Report UE4 Bugs Here

Rynara

4 hours ago, Cupidstar said:

Bug Summary: Game still freezes when opening screenshots

Reproduction steps:

1. Take 1000 or so screenshots (the more, the longer it freezes)

2. On F2, click on "Take a Character Portrait" or press ESC > Photo Gallery

3. The game will freeze (seems to be 1 minute per 1000 screenshots)

Additional information: My guess is that the game is trying to load all thumbnails in the folder at the same time, which is really really bad. Or it is wasting all it's time trying to sort the list of names, which shouldn't be the case.

Very old issue, not really UE4 thing. You fix it by putting that whole folder in exclusion. Like you said it scans the whole friggin folder, really dumb. Or you can make another folder and put the screenshots there until the bns folder fills up again.

Screenshots no longer save with the current date and time, but with a number:

QNiV3an.png

Saving with the correct date and time allows organizing the screenshots and avoids the freezing issue existing from UE3, which I've reported before.

This is refering to this issue:

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/252194-report-ue4-bugs-here/?do=findComment&comment=2095560

Edited by Cupidstar

I'm skeptical if "full screen" or "windowed full screen" honour the resolution selection.

If I run it at 1920x1080 "fullscreen" or "windowed full screen", it is clearly just running at the native monitor resolution (3840x2160).  The FPS drops to 15-25, (I have all the graphics sliders set to maximum) and when I took a screenshot it was 3840x2160.  Turning on the "performance mode" gets the FPS into the 40s-50s.

If I run the game in a 1920x1080 window, it's showing high 50s to pegging the 60fps vsync cap.  But it only takes up a quarter of the screen then, so it's unplayable.

I'm using a Ryzen 3900X with a GTX1080 with nVidia drivers v466.47.  That should be sufficient hardware for all the eye candy at 1080p.

Another possibly confounding factor: I have a dual monitor setup (two 3840x2160 screens).  Usually when I start a game on one screen that drops the resolution (working example: Guild Wars 2), there's a "jank" moment where icons or other windows get shunted around and tossed on the other screen.  This doesn't happen with BnS, which seems another hint that it's not adjusting the resolution.

• Like 1

Hi, I'm having problems trying to launch the game after the new engine download. 

Once I click Start Game at the NcLauncher 2, an error message pops up in korean. I can't read korean.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and launcher twice. Still the same problem. Please help!

Thank You. 

Bug Summary: Sometimes, receiving mail causes some issues showing the background color of some items

Reproduction steps:

1. Open the mail

2. Look at the items

3. Sometimes, they have the wrong background

Attachment:

U6XIgAB.png

rxCEfJu.png

Zca0out.png

Additional information: I spent HMCoins just to show this bug. You can see the "Venture Token" and the "Reaver Support Package" backgrounds change if an item goes into the mailbox

16 minutes ago, Kanghwan said:

I'm skeptical if "full screen" or "windowed full screen" honour the resolution selection.

If I run it at 1920x1080 "fullscreen" or "windowed full screen", it is clearly just running at the native monitor resolution (3840x2160).  The FPS drops to 15-25, (I have all the graphics sliders set to maximum) and when I took a screenshot it was 3840x2160.  Turning on the "performance mode" gets the FPS into the 40s-50s.

If I run the game in a 1920x1080 window, it's showing high 50s to pegging the 60fps vsync cap.  But it only takes up a quarter of the screen then, so it's unplayable.

I'm using a Ryzen 3900X with a GTX1080 with nVidia drivers v466.47.  That should be sufficient hardware for all the eye candy at 1080p.

Another possibly confounding factor: I have a dual monitor setup (two 3840x2160 screens).  Usually when I start a game on one screen that drops the resolution (working example: Guild Wars 2), there's a "jank" moment where icons or other windows get shunted around and tossed on the other screen.  This doesn't happen with BnS, which seems another hint that it's not adjusting the resolution.

This is exactly my problem, just different native resolutions. The game doesn't actually change the resolution when you change it in the menu, it just changes the size of the window (if you are windowed, otherwise nothing happens).

• Like 1

Bug Summary: Cursor can click on things it shouldn't

Reproduction steps:

1. Get ingame and walk

2. Change song on Spotify or open a floating video window

3. Pass the mouse over the floating window

Attachment:

j54c5HN.png

Additional information: This exists since UE3, but was expecting this to be fixed on this version, since it is something incredibly basic.

The expectation is that the mouse is moved to the center of the display after reading how much and where it moved to.

more mistakes

really! The warlock just came out and they have already begun to modify his skill and not for the better, he wants the same thing to happen as with the other warlock that after so many modifications was no longer useful at all.

They doubled the cooldown of abilities is too much.

the other now the game is disconnected and after years playing with ue3 it never happened to me, please check that.

the other the pj takes a long time to throw the skills is as slowed down

• Like 1

Bug Summary: Skills don't show in F anymore, in simple mode

Reproduction steps:

1. Enable simple mode

2. Get in a fight

3. No skills will show in the F prompt

Attachment:
The place where the F key is:

FMaqO6w.png

Additional information: I'm not sure if this happens in other modes, but I can confirm it happens in simple mode.

This basically makes it so I can't use my 2nd stun.
Considering how players seem to be alergic to CC, effectively removing 1 stun makes it easy to fail the mechanics in some dungeons/raids/weeklies.

On 9/9/2021 at 2:56 AM, Azzuray said:

Bug Summary: since BD got his "Wind Slash removed and replaced with Hurricane Slash , it doesnt actualise on IA Amulet ...

Reproduction steps: Go on merchant and try to change ...

Attachment:urOOaFq.png

Additional: BD Wind 

To add to this one. Unity stones have the same issue.
kWzUBDC.png

So Wind/Spinning Storm Bladedancer gets no skill point from these high tier items.

Edited by LEaNLEoN93

Bug Summary: Rod doesn't animate in Windrest

Reproduction steps:

1. Go to Windrest

2. Get the "Catch of the Day" quest

3. Press F to activate the rod

4. The rod is completely static

Attachment:
(please ignore the weird aspect ratio)

dee9CWN.gif

Additional information: The fishing rod was animated in UE3. It would move up and down, with the "weight" of whatever it fished.

• [Warlock Bug]

Bug Summary: Time Distortion stops working upon 2nd use

Reproduction steps: 1. Begin fight, activate Time Distortion and get skill cooldown resets.
2. After 2m6s, Time Distortion is off cooldown on both the skills hotbar and skill cooldown status bar.

3. Activate Time Distortion again.

4. The animations/visuals for an active TD show as usual, however, it doesn't actually reset any cooldowns anymore.

Additional information: Class: WL, Way of the Reaver, bottom row talent #2 (Borrowed Time)

• [Dual Blade Bug]

Bug Summary: Certain equipment chests cannot be opened on Dual Blade.

Reproduction steps: 1. Obtain Skybreak Accesory boxes from Call to Arms Budle in f10.
2. Sent over a Mastercraft Awakened Celestial Emperor Ring Chest - Stage 3, and Mastercraft Awakened Stormsiege Bracelet Chest - Stage 3.
3. Right click to open the boxes.

4. Receive System message: Invalid Item.
Attachment: jX66C4L.png

Additional information: Personally tried to open a Celestial Emperor Ring, Stormsiege bracelet, and the Skybreak Spire Ring box, all of which do not work but I'm certain this is not only limited to these specific gear boxes.

PVP-Arena is still slowing down after some matches.
It feels like the fps are dropping more and more.

As a coder myself this reminds me of loops that
are not terminated correctly and accumulate more and more.

My specs are Ryzen 5600x / 6600 XT / 32 GB RAM

Edited by massiveStorms

Bug Summary: Some windows don't close when you press ESC when the textbox is selected

Reproduction steps:

1. Open a window. E.g.: F5

2. Click on "Please search for items"

3. Press ESC

Additional information: It seems that the windows that don't respond to ESC are webpages with Awesomium.

F2 and F5 are implemented as webpages, and both suffer this bug.

12 hours ago, voldar said:

Bug Summary update: Changing any setting, will cause fps to plummet.

I have found that changing my settings caused the game's default audio output to select my VR headset (which is not connected most of the time). After I finally managed to log in, I managed to change the audio output device to my speakers and the game runs perfectly well again.

FPS with Oculus virtual audio device selected:quzSWae.png

FPS with any other audio device selected:
iAhH3R5.png

Yep that exactly what i found, when i see side to side old xml + new xml after apply on setting ingame, i saw that it apply oculus quest 2 by default, and when disabling it in windows sound manager, it's gone. I don't know how it take this device by default but anyway, that's a fix.

I'm just wanted to share this fix, and i see your notification. Nice job!