UE4 to UE5

hr1sto93

• NCSOFT

Hey! Thank you for your suggestion. The next Unreal Engine for gaming is pretty amazing. At this point, gaming graphics will just be like going outdoors. XD

But UE5 is only in early access right now so developing for it would be challenging as according to their site, UE5 production-ready version won't be available until 2022. I think early access is a good grounds for testing out features whether for Blade & Soul or any future NC game.

21 hours ago, Hime said:

Hey! Thank you for your suggestion. The next Unreal Engine for gaming is pretty amazing. At this point, gaming graphics will just be like going outdoors. XD

But UE5 is only in early access right now so developing for it would be challenging as according to their site, UE5 production-ready version won't be available until 2022. I think early access is a good grounds for testing out features whether for Blade & Soul or any future NC game.

Do you think, NC would upgrade BnS to UE5? Maybe in 3-5 years?

16 minutes ago, Raiden12 said:

Do you think, NC would upgrade BnS to UE5? Maybe in 3-5 years?

If i am not mistaking Ue4 to UE5 is by far much easier to upgrade than UE3 to UE4. Since UE4 introduced a insane amount of new features and changes.

All they would really need to do is to keep up wit the engine upgrades in general. I know other games thet upgrade to each new UE4 engine version as soon as its available. If they wont do this they will again fall much behind.

Edited by Grimoir