End-game progression is balanced around the battlepass, yet we don't have it?

Tomonori

KR got both soul fiesta and the battlepass together with UE4, while we got nothing. While I understand that KR is way more ahead in terms of content/gear, we still should have received at least the battlepass since the dungeon rewards are so blatantly obvious that they were designed around the battlepass.

The loot pool for all dungeons is too homogenous, you are effectively not incentivized at all to run different dungeons on harder difficulties because you can get for example uzume gear in Sandstorm Temple, which does not make sense. Everyone is just running the easiest dungeon for NM/HM respectively.

The rewards for running those dungeons is also too low, since the battlepass would offer you a large amounts of mats, you wouldn't have to run the dungeons so often to upgrade your equipment. Easy mode gives no scale fragment boxes while NM only drops two boxes that give a very low amount of scales and only ONE person can get it. I was told that getting scales from HM is a lot easier but how are people supposed to run them when it's so difficult to acquire the materials necessary to upgrade  your gear?

I understand that changing the battlepass' rewards for our version takes time but at least a temporary fix should have been put in place. NM/HM dungeon dynamic quests should reward you with at least scale fragments.

In the current state of the game, only casual players benefit from it. You get a decent amount of fragments for your dailies but if you are a more dedicated player you are forced to spend a lot of time farming dungeons for very low gains.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tomonori said:

I understand that changing the battlepass' rewards for our version takes time but at least a temporary fix should have been put in place. NM/HM dungeon dynamic quests should reward you with at least scale fragments.

Do you REALLY think our battlepass version will give the same as KR or better than stuff than dungeon drops? I would not raise my hopes up to get much more than half a middle finger on this one.

24 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Do you REALLY think our battlepass version will give the same as KR or better than stuff than dungeon drops? I would not raise my hopes up to get much more than half a middle finger on this one.

No, on the contrary, I am expecting FEWER rewards because it makes sense. KR is a lot more ahead in terms of gear so for example 60 nocturnal scales from the BP would be ok for them but not for us considering that those scales are used for BIS gear.

To support what is written here let me give some numbers related to normal mode nocturnal scale fragment drops:

In the past Doll House Normal Mode was dropping 5-15 nocturnal scale fragments, and you were getting 1 frag from dynamic

So if you do 6 DH NM run and rotate scales you get 11-21 fragments, so 16 fragments on average so 2.6 fragment per run on average

Currently any Normal Mode dungeon dropping 4 nocturnal scale fragments, and you get no frag from dynamic

So if you do 6 NM dungeon run and rotate scales you get 4 fragments, so 0.6 fragment per run

This is the case for Nocturnal scales, the nocturnal fragments gain from normal mode reduced by 75% while all NM boss hp increased, so while you get less scales it also takes you longer to do a run, so about shimmering scale fragments:

In the past Thornwind Cavern Normal Mode was dropping 5-15 shimmering scale fragments, and you were getting 1 frag from dynamic

So if you do 6 TC NM run and rotate scales you get 11-21 fragments, so 16 fragments on average so 2.6 fragment per run on average

Currently any Normal Mode dungeon dropping 2 shimmering scale fragments, and you get no frag from dynamic

So if you do 6 NM dungeon run and rotate scales you get 2 fragments, so 0.3 fragment per run

This is the case for Shimmering scales, the Shimmering fragments gain from normal mode reduced by 87.5% while all NM boss hp increased, so while you get less scales it also takes you longer to do a run.

So in conclusion, it would be nice if you added soul fiesta and/or battlepass or literally anything to compensate for the insane reduction for the normal mode fragment gains.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, EnithD said:

To support what is written here let me give some numbers related to normal mode nocturnal scale fragment drops:

In the past Doll House Normal Mode was dropping 5-15 nocturnal scale fragments, and you were getting 1 frag from dynamic

So if you do 6 DH NM run and rotate scales you get 11-21 fragments, so 16 fragments on average so 2.6 fragment per run on average

Currently any Normal Mode dungeon dropping 4 nocturnal scale fragments, and you get no frag from dynamic

So if you do 6 NM dungeon run and rotate scales you get 4 fragments, so 0.6 fragment per run

This is the case for Nocturnal scales, the nocturnal fragments gain from normal mode reduced by 75% while all NM boss hp increased, so while you get less scales it also takes you longer to do a run, so about shimmering scale fragments:

In the past Thornwind Cavern Normal Mode was dropping 5-15 shimmering scale fragments, and you were getting 1 frag from dynamic

So if you do 6 TC NM run and rotate scales you get 11-21 fragments, so 16 fragments on average so 2.6 fragment per run on average

Currently any Normal Mode dungeon dropping 2 shimmering scale fragments, and you get no frag from dynamic

So if you do 6 NM dungeon run and rotate scales you get 2 fragments, so 0.3 fragment per run

This is the case for Shimmering scales, the Shimmering fragments gain from normal mode reduced by 87.5% while all NM boss hp increased, so while you get less scales it also takes you longer to do a run.

So in conclusion, it would be nice if you added soul fiesta and/or battlepass or literally anything to compensate for the insane reduction for the normal mode fragment gains.

Finally someone who post evidence instead of just talking withtout info, please fix this drop rate issue!!

4 minutes ago, moveZneedle said:

If you think we are going to get similar rewards to KR[ or better] you are naive.

We are always getting the worse side of things when it comes to being rewarded.

That's not what was said.
The loot value is insanely low now and not rewarding if you're a player that grinds.
The BP is meant to compensate for that, but we didn't get it at all.

2 minutes ago, 876337_1452550434 said:

That's not what was said.
The loot value is insanely low now and not rewarding if you're a player that grinds.
The BP is meant to compensate for that, but we didn't get it at all.

Like i said, we are always getting the worse side of things when it comes to being rewarded.

And thats not gonna change. Its just how NCWest works.

6 hours ago, Tomonori said:

KR got both soul fiesta and the battlepass together with UE4, while we got nothing. While I understand that KR is way more ahead in terms of content/gear, we still should have received at least the battlepass since the dungeon rewards are so blatantly obvious that they were designed around the battlepass.

The loot pool for all dungeons is too homogenous, you are effectively not incentivized at all to run different dungeons on harder difficulties because you can get for example uzume gear in Sandstorm Temple, which does not make sense. Everyone is just running the easiest dungeon for NM/HM respectively.

The rewards for running those dungeons is also too low, since the battlepass would offer you a large amounts of mats, you wouldn't have to run the dungeons so often to upgrade your equipment. Easy mode gives no scale fragment boxes while NM only drops two boxes that give a very low amount of scales and only ONE person can get it. I was told that getting scales from HM is a lot easier but how are people supposed to run them when it's so difficult to acquire the materials necessary to upgrade  your gear?

In the current state of the game, only casual players benefit from it. You get a decent amount of fragments for your dailies but if you are a more dedicated player you are forced to spend a lot of time farming dungeons for very low gains.

Do not forget: We basically got 25% of the patch that KR got in one go. 

But don't expect any soul fiesta to be as good as KR's.... there's no way. If this comes to NA/EU, we obviously will have worse rewards than them. 

17 minutes ago, Amane said:

Do not forget: We basically got 25% of the patch that KR got in one go. 

But don't expect any soul fiesta to be as good as KR's.... there's no way. If this comes to NA/EU, we obviously will have worse rewards than them. 

It's a given that we will get fewer rewards because they are more ahead of us. At this point I'd settle for some rewards instead of no rewards

Edited by Tomonori

As long as people spend money on troves, why the hell should they do anything except for the bare minimum ?
We always were treated like ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤, we are being treated like ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ and we will forever be treated like ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤, point was made at the very beginning of the game.
Their goal is to frustrate the player base enough to spend money on troves and not too much so enough players keep "playing" the game.
Doesn t matter if it s the same players, as long as the number is in the expected range.

You guys are missing the point, it doesn't matter how we have been treated so far or how worse our version of x or y would be if we were to get. The point is, normal mode dungeons are extremely unrewarding, we are bringing it up so that they can find a way to improve it.

The solution doesn't have to be something complex, lets imagine if they add a single scale fragment chest to dynamic quest:

For nocturnal scales:

With rotating scales between 6 people in 6 runs you will get 2.6 scale fragments on average. If you check the numbers i wrote on previous post its 4 times of what we currently get on average, and its the same as what we were getting by doing same normal mode runs before dungeon changes.

For shimmering scales:

With rotating scales between 6 people in 6 runs you will get 1.3 scale fragments on average. If you check the numbers i wrote on previous post its 4 times of what we currently get on average, and it will be sadly still 50% less than what we were getting by doing same normal mode runs before dungeon changes. (currently we get 87.5% less fragments on average compared to before)

So in conclusion, as i wrote in previous post too, it would be nice if NC added soul fiesta and/or battlepass or "literally anything" to compensate for the insane reduction for the normal mode fragment gains.

It doesnt have to be something nice like KR got, but even if they add 1 fragment chest to dynamic quests it would be better than what we currently have and it would be such a simple thing to add for them too, it wont be as nice as what KR has yes but it will be "something", or some improvement to the current system.

So, @Hime, If you can see how unrewarding normal mode runs currently are compared to past, would it be possible to fix or improve that somehow?

22 hours ago, Sorcerino said:

As long as people spend money on troves, why the hell should they do anything except for the bare minimum ?
We always were treated like ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤, we are being treated like ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ and we will forever be treated like ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤, point was made at the very beginning of the game.
Their goal is to frustrate the player base enough to spend money on troves and not too much so enough players keep "playing" the game.
Doesn t matter if it s the same players, as long as the number is in the expected range.

You basically presented the reason that this game will NEVER be a top 10 MMO. Playing against the community is the worst thing you can do.