Gamepad / Controller Support ?!

Zatsujiin

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Merchant Ow O said:

it was stated previously that controller mode will no longer be supported with ue4

my controller stills "works" i can only walk and look around but none of the keys work. it shows up as controller buttons on my skills and the such but if this is true, i got hype for this update for nothing and i hope bns dies off from here on out. it was a good run, but they suck as a company.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HelgaTheWL said:

my controller stills "works" i can only walk and look around but none of the keys work. it shows up as controller buttons on my skills and the such but if this is true, i got hype for this update for nothing and i hope bns dies off from here on out. it was a good run, but they suck as a company.

I don't have a gamepad, but I wonder if there's a workaround using the gamepad's own app or control panel to map the buttons so they send the corresponding keystrokes.

10 minutes ago, Kazh Ruzara said:

I don't have a gamepad, but I wonder if there's a workaround using the gamepad's own app or control panel to map the buttons so they send the corresponding keystrokes.

ive tried using the program joytokey which allowed me to use a controller once before but now its not working. i cant use kbm because it cause my wrist to swell up and hurt so much to the point im in tears. so i rather not injure myself just to struggle to barely do a fraction on my dps. let alone not enjoy the game like before.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sholities said:

Well, if they don't have controller support, they could at least change all the button icons back to the keyboard layout.

if you reset your settings it will remove the icons, we the controller players can notice that they "decide" to remove the feature just for laziness, sadly i cant play anymore, my arm hurt to much to use a keyboard in a MMO, this one was one of the few that support it... well back to BD, and GW2 with steam controller support... i feel so stupid, waiting ages for an update just to realize that became a reason to quick.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dang... this blows. my situation is really not so good for using keyboard & mouse to game with. my room is small. i am right handed, and the keyboard sits on the right side of mouse. well, that would be very difficult to play games like that! all-in-all, just not an ideal situation for me to game like this.

i will eventually be trying things like steam or even padstarr.

• Thanks 1

What ??? It's a downgrade !!!! How can we, gamepad players,  can play now explain it to me NCSOFT ?????

How can we do a limited time event IF WE CAN'T PLAY ???????

Fix this quiclky please or like you can see many players will quit me too ... what a shame seriously .....

38 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Has anyone tried software such as for example Ds4 or j2k? It allows to rebind controller keys to keyboard keys, but i am not sure if that would work.

yes, i have been trying all night 

reWASD does not take button combinations the way UE3 BnS handled them

Xpadder seems to be the best bet

using an old version someone gave me but you lose all the menu functionality because of how it has to work to get the same responses and feel
and it has a multitude of problems such as SS not functioning 99% of the time

ill have to do more testing, and fiddling around with it, but i am less then 0% happy with Any of this

UE4 appear to have gamepad functionality built in per documentation found online
So i have no idea why anyone didn't make it function

I initially thought this was a bug but then, I was referred to the "UE4 Questions" posting where it was stated this was an intentional feature removal from UE4.

I can't understand why NCSoft made the decision to remove the gamepad/controller support in UE4, considering the impact it would have in a good portion of the existing community.  I have used a controller since day 1 (founder here), to reduce the pain / stress in my hands from the use of a mouse and keyboard for extended periods of time (3 or more hours).

As you may figure I am not a young man and forcing me now to  re-learn how to play the game using a keyboard and mouse, it is a joke as my hands won't last long.

I thought the marketing idea behind the UE4 release was to bring people back and increase the player base but instead, NCSoft managed to send a clear message to those active players like me, that they don't want me playing the game any more. 

There are many players just like me, with health issues on their hands, who can't grind dailies/weeklies in multiple chars using keyboard/mouse without destroying their hands.

I hope NCSoft reconsiders their decision and add back the gamepad/controller option in game. The feature already existed in UE3 and as many have stated, fully supported in UE4.

It would be bad for NCSoft to be known as a company who discriminates players with partial or full health limitations.  Players who need more friendly accessories to play the game.

Edited by Vansan2000
  • Like 6

I'm not usually one of those ones that advocate for player accessibility

This is one of those times where its applicable to the situation

The angle i'm coming at this from is that this feature was present in the game since Day One
and it's a feature i have used since my start of playing this game for going on 6 years now

I Do Not Know HOW to play this game Keyboard and Mouse

i spent the entire campaigns runtime to learn the game's controls to get my self a viable component of the community

and even then i didn't become good at the flicker-flash of the old BD meta until the Celestial Basin update 

By then and all the way up until now,  that is how I experience the game

and that was unceremoniously ripped out from under us

please NCWest, get the message to the engine guys to implement Gamepad Support

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Psykill said:

I'm making a ds4 profile and share it if it's good 😉

Work in progess but it seems it can work like before with the L1+ button skills.

i got a profile going for Xpadder but it still has major issues
and not sure if its viable for other clases but it is customizable

just a lot of thing don't work such as autorun with LS (L3) SS (pulling the joystick down twice does nothing)
camera motions are clunky  and so on

it makes it 75% playable but so unfriendly compared to the old gamepad set up

The calls for xinput (the api that handles xbox controllers) have not changed at all. Literally all NCSoft needed to do was copy and paste the handler then rewrite a few of the ue3 game lines to ue4. It honestly would have taken 10 minutes if that - UE4 even has native support for it and it takes a few minutes to setup even without doing the former.

I was really disappointed in finding out controller support had been removed too, and I honestly wasn't expecting it to blow up like this. They removed core functionality of a game that had it for years, it's really dumb to remove such a function. While we wait for any kind of update or resolution to this from NCWest, i've been using a program called antimicro, you can program it to work in the exact same way as old controller support - it converts your controller buttons to keyboard maps. The problem with using 3rd party apps though, is that they could get us banned, especially if xigncode anticheat is ever re-activated and there are always instances where things just don't work as they should, as opposed to inbuilt controller support.

Hoping that @Hime can sort this out with the devs asap.

14 hours ago, Zatsujiin said:

Any idea how to configure the buttons? Since the update all my key bindings are messed up and the gamepad setting is hidden again 😞

12 hours ago, HelgaTheWL said:

It's interesting that the ui and sticks still work if your last setup was with a gamepad in ue3. It suggests the functionality is still there. I would suggest one thing: Don't change any settings if you still have the gamepad ui and you can move around, instead, copy "xinput1_3.dll" from "/windows/system32" and paste it into "BNSR/Binaries/Win64" then restart the game and see if the old keybindings work. If that doesn't work, try it again with "xinput1_4.dll". Doing that might let you use the old controller keybindings as well as look around and move. If you've already lost the ui and the sticks won't do anything in-game then this has no chance of working.

Other than that, it's out of our hands.

Edited by Fat Cat
  • Like 2

I've never played with anything but controller. It was one of the reasons I used to love this game. Been playing since day one.

And now they just remove it?

I submitted a ticked and they just replied: "Upon checking, it appears that it's intended that Gamepads/Controllers are no longer supported in the UE4 Build of Blade and Soul. We hope this info helps."

No, it doesn't.