Request of an anti-cheat.

Shirayuky

Hello,

I would like to address an issue that we as players are facing in Blade & Soul currently where some players are abusing the fact that the game has no protection by using Cheat Engine or tampering with the game files to change the way a class is played in order to achieve high rankings in PvE or PvP.

Many of us have approached you guys in hope that we would get a response regarding implementing a Game Guard with the heart beat functionality to have a healthy environment where nobody is cheating because they expect no penalty towards doing so.

The UE4 update brought back many players or even new ones which excites all of us but that comes at the cost of knowing that the other side of the game is mainly cheating and abusing.

In-game faction chat is a live example where people are selling runs of dungeons while using Fly Hack or any sort of method to skip mechanics.

All in all, many of us consider to stop playing the game because of that matter and we really hope to have a response from you guys regarding this since reporting didn't really help much at all.

@Hime

• Like 34
  • Thanks 5

This is a very good overview of what is currently happening in the game.
Especially regarding new players, they will join an environment full of cheaters in both PvP and PvE, which would make it so they'd leave the game soon enough because there's no Game Guard activated and allows people to cheat without consequences. 

Us regular players are indeed getting tired of the fact that cheaters are ignored, leaving us demotivated to continue players because cheaters are taking over anyways.
This topic really needs some serious thought and could return the game to a cheat-free environment.

@Hime

• Like 22

Hello @Hime,

can you have a look into this please? The UE4 update brought us many old players which mainly quit the game because of performance and no anti cheat system back. To keep this players we really need an proper anticheat system.

UE4 was a success but don't destroy this succes with not adding an proper anti cheat. 

Thanks.

• Like 21

Hello,

This is a true request from the players who truly love this game, and want to play it without witnessing the continuous abuse it's being exposed to for many years now. 

The majority of the community hates seeing cheaters getting away with their actions, the abuse, the illegal gain of many things in game and irl that they shouldn't be able to achieve with the right moderation of the game. 

Dear devs, I encourage you to take a step forward and dive into your own game's community and their issues to attempt solving them, I encourage you to find the discord channels out there dedicated for the consistent abuse of your game, and trust me they are so easy to find, it's so common, so known, so wrong for it all to be this way. 

Please don't give the typical replies of "You can submit a ticket there, or report a player there" and actually start the much needed, demanded work of minimizing the cheat and illegal usage of the game that goes against many points of the TOS popup that appears every time we've been logging into the game for the past 6 years. 

We wish you take this seriously and update is quickly with talks of the anti cheats and punishing those who abuse the game. 

@Hime

Edited by RsSCakes
Tagging the MVP
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Imagine playing this game without addons these days.

And besides, depending on anti cheat, it can make people quit too. The first GG we had was literally shutting down all my sandboxed applications (like web browser) so it was impossible to play with it for me, the XignCode we had was fine though. GG in PSO2 is also fine and not as intrusive.

So yeah no, I'd rather have no anti cheat than risk to actually have to be forced to quit depending on what we get.

Also file modification has nothing to do with anti cheat either it just stops memory editing.

• Like 3

I have already had few friends leaving right after a certain tool was released, I was pretty sad because I was looking up to play with them, but once they saw that XML editing, client editing and whatever used to be in UE3 are back they just gave up, I really hope you can do something about all of this.

• Like 20

Please @Hime,

if you want to make the UE4 update worth all the time and ressources and troubles, there should be an anti cheat implented as soon as possible. WIthout it the Hype created around UE4 will die down and be swallowed by all the talk about cheats. I'm personally already close to quit this game for good because all the cheating is killing the fun. Try to take a lead for the remaining community and forward the anti cheat topic to the higher ups.

Regards Jetlag

• Like 20

@Hime
UE4 was a success, we honestly expected worse from it not gonna lie. But despite the positive feedback we can give for increased Performance, graphics, convenience systems and skillpatches, we have to adress what is threatening to make all the effort that went into UE4, worthless.

Please for the love of this game bring us a strict form of Anticheat. All the returning new players will be scared away by
-the Cheaters ruining the Economy with cheated multiruns and sold bossloot (some players sitting on literal millions from sold Thornwind Cavern runs.)
-XML, Autocaster, Skillpatcher, people cheating their way to victory in Battlegrounds and Arena making the PvP ladder
-Speedhackers left and right
-Jump XMLs to avoid Boss enrages

the list is endless long, and some of these cheats have their roots in the inconvenience this game is made (looking at Box opening times, transmute, The ability to only disable 5 skills and not rebind the abilitys) but others is just blatant cheating for the sake of achieving profit trough high ladder rewards and exploiting the economy.

Last but not least it is sadly known that some of the most spending whales have been banned in the past and unbanned within short times. Other cases sugest that well spending players dont get banned in the first place.
Its apearing to look like this game is not just pay2win but pay2cheat as well.

• Like 18

Hello, 

UE4 is a good upgrade for the engine of the game but we need an anti cheat. However, I'm one of the players who don't have a good PC and there are modifications that allow us to gain in fps and we should be able to do them without risking a ban (provided that these modifications do not allow us to have an advantage) if possible, I'd like to send you the modifications so that you can confirm that it's not a cheat.

I am a pvp player (v6) and it becomes unbearable to see people doing things that are normally impossible

with pleasure to see maybe one day a strict anti-cheat.

please BNS

@Hime

Edited by julo0211
  • Like 14

We don't want to have to modify game files just to stay relevant in rankings and DPS meters. Make the game equal for everyone who just wants to play with normal launcher and chill. Just adding and simple anti-cheat that doesn't allow file tempering is all we ask. Many classes are getting non-justified 15-30% dmg increase for using 3rd party tools and by just editing game files it is really really sad to see and we don't want to need to do it to stay competitive.

This game has so much potential, always had and even more now with this great UE4 upgrade the performance actually doesn't suck anymore so for the love of all that is in master hongs reach stop the cheaters!

@Hime

Edited by MakeTheGOD
fixed tag
  • Like 17

Hello,

I think UE4 was a huge step in the right direction. Playing is fun again and many old and new players appear again. But I fear that if an anti cheat doesn't come into the game soon, all the people will disappear again and we will have the same bad situation as before. You can already see countless people using XMLs, GCD and add-ons, which bring a huge playful advantage and are destroying the game.

please BnS, dont let the game die out again

@Hime

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

With UE4 we all hoped that there will be a change regarding the cheating and abusing that's going on in the game but unfortunately it's still going strong without any action made against it. Please consider adding something to protect this game from being abused and broken so easily. 

Now a days the game is simply just people messing with the memory edits or using cheat engine or any sort of method just to have an advantage over somebody else regardless of what mode you play in the game.

There will surely be people against an anti cheat because they are too used to what they call ''QoL'' Quality of Life but that's just an excuse they use so that they can get away with it.

@Hime

• Like 13

Hello,

UE did really good so far with performance and other stuff.

But one think is still a pain, that we again don't got the Xigncode3 Anti Cheat.

without this there are allready so manny hackers you can't spot and they don't care if you gonna say they got punished for cheating.

so play give us anykind of anticheat.

@Hime

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

@Hime My whole guild Elysium (with many max gear player and people that played since Lvl. 45 content) left this game because there was no anti-cheat...

A Multi Massive Online Game should always have an Anti-Cheat-System. I mean it shouldnt be much but at least something so not EVERYONE can cheat in this game ESPECIALLY if it has pvp accessibility.

I guess with the current state of the NC Stock there will be no point adding anti-cheat anyway since theres not enough budget...sadge :c

• Like 11

@hime

I beg of every single staff behind this game to activate this anti cheat i am seeing people talking about how happy they are that they can cheat now in ease and steal ranks from others by cheating 🤮

did you know that the serve broke because of speed hackers and cheat engine twice before ? please help us

• Like 8

Are you not aware people are literally speedhacking, memediting whatever they want, flyhacking and other position-based edits, using game-breaking addons (like one-shots, insane vertical jumps, skill condition removal) and autocasting xml. And worst of all BOTTING, our hours , days, weeks, months of farming, people are doing AUTOMATICALLY.

CHEAT ENGINE, the most blatant and known cheating program... which DOES NOT even work on FLASH GAMES nowadays, yet here we are playing a game on UE4 that's completely destroyed by a tool from 2001.

The very last bit of integrity in any PVP mode has to be regulated by a community-driven discord server, it's absurd.

You're delusional and ignorant if you still think an anti-cheat it not needed for this game, cheating has crippled the game since 2017, you'll be spending years and years targeting each special case, bug, hack and ticket separately as you have done since 2017, until the game dies.

More importantly, why does the korean client have it, but not ours? Absurd.

Edited by Criticl
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1