Pre-download question

Draknalor

39 minutes ago, Shekinah said:

Nothing gets replaced so you need enoguh space for both game files.

Seems like we can/have to deinstall UE 3 after UE 4 went live

Well, that's a bummer, don't really have enough space on the SSD where i currently have BnS and if i download it on the HDD there would be longer loading screens..

I guess i could uninstall UE3 from the SSD, install it on the HDD then do the Pre-download to the SSD.

But much hazzle.

Edited by Draknalor

3 hours ago, Draknalor said:

Well, that's a bummer, don't really have enough space on the SSD where i currently have BnS and if i download it on the HDD there would be longer loading screens..

I guess i could uninstall UE3 from the SSD, install it on the HDD then do the Pre-download to the SSD.

But much hazzle.

just buy a cheap NVMe SSD with 2TB just for gaming stuff, like I did and problem is solved 😃 

5 hours ago, Draknalor said:

But much hazzle.

If you don't have the 160gb for pre-installation but have the 60gb for the game you can start the download and keep deleting the "$patch$" folder inside the bns_ue4 folder once the download stops because of no space and restart the download after to get the full ue4 game installed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Draknalor said:

But much hazzle.

If your download is capped or you have really long download times, could always just predownload to the HDD then copy the files over when UE4 goes live. Not ideal, but can help.

• Like 1