this is not a wise choice by any metric.

yes I agree with Lyn, we need to allow cheats and client edits Kappa, I can't believe I am reading this hahaha

Just now, Hellway said:

yes I agree with Lyn, we need to allow cheats and client edits Kappa, I can't believe I am reading this hahaha

I didn't say that, but many, many players use simply Quality of Life edits. Faster chest opening, transmutes, things like that. No anticheat could tell the difference between malicious edits and those.

3 minutes ago, Hellway said:

Your quest to get rid of cheaters will get rid of people who simply use QOL changes like rebinding skills to different keys and fast box opens.  You'll be eating your words when the game dies next year.

3 minutes ago, RockmanEXE said:

Your quest to get rid of cheaters will get rid of people who simply use QOL changes like rebinding skills to different keys and fast box opens.  You'll be eating your words when the game dies next year.

then suggest the QoL, do not suggest not to bring the anti cheat..... its already over Anti Cheat is coming, so instead of talking to the wall, go make a post with some sense in it, asking for the QoL to be added etc.

3 minutes ago, Hellway said:

then suggest the QoL, do not suggest not to bring the anti cheat..... its already over Anti Cheat is coming, so instead of talking to the wall, go make a post with some sense in it, asking for the QoL to be added etc.

How many times do I have to tell you they don't take our QOL suggestions anymore?  We've been asking for these basic things for YEARS and they STILL won't give it to us.  We have to rely on client modifications BECAUSE THE DEVS DON'T GIVE A ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ABOUT US.

This has got to be at least the third time I've said this in the thread why are you incapable of understanding?  

Edited by RockmanEXE

1 minute ago, Yasu said:

Just quit if you're not satisfied. Stop being a negative nancy and move on. 

Ah yes very constructive post.  I already have moved on to FF14.  I'm simply bringing warning after witnessing the fall of TERA what will happen if the publisher decides to alienate the modding community.  They were at least smart enough to backtrack on their decision making but by then it was too late.  The community was burned and they all quit.  En Masse Entertainment quickly went under.  While NC west has other titles to support them they will most likely be shutting down BNS some time next year should they continue down this path.

2 minutes ago, RockmanEXE said:

Ah yes very constructive post.  I already have moved on to FF14.  I'm simply bringing warning after witnessing the fall of TERA what will happen if the publisher decides to alienate the modding community.  They were at least smart enough to backtrack on their decision making but by then it was too late.  The community was burned and they all quit.  En Masse Entertainment quickly went under.  While NC west has other titles to support them they will most likely be shutting down BNS some time next year should they continue down this path.

Listen Linda.

You're not being constructive either. You're just complaining to complain. If you want to be productive, write up a Quality of Life Suggestion Post and stop complaining without bringing anything to the table.

Edited by Yasu

People have been asking for quality of life changes for years and met with cold shoulder.  Doing so accomplishes nothing.  This is now the fourth time I've said that in this thread and you people seriously cannot get it through your skulls.  Like, if you're not going to bother reading my posts just don't even bother replying.  You're wasting your time and my time.

I'm sorry you're new to the game and don't understand that.  I've played since NA launch and have watched as people ask in droves for different QOL changes only to get nothing.

Edited by RockmanEXE

4 minutes ago, RockmanEXE said:

People have been asking for quality of life changes for years and met with cold shoulder.  Doing so accomplishes nothing.  This is now the fourth time I've said that in this thread and you people seriously cannot get it through your skulls.  Like, if you're not going to bother reading my posts just don't even bother replying.  You're wasting your time and my time.

I'm sorry you're new to the game and don't understand that.  I've played since NA launch and have watched as people ask in droves for different QOL changes only to get nothing.

Only thing I'll say is that I've been playing way before NA servers and I know that Quality of Life stuff is needed but I also know not to waste time being angry for no reason. Go redirect that energy mate. Goodnight.

13 minutes ago, Yasu said:

Only thing I'll say is that I've been playing way before NA servers and I know that Quality of Life stuff is needed but I also know not to waste time being angry for no reason. Go redirect that energy mate. Goodnight.

Yeah okay kiddo.  If you really had you wouldn't be spewing that dribble.   It's okay anyone with half a brain can see through your lies.  

10 minutes ago, OneTrueEmbry said:

Sounds to me like instead of asking for QoL that you know they won't listen to, you're whining about them cracking down on cheats... which you know they won't listen to.

Find me an anti cheat that can discern client modifications for QOL improvements from client modifications to cheat.  (Hint: you can't) but I'll wait.

There's plenty of things they can pro-actively do to ban cheaters that don't alienate the base of people who don't cheat.

Edited by RockmanEXE

All i know if they add the anti the game is dead plain and simple, 90% of the people playing this game uses it in 1 way shape or form, as for me the addons and stuff make ice sf actually playable and its already a dead class to begin with and if they fix the anti cheat its going to kill an already dying class. i know for a fact if it gets fixed im rerolling from sf because vanilla sf is almost unplayable.