UE4 FPS

KSib

What kind of FPS is everyone getting out in the field, assuming you are away from most other players, but still around some enemies? I'm seeing < 60 FPS even on a 3070ti and 6700k in a fair number of places. Just trying to see if it's just me or if there's still some optimization they need to do.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I am seeing no such problems on a  11900k + 3070. Keep in mind the game changed, so you might need to add it as exception again to AV, and windows FTH if you have not disabled it permanently.

Do you just buy a more expensive intel cpu instead of its predecessor that runs even better in overall terms of performance? Who on the earth buys 11900k...

4 minutes ago, Lunashiro said:

Do you just buy a more expensive intel cpu instead of its predecessor that runs even better in overall terms of performance? Who on the earth buys 11900k...

Well i had to do an upgrade regardless, and the shop i bought it from gave me a good offer and discount on certain things hence why i went for this one.

Was still within my budget so, might aswel, and since i heavily dislike amd... xD

5 minutes ago, Akura Sensei said:

gtx 970 before all settings 5 highest 75-100 fps

but now all settings 3-4 -  30-45 fps:S

is there a way to play this game with UE3 engine? or UE3 shuttin down?

I had a similar issue with the UE3 client, the thing was if i started the game and changed the settings something would get messed up for whatever reason. After changing the settings and restarting the game afterwards, FPS went up.

10 minutes ago, KSib said:

Ok so it's not just me then, they still have some optimization left to do. Thanks everyone.

1660 Ti over here, game still runs like garbage, and windwalk in the air is broken for me, it motion blurs (with motion blur not ticked in graphics settings) and everything slows down and stutters while doing it.

What's interesting is both my CPU and GPU only hit around 50% in the area where I was standing for my original post. I'm just guessing the game isn't optimized enough to take advantage of the hardware it has available.

I see something that is very disturbing to me there are a lot of people who defend this update with their soul and body claiming the optimization is top notch and saying just upgrade to better PC, the same ppl are those who have latest I9 or Ryz9 paired with 3080-3080TI this beyond annoying and they are boasting with thousands of euro system.

This game should allow you to run mid - range 60 fps with no problem since it's competitor Black Desert am i right ? runs very well on UE4.

at mushin ch1 at vault: 50-55 FPS at WQXGA,

Sliders: max for Resolution and Texture Q, min for Shadow, others on 3, (no special Effects because I hate all this Blur crap), FXAA

System: R9 3900x, RTX 2070s, 32 GB DDR4-3600, stil doesn't seem to be very busy

I have the same issue here and I have one of my friend to confirm the fps problem with me to make sure it's not problem on my end.  I have a fairly high end system 5900x 32gb 3600c15 ram and 3080ti and I'm getting 17 fps in muslin tower with 4k all details maxed.  My friend have the exact same setup as me except he has a 5950x and yet still only have 17fps also.  The only way for me to fix this low performance issue is turn the shadow quality from 5 to 1 in muslin tower and that boosted my fps to 45-50 range.  I'm mean this rig I have can easily maintain 60fps with cyberpunk 2077 4k rtx on with dlss set to performance.  That game is considered to be pretty un-optimized.  I understand UE4 engine is new to BNS and there will be many bugs that needs to be sorted out, but coming from people that have a rtx 3090 yet still experience low fps is pretty ridicious for an mmorpg.  Before UE4 update I can run the same setting and still hit 60+ fps in muslin tower with the same settings...

5 minutes ago, Hayunki said:

The only way for me to fix this low performance issue is turn the shadow quality from 5 to 1 in muslin tower and that boosted my fps to 45-50 range.  

the shadow quality is a mess, in Mushin for me there is no visible difference from Quality 1 to 5, but the FPS goes to hell.

In Jadestone I see heavy visbible differences from Shadow Quality 1 to 5, but there the FPS doesn't change (much).

Edited by Belido