I HATE - Call to Arms Event

Otaner

Let me put myself into the line of fire. I know everyone will come at me for this personal opinion, since Call to Arms is most probably the best event ever on B&S. But to be honest I really dislike how Call to Arms is held. 

This being said, I need to explain, I love the idea to help the player base improve their gear in an easier way. My disliking come with the unfairness of the improvements. 

At this point, I still don't really know how good the items will be (I've just heard something about Thornbreaker 9 weapon), but it also doesn't matter for the point I want to make (or maybe it does matter). 

Maybe before saying what's my problem with the Event I should explain who am I. Well, I'm just a casual Free to Play player (I've spend money in this game twice or so, maybe 3 years ago - with no decent return from the investment - so I completely gave up investing real money), I log in everyday, do my dailies and on weekends I use my hours to finish weeklies, raids and do some farming (when needed). I know there are plenty of players that invest far more time than me on the game, but I'm sure they are far ahead of me when it comes to gear, and that is FAIR. The higher the effort the higher the reward, this seems fair to me. 

What bothers me with this event, is that this event rewards returning or lazy players, with items that I've had to invest hours, upon hours, upon hours, upon hours... (you know the grinding don't you) in order to be able to get. Coincidentally my current weapon is... guess what? Thornbreaker 9. 

Well, you are probably saying that my problem is that I just want to have and keep my big ego and be "better than the newbs" (at the moment having a Thornbreaker 9 I'm neither a newb or a highbie, just in between - at least this is how I feel) with the Thornbreaker giveaway it will become newb standard. 

Again, it may seem as my problem is only being a sore looser. But I think it's not only that.

I think it just not fair. Returning or lazy players will be able to upgrade up to my current level, but I won't have the possibility to move pass my level. 

In my opinion the event should give equal oportunities for easier upgrades for all level of players. 

Instead of making us trade the farmed remnants (or other currency), for ready to use gear, they should enable the possiblity of allowing an alternative upgrade option where any stage of a weapon or accessory could be upgraded by using x remnants. (the higher the stage, the higher the demand of remnants)

This would make the event fair for all player base, instead of just rewarding returning or lazy players. I get that this type of event is nice to upgrade alts, but instead of rage quiting the game as many have done (and are now being rewarded) I've sticked to playing only with my main and I gave up playing with alts, it's too much time consuming and no fun rewarding.

But shouldn't I (and others alike) be rewarded as well?

And to finish my immense wall of text, there was little I took from past Call to Arms events, I think the Call of Arms event as it is nowadays, encourages players to play only at big updates to receive the new gear and quit once again after getting the gear, while others put the effort throughout months not having the possiblity of ever being rewarded. 

Well, let the rage game begin...

Let me have your opinion about it, with or without rage. :)

Have Fun & Stay Safe

i started to play this game like 2-3 months ago, i am at tb6 and i miss like 10 more blood roses to get it at stages 9 (f2p) i buyed lots of raids to get blood roses, now ill get free stage 9 ..... i feel ur pain. In my option theres no reason for upgrade anything besides soul, heart, pet and talisman. Everything else u get from cta events which are like 2-3x per year. At least i am glad that i didnt buy silversteel accesories, since we should get them from this cta.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Otaner said:

It's a problem with the game's design, mostly as a direct result of its p2w model. It is designed for you to not progress unless you pay to do so, and to inhibit any progress you can make without paying, with artificial barriers that waste your time and further lengthen the time taken for progression. The reason you are at Thornbreaker 9 is of no fault of new players or lazy players, it is simply because you have not paid enough money to progress further at a sufficient speed that would put you ahead of or on par with the latest content.

Your options are:

1. Spend more money to upgrade your gear faster
2. Wait for the Soul Pass subscription-type model
3. Play another game

2 hours ago, Otaner said:

I think it just not fair. Returning or lazy players will be able to upgrade up to my current level, but I won't have the possibility to move pass my level. 

In my opinion the event should give equal oportunities for easier upgrades for all level of players. 

Instead of making us trade the farmed remnants (or other currency), for ready to use gear, they should enable the possiblity of allowing an alternative upgrade option where any stage of a weapon or accessory could be upgraded by using x remnants. (the higher the stage, the higher the demand of remnants)

Every game needs a catchup mechanic.  What you're suffering from is the lack of one the game has had for years.  It shouldn't take years to get to tb9 and sovereign accessories that content is almost 3 years old.  Also you need to raid to progress.  Logging and doing dailies etc is great, but if you want to be past tb9 you *have* to raid or buy a raid clear from people who do.

In Korea you come out of the story with TB9.  NCWest has fallen severely behind and basically completely locked new players out.  Also Call to Arms *is* really good for you even if you already have TB9.  You get tons of materials, IA accessories, obsidian and garnet gems.  I don't agree that call to arms should give you IA gear.  You have so many options to get IA gear now the raid has been considerably nerfed and people sell it for pretty cheap.  You can also do bm raid plebs and get it with coins as well.

• Like 1

FWIW, I completely agree with the OP.  This game turns on how much you spend and how much you cheat rather than how much you play, and that aint right.  Because of the way they do it, anyone can be endgame in a few weeks.  I've always said the most effective way to advance in this game is not to play.

17 hours ago, Otaner said:

with the Thornbreaker giveaway it will become newb standard. 

Thats not right. TB 9 was always kinda newbie standart cause its pretty cheap to get since we have Silversteel and BM path after this already.

Alot of people including me think TB9 is the bare minimum you need to endgame pve.

Again, it may seem as my problem is only being a sore looser. But I think it's not only that.

I can totally understand your feelings. But weapon is not expensive that should be your least concern. The rest of the stuff is also at a stage which is okish.

Well i would count you as lazy player if you are still at TB9.

It does but for your alts. If you dont wanna play alts there is still tons of stuff you can use on ur main. Accesories for pvp and the mats you would have used to do TB 1 > TB 9 can be saved for ur weapon.......

I disagree cause thoose remnants will be easy to get by. What you are suggesting is making higher gear easy to obtain. Do you know how much people have worked for their true xxx soul or stage 9 whatever weapon ? This Event is giving the bare minimum required from you to do the content in this game and i think this is acceptable.

This would make the event fair for all player base, instead of just rewarding returning or lazy players.

It is rewarding everyone as i wrote. Either you put it on ur main for mats (they are usefull) or you create an alt for it which is also usefull.

16 hours ago, Ether Retsu said:

i started to play this game like 2-3 months ago, i am at tb6 and i miss like 10 more blood roses to get it at stages 9 (f2p) i buyed lots of raids to get blood roses, now ill get free stage 9 ..... i feel ur pain.

Well thats on you it was known for several months that we gonna get this event.

In my option theres no reason for upgrade anything besides soul, heart, pet and talisman. Everything else u get from cta events which are like 2-3x per year. At least i am glad that i didnt buy silversteel accesories, since we should get them from this cta.

Youll never have the current gen accesories.

20 hours ago, Otaner said:

Let me put myself into the line of fire. I know everyone will come at me for this personal opinion, since Call to Arms is most probably the best event ever on B&S. But to be honest I really dislike how Call to Arms is held. 

This being said, I need to explain, I love the idea to help the player base improve their gear in an easier way. My disliking come with the unfairness of the improvements. 

At this point, I still don't really know how good the items will be (I've just heard something about Thornbreaker 9 weapon), but it also doesn't matter for the point I want to make (or maybe it does matter). 

Maybe before saying what's my problem with the Event I should explain who am I. Well, I'm just a casual Free to Play player (I've spend money in this game twice or so, maybe 3 years ago - with no decent return from the investment - so I completely gave up investing real money), I log in everyday, do my dailies and on weekends I use my hours to finish weeklies, raids and do some farming (when needed). I know there are plenty of players that invest far more time than me on the game, but I'm sure they are far ahead of me when it comes to gear, and that is FAIR. The higher the effort the higher the reward, this seems fair to me. 

What bothers me with this event, is that this event rewards returning or lazy players, with items that I've had to invest hours, upon hours, upon hours, upon hours... (you know the grinding don't you) in order to be able to get. Coincidentally my current weapon is... guess what? Thornbreaker 9. 

Well, you are probably saying that my problem is that I just want to have and keep my big ego and be "better than the newbs" (at the moment having a Thornbreaker 9 I'm neither a newb or a highbie, just in between - at least this is how I feel) with the Thornbreaker giveaway it will become newb standard. 

This would make the event fair for all player base, instead of just rewarding returning or lazy players. I get that this type of event is nice to upgrade alts, but instead of rage quiting the game as many have done (and are now being rewarded) I've sticked to playing only with my main and I gave up playing with alts, it's too much time consuming and no fun rewarding.

But shouldn't I (and others alike) be rewarded as well?

And to finish my immense wall of text, there was little I took from past Call to Arms events, I think the Call of Arms event as it is nowadays, encourages players to play only at big updates to receive the new gear and quit once again after getting the gear, while others put the effort throughout months not having the possiblity of ever being rewarded. 

Well, let the rage game begin...

Let me have your opinion about it, with or without rage. 🙂

Have Fun & Stay Safe

How about an Alt character ? 
I main BD 2150AP and im back in game like 45-50days ago after a 2year inactivity.. I saw BD has 3rd spec which i don't like anymore
So im going to use C2A event to have Astromancer boosted with these items
I mean.. Dont you have a char that u like and you wish to have items with ? Im pretty sure u dont just play 1char
C2A is best for these reasons TB9 weapon silversteel acc's on new char and some farm in ebon/prime for gems will do ur char a beast of 2K ++ ap
Thats good to me and also returning players will never return if this wont happen. You must understand other people already have 3.5K AP and only way to reach them is by playing DAILY and get materials. 
Returning players cant have these materials it requires some time so helping them to go ~2K is good start, will be appreciated by most !

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

While i understand the position of those who don't like it, the Call to Arms event is definitely 1 of my favorite ones.

I'm one of those players who tend to take breaks on a regular basis, & it motivates me & helps me get back on track.

May we all have fun & enjoy the game, in our own ways.

19 hours ago, Tufa said:

FWIW, I completely agree with the OP.  This game turns on how much you spend and how much you cheat rather than how much you play, and that aint right.  Because of the way they do it, anyone can be endgame in a few weeks.  I've always said the most effective way to advance in this game is not to play.

This is so untrue it's laughable.  Blade and soul's cash shop is really bad and has a lot of issues but you can not just "be end game" from f10.  It barely ever sells anything useful and things you really need like scales or cores are almost never in there or in with incredibly small quantities for a really high price.  Like even the current bundle, $50 for 5 nocturnal scales and 5 shimmering scales limited to 3 times per account, you  need 100's of each.  You could spend $150 and it's not even enough to get one accessory to stage 10.

There's also unity level which cannot be bought.  Charms have 24 hour cooldowns so even when they're in shops/bundles it doesn't matter.  Same with hongmoon level, just like scales it's rarely in the shop and when it is it's such a small amount it doesn't matter at all.

Blade and soul is an endless long term grind and the real pay to win stuff(pet achievement, gems, and mythic unity) should be the least of a concern for regular players.  That only has a significant impact on the already end gamed geared people competing for top 10 in CM etc and they removed most the ladders anyway.  

Even if you can buy a lot of stats(which I agree is bad) you *HAVE* to play a metric f**k ton to progress in blade and soul regardless.  If you play as much as you think you do the reality is you're probably just bad and doing the wrong things.  You can't just farm 3+ year old dungeons that give onyx scales and expect to progress.  You need to do the new content and learn mechs.  You need to do spectral(learn mechs).  You need to do raids(learn mechs).

On 9/2/2021 at 9:45 AM, Fat Cat said:

It's a problem with the game's design, mostly as a direct result of its p2w model. It is designed for you to not progress unless you pay to do so, and to inhibit any progress you can make without paying, with artificial barriers that waste your time and further lengthen the time taken for progression. The reason you are at Thornbreaker 9 is of no fault of new players or lazy players, it is simply because you have not paid enough money to progress further at a sufficient speed that would put you ahead of or on par with the latest content.

Your options are:

1. Spend more money to upgrade your gear faster
2. Wait for the Soul Pass subscription-type model
3. Play another game

What a joke.  There are plenty of end game geared players that are 100% or nearly 100% free to play.  Sure you're not gonna have mythic unity stones or hepta dyad gems but you don't need those to do end game content.  The reality is you're probably just bad at the game if you have this mentality.  You don't want to learn mechs and you want to be able to just burst content like end game players.  There are people with c2a level gear doing HoI and TC all the time.  TC has been out for what almost 3 months?  If you did 3 runs a day(30-40 minutes of playtime) you'd have 300 runs and probably ring and earring by now.  

Make a challenge mode group too and you can get easy scales and a chance at grand psyches.  The damage threshold is really low to clear hard mode TC/HoI you just have to actually learn the rotations and do the mechs.

Do your weeklies, do old raids like VT,SK,BT,TT (people host them all the time in faction chat) and you'll get a ton of gold and even new raid materials from the daily/weekly rewards.

Edited by Uskdara

Seems like you've never participated in any CTA event previously otherwise you'd know that you can collect the CTA rewards on your main character. The rewards alone can be very useful unless you don't have a use for sacred vials, pet packs, awakened radiance stones, crystals free ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ etc. Also who cares if new players can get TB9 with minimal effort. Just cus you cant afford to go past tb9 shouldnt mean others should be locked to it too LUL

1 hour ago, Merchant Ow O said:

Seems like you've never participated in any CTA event previously otherwise you'd know that you can collect the CTA rewards on your main character. The rewards alone can be very useful unless you don't have a use for sacred vials, pet packs, awakened radiance stones, crystals free ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ etc. Also who cares if new players can get TB9 with minimal effort. Just cus you cant afford to go past tb9 shouldnt mean others should be locked to it too LUL

Exactly.  Just another case of a player who's spent years only doing Brood Chamber down and spends a ton of time on aransu alts then complains he can't keep up with whales.

My main is nearly 100% free to play. Most of the time if I toss money at the game its for a outfit, and not personal power...and yet I have SS9, Silversteel accessories and soul shields, and generally have a fair amount of power. I'm still not on par with whales, but sometimes I outperform them because they bought power and never learned how to actually play.

The P2W isn't that strong in BNS folks.

1 hour ago, LynMasterRace said:

The P2W isn't that strong in BNS folks.

Thats where you are wrong kiddo.

Its true you can get far as F2P but before i quit i was probably one of the best equipped free to play players and i just barely did like 28 million while whales did already like 50 Million.

Thats simply cause of stuff you cannot aquire in a reasonable ammount of time in this game like max gems or max Unity stones which are pretty much unobtainable without pay to win and thats not all just take the psyches for soul etc as example which cost atleast 15k each and you need up to 5 for each item.

This game is definetly pay to win cause this dmg dosent stay in pve it also get to pvp aswell. Imagine playing against summoners with 20k crit dmg and 12k mystic in pvp. BTW they still have full PVP gear even with thoose stats.

1 hour ago, FeuchterLyn said:

Thats where you are wrong kiddo.

Its true you can get far as F2P but before i quit i was probably one of the best equipped free to play players and i just barely did like 28 million while whales did already like 50 Million.

Thats simply cause of stuff you cannot aquire in a reasonable ammount of time in this game like max gems or max Unity stones which are pretty much unobtainable without pay to win and thats not all just take the psyches for soul etc as example which cost atleast 15k each and you need up to 5 for each item.

This game is definetly pay to win cause this dmg dosent stay in pve it also get to pvp aswell. Imagine playing against summoners with 20k crit dmg and 12k mystic in pvp. BTW they still have full PVP gear even with thoose stats.

We will have to agree to disagree on this matter. I do agree the gem situation is absolute garbage though, and has been for a long time...even with really good bundles that come up it probably would cost about 50-60 bucks for a maxed gem...and that's not counting Dyads. Unity isn't as bound to those constraints and the opinion of many I've spoken with is Unity cash shop bundles kinda suck anyways and is a hilarious whale trap.

Most of what you are describing is end game tier stuff, though...when you're at a point where there are few other upgrades and you need to consider things like that to push further. Also I didn't say it WASN'T pay to win, I said it was not all that strong. Also if you quit, I'm curious why you are still here, part of a community for a game you no longer play? It damages your stance when you don't have up to date info on matters in game.