Gamepad / Controller Support ?!

Zatsujiin

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had to guess, controller support has never been a priority.

Personally, I hate playing with controllers.

But, I know that there's people with disabilities that prefer/must play with controller.

For something that is an integral part of Unreal Engine 4, I would assume it would be one of the first things to be implemented.

There's 15-20 minute videos on how to implement it basic support for it.

Here's a nearly 3 minute video showing it: 

THIS IS JUST FOR BASIC SUPPORT! It's not as complex as BnS needs it to be, but, it gives you an idea of how easy it is to set BASIC support.

However, it will probably take a few years for us to get support for it, once Korea has it...

Based on the fact that the stack size is still 9999 instead of 29999...

• Hyunkel changed the title to Gamepad / Controller Support ?!
  • 4 weeks later...

So about 9 months later after UE4 got released gamepad support is still non-existent, this is just pathetic, it shouldn't take this long to redevelop gamepad support when UE4 natively supports it.

I refuse to play this game with keyboard and mouse, I already have enough issues with this game using way more RAM than other games I play to the point I need to close Chrome and most other game clients to free up as much RAM as possible.

Edited by Shaun

On 5/3/2022 at 1:02 AM, Cupidstar said:

If I had to guess, controller support has never been a priority.

This by @Hime says otherwise:

But I feel lied to, this was probably never a priority to them even though they said so, they certainly haven't proven that at all.

It really shouldn't take over 9 months to redevelop gamepad support in UE4 when it already supports it by default.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 8:45 PM, DenialOfTruth said:

It is very likely it will never be restored at this point.

It really seems that way, doesn't look like they care about their players by the look of things, if they really cared they wouldn't take over 9 months to add gamepad support back in though they should never have removed it from the start, they obviously never tried to look into how many players actually play this game with a controller, gamepad support has been a thing in this game since it first came out several years ago so the amount of players who play it with a controller is probably pretty high and it helps those who can't play games with a keyboard and mouse to be able to play it.

With no gamepad support (I can use Xpadder) and the client now requiring even more RAM than normal I may just quit playing this game permanently.

• 3 months later...

I just came back to try to see if the game was worth it now. It's wonderfull that the load times got shorter, but no bloody gamepad support!? They even kept the option to switch it on, it's like they are taunting us.

Uninstalled after five min. The game is still unplayable, just for a different reason now.

13 hours ago, Croso said:

I just came back to try to see if the game was worth it now. It's wonderfull that the load times got shorter, but no bloody gamepad support!? They even kept the option to switch it on, it's like they are taunting us.

Uninstalled after five min. The game is still unplayable, just for a different reason now.

at the moment gamepad is broken beyond repair until they patch out whatever issues they implemented this last patch
But hey, they did reimplement it

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DenialOfTruth said:

A broken implementation does not count and proves they do not care for the feature. Expect it to be removed again.

it worked fine for like a week or two with the Shrouded Ajanara dungeon update

hell even before that I was playing with reWASD perfectly fine for the entire year until the last patch broke everything
the solution was there and i even provided a base config file for reWASD to download an use

I think they did something to the input logic or whatever you call it to fix an issue for left handed players that broke gamepad logic

Until they fix that, Gamepad is IN the game, its just had bad turning until it's patched
If you want it fixed, help me make a stink about it, my Bug Report has gone unnoticed by anyone important 

I don't think it counts as needing a Support ticket but hell do that if you have too lol

8 hours ago, DenialOfTruth said:

A broken implementation does not count and proves they do not care for the feature. Expect it to be removed again.

I'm acutally hoping they remove Gamepad because ican go back to using reWASD without the native controller stick use Outside of gamepad mode on interfering with inputs to the game

11 hours ago, Silk Rivaliant said:

I'm acutally hoping they remove Gamepad because ican go back to using reWASD without the native controller stick use Outside of gamepad mode on interfering with inputs to the game

First off, this is a complete overreaction at this point. Please try and calm down, you're not the sole martyr for the gamepad cause-- you don't need to speak for everyone. Not everyone wants to use a Remapper, and it took a lot of work and fighting to get controller support back again to begin with!

The thing is, it ISN'T totally broken. With the update that fixed issues for left handed players, the X-axis turning for the gamepad lost its sensitivity. It goes from 0-100% without any tilting. The Y axis works fine. My UI and everything else with the gamepad works as intended.

I do not like 3rd party remappers and never used one. So if you still have one installed could it possibly be that it's conflicting with the game and causing MORE issues than intended? Try removing it and see if your other issues fix. Because the ONLY issue I have is the lack of camera sensitivity on the X axis.

The buttons, UI, everything else is working. You could also consider using a USB wired controller, as I know bluetooth has never really paired the best with the game overall. I personally use a wired XBOX One S controller and it does wonderfully.

Please don't even joke like that about flat-out removing the feature. The issue isn't that big to warrant ruining something working fine for others. A sensitivity issue does not totally diminish or destroy your ability to play. Try also putting in a ticket about the bug, and let them work on it. This otherwise is very much jumping the gun, and only requires a little adapting. Lets try to be considerate.

Edited by Ootakemaru
formatting

First off, this is a complete overreaction at this point. Please try and calm down, you're not the sole martyr for the gamepad cause-- you don't need to speak for everyone. Not everyone wants to use a Remapper, and it took a lot of work and fighting to get controller support back again to begin with!

This wasn't an over reaction. This was a legitimate wish of mine that if they are going to break gamepad support so much to insure its borderline unusable, I'd rather go back to playing the game as i have been with a remapper that works perfectly fine. nothing about me being a martyr, thats you stuffing words in my mouth.
I'm speaking for Me and what I think possible solutions are.
I'm sorry if you can't handle that.

The thing is, it ISN'T totally broken. With the update that fixed issues for left handed players, the X-axis turning for the gamepad lost its sensitivity. It goes from 0-100% without any tilting. The Y axis works fine. My UI and everything else with the gamepad works as intended.

My entire bugreport, i have already described the issue in FULL detail

I do not like 3rd party remappers and never used one. So if you still have one installed could it possibly be that it's conflicting with the game and causing MORE issues than intended? Try removing it and see if your other issues fix. Because the ONLY issue I have is the lack of camera sensitivity on the X axis.

You can't even Use remappers because of how the thumbsticks function outside of Gamepad mode
They still read as mouse inputs (and scroll wheel zoom with Gamepad mode off)

My ENTIRE issue is X axis Camera (Turn)
it isn't a lack of sensitivity, pushing right thumbstick left or right acts like Arrow Key left and right
that appears to be the issue. Full Stop.

The buttons, UI, everything else is working. You could also consider using a USB wired controller, as I know bluetooth has never really paired the best with the game overall. I personally use a wired XBOX One S controller and it does wonderfully

its a wireless Xbox One controller that i use

Please don't even joke like that about flat-out removing the feature. The issue isn't that big to warrant ruining something working fine for others.

The feature hasn't been in the game for almost an entire YEAR.
and we had to make do with alternative ways of using gamepad to play. The Remappers
the fact they Reimplemented Gamepad and then Broke it to where no one with gamepad can play the game as intended, the only Logical solution is to REMOVE gamepad support so those of us that HAVE been playing
The Entire past Year
Can go BACK to a playable state the game was again
Meant to have.
I'm sorry you don't WANT to play with a Remapper

WE had to.

A sensitivity issue does not totally diminish or destroy your ability to play. Try also putting in a ticket about the bug, and let them work on it.

If it isn't fixed by Maintainance or it isn't acknowledged by someone higher up, then i will have to make a ticket because the game is nearly unplayable

This otherwise is very much jumping the gun, and only requires a little adapting. Lets try to be considerate.

No, A Little Adaption was paying 35 bucks to pay for the Remapper to play the game because everyone along the chain of command remaking BnS in UE4 didn't think reimplementing Native Gamepad support wasn't worth their time. A little Adoption was programing keybinds on said Remapper so the rest of us could continue to play after that massive 'oversight' by the developers.

A little Adaption ISN'T accepting them Breaking it and not addressing the issue because 

It sort of Works.

How about you be A little More considerate.

• Like 1

I don't feel like you read me right at all. But it was worth a shot.

Doubling down on using a WIRED USB controller, if at all possible. (I use a WIRELESS Xbox one S controller, which I use USB for, because it pairs better with BnS. BnS and Bluetooth don't really jive well.) Unless you're in UI mode, it shouldn't be acting as left/right. Its meant to be more in line with a camera turn. It's been like this since release. It just lacks sensitivity, and yeah that is an issue. You're probably thinking of the tilt issue. (Which should have the camera move as the character looks around) My controller is not acting like the arrow keys at all. I even tested this myself. It works like the camera, only it's missing sensitivity.Even my controller camera speed is accurate. I said before to try removing the remapper entirely to see if thats causing further issues but you're too busy being angry to listen.

I don't understand why being asked to calm down and try not to speak from everyone's experience with the game pad as your own is getting you bent out of shape. I'm sorry if my tone didn't come across right, but I do agree there is an issue here. But deleting it entirely is not going to make things any better for anyone. You yourself even said that its an issue not warranting a ticket, when that's probably the first thing you should have done instead of first coming to brigadier a whole deletion and anger campaign here, because that's not the 'considerate' thing to do. It's only consideration for you.

You're free to spend your money on remappers, controllers, whatever you well please. But it's not going to convince me that it's a superior option, or in some cases, even an option at all. Some people don't want to deal with downloading third-party programs just to enjoy a game-- and if said game is capable enough as it is, then why take that risk at all?

Find someone trusted to talk to and sort out what's making you so invested and angry about this. It took nearly a year to even get support-- you know this-- and it's counterproductive to sit here and try to fight for its removal just because you're heated and it seems like 'a good idea', if its not your way. Go outside, pet a dog, take a breather, man. That's all I'm saying. There are a lot of controller players, we get it and its issues, talk to them about it. No 'gottem's, no anger, just get your answers and chill. 

I'll send my own ticket, too, and link your bug report. Hopefully it helps in some form, rather than getting it all gutted, but it's what should have happened from the start.

Edited by Ootakemaru
addition
  • Like 1

Sent a ticket with links, I got the most canned response imaginable: 

''However upon checking, the Controller Mode is certainly no longer available in the UE4 update of Blade and Soul. You may check this link for other Q&A.'' 

But it is available, it's just not working. The hell?

9 hours ago, Croso said:

''However upon checking, the Controller Mode is certainly no longer available in the UE4 update of Blade and Soul. You may check this link for other Q&A.'' 

this post was started back with UE4 update when it wasn't

But i don't see how that excuses "Controller mode is certainly no longer available in UE4 update"

Yes yes it isde8d6454a39d0d3f5833bd20976a6175.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2022 at 12:09 PM, Croso said:

Support staff are rarely informed of any significant changes to the game. They do not play or know anything outside of the scripts they are provided.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2022 at 3:53 PM, Ootakemaru said:

Oh, so i was not bugging out. The X-Axis sensitivity is broken? I was wondering if my mind was playing tricks on me with the sluggish turns.

Edited by Proje

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 10/24/2022 at 12:39 PM, Croso said:

Never mind, it suddenly worked for me now. The keyboard won't work for ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ suddenly, but the gamepad plays well.

Hey, i stopped playing for... when the unreal engine came in and i could no longer use my controller-setup (Controller companion + Scp-Toolkit + PS3 Controller), because i cannot handle the keyboard, i know its close to a full year but i updated the game to jump in and was disappointed to see, i cannot move a thing with my controller, i play Genshin with this said setup without any problems - Do I need a Microsoft-Controller so the game recognizes a Gamepad?