Request of an anti-cheat.

Shirayuky

@Hime Pls Anti-Cheat in PvP! - If it's possible pls integrate QoL in PvE, like opening chests faster, transmute faster, upgrading stuff faster, a setting for skipping video scenes always, rebinding keys, and so on. 

This simple changes would rather keep people away to use cheats. Pls Anti-Cheat!

• Like 6

@Hime i totaly agree with the community the only thing that is holding this game from becomeing more popular is cheats aka xml addons and cheat engine and god knows what else is hidden from most of the community.

ALSO something rly important that i found out about the new dungeon changes except that easy mode take ages to clear.(and with next patch that is gonan be fixed)
when call to arms event end, and ppl dont get Thornbreaker weapon for free. they wont be able to use the dungeon lobby properly or more specifically the LFP(look for party) button. 

since the story gives out an exalted weapon while the dungeon requirement is a grand celestial stage 3 which means new/returning players who missed the call to arms event wont be able to do any daily.

ima post a picture from f8(dungeon lobby) with the problem i just mentioned
as you can see i cant use the LFP button since i dont meet the requirements

solutions: lower the req for easy mode. or just make grand celestial stage 3 the story weapon.

i hope hime sees this its KINDA important.
ZalkZf8.jpg

Have a ncie day hime keep up the hard work

Edited by StevOP
forgot to add stuff
  • Like 4

Ah yes bring back the glorious Anti Cheat software that helped the game so much.  Clearly those bots in Misty Woods didn't exist, nor the ones that ran through ssp, or the gold bots, or the wonderful sign up for stingers bots, or even those summoner bots in arena.  Clearly the xml edits haven't existed before and after anti cheat was enabled and disabled.  We have had cheaters in this game since the beginning with two different anti cheat software in place and all it accomplished was make an already struggling engine run even worse.  

Most people either didn't play or want to forget the days of GameGuard and Xigncode and want to potentially hinder UE4, which is already too much for a lot of people.  An anti cheat program will not stop anything anyone has brought up in this thread and will just be a performance inhibitor for some players.  Also with NCSoft's track record on anti cheat this thread will turn from oh we need it to omg my game is unplayable now, because that is what happened the two times they tried in the past.

I'm all for NCSoft implementing ways to fix this, but with their track record an anti cheat software isn't the way.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, StevOP said:

@Hime i totaly agree with the community the only thing that is holding this game from becomeing more popular is cheats aka xml addons and cheat engine and god knows what else is hidden from most of the community.

ALSO something rly important that i found out about the new dungeon changes except that easy mode take ages to clear.(and with next patch that is gonan be fixed)
when call to arms event end, and ppl dont get Thornbreaker weapon for free. they wont be able to use the dungeon lobby properly or more specifically the LFP(look for party) button. 

since the story gives out an exalted weapon while the dungeon requirement is a grand celestial stage 3 which means new/returning players who missed the call to arms event wont be able to do any daily.

ima post a picture from f8(dungeon lobby) with the problem i just mentioned
as you can see i cant use the LFP button since i dont meet the requirements

solutions: lower the req for easy mode. or just make grand celestial stage 3 the story weapon.

i hope hime sees this its KINDA important.
ZalkZf8.jpg

Have a ncie day hime keep up the hard work

It's ok soon the story will give you thornbreaker weapon chest anyway so this doesn't matter.

Also anticheat does far more than you guys realise but currently game is honestly more fair because instead of the top few % of people who can just bypass anticheats even with heartbeat (as is proved by plenty of other games), these things are basically publically available and accessible by anyone. As well as the fact that it's generally people who play 24/7 and spend money in the game are going to be top in rankings. Obviously there are always exceptions such as differences like ping and computer performace; but for the most part better gear is going to be better ranking for 6v6 or ToI etc. In regards to arena, anticheat does nothing for people wintrading at stupidly high rating (previously dead playerbase made this even easier and made reaching diamond almost impossible feat) and majority of these players wintrading were actually good at arena anyway but because it was so dead were almost forced to do so or you wait 30 minutes for a match.

TLDR: big spenders and tryhards will be top of rankings anyway

On another note, it's a company, they are there to make money. Suddenly revoking probably at least majority of the playerbase will mean they do not make money. It's not feasible to happen. In addition to thise, BnS 2 is also on it's way and already announced with multiple teasers meaning that interest for current UE4 BnS as far as NCSoft are concerned is nonexistent. Current BnS UE4 is just an open alpha for BnS 2 prove me wrong :conehead:

• Like 1

This is going to be a bit of a long rant and as a discalme I'm by no means a game developer and I'm sure people can come up with better ways this could be implemented. But there is a lot more to consider than just slapping on a random anti cheat and magicly all a game's deep rooted issues are fixed. 

First of all, like a few other people have already touched on, client based Anti cheat are pretty much completely ineffective, if software is running on a pc even with a “heartbeat”  there will always be a way of bypassing it. it's just a matter of when. 

The only thing an classic anti-cheat will result in is potentially lower performance of the game, limit what you can do on your own computer while playing a game and further the divide between normal players who just want to play the game and ones who heavily exploit the game and the obvious privacy issues with the majority of Anti cheat.

By adding an anti cheat in a way that a lot of people have suggested in this post there will be large sections of the community who will dislike this change who will likely quit. The anti cheats previously used in this game also drove out massive parts of the playerbase not because they could not cheat but because it heavily impacted the games playability.

From Nc softs perspective this would be a very bad business decision since a game when it comes down to it is a product and it's about profitability for the company of that product and adding an Anti cheat would be considered a high risk. As it only takes a few big whales to quit for the game to dramatically lose profitability (even with all the returning players)

So let's be real, this game has got a serious hacking problem, and the devs are not blind to this. They are very aware that a lot of players are booting, using fly hacks, speed hacks you name it, someone has probably done it and more. 

The main reason why people hack or exploit games is to give themselves an advantage but if it's more inconvenient than playing there will be less reason to do it. Doing some basic server side checks like how fast has a player moved if a character is flying (there are a few ways this could be done), has a boss died in a weird way cough cough tc boss 1. 

The basic idea of it is to add some level of unknown on how something gets flagged as exploiting and also add risk for participating with people who are using exploit in pve content. pvp i'm fairly certain something similar could be done. There is a lot of possibility on how something like this could be done, the only thing that is important is not to have a too low threshold to avoid people from being banned.

Im all for an anti-cheat. The thing is that alone won’t fix the problem(s) in this game. Other than that NCwest needs to up their moderation game. 

1. Put actual GMs in the game. Remember how that GM Justin used to sit in game and see people bot mushin tower for unity xp. Yea like that. Something similar can be done with PVE dungeons, but it isn’t. Because people who actually wanna do their job and fix the issues in the game left the company 🙂

2. The obvious rule breaking in modes like arena 1v1 and 3v3 where people wintrade. Simply spectating a match would do, but if that wasn’t enough proof to take action u could always see ladder timings and investigate the accounts and characters which lost and won against each other.

there’s more things like this which simply aren’t fixed by just putting in an anti cheat. 

anyways i’ve been trying to make forum posts about the big problems in this game for a while and i’m happy that more people decide to do so since ue4.

PS. Actually very good example of this is the Russian server where they do have heartbeat + actually manage their game 🙂

Edited by Nagisa Yuki
  • Like 6

Alright so as many have said, there are plenty of reasons to add an anti cheat to this game, be it because game performance is now good and the update has brought many players, old and new alike, be it because there are plenty of people using exploits, tools and anything really to break the game in many ways, or be it because people using said things are legit ruining ladders.

But I just feel like mentioning how BAD the situation is where people are actually defending the usage of cheats. The community has become so used to abusing literally everything possible to gain an advantage, and using 3rd party tools has pretty much become the norm for any player. 

A lot of these people defending the use of cheats and 3rd party tools (granted in this forum post is not a lot of people) go by the excuse that people are hypocrites because they use it themselves, when in fact a LOT of players are pretty much forced to use them if they want to stay competitive in any way, since otherwise people using them just have too much of an advantage on ladders; or that it would remove a lot of "QoL changes" which is just a lame excuse for saying "I don't want to learn the class I play as it was intended to". It's just hilarious to me to think that using cheats is just something that is just so normal for players in this community that they simply put these excuses just for the sake of continuing using cheats.

You guys really have a chance to make this right. UE4 Update is actually pretty good, so please don't screw this up, you still got time.

@Hime

• Like 2

In the Korean server, even if someone is a "whale" and caught cheating, they get no mercy and get perma banned. How come we can't have that same treatment here? @Hime 
These people have no respect for competition and I doubt they have even learned any sort of proper manners, since you're literally taught in school to not cheat. I've witnesses some of these cheaters have baby tantrums when caught cheating and called out. They're dismissive of the fact they're cheating and try to justify themselves. They're spoiled.

If you're not going to implement the anti-cheat, then start taking reports seriously. Countless reports are filed and you do nothing. You rather give out 3 day bans for people's F2s because it's easy. I do wonder if some of the employees go into the office and just to look like they are doing something, they do these petty bans instead of nailing down the cheaters and even the multi abusers that make people carry their afks through content. I guarantee you that there is more work to be done in this game. I pay for this game for what? Now I can finally kick them from raids since UE4 allows me to play with characters on and I can see who is a multi abuser.

The game feels more alive after years and I'll never forget what another player that used to pay a lot into the game told me. "No point in spending money in this game if cheaters can buy ranks for just $5." And I no longer see this huge whale in the game anymore. He's right. There's many legit paying customers, myself included, who will spend twice as much for every single one of these cheaters you axe. It's my favorite MMO afterall, so just take out the garbage already.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Shirayuky said:

Hello,

I would like to address an issue that we as players are facing in Blade & Soul currently where some players are abusing the fact that the game has no protection by using Cheat Engine or tampering with the game files to change the way a class is played in order to achieve high rankings in PvE or PvP.

Many of us have approached you guys in hope that we would get a response regarding implementing a Game Guard with the heart beat functionality to have a healthy environment where nobody is cheating because they expect no penalty towards doing so.

The UE4 update brought back many players or even new ones which excites all of us but that comes at the cost of knowing that the other side of the game is mainly cheating and abusing.

In-game faction chat is a live example where people are selling runs of dungeons while using Fly Hack or any sort of method to skip mechanics.

All in all, many of us consider to stop playing the game because of that matter and we really hope to have a response from you guys regarding this since reporting didn't really help much at all.

@Hime

She said everything. We need something againt cheat and co.

• Like 2

Back in the days of ue3, ppl said they use xmls and gcd hax to compensate lag. Now they don't have that excuse, they just cheat because they can, thinking "cheating is now part of the game brah, they can't ban us all lol".
When everyone says you are doing bad dps because you don't use gcd is sad

• Like 4

Hey, 

I'm actually not sure what's possible for you guys to do reading this topic, but reading the overwhelming feedback and wishes of the players, i hope you can make them be seen. React to it, don't keep quiet, share it with the people that can make a change. I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but i do hope you are standing up for your community. A lot of us put many years in this game, built up friendships and have a lot of good memories we connect with the game. Help us keeping them and changing it for the better.

@Hime

• Like 2

dont get me wrong, i hate cheating, wintrading, piloting etc and i really had hope that it would change with UE4 but you are so hypocrite holy sht.

and just because one person now tagged you in BG discord that you can write something under this post u spam hime but before this everyone shut his mouth and also cheat. sorry is still cheating.

imagine people blaming because of wintrading in arena but with the same breath they kill other people the fun in BG because they pilot whole ladders for gold to get their rl money.

Edited by Miindy

@LefpaWhat is going on is players do not know what they want. They say "anti-cheat now" but they are so ignorant to fact that it will not fix cheating issues. It will be bypassed in a week or so.

What is needed it's actual hands on reports, responding to them, giving out harsher punishments with them becoming even worse with repeating offences and fixing damn game.

Why the hell can someone just solo TC in 3 minutes? Why can they speed/fly hack through flame, chi recover and bait boss to water for instant death? And I'm not talking about sin, summoner, blade dancer cheese on miniboss. I am talking about actual boss.

12 minutes ago, Miindy said:

dont get me wrong, i hate cheating, wintrading, piloting etc and i really had hope that it would change with UE4 but you are so hypocrite holy sht.

and just because one person now tagged you in BG discord that you can write something under this post u spam hime but before this everyone shut his mouth and also cheat. sorry is still cheating.

imagine people blaming because of wintrading in arena but with the same breath they kill other people the fun in BG because they pilot whole ladders for gold to get their rl money.

The community is still coming together to ask for what's needed for the game. How can you even take the importance out of this just because someone initiated the movement. Lmfao.

• Like 3

Half of these comments are plain black and white thinking. Bots were rampant during anti-cheat existence back in the day, in both GameGuard and xIgncode. Bypass methods were publicly available and used without any backlash from the company because people were able to launch the game now to buff up those quarterly numbers :^)

Enabling an anti-cheat means nothing but personal validation to say that "we have this" and feel good about it. Still boils down to NCSofts moderation team in the end, which is what it is with people wintrading to the top blatantly that NCSoft still hasn't taken enough personal action. It's going to be laughable if bringing another if not the same anti-cheats, will prevent people from launching the game or giving them increased ping again, which is a big part of why people left in the past despite game being heavily wallet based.

28 minutes ago, stahp said:

Bypass methods were available because of the way they implemented it.

Bypass methods are always available.

28 minutes ago, stahp said:

There are safe ways to implement an anticheat that would make it very hard to be hacked.

Only show you don't know what you talking about.

Even industry's current best anti-cheat Riot's Vanguard was bypassed and you are talking about "safe ways" 😄

Xigncode is like little cute red panda compared to Riot's hitman.

Edited by Minimihi