Request of an anti-cheat.

Shirayuky

Hello dear GMs and @Hime,

Please forward to NCKR/Devs/your superiors that, we are REALLY looking forward for the anti cheat and incoming fixes. (Specially on fixing  your webservice api/etc ... Because BNS Life or other sites are  using your non https WebAPI to read our characters info and skillstree ... Next time what kind of info they'll obtain from our Characters ?!)

The game runs perfectly fine when we meet the requirement and I seriously doubt any anti cheat would break the game ... Why WEST is the only region without anti cheat ? There's no more reason now

Regards

• Like 10

I've played multiple mmorpgs so far, each one of them was lacking something, but to me BnS gathered everything in one game. Gameplay, storyline, characters, animations, game systems, situational skills bindings, dungeons and raids mechanics and especially PvP in both arena and battlegrounds, the game is a BEAST. To me, the game was doing fine graphics quality wise on UE3 but i admit that it had hard time keeping up with its own content using that engine and UE4 simply got rid of that problem while bringing even better graphics, FPS and ping were never that great.

However, i've been missing the old days where the game had players that actually "played" it. People used to practice mechanics, learn how their class works to improve in PvP and overall simply "THINKING". It all started with a simple edit to bring back dps meter you guys once removed, then to add quality of life features such as instant chest opening and transmutation, but since then, it only went downhil with people starting to edit the game just to cheat. We old players who have been there from the beginning and know about how fun it has been when there weren't cheaters as there are now and we all wish to get rid of those once and for good, with something other than simply banning them, since they could just make other accounts to get back at it. That tool would be an anti cheat system with heartbeat feature.

I've never really considered community movement to reach out for game owners, but this time i felt like i really needed to, since i love the game and have been playing it ever since it was released.

@HimePlease help us.

Edited by KasuganoHaruka
  • Like 12

Hypocrite everywhere. The most of the ppl here in the forum are still using cheats, flyhacks and XML edits. 

I prefer to play the game smoothly instead of having 20 FPS because XingCode3 or sth else is running in the background but ngl, its funny to see how many known cheaters and XML abusers are complaining about no anticheat.

So no anticheat is the better decision, ty! @Hime

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I second this. I have played this game for countless of hours since its release in the west and have seen the amount of rampant cheating/tampering done be one of the main reasons people lose interest in the game. This is not only due to there being virtually no punishment towards even heavy offenders, but also due to the lack of interaction and serious concern from NC about these issues. If you want this game to succeed in the future, and I really do hope that was the intention with the unreal engine 4 update, please implement some kind of anti cheat solution and provide active feedback when I and others report players. Part of trusting a publisher to do a good job is proper feedback, without it we can only rely on making assumptions which with all the cheating still going on won't be in your favor. 

@Hime

• Like 10

Hi

UE4 was the right move for the performance of the game. Now, to fix the other half of the game, an Anti-Cheat is needed. Meanwhile cheating has corrupted any sort of content (pve and pvp) its necessary to create a fair environment for every player without exceptions. UE4 resulted in a hype for new and returning players but it will flat off when fair-play has no meaning and cheating will be rewarded in ladders like challange-mode. Even people are sharing videos with some sorts of add-ons running and not getting punished. This has to stop.

@Hime

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Okey... Let's give a little response to players cause the hypocrisy level is going beyond its limit right now.

Anticheat itself is not going to solve anything you are basically asking for a software to monitor your PC with little to no knowledge of if it's just the game or if it does more than it needs to. And if you do a little research around the Anticheats you will find a lot of interesting stuff about them so go do that before you respond with “We need anticheat”.

Great example of a bad usage of Anticheat you can find in Valorant when the program was running even if you were not playing the game. Hymm…. I don’t know about you but I'm pretty sure I don't need a program that will run in the background to supposedly do “nothing” when am not playing the game.

Now when it comes to cheating, think of what you consider as a cheat. Of course the Cheat Engine is a cheat and the fact that it works is not because of anticheat lack, but because of bad coding performed by the developers. Like Daaamm… It’s actually quite funny that an MMO RPG in 2021 can be hacked by just using a Cheat Engine that takes some skill right?

XML’s and QoL addons are less harmful, and I'm pretty sure a XML that makes box’s open faster is not a game advantage, or XML that just moves certain abilities or changes simple mode because the majority of simple modes are just BAD. People back in the days were complaining at Macro Users so they added in-game macro but worse not editable, did that fix anything? Probably not.

Also when it comes to Selling, this is in any MMO you play, it’s just BnS has more unfortunate ways of doing it due to exploits and unfixed bugs that are fixed late. And that is just how MMO’s work so using it as an argument is just invalid. 

As for last before you make your post with “pls we need anticheat” have a little research, think don’t follow like a sheep and give a valid reason and opinion.

Personally i don’t think Anticheat is needed, i would rather have a game developers to improve the code so basic stuff like "Cheat Engine” don’t work, more often bug fixing and not relying on the KR updates to fix the mistakes, cause that is actually more harmful than people using their fast transmute addon.

Regards

Your double astro buffer

Edited by IMadori
  • Like 5

@HimeI fully support anti cheat. UE3 was badly optimized so read on reddit ppl used third party tool to make things "smoother", but literally there is no valid reason to have it in unreal engine 4. UE4 is very optimized, I get no fps drops and the ping is amazing. The people that want to use third party tools should get banned by the anti cheat tool, including those that bypass it. The people that need this tool, even in ue4 are people that need to upgrade their pc. If you don't have money for it, finish your degree or get a job. No reason for a third party tool to exist in UE4. 

• Like 6

100 percent agree with implementing the anti cheat and as well agreeing with people claiming this is a new beginning and it's time for NC to make a line.. enough of the automatic support responses when we report someone, enough of the xmls that break the game, enough of the third party programs in BNS.... this is a second chance for NC to make Blade and Soul great again.... and I am not only appealing on you to activate the anticheat but as well punish those who decide to ignore the rules, or decide to cheat.... make an example out of them, show them, that no matter who they are, how much they spent in the game, they are not untouchable... that they can't just go and modify the game to their liking before it's not too late... Plenty of players came back, the game seems more alive, don't let those people destroy it once again to dust....

UE4 works smoothly and nicely.... make it again an attractive fair game for everyone ^^ @Hime

Edited by Cordelia885
  • Like 6

It's time to take care of this game.

Instead of tricking users with fancy boxes, offer a cheat-free environment.

You did a big update, you updated the game engine, but you didn't win anyone.

We did not expect such a big irresponsibility

@Hime

Edited by Cirwe
  • Like 4

@Hime @Rynara @Amraith

I wish I was wrong, but I'm afraid this will most likely be totally futile and they will ignore this thread like it didn't happen.

Also I don't know if this was mentioned by anyone (don't have time to read all the replies) but most players would like to be able to customize their skills to some extent, like moving a skill to another key, or disable more than 5 skills (it's currently limited to 5). Some people use xml edits just for "quality of life" and essentially harmless stuff, and personally I don't think that's bad, thats why i think it should be a feature of the game itself. 

But other players use xml edits to auto-escape in battlegrounds, to avoid wipes in dungeons with the widely known "jetpack", etc.

And this is just about XML edits.

Then there's cheat engine, which almost everyone has been using in the past dungeon challenge for no-gravity (in addition to the jetpack aswell before it was removed in the UE3 client) to get more orbs and therefore more points.

This is ridiculous.

No serious or respectable company would have any of their games in such an embarrassing status, where players do whatever they want, and without consequences.

And i'm pretty sure that in the end all of this ends up in a loss of money for ncsoft (since thats all you probably care about... but idk if you don't realize or what). Because people decide to stop paying rl money (me, for example), a lot of people just quit, a lot more who could've heard of this game don't even start playing at all when they are told that the game is as ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ up as it is.

There's not much else to say. Just that it's really depressing that an awesome MMO like bns is being managed like this.

We the players would really appreciate that you guys showed at least a little transparency and honesty, but that really never seems to happen.

Sad.

• Like 5