Call to Arms - Dungeons list

Belido

OK you say the Call to arms is something for new players and then you dish out a heroic dungeon list witch covers right the top dungeons?

But not enough, the lower dungeons "Brood Chamber and Sandstorm Temple, Dungeon Guide was updated so those dungeons are recommended for HM25".

So yes, HM25 is what a new player got to have this days? Sounds more like a carry event to me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Belido said:

OK you say the Call to arms is something for new players and then you dish out a heroic dungeon list witch covers right the top dungeons?

But not enough, the lower dungeons "Brood Chamber and Sandstorm Temple, Dungeon Guide was updated so those dungeons are recommended for HM25".

So yes, HM25 is what a new player got to have this days? Sounds more like a carry event to me.

if we get the dungeon update, then their easy mode should be really easy, no wipe mechs in any of them, really low hp and attack

2 minutes ago, Kicsiduda said:

if we get the dungeon update, then their easy mode should be really easy, no wipe mechs in any of them, really low hp and attack

if not, it will be interesting... damn I can barely remember the mech stuff of Sandstorm Temple 😄

• NCSOFT

@Belido, I had similar concerns but as @Kicsidudamentioned those dungeons will have Easy, Normal, and Hard difficulties.

4 hours ago, Mizuki said:

i'm currious aswell i guess we have to wait and see. 

what i would like to know aswell is about the 14 char slot, is it gonna be possible to have 14 characters? 

Yes, we'll be expanding the available character slots to 14.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hime said:

@Belido, I had similar concerns but as @Kicsidudamentioned those dungeons will have Easy, Normal, and Hard difficulties.

Those easy modes have 2 billion + hp though.  Go on the test server, buy a 60 voucher, and hop into Brood Chamber easy mode and let me know how it goes with story gear.  

Is there going to be hard push back on NC Korea to expand our story rewards to match Korea's or give us soul fiest/boost w/e they call it.  In Korea they come out of the story with tb9.  We get a limited time call to arms event that requires farming the refreshed dungeons to match that.  It's basically impossible for new players unless they meet people kind enough to straight carry them.  Which expands the problem, people don't learn the game and just quit after the event is over cause f8 dries up and they can't do any content.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Uskdara said:

Those easy modes have 2 billion + hp though.  Go on the test server, buy a 60 voucher, and hop into Brood Chamber easy mode and let me know how it goes with story gear.  

Is there going to be hard push back on NC Korea to expand our story rewards to match Korea's or give us soul fiest/boost w/e they call it.  In Korea they come out of the story with tb9.  We get a limited time call to arms event that requires farming the refreshed dungeons to match that.  It's basically impossible for new players unless they meet people kind enough to straight carry them.  Which expands the problem, people don't learn the game and just quit after the event is over cause f8 dries up and they can't do any content.

i think you should just wait until the update is out before you criticise it.

how do you know that the easy mode will have 2billion hp?

bc you could do very quickly with a random party when you just lfp. 

if you're looking to solo it ye this might be not that easy, but this is not made to do it solo anyway. 

even with the current hp you can do the dungeons very fast. 

and korean is not the same as eu, if they have tb9 after story line that does not mean it should be the same for us. 

if people dont learn the game i think this is a problem of the people it self, how can you force people to learn something? 

harder mode = more rewards this should be a rewarding system that makes sense you learn mechs for more mats, that simple. 

29 minutes ago, Mizuki said:

yep it is quite stupid and a big waste of time to blame performance and gameplay now, while the server is down and updating.

Let's wait until tomorrow, I am sure we will find enough stuff to flame them 😄 

1 hour ago, Mizuki said:

how do you know that the easy mode will have 2billion hp?

bc you could do very quickly with a random party when you just lfp. 

if you're looking to solo it ye this might be not that easy, but this is not made to do it solo anyway. 

even with the current hp you can do the dungeons very fast. 

and korean is not the same as eu, if they have tb9 after story line that does not mean it should be the same for us. 

if people dont learn the game i think this is a problem of the people it self, how can you force people to learn something? 

harder mode = more rewards this should be a rewarding system that makes sense you learn mechs for more mats, that simple. 

It's not my fault you don't join publically available discords that have been doing NC's job for them and tell us what's coming.  

The reason I'm calling out the difference between Korea and us is because we are getting the same changes for dungeon difficulty yet not given the same reward changes.  Korea doesn't get call to arms they have a permanent soul boost and better story rewards.   So if we don't get the same catchup mechanic why do we have the same difficulty.

Also if you were curious new hps are as follow

• Sandstorm Temple |  Easy - 2.8 Billion | Normal - 11.5 Billion | Hard - 34.7 Billion
  • Brood Chamber      |  Easy - 2.8 Billion | Normal - 11.7 Billion | Hard - 35.6 Billion
  • Cathedral Cliffs       |  Easy - 2.1 Billion | Normal - 8.6 Billion    | Hard - 25.9 Billion
  • StoneScale Passage| Easy - 2.5 Billion |  Normal - 10.1 Billion | Hard - 30.8 Billion
  • House of Idols         | Easy - 2.2 Billion | Normal - 8.1 Billion    | Hard - 24.6 Billion
  • Thornwind Caverns | Easy - 2.9 Billion | Normal - 10.7 Billion | Hard - 32.4 Billion

Keep in mind personally this is all upside for me.  I get scale fragment chests and I can still solo the bottom half of that and 2-3 man the others with my usual buddies.  I'm putting myself in the shoes of a new player.  You come out of story gear doing 500-700k dps for most classes(little higher on some of the new third specs).  Lets assume new players can manage 1m dps(which I doubt).  That's as 6 man party average of 6m dps.  Assuming that's 100% uptime(which it never is) it's going to take a full 6 man group of new players 8 minutes to do Sandstorm Temple or Brood Chamber's respective boss fights.  They will literally be on the cusp of failing to enrage timer even if they play the fight perfectly and know all the mechs.  On the other hand if they came out of story with TB9 like Korea you could expect somewhere between 2-3m average dps and it'd suddenly becomes a lot more realistic.  We shouldn't have to rely on call to arms to get to a manageable gear level.  Call to arms requires you to farm content to get the gear necessary to farm said content. 

Hell it's not even only new players getting shafted on story rewards.  Even regular players on the lower end getting shafted.  In Korea the new dungeon Forest of Echoes and the refreshed dungeons give IA soulshields yet ours give TB.  We get the same difficulty yet worse rewards at every step??  Even our pay2win events are worse hahaha.  Their fortune's favor gave 10x the amount of scales ours did.

Edited by Uskdara
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Uskdara said:

Keep in mind personally this is all upside for me.  I get scale fragment chests and I can still solo the bottom half of that and 2-3 man the others with my usual buddies.  I'm putting myself in the shoes of a new player.  You come out of story gear doing 500-700k dps for most classes(little higher on some of the new third specs).  Lets assume new players can manage 1m dps(which I doubt). 

I'm not saying you are wrong here, but I doubt it will be as bad as you make it. My gunner does easily do 1mil dps with a Aransu 6 and no gear, we will get much better weaon, square gems, heart, soul, TB to start with, I think people will do 2mil without problem.

https://i.postimg.cc/7h2B7x61/dps.jpg

Just now, Shîro said:

I'm not saying you are wrong here, but I doubt it will be as bad as you make it. My gunner does easily do 1mil dps with a Aransu 6 and no gear, we will get much better weaon, square gems, heart, soul, TB to start with, I think people will do 2mil without problem.

https://i.postimg.cc/7h2B7x61/dps.jpg

I'm talking about story gear.  You don't get aransu 6 out of story gear.  I think it will be *kind* of managable with the c2a bundle but what about next month when that's gone for 6 months to a year?  When people still get shadowforged 3 out of story.  Also keep in mind if your gunner is on your same account it has things like unity level that gives a ton of stats new players don't get.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uskdara said:

I'm talking about story gear.  You don't get aransu 6 out of story gear.  I think it will be *kind* of managable with the c2a bundle but what about next month when that's gone for 6 months to a year?  When people still get shadowforged 3 out of story.  Also keep in mind if your gunner is on your same account it has things like unity level that gives a ton of stats new players don't get.

True, without CTA event gearing as new player is trully pain, tons of gold and material wasted in grand celestial weapons...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Shîro said:

True, without CTA event gearing as new player is trully pain, tons of gold and material wasted in grand celestial weapons...

Yup.  Also just in case anyone thinks I'm just whining.  This doesn't impact me.  I'm a mega whale, I got 3500 AP, blackmoon gear, and I sustain 30m+ dps.  I'm concerned about the game dying.  I want it to be new player friendly.  I even spend time in f8 helping people do dailies and teaching mech when it's way way faster for me to solo it because I want new players sticking around.

• Like 1

I am a relativ new player, i started 2 weeks ago and i can say what i saw in the Daily Challenge stunned me. i was thinking about uninstalling the game because i refuse to pay money to get carried through the dungeons. 

Maybe NCsoft should make clear that you can do a "Easy" version of the dungeon and not just slap a HM lvl 25 on all of them and call it a day. it is not communicated at all and i have no clue how you want to retain new players like this. 

I played allot of MMO in my days but BNS is probably the most unfriendly new player experience i ever saw.

- > You learn absolutly nothing on your way to 60 -> Old dungeons are not played there is 0 interaction with people apart from Spammers that want to sell you dungeon runs. You basicly breeze through the experience and then you fall flat on your ass if you do not ponny up the money or find a guild/players that are willing to help you out.

• Like 1

I really don't see how new or low lvl chars are able to do three dailies now

I could only do two and the only option for a third is The Dragons Lair which is only up every 3h and if it's not up when you are playing and you are unable to play at the time it's up then you be screwed

• Like 1

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

Easy modes have much lower HP and have no wipe mechanics. Meaning that even if you struggle,you can jsut take anyone to complete them for the daily challenges. Just remember loot is trash because the difficulty is too easy.

lol maybe try out berfore typing next time, a long time I seen that much dead in BC.

4 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Easy modes have much lower HP and have no wipe mechanics. Meaning that even if you struggle,you can jsut take anyone to complete them for the daily challenges. Just remember loot is trash because the difficulty is too easy.

lower hp... yes sure, CC being easier and lower then sandstorm temple. and alot of folk are not getting past the first boss of BC at rank 17. On easy we died to his wipe mechanic after about getting to 45% he shouted and we all died. and im rank 21. this is not an event to help lower players, its to get carried by rank 30's .  put back the HP to normal for easy mode, its just too much HP for what the dungeon even is. 

49 minutes ago, Messh said:

lower hp... yes sure, CC being easier and lower then sandstorm temple. and alot of folk are not getting past the first boss of BC at rank 17. On easy we died to his wipe mechanic after about getting to 45% he shouted and we all died. and im rank 21. this is not an event to help lower players, its to get carried by rank 30's .  put back the HP to normal for easy mode, its just too much HP for what the dungeon even is. 

You are talking about normal mode and not easy mode. Easy mode has no wipe mechanics. Double check which dungeon mode you are entering.