Jump to content
Forums

extremly high temperature


Recommended Posts

The GPU heats a lot with Unreal Engine 4 update for no reason like +70C or +80C temperature :(... I don't know why really which even I lower my graphics, the gpu temperature is still high for no reason...

 

My PC is like this (I know, it is an old PC with today's standards that I had gathered this PC like 7 years ago):

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.20GHz
Kaby Lake 14nm Technology

32,0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1599MHz (16-18-18-38)

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. STRIX Z270E GAMING (LGA1151)

MSI G32CQ4 (2560x1440@165Hz)
3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc)

931GB Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB

 

How to make the gpu temperature lower really while playing BNS Unreal Engine 4 update? thank you.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

have you got vsync on if so turn that off and cap your frames to a certain level because with the ue4 engine the game and in this case your gpu is trying to keep up with your refresh rate cq fps to what your monitor can handle 

this happened to me in adifferent ue4 engine game and my gpu was 87degrees celsius just in the menu!!!!

 

just to add a note i upgraded my cooling in my case and it didnt do ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ and then i found out the thing descibed above try it and hopefully it works for you like it did for me

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 9/10/2021 at 6:39 PM, nerigante said:

have you got vsync on if so turn that off and cap your frames to a certain level because with the ue4 engine the game and in this case your gpu is trying to keep up with your refresh rate cq fps to what your monitor can handle 

this happened to me in adifferent ue4 engine game and my gpu was 87degrees celsius just in the menu!!!!

 

just to add a note i upgraded my cooling in my case and it didnt do ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ and then i found out the thing descibed above try it and hopefully it works for you like it did for me

 

doing this  made it  worse lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

keep in mind, on some loading screens the FPS goes wild on start, with like 2k FPS, at that point you also often hear some coil whine. I noticed the same stuff on some mmo in the past as well. But anyway 76 degree is like nothing, I remember my old R9 290 not even bothered to truly spin up much at that point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is normal to see.  My 3080ti would run max 68c running cyberpunk 2077 4k rtx and dlss on but under BNS will hit 74c max while doing daily dungeons using 4k settings.  Other games like FF15/hitman 3 is only giving me no more than 70c max under load.  I guess BNS UE4 stress the GPU way more than other games out there.  Repasting your GPU won't help with anything because it's the problem with UE4 engine, not the paste itself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For everyone still unsure about the temps.

 

A CPU nowdays is build for up to 100c good temps are around 70c.

You should think about making your PC cooler if you reach 90c while gaming and if you are an enthusiast 80c.

 

I myselfe can reach up to 98c in games that use my system fully but i cant do anything about it i already tryed different solutions. Next time i build a PC ill heavily invest into cooling but my I7 can withstand theese tempratures.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i got a i8700k  runnin at  4.5 mzh   and  a evga 3060  black xc  edition   but me gpu is one getin hot  but it mostly  only does that in some places  not all places ing  like   it does it in bambo vilage goes to  78c  than wen i move  bit further it goes back to  50/60  like ??? wth   and before some one says it me cooling it not  i got   good air flow and liquid aio  coolers on  gpu and cpu  280mm rads  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FeuchterLyn said:

A CPU nowdays is build for up to 100c good temps are around 70c.

My Ryzen 7 5800x has its limit at 90c which is lower then the older ones, but we talked about GPU, the hot old stuff like the Radeon R9 290 had a 95c throttle eight years ago. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Belido said:

My Ryzen 7 5800x has its limit at 90c which is lower then the older ones, but we talked about GPU, the hot old stuff like the Radeon R9 290 had a 95c throttle eight years ago. 

For GPU its the same thou.  70c is normal and depending on version 82c is normal too. Thoose can also withstand 100c they will throttle thou.

 

The only GPU i can think of for Nvidia thats different is a GTX 480.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...