September 2021- Game is still broken

Madscream

September 11 - as my birthday present I present you my angry wall of text below.

I wanted to check the game after new update, since I was curious about the game performance. Although game runs smoothly, it still lacks that sharpness and optimalization in zones with high count. Not terrible, but it still sucks to play MSP with 10 FPS.

I was quickly reminded however why I quit playing Blade and Soul.

1. The gap between players performance is too big here. It's kinda stupid that my FM does 3,5 M damage per second and I see people doing 1/4 of this AND people doing 15 M +. Having to do dailies for a month for an upgrade is one thing. Having to compete with other players that do 400% of your damage is another.

In any other MMORPG gear level difference is usually balanced much better. I can't imagine BNS being successfull without entire gear revamp.

2. I am still bombarded on every step with adds advertising game shop "brilliant" limited time purchases. Also, I dont think I need to say it - the game is still pay to win.

3. Running dungeons in F8? Forget it. F8 is almost dead. I am waiting 5 minutes for single person to join.

4. Old dungeons keep disappearing from F8. There is just less to do in the game and there is somehow more cash shop stuff in it.

5. Dungeons are getting harder, so entry level is tougher. Alts become not enjoyable / not possible. For god sake, nerf gear, dont boost dungeon bosses.

6. Game is still made to be unconvenient while every quality of life change people can want from the game is behind Premium. I am done giving you any money unless you actually fix current game issues.

7. I played the game with BNSBuddy (yes I know it is against license, yet it provided me with few changes I needed to enjoy the game). Years later there is still no improvements to the main game, that were made back in the days with game fans. 

- No DPS meter for whole party in dungeons.

- Every box takes another second to open. It feels so nice to spend 5 minutes daily just to open boxes from that day. 10/10

- Still no spellbind customization. I played with a mod for my FM that made my TAB always blocking, my Z always giving me Solar Flare buff etc. Default spellbinds suck so much I am triggered every time I need to block something.

- There is no Simple Mode customization. People want that. Why wont you give people what they want?

I am done with this crap treatment. No more money from me. No more time from me. You ruined one of the best Action Combat MMOs. Congratulation. Get your ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ together NCSOFT.

• Like 1

Just so I grasp what you are saying:

1. You want the game to punish players who farmed gear, know their rotations and have a better rig so that the DPS is equal? I would say thats your own fault if your dps is low and others should not get punished for it.

2. Bombarded where exactly? I have yet to see any advertisement about buying stuff from the hm store

3. Most players don't use F8 anymore. They create parties on the server directly.

4. The F8 list is updated every once in a while and less relevant dungeons are removed from the list, but you can still enter them from the normal entrance on the server.

5. I agree the boost was a bit too much, but they are correcting that next Wednesday.

6. That is the entire point of premium though. If you don't want it, then do not get it, and live without those few QoL things.

7. On the box opening part and such I do agree, the other things you mentioned are kind of "moot" because simple mode was mentioned to be an alternative but not a full replacement for a proper rotation. Edits aren't that bad if used in PVE imo, but...the ones you described you played with for FM are considered cheats because they should never work automatically.

Seems to me most of the things you listed are a personal problem and not a game problem o.o

• Like 4

10 Fps on MSP, are you sure your computer meets the recommended specs ? 

Sadly it's heavy cpu bound game. You need AMD Ryzen 5000 series no less, specially if you are playing on a gpu allowing decent fps on 1080p territory only ...

I've fixed my fps problem a year ago (bought the ryzen 5000 almost day 1) and bns ue3 ran properly again ... (I miss before pre awakening and 32b era)

So yeah PCMR gaming on big mmo games  or FPS with toons of explosion or AAA solo games are for enthuasiasts or the "rich people" ... You claiming you have cashop ? To what extend ? Trove for a full year ?!

The new farming system is quite simple and fast, it just need hp ajustment ... ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ lazy asses ...

The only things remain broken are exploit/gcd/xml-addons or pixel macro, a lot of cripples need that to be strong or win ...

Edited by RinDman
  • Like 1

MSP for 10 FPS lmao!? U sure u meet ur minimum spec on your PC for this update? 

1. You should be happy with your current dps because of free ET weapon that can make 3.5m dmg/s, u are not doing those painful pve weapon grinding which far worse than your current one. You are a returner player and your opinion want the game to punish those loyal players effort on raising their dmg and gear!? 

2. Bombarded where? I only see that on f10 and front character select only. 

3. F8 is still active anyway, if you find that player doesn't want to join u that is probably because ur dps is still low. Search a friend plz to accompany u. 

4. But the upper dungeon is nerfed hard, so you can finish all of them on easy mode without worrying about party wipe mech. 

5. They will nerf the HP of dungeon next wednesday. 

6. So you're whining about that those QoL services for premium services? don't be a spoiled f2p player please. U're not even supporting the game and want all of that. I have a friend, f2p player on my pt and she is even making progress faster than me lmao. 

7. For DPS meter on party dungeon, it has potentially comparing stuff & toxic anyway. I prefer the current one.

The custom & simple customization skill button seems nice input.

Keep your things together man. It's a grindy game anyway. Patient is the key.

• Like 1

this is exactly what happens when you let the story rush these people to end game content you give them what they want and they still complain that they're not as strong as people who put 5 years work into their character it's ridiculous. they really need to revive the old content and make people slog through the ENTIRE game so they can't ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ about no content and they'll be pair with or players trying to earn their gear

3 hours ago, mochun said:

this is exactly what happens when you let the story rush these people to end game content you give them what they want and they still complain that they're not as strong as people who put 5 years work into their character it's ridiculous. they really need to revive the old content and make people slog through the ENTIRE game so they can't ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ about no content and they'll be pair with or players trying to earn their gear

It has absolutely nothing to do with current event. Gamer are just getting toxic more and more every year, I saw this in WoW. People cried that there is no content and it's all easy. Blizz created new hard raid, nobody cleared it in 1 week and started crying that it's "too hard", blizz had to nerf it, they cleared it and in 2 weeks "there is no content .... " back in 2006-2008 people took weeks/months to clear raid, now they do it within week or riot. This is what I see in those posts here, whinning whinning whinning, and once company do something with it, they will just witch to another thing to whine about.

10fps on MSP ? I have 5 years old PC and I could buy 2x better with 1200€ and yet I have 30 FPS in MSP, what a potato must he run, yet he dare to whine about it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Grimzy said:

Just so I grasp what you are saying:

1. You want the game to punish players who farmed gear, know their rotations and have a better rig so that the DPS is equal? I would say thats your own fault if your dps is low and others should not get punished for it.

2. Bombarded where exactly? I have yet to see any advertisement about buying stuff from the hm store

3. Most players don't use F8 anymore. They create parties on the server directly.

4. The F8 list is updated every once in a while and less relevant dungeons are removed from the list, but you can still enter them from the normal entrance on the server.

5. I agree the boost was a bit too much, but they are correcting that next Wednesday.

6. That is the entire point of premium though. If you don't want it, then do not get it, and live without those few QoL things.

7. On the box opening part and such I do agree, the other things you mentioned are kind of "moot" because simple mode was mentioned to be an alternative but not a full replacement for a proper rotation. Edits aren't that bad if used in PVE imo, but...the ones you described you played with for FM are considered cheats because they should never work automatically.

Seems to me most of the things you listed are a personal problem and not a game problem o.o

I agree with most stuff but point 7

simple mode an alternative? try to play classes like archer or dualblades 1st spec where you have to press millions of buttons in a short time and then tell me you can do that for dailies/1-2 hr raids weeklies etc. 

unless you want to ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ up your wrist its not possible.

simple mode customization is something else people do already with xml, but not everybody has access to it and its a very complicated process that very few people can do right now.

It would be game changing to have an official simple mode customizer where you can change around ur skills / priority and all that stuff.

Because right now without xml a lot of the classes are not playable/bottlenecked because of the trashy simple mode

Edited by lolliposacc5

5 hours ago, Shîro said:

It has absolutely nothing to do with current event. Gamer are just getting toxic more and more every year, I saw this in WoW. People cried that there is no content and it's all easy. Blizz created new hard raid, nobody cleared it in 1 week and started crying that it's "too hard", blizz had to nerf it, they cleared it and in 2 weeks "there is no content .... " back in 2006-2008 people took weeks/months to clear raid, now they do it within week or riot. This is what I see in those posts here, whinning whinning whinning, and once company do something with it, they will just witch to another thing to whine about.

10fps on MSP ? I have 5 years old PC and I could buy 2x better with 1200€ and yet I have 30 FPS in MSP, what a potato must he run, yet he dare to whine about it.

he's basically getting upset that the story isn't letting him do 15m right out of the gate as if people didn't upgrade their gear at all and he's not the first to make such a foolish complaint I hear it all the time here. not only are they toxic but they're lazy af too as soon as they have to put in the slightest amount of work in to get some gear they immediately start their crying this game is too P2W, Dailies give about 200g you need with a party of 6 on average 2.5m dps to clear the easy mode comfortably (going to be nerfed next week) and they can use that gold to AFK fish to upgrade their gear all the old gear doesn't cost mats to upgrade so it can all be devoted to weapon upgrades. these people don't have even have to do a fraction of the work as the people who were even playing 1-2 years ago and yet still have something to complain about he's probably dying a lot too which is another side effect of the game rushing you through the content inexperienced players even with his entire party dealing 1.5m and him 3.5m that's still enough dps to get through it if they don't die they could even make it easier by attempting the mechs and lower it further.

My CPU is pretty potato too only meeting min requirements and I hold about 30 fps with people turned off too so i don't know what the hell this man is using but he needs to upgrade it certainly isn't the games fault 

People are tired of accepting bulshit. And I am sorry to say, almost every reply to my post here is exacly this - bullocks.

There are always knights in shining armor that are first to defend dumb and stupid developers and in-game marketing.

Honestly I started answering to all your posts, but there is no point. You can't talk seriously with a fanboys anyway. Just be aware, that even if you talk on the forums here alot and have 1k posts does not mean you are in the majority of players and represent their stance. It seems to me you are okay with the game being worse than it could be, just because you farmed your ass off to get gear and you should be rewarded for it by basicaly being a god in-game.

Tell me then, how is it that many, many other MMOs, like FFXIV, WoW, GW2 etc have superior gearing patterns? When you can return to the game and after putting some hard work you can be BIS geared in under 4 months? Are you saying BnS is better in this aspect? How people are not to feel discouraged by the basics of the game (gearing)? This is exacly why you dont have enough people to play the game.

BTW: My post was originaly intended for devs and community managers, not for players praising everything the game currently is.

17 minutes ago, Madscream said:

WoW

I always hated how WoW invalidates and devalues all your progress every few months when a new patch releases and they pretty much reset every ones power.

So yes, i prefer the Blade & soul style of gearing.

It rewards playing consistantly, and punishes lazyness, it's text book example of "You snooze you lose"

17 minutes ago, Madscream said:

BTW: My post was originaly intended for devs and community managers, not for players praising everything the game currently is.

They very rarely engage with the community on the forums regarding any thing that has to do with the stuff in your main post.

I think they are under some DMCA (or atleast similar concept) from KR devs, which makes them unable to discuss any future changes coming to the game.

Edited by Uldrum

1 hour ago, Madscream said:

Tell me then, how is it that many, many other MMOs, like FFXIV, WoW, GW2 etc have superior gearing patterns? When you can return to the game and after putting some hard work you can be BIS geared in under 4 months? Are you saying BnS is better in this aspect? How people are not to feel discouraged by the basics of the game (gearing)? This is exacly why you dont have enough people to play the game.

Those are completely different games with completely different playstyles / designs. You simply cannot compare them to blade and soul as each game is made differently and progress is intended to go a certain route.

If you would be BiS geared in under 4 months in blade and soul it would completely make any effort you put in worthless and gear would have 0 value.

Also players aren't discouraged by the gearing or game basics but by a lot of other things.

Also FYI: Does not matter who your post is intended to, if you post it on a public forum, anyone can answer. If you want to try and reach the devs, you have to post on the Korean forums as the devs lurk there from time to time.