Request of an anti-cheat.

Shirayuky

2 hours ago, Nagisa Yuki said:

You're a lil delusional 🤪 @wardenlynftw 

Where?

you're acting like all active pvp and pve players in EU BG discord are cheaters.

Can you point out where did I say that?

most of the annoying auto tabbers or xmlers in 6v6 for example aren't even in the discord.

I didn't even mention those people, but I guess because you're godlike and know everything this should be the absolute truth then.

and i don't think EU is the only region in this game xd. You're mostly mentioning specific EU cases, that's not gonna fix the game.

I don't play neither I should play any other region that is not EU, so I could care less what happens with the rest of servers honestly, the situation it is what it is in EU, other regions I don't know, I ignore it because it has no relevance for me.

anyways people selling gold or selling their accounts is the least of their concern now :d

Should be their main concern, as this is the root of all the problem, no gold selling no account selling = no cheaters interest because there's no cash profit from it.

3 hours ago, Nagisa Yuki said:

Some of y'all are real funny with your theories. u should prolly just not talk. Oh well it's content tho 😳

And some of you should stop selling exitlag for gold and then gold for cash, or just not talk at all if you're part of submerged economy problem 😳

33 minutes ago, Gegi said:

Steps to improve our non existend anti cheat system:

• A support / active game mod team who actively have a look into suspicious people.
  • A client sided anti cheat to prevent easily hooking into the bns client.
  • A server sided anti cheat to check suspicious movement (fly/speed hack) and other conditions.
  • Rework of the XML structure to prevent using autocasts

/cc @Hime

I agree as long as, like I said, we don't get an intrusive anti cheat, like the first GameGuard was.

Xigncode was fine, but anti cheats should NEVER interact with your PC outside the game. If the anti cheat stops game if it detects Cheat Engine or memory editing on the game, then that's fine, but not more than that.

And most of all we need active support MODERATION. Anti cheat will barely solve anything if you don't start properly checking logs of reports.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shiro said:

wardenlynftw has a point though about the double standards of this community, that cheating is fine as long as it's cheats you do yourself, only otherwise cheating bad! Not related to something an anti-cheat can solve but, imagine if there was a petition to get active support to ban all account & gold buying/selling and how many people would get mad on that, mostly people that want an anti cheat here so badly might I add, the irony.

Thanks for your support, truly appreciate it. Yes imagine getting rid of all the people who destroy the game economy because it takes them 0 efford to obtain gold or resources with all sort of cheats, bugs or exploits, so legit good players can't play the game instead.

5 minutes ago, Shiro said:

I agree as long as, like I said, we don't get an intrusive anti cheat, like the first GameGuard was.

Xigncode was fine, but anti cheats should NEVER interact with your PC outside the game. If the anti cheat stops game if it detects Cheat Engine or memory editing on the game, then that's fine, but not more than that.

And most of all we need active support MODERATION. Anti cheat will barely solve anything if you don't start properly checking logs of reports.

Agree with you, some games detect CE client running and doesn't even start the game.

However the moderation which is the most important part sadly is not going to happen, NCW is overall in bankrupt because the company is poorly managed and needs money injection from NCSoft, therefore they cut expenses to the minimum and this affects their workers, they fired babbletr0n, liinxy, etc etc because of that, so asking for a moderator that hunts in-game shady people or searches actively to find cheats, hacks, gold sell etc, not going to happen, that's our reality, sadly, great game poor management.

Yes, an active GM staff would be ideal.

Yes, a good support team that actually considers proof against cheaters would be great.

But the game is at the point where it doesn't need "great" or "ideal" solutions to the issue.

It needs "Any" solutions to the issue.

Edited by GenericNick
  • Like 2

Vanilla players don't spend money while those using third party apps to mod the game do. This is pretty much fact. None of the big end game whales are vanilla players and you can fight me on this.

Saying you want an anti cheat is saying you want the game to die. Add in the anti cheat and I guarantee you that this game will be dead first quarter next year. If you alienate your paying player base your game dies, full stop. 

Edited by RockmanEXE

1 hour ago, RockmanEXE said:

Vanilla players don't spend money while those using third party apps to mod the game do. This is pretty much fact. None of the big end game whales are vanilla players and you can fight me on this.

Saying you want an anti cheat is saying you want the game to die. Add in the anti cheat and I guarantee you that this game will be dead first quarter next year. If you alienate your paying player base your game dies, full stop. 

Say that for yourself, I trove with ncoin and vanilla ... Oh right my destro 4-4 can't auto air anymore ... Everyone counter so easely with triggers ROFLMAO

And I barely farm hmc, btw lot of people farm HMC on NA characters and EU characters,

you should unshare the hmc between region just saying ...

Edited by RinDman

The problem isn't having an anti cheat.. (they usually can be bypassed)

But the fact that they aren't banning people that get caught cheating, especially their favorite whale clan which we cannot even name without risking a ban..
Funny how they do ban people for calling out cheaters, but the actual cheaters still aren't banned over a year later.

If you just start banning cheaters, others will stop.

Or they'll get bored of having to make new accounts everytime.. and stop playing.

Edited by sFMos

2 hours ago, RockmanEXE said:

Worst argument ever.

Allowing cheaters to play will only make them lose money, because people will quit the game.

These whales would just start over if you ban them, and actually play fair after.
And if not, so be it. No reason to accept cheating.

Edited by sFMos
  • Like 1

It's really pathetic how cheating is normalized in this game. Now you give it an all polished new look and if you ever wanna be attractive to a decent playerbase, you  gotta start moderating this game and permaban known cheaters even if they've payed tons of money for their account. 

Let's be honest though, its not like you give a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ or have any integrity left anyways. So let's just keep troving everybody! Prove their business model right :*

Worst argument ever.

Allowing cheaters to play will only make them lose money, because people will quit the game.

These whales would just start over if you ban them, and actually play fair after.
And if not, so be it. No reason to accept cheating.

Edited 2 hours ago by sFMos 

Naw the real worst argument is the dribble you just posted.

Edited by RockmanEXE

Not implementing anti-cheat measure with the rollout of UE4 was a HUGE fail.  Lots of people came back to play, and for the most part I am extremely happy with the performance of UE4.  It would have been the perfect time to buckle down on the rules.  The longer they wait to fix it and start banning, the more people will turn to cheats.  I am quite sure more people have left because of the cheating than have stayed because they can get away with it.

1: We all know that the real problem at the moment is not only the Anti Cheat, because they can release the anti cheat and the heartbeat to shut us up but still not care about what happens if the Anti Cheat is bypassed.
As you can see we don't actually have a community manager that moderates the game in general, or fully aware of what is actually going on, that is actually the serious problem in my point of view and I hope you don't misunderstand my criticism but honestly the community manager is not aware of anything of what is happening in community which is a massive big deal.

2: They showed us that they don't actually care, most of the players on discord were sharing screenshots of them getting warned by the support cuz they flamed someone in the game chat, but the speedhackers etc were not banned after being reported, I am telling you I have reported a speedhacker and an xml jumper in 6v6 which is a competitive map with whales in it and they didn't get banned at all even tho the video is clear and it has the proof, but I got the copy pasta and that's it.

3: Cheating in blade and soul became the new normal and that is also a huge problem, if you don't cheat you can't compete PERIOD. look at the cm ladder, solo dungeon ladders, I won't give any details on what I know cuz I might get banned from the forum for name shaming and such but if you don't cheat too you can't compete, the normal players are FORCED to cheat, I am honest with you are FORCED, if you gear up and whale and farm for your gear and you need rewards and such and you don't cheat in certain content you will never rank up.

I hope I didn't offend anyone, but seriously I don't know how are you going to fix the game, but I am so close to quit and give up even tho I love the game so much.

Edited by Hellway
  • Like 1

i dont think they will rework XML structure since that'd neet to get through with NCsoft in KR. and as we know, dont think they care enough for that to be very honest but we can hope! all ur other points are very good and realistic though and steps that defintely should be taken.

I can only hope that what ever they implement, it is not like how it was in the past.
They should take time to make sure the system actually works and not rush to put in the game just because of people crying for it. Make it work properly. Which they should have done before, but we can't know the reasons why they did not do it in the first place and can only assume.

• Like 1

i dont need anti yes this person @WarBoob is right remove hm coin too much gold digger keep crying even blade and soul giving them free hm coin still no respect to blade and soul and keep tell other people to leave while they never leave and let leave other player 

also plz focus on game performance and  update new Ui size is overlarge and oversmall not fix 

and need more graphic it cutting too much and blur too much 

plz lock this stupid post and focus on game performance 

no one selling thornwind at all waste of farming on low dropscale at all 

no one would do cheat they know they cant get banned anytime if anyone record video and reported them 

these all player here are guild of guild - asking friend to friend to abuse topic and creating multiple threats on it 

@Hime

• Thanks 1

The cheats went since Godsword xml really over the top.
Its literally destroying grp content and is cheating normal player of their hard earned money/gold by selling runs to them.
Back then there where tons of farm grps and ppl running dungeons now its pretty much hard to even find grps since ppl soloing or duoing all day the hardest dungeons.
Player literally get forced to cheat so they even can get content done, that just have to stop.
I literally cant see ppl who play this game as what it is a " game" enjoying to learn instead the dungeon mechanics how to propperly use 3d party tools and the strats how to clear solo with them.
This cheating make this game to a solo game, esp with the selling it reduces chances of grp finding for normal player even further

Edited by Dema

1 hour ago, WarBoob said:

we Dont need anti cheat just remove hm coin from pvp solution all of u free player want free hm coin 

what about when CM was abused? and jump xml? and fly hack? is this fine? cuz i dun think that has anything to do with HM coin, what about speedhack? are you fine with it? what about the godsword? is that also cool? what do you think about GCD? what about multi clienting and going into 6v6/arena to fight yourself instead of fighting actual players? very nice yeah?  remove hm coins but not mention all of this? xd

Edited by Hellway

29 minutes ago, Kicsiduda said:

in pve, if you don't use gcd hax, you are considered weak by elitists.

Same goes for XMLs - if you don't alter your rotation, people will say it's bad. I know of people who got refused raid spots just on the basis of their parse spread looking "not optimal". By that they meant "not hacked enough".

This needs to stop.

At all costs.

• Like 1

Let's be honest, the anti-cheat will only make the barrier of entry higher. It'll also possibly make it an "exclusive club" (you may not want your anti-anti-cheat to become public so that it doesn't get busted so soon).

But the worst, is that we all know NC won't act on whales, they've been cheating for years (account sharing, godsword, automated "gameplay" in areas you're not allowed to, botting,...) and they never got anything done to their account despite the proofs.

They'll only ban the people at the bottom and let cheating be rampant and be a whale exclusive. Even worse, they'll say "we're sorry here is 20k HMC" to them when they'll complain their account got even just suspended.

This is the "two-tier justice" of F2P games.

Edited by SomeRandhundo

Although I myself am not using any modifications to the game, please do not act like you all will stay if they enable the anti cheat program on the game. You all will then complain about not being geared, the payment model, and next thing you know, we will have a casual focused scrub fest of a game like ff14 and pso2. Players who quit the game and are returning should have the least priority when it comes to demands. 

19 hours ago, WarBoob said:

we Dont need anti cheat just remove hm coin from pvp solution all of u free player want free hm coin 

Then there will be little reason to pvp at all besides fusion stones, the players I see at the top of battlegrounds worked hard and deserve to be there no matter how much of a pos some of them are to players. You just sound jealous.